Author Topic: LG 32LH70YR Fan Boys!  (Read 205676 times)

Offline jcads

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LG 32LH70YR Fan Boys!
« Reply #270 on: Dec 29, 2009 at 06:26 PM »
*Update

So far here's the list of members who encountered the glitch/issue.

1. icarusf3ll (fw 3.15, august 2009)
2. ppoooh (fw 3.15, august 2009)
3. lawin (fw 3.15, august 2009)
4. iammaki (fw 3.15, august 2009)
5. jcads (fw 3.15, may 2009)
6. nelo1 (fw 3.15, sept 2009)
7. xrampage -(fw 3.15, august 2009)
8. ru$h - Sir, please state your LCD's Manufactured Date and the Firmware.

#######################################

9. User 1 outside PDVD (fw 3.15, august 2009)
10. User 2 outside PDVD (fw 3.15, august 2009)

Contact details as follows:
Mr. Joel Canoy
Tel#: 902-5544 (thru Operator) - and do request to connect to his local
Email Address: [email protected]

« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2009 at 06:27 PM by jcads »

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #271 on: Dec 29, 2009 at 06:52 PM »
But so far so good it do the jobs for me. Maybe i will be reporting this next week since im at bulacan now. While waiting for the update on our issue im happy using my unit it does the job. It has also good PQ in playing original DVD with the settings that has been posted here. :)
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline aar0nix

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #272 on: Dec 29, 2009 at 07:04 PM »
hey guys, add me up on the list. i still have to call Mr. Canoy since it's already holiday starting tomorrow.

My firmware is 3.15, mfg. date is August 2009.

I still have another issue with the USB photo/mp3/video player. It can't read HD .avi and .mkv files. i know it's asking too much but even the 42LH70YR can't play it. How come Samsung Series 6 TV's can? It's unfair.

I like this TV, but I'm thinking of returning this to where i bought it since the LG representative of the store is not even helping me on my concern.

Offline jcads

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #273 on: Dec 29, 2009 at 08:31 PM »
hey guys, add me up on the list. i still have to call Mr. Canoy since it's already holiday starting tomorrow.

My firmware is 3.15, mfg. date is August 2009.

I still have another issue with the USB photo/mp3/video player. It can't read HD .avi and .mkv files. i know it's asking too much but even the 42LH70YR can't play it. How come Samsung Series 6 TV's can? It's unfair.

I like this TV, but I'm thinking of returning this to where i bought it since the LG representative of the store is not even helping me on my concern.

Sir regarding on your HD format play back concern sorry to say but our LCD and even the 42" model don't support it.

Okay we will include you on the list....

*Update

So far here's the list of members who encountered the glitch/issue.

1. icarusf3ll (fw 3.15, august 2009)
2. ppoooh (fw 3.15, august 2009)
3. lawin (fw 3.15, august 2009)
4. iammaki (fw 3.15, august 2009)
5. jcads (fw 3.15, may 2009)
6. nelo1 (fw 3.15, sept 2009)
7. xrampage -(fw 3.15, august 2009)
8. aar0nix - (fw 3.15, august 2009)
9. ru$h - Sir, please state your LCD's Manufactured Date and the Firmware.

#######################################

10. User 1 outside PDVD (fw 3.15, august 2009)
11. User 2 outside PDVD (fw 3.15, august 2009)

Contact details as follows:
Mr. Joel Canoy
Tel#: 902-5544 (thru Operator) - and do request to connect to his local
Email Address: [email protected]

Offline stryker1927

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #274 on: Dec 29, 2009 at 09:53 PM »
Do you guys know saan pa may stock nito? Seems like everybody has ran out of stock for this particular model. Some say we'll have to wait til 2nd - 3rd week of January before LG starts shipping out 32LH70's...bummer

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #275 on: Dec 29, 2009 at 11:18 PM »
Do you guys know saan pa may stock nito? Seems like everybody has ran out of stock for this particular model. Some say we'll have to wait til 2nd - 3rd week of January before LG starts shipping out 32LH70's...bummer

I just saw a unit on display at SM Appliance Center - Megamall today. It is already gathering dust. I doubt that anybody would like to buy this display unit. Was not able to ask the Salesman whether they do still have sealed units on stock. You may call up the store to confirm availability. But then the price tag attached was php39,990.00 and no cash discount indicated. Better check out the price as well.

