Author Topic: what 42inch and 32inch tv to buy?  (Read 2550 times)

Offline jperdise

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
what 42inch and 32inch tv to buy?
« on: Dec 01, 2010 at 12:13 PM »
I'm planning to get 2 (two) tv's by mid-december (or maybe this week).

- first tv

- lcd/plasma/led lcd?
     - it should be a 40incher or bigger
     - full hd
     - it should be better than 60hz (tru-motion/motion plus)
     - budget would be around 60k-80k php
     - i looking to bundle this with a good home theater (htib with high wattage/rms)

- second tv

- lcd/plasma
     - 32 inches or as budget permits
     - full hd
     - budget is around 25k php
     - used 60% games, 40% movies.

any brand would do. i would like to get the best with all the parameters.
i hope you can give me options to choose from (model name, price, store, etc.)

just to add up. these 2 (two) tv's will be on 2 separated homes. :)

thank you very much.

also, a detailed description and explanation of your choice would be very much appreciated.

-edited-
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2010 at 12:50 PM by jperdise »

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
Re: what 42inch and 32inch tv to buy?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 12:26 PM »
First TV:  Panasonic 42V20 (60K nalang yata kay DOM so meron kang sobrang 20K from 80K budget).     Detailed explanations are all contained within the V20 thread.

Second TV:  Add mo yung 20K you saved above sa 25K so you'd have 45K budget:  I like one of those Toshiba Regza full HD LEDs but I dont know kung pasok sa 45K budget ang 32 incher.  Kung puede kang non-full HD, isa pang plasma but yung 42C10 or 42X20 at 29.5K - depende sa type mo.

Pero right now ang total budget mo is 80 + 25 = 105K.  So if I were you, I would opt for 90K 50V20 as first TV and tsaka na yung 2nd TV kapag nadagdagan na yung sobrang 15K.   50V is approx 145% bigger than 42V.  Take note, pinipilahan ng 3 weeks ang 50V20 sa Japan..sa Japan ne...just to give you some idea how exceptional that TV is that pati sa HQ, nauubusan ang Panasonic.  hehehe.

PS
Yung 30-day upgrade option ng SnS is something worth considering especially kung hindi ka maka-decide sa size and make.   I would suppose that you can buy a 42 inch now, but can upgrade to 50 inch within 30 days without losing value on the original purchase, or, perhaps you can buy a Plasma now but can opt to change to an equivalent LED within 30 days, again without losing value on the original purchase.  So para kang binigyan ng 30-day trial period to make up your mind.   Anyways, I think you should ask Vic about the details of that option to be sure.
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2010 at 01:49 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline jperdise

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 02:33 PM »
are these plasma tv's where talking about sir clondalkin?

anyway il consider the pana tv's your tellin me.

Panasonic 42v20 (or as sir clondalkin was saying a 50incher would be better)

and yes, thank you for enlightening me with the 30day-upgrade-system which SnS is offering.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2010 at 03:02 PM »
are these plasma tv's where talking about sir clondalkin?

anyway il consider the pana tv's your tellin me.

Panasonic 42v20 (or as sir clondalkin was saying a 50incher would be better)

and yes, thank you for enlightening me with the 30day-upgrade-system which SnS is offering.

Yes I am strongly recommending the Panasonic V2/V20/V25 plasma.  It is, in my opinion, the best 2D HDTV you can buy at the moment at its price point of around 90K pesos.  I have both a 50incher and a 42incher, and I am absolutely impressed by the quality of image they project.   But to be fair, you might prefer the image quality produced by an LED TV, so you have to see for yourself because they are quite different.  But do take note that you have to spend a whole lot more money for a similar class of LED TV.   In case you haven't noticed, mas mura effectively ang plasma at the same size and class, than an LED/LCD TV.

50-incher would make you over 145% happier than 42-incher -guaranteed.  Hehehe.   I saw your total budget of 105K for 2 TVs, so why not go for one (1) incomparable 50V20.

Yes that particular SnS policy is worth noting...I havent had the chance to buy anything from SnS though. ;) 

Offline jperdise

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2010 at 11:40 AM »
again, thank you sir.

i actually need 2 tv's and they wont be sitting on a single home.

anyways, i might visit an appliance store later. any brands/models that i should look into?

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2010 at 12:16 PM »
i actually need 2 tv's and they wont be sitting on a single home.

anyways, i might visit an appliance store later. any brands/models that i should look into?

If both houses are equally important, can you increase your budget to 120K and buy 2 sets of 42V20 instead?