Offline jcads

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #276 on: Dec 29, 2009 at 11:28 PM »
@Ppoooh

Bro what's up? So far I'm gathering more 32LH70 owners that are experiencing the same problem. I haven't called Joel since I'm kind a busy this past few days and I'm leaving out of town.

I was hoping that they will do a necessary action regarding our concern, we're more than 5 owners having the same problem it's way beyond Sir Joel's cota w/c is 5 number of incident report.

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #277 on: Dec 30, 2009 at 12:09 AM »
@Ppoooh

Bro what's up? So far I'm gathering more 32LH70 owners that are experiencing the same problem. I haven't called Joel since I'm kind a busy this past few days and I'm leaving out of town.

I was hoping that they will do a necessary action regarding our concern, we're more than 5 owners having the same problem it's way beyond Sir Joel's cota w/c is 5 number of incident report.

It is good that a summary of those affected have been gathered continuously. We wouldn't be able to talk to anybody in LG Phils due to the holiday break. We can only do follow up by 1st week of January 2010.

Have been trying other channels of LG to inquire about "Software/Hardware Updates". The posting I done thru LG website last Dec 23 have been responded to just today. It was the Customer Relationship Management of LG Indonesia. But then the reply email is "[email protected]", meaning I couldn't send a reply to it. Accdg to the response email, they will get in touch with their R&D on my reported bugs (no details given to them yet). And they will get back to me (most likely to my email address) anytime soon. Anybody here wants to coordinate with them thru a toll-free number given to me? I might not be able to dial a toll-free number thru my telephone. As I didn't have my IDD enabled. It would be better for me to send it thru PM for those who would want to take this route. They might not know that I am from the Philippines. As the online form on the website wouldn't allow me to change to another country except "Indonesia".

So for the meantime, be patient. Just enjoy your LCD TVs during this holiday break.

Offline stryker1927

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #278 on: Dec 30, 2009 at 12:27 AM »
I just saw a unit on display at SM Appliance Center - Megamall today. It is already gathering dust. I doubt that anybody would like to buy this display unit. Was not able to ask the Salesman whether they do still have sealed units on stock. You may call up the store to confirm availability. But then the price tag attached was php39,990.00 and no cash discount indicated. Better check out the price as well.

Thanks will check out Mega Appliance Center first thing tomorrow.

Offline znj

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #279 on: Dec 30, 2009 at 02:08 AM »
@stryker1927
fyi...Robinson's Galleria Appliance Center is selling them for 39K+ less 8k with bundled 'freebies'. AVSurfer is also selling them for 29k+ in the same mall.

Offline mjddl163

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #280 on: Dec 30, 2009 at 02:21 AM »
Also saw this a while ago at Robinson's Galleria, it cost 31,990 and comes with a LG GB320 phone (worth 4k-5k). I thought that it would be sold out by now but there was a lot of display units in the store.

Offline iammaki

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #281 on: Dec 30, 2009 at 05:57 AM »
It is good that a summary of those affected have been gathered continuously. We wouldn't be able to talk to anybody in LG Phils due to the holiday break. We can only do follow up by 1st week of January 2010.

Have been trying other channels of LG to inquire about "Software/Hardware Updates". The posting I done thru LG website last Dec 23 have been responded to just today. It was the Customer Relationship Management of LG Indonesia. But then the reply email is "[email protected]", meaning I couldn't send a reply to it. Accdg to the response email, they will get in touch with their R&D on my reported bugs (no details given to them yet). And they will get back to me (most likely to my email address) anytime soon. Anybody here wants to coordinate with them thru a toll-free number given to me? I might not be able to dial a toll-free number thru my telephone. As I didn't have my IDD enabled. It would be better for me to send it thru PM for those who would want to take this route. They might not know that I am from the Philippines. As the online form on the website wouldn't allow me to change to another country except "Indonesia".

So for the meantime, be patient. Just enjoy your LCD TVs during this holiday break.

Thats a progress.

Hey, even if the unit has issues. I'm still enjoying it. I don't really change picture mode anyways. But still its best that our unit be fixed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #282 on: Dec 30, 2009 at 09:09 AM »
Shot while Playing DVD on my HTPC. :)

I love it, it does the job i need even there are software issues.  :o :o ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2009 at 09:20 AM by xrampage »
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline cynpen

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: Dec 30, 2009 at 09:12 AM »
nagtetear yung sa akin kapag naka 0% yung overscan sa extended mode ng ATI kapag ginagalaw ko yung mouse..  :(

@jcads

10. User 1 outside PDVD (fw 3.15, august 2009) <- ako ba ito..  ;)

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #284 on: Dec 30, 2009 at 09:23 AM »
nagtetear yung sa akin kapag naka 0% yung overscan sa extended mode ng ATI kapag ginagalaw ko yung mouse..  :(

@jcads

10. User 1 outside PDVD (fw 3.15, august 2009) <- ako ba ito..  ;)

what video card are you using? I have no such issue as your's i'm using HD4200 onboard asus 785G evo.  ;D ;D ::) ::)
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline stryker1927

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #285 on: Dec 30, 2009 at 01:52 PM »
@stryker1927
fyi...Robinson's Galleria Appliance Center is selling them for 39K+ less 8k with bundled 'freebies'. AVSurfer is also selling them for 29k+ in the same mall.

Unfortunately, none of the stores mentioned carry the 23LH70YR. Lahat out of stock. What's ironic is I saw 3 units on display, talk about rubbing it in..

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 11:27 AM »
Happy New Year to All !

I thought this website won't be coming back up this January. Siguro nag Server Maintenance lang sila. Sayang kasi mga posts natin dito.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 12:35 PM »
Happy new year to all. :)

Issue of my unit has been reported to LG costumer hotline as per Joel Canoy advise this has been reported to LG Korea and as per advise by by LG Korea they will make new firmware to resolve the issue. I think LG technician should do the work for updating the firmware of our units so that if issue occurs they will be the one liable. :)

Even in baron antenna i love the PQ of my LG Scarlet. :)

watching QTV

« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2010 at 12:43 PM by xrampage »
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Jaybats

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #288 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 12:52 PM »
POSSIBLE SOLUTION TO THE GLITCH

I have my 32LH70YR connected to a Philips DVP-3360K. Both LG Simplink/Philips Easylink set to ON. In noticed the flickering/blank out problem while doing a long fast-forward with TV set to Sport mode.

Go to Picture, set to Sport mode, then under Advanced Settings change the Eye Care setting to "Off". Did the same thing with the Natural mode. It seems to have resolved the problem of the screen flickering/blanking out when turning on with unpowered source. Still observing, though.

As far as I can tell, Eye Care is some kind of anti-dazzling option, which adjusts picture brightness and keep changes in light levels less drastic while watching. Seems kind of redundant if you already have the eco-mode/intelligent sensor on.
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2010 at 12:56 PM by Jaybats »

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #289 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 01:25 PM »
POSSIBLE SOLUTION TO THE GLITCH

I have my 32LH70YR connected to a Philips DVP-3360K. Both LG Simplink/Philips Easylink set to ON. In noticed the flickering/blank out problem while doing a long fast-forward with TV set to Sport mode.

Go to Picture, set to Sport mode, then under Advanced Settings change the Eye Care setting to "Off". Did the same thing with the Natural mode. It seems to have resolved the problem of the screen flickering/blanking out when turning on with unpowered source. Still observing, though.

As far as I can tell, Eye Care is some kind of anti-dazzling option, which adjusts picture brightness and keep changes in light levels less drastic while watching. Seems kind of redundant if you already have the eco-mode/intelligent sensor on.

Try the econo mode/intelegent sensor = off and eye care = on if the issue persist then that is not the solution then. The feature eye care is there so there must be no issue even if the owner of the unit will on that feature on those mode's.

The flickering issue should not be there since those mode's is using default setting's correct me if im wrong.
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2010 at 01:35 PM by xrampage »
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #290 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 01:38 PM »
For those who also owned the LG HT554TM HTIB packaged with our beloved LG 32LH70YR, I would like you to visit this thread for any issues you found on your "LG HT554TM". Thanks.

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=105084.0
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2010 at 01:51 PM by Ppoooh »

Offline Jaybats

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #291 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 02:39 PM »
Try the econo mode/intelegent sensor = off and eye care = on if the issue persist then that is not the solution then. The feature eye care is there so there must be no issue even if the owner of the unit will on that feature on those mode's.

The flickering issue should not be there since those mode's is using default setting's correct me if im wrong.

My Econo-mode is set to Maximum, while the Intelligent Sensor AV option has the Eye Care option greyed out (cannot be changed).