Right now, it's Panasonic Plasma or nothing for me.  Mala Onkyo606 (Tirso).  Hehehe.  So I'd leave to others what specific LED/LCD TV models are exceptional and thus highly recommended - ask Vic of SnS para mapadali ang pagpipilian mo sa LED/LCD TVs because you have many options sa total budget mo.

I think  LG and Toshiba brands are your popular options sa locally available LED/LCD TVs.   I have also been using a 32LG50 since 2008 connected to a PC.   Color saturation is nice - really nice for high def viewing.  Kung interested ka sa Sony, try to check kung available ang EX700, EX710, HX700, NX800 locally.  Kung LED/LCD ang bibilhin mo, piliin mo yung MINIMUM ang backlight bleeding - hassle yon.  ;)  Sa totoo lang hindi dapat napapansin ang backlight bleeding.

Ja goodluk sa yo.
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2010 at 12:18 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline jperdise

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 11:02 AM »
yung pana plasma HD ready lang?

Offline nsp

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 11:27 AM »
ooops careful, you're about to start another debate on full hd vs hd ready for 42" and below.  :)
« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2010 at 02:26 PM by nsp »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 12:26 PM »
yung pana plasma HD ready lang?

V20 is full HD.

X20 and C10 are not full HD but they are better than OK unless perhaps you want to use the Plasma as PC monitor for regular computing apps - kung MKV viewing via PC, no major major problem.   Jaggedy edges and texts here and there but those could be trivial especially if you sit far enough from the TV.   Ganon din actually kung regular computing apps - lumayo ka lang from the TV ng tama and magnify mo yung screen or font sizes appropriately, usable pa rin naman.   Yung glare and reflection ang concern ko sa models na eto but that can be dealt with if you can control the illumination of your TV room.  Yung V20, kahit ilagay mo sa maliwanag na garahe or porch or veranda ay viewable ang image...wag mo lang ilalagay sa ilalim ng araw...hehehe

Offline jperdise

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 02:01 PM »
cool..

any good movie that il take with me just incase il do 'movie tests'?

and what movie scenes should i be specifically be concern with?

thanks again.

nsp, im not gonna do debates im just asking facts (spec wise if it is) anyway thanks.

and yea, any particular model/brand of tv you know that could possibly fit my purchase?

Offline nsp

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 02:44 PM »
was just kidding jp...

anyway, for 30k the lg and panasonic plasmas are both good buys. you'll get better specs with the lg 42pj350 (divx playback via usb, 3M:1 contrast ratio, lg philippines warranty) than the panasonic 42c10 or 42x20. however, the latter has the more mature plasma tradition. too bad there's no av store in the metro that carries both models. so you can't really compare them side by side. but if you try to compare them with their lcd counterparts, both will be runaway winners. so i think you'll be happy with whatever you choose between the two.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 03:16 PM »
any good movie that il take with me just incase il do 'movie tests'?
and what movie scenes should i be specifically be concern with?

Just bring your favorite movie and hopefully, the shop(s)' display units are connected to BD player or NMT.   Hindi puedeng i-identify yung stores but I know merong may nakakabit na NMT..hehehe.

Then if you only rely on the high def demo contents of the respective makers (the fishes and the animals and the trees and the skies and the hills and the moutains and the sexy girls and the foodstuff), they would all look great.  Try to feed the HDTV some garbage and see which one sucks the least (meron kang anything avi?  Yung low rez blocky content then check mo kung anong lalabas na image quality in full screen - pustahan kakainin ng plasma ang LCD the worse the content is...hehehe).

Pero may iba ring dating yung mga LEDs with Tru-Motion.   ;)

Offline babed95

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Dec 03, 2010 at 04:50 PM »
sir how about the lg pk550 50 inches plasma full h.d super slim ang ganda ng design nasa 60k din ang price nya exclusive sa sm appliances center and if nababasa mo yun thread sa service maganda ang standing ng lg sa after sales service nila sbi nga ni sir clod mas madodoble mo ang saya if diretso ka na sa 50 inches parang isang major upgrade ka lng di tulad namin na may mga 42 hayun nag iisip ng mag upgrade sa 50 hehehehe pro siyempre trust your eyes talagang dapat i audition mo muna kaw na mag provide ng vids mo pra sa audition wla kang talo sa mga brand na sinabi namin dito.

Offline jperdise

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Dec 06, 2010 at 12:49 PM »
thank you all for the replies..

may i just add.

the 32-inch-tv will be used 60% games, 40% movies.