I have verified, by checking the reaction of the TV before and after setting Eye Care to ON and OFF under the Natural/Sport setting; leaving the DVD player unpowered, I wait for the TV's reaction on power-up after each re-setting. As it turns out, the flickering/blanking out always came back after I turned Eye Care ON; it did not come back when it was OFF.

I suspect there is a conflict arising from the Eye Care setting and the process of adjustment of the TV backlight when the Econo-mode kicks in. This may be what causes the flickering and blanking out as the two simultaneously try to adjust the TV screen.

That said, I did not say this was a bug fix. This may be just a simple solution so that the problem is not triggered until a complete fix is carried out, if you want to go ahead and have it done. Just because Eye Care is there doesn't mean you have to use it. There are already 3 ways by which the TV backlight/brightness is automatically adjusted (Eye Care, Econo-mode, Intelligent Sensor), in addition to the manual adjustment options, so I don't care if I turn any one of them off permanently. It doesn't significantly affect the TV's performance or my enjoyment anyway.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #292 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 05:55 PM »
My Econo-mode is set to Maximum, while the Intelligent Sensor AV option has the Eye Care option greyed out (cannot be changed).

Have you try to OFF the econo mode and try to ON the Intelligent Sensor AV option has the Eye Care option to test if the issue still persist? Is your settings the defaults settings of the game mode and natural mode or have already adjust the settings? I encounter the issue by the default setting of those mode's (Game and natural mode). I will check later if the two settings is ON on the default settings of the two mode's.

Just got home check and do the following to double check the issue.

i have reset the settings to default and i got this settings below but the issue still persist.

Natural default settinds:

Energy Saving = Off
Eye Care = On

Sports default settings:

Energy Saving = Off
Eye Care = On

For those who encounter the issue kindly double check your settings in default if you issue still persist. :)
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2010 at 09:38 PM by xrampage »
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Jaybats

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #293 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 09:59 PM »
i have reset the settings to default and i got this settings below but the issue still persist.

Natural default settinds:

Energy Saving = Off
Eye Care = On

Sports default settings:

Energy Saving = Off
Eye Care = On

For those who encounter the issue kindly double check your settings in default if you issue still persist. :)

Kaya nga, the problem is with the default settings with Eye Care ON, so the solution proposed is simply to NOT use the default settings by turning Eye Care OFF. That's why it appears to be a programming glitch, as far as I can tell.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #294 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 10:25 PM »

I set the energy saving to maximum and i can still set the eye care to ON/OFF.

I suspect there is a conflict arising from the Eye Care setting and the process of adjustment of the TV backlight when the Econo-mode kicks in. This may be what causes the flickering and blanking out as the two simultaneously try to adjust the TV screen.

Sir what conflict are you talking on this one? The energy saving is on and the eye care settings is on? Base on what i understand on your statement both are ON.

Some of your info is confusing. Kindly double check again your test or just a typo error? :)
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2010 at 10:29 PM by xrampage »
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline gharesco

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #295 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 01:44 AM »

Share ko lang yung set up ko with you fellow lg 32lh70yr owners. :)

More pics here http://www.pinoyxbox.com/phpnuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=30822

Happy New Year!

Offline icarusf3ll

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #296 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 07:18 AM »

More pics here http://www.pinoyxbox.com/phpnuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=30822

Happy New Year!
nice set-up:] may i ask where and how much you got that table as i've been trying to find a nice one for mine (i also bought the ht554)?

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #297 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 07:25 AM »
I saw the exact same table at an Abenson's, just can't remember which (one of the bigger ones, like in a mall, IIRC).

Offline stryker1927

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #298 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 09:42 AM »

Happy New Year!

Cool!!!

Offline Lawin

• Collector
  • Trust in the Lord . . .
  • Liked:
« Reply #299 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 10:22 AM »

Happy New Year!

Ganda set-up, ano yung outi na may antenna sa gilid? NMT ba?

In one of the threads here in pinoydvd, may post na pag naglagay ka ng ilaw sa likod ng LCD e mas nagiging maganda ang PQ ( parang "ambilight" ba yun?). Anyway, i tried it by using a white cabinet light ( yung nabibile sa Ace or DIY na manipis na flourescent light, electronic type - +/- P250.00). Ganda ng effect lalo na pag-patay ibang lights, mas na-enhance ang PQ! LG Fans you may want to try it ...