Author Topic: LG 32LH70YR Fan Boys!  (Read 205757 times)

Offline gharesco

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LG 32LH70YR Fan Boys!
« Reply #300 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 12:21 PM »
Thanks sa mga positive feedback. :)

Yung table sa Mall of Asia Hypermarket ko lang nabili yan. Hehe. Mura lang kasi display unit na lang tas sale pa. I think may mga tv rack pa dun pero iba na design.

@Lawin
Buffalo wireless router yan bro. And thanks for the tip on the ambilight. I will try that when I have the time.

;D

Offline icarusf3ll

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #301 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 02:40 PM »
Kaya nga, the problem is with the default settings with Eye Care ON, so the solution proposed is simply to NOT use the default settings by turning Eye Care OFF. That's why it appears to be a programming glitch, as far as I can tell.
good catch jay! i suspected that there was a certain feature causing this that is unique to the sports and natural mode, i'll verify this later.

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #302 on: Jan 06, 2010 at 08:45 AM »
update on the issue.

Joel Canoy called me at advise that i should email him regarding the issue for him to collate all then he will give to his/her supervisor. I suggest that all user that have this issue should also do the same. Thanks
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline backmarker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm lovin' it
  • Liked:
« Reply #303 on: Jan 06, 2010 at 09:34 AM »
Is the LH70 in stock right now at major appliance centers?

Offline Lawin

• Collector
  • Trust in the Lord . . .
  • Liked:
« Reply #304 on: Jan 06, 2010 at 12:47 PM »
I also emailed mr. Canoy of LG to document my service request, then called him as well ( he will ask what devices you use when you encountered the issue) . He mentioned that "problem" is already reported to LG Korea and that they are waiting for a firmware update but no advise yet when this will be ready.

Offline aar0nix

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #305 on: Jan 07, 2010 at 12:26 AM »
emailed him as well. very quick and polite response from Mr. Canoy. I just hope the TV can be firmware-upgraded so it can play HD .avi and .mkv files.  ;D

Offline Arnel E.

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #306 on: Jan 07, 2010 at 01:43 AM »
emailed him as well. very quick and polite response from Mr. Canoy. I just hope the TV can be firmware-upgraded so it can play HD .avi and .mkv files.  ;D

Mejo malabo atang firmware update lang e kaya na mag-play ng HD avi and mkv files, unless the processor of the TV is powerful enough to handle these large files with no performance issues.  Pero kasama din ito sa wishlist ko for future updates kahit na long shot.  :)
HT: Kodi on HTPC -> Marantz 6008 -> B&W MT | V: Sony W904A tv, Epson 8350 pj | controlled by Harmony

Offline enterbay

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #307 on: Jan 07, 2010 at 02:15 AM »
Hi guys! Balak ko bumili nito pagbalik ko mula bakasyon, saan nyo ma recommend bumili ng mura? Thanks!

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #308 on: Jan 07, 2010 at 06:59 AM »
Hi guys! Balak ko bumili nito pagbalik ko mula bakasyon, saan nyo ma recommend bumili ng mura? Thanks!

Hindi presyo ang question ngayon.  New stocks are not in yet kasi.

Offline stryker1927

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #309 on: Jan 07, 2010 at 09:04 AM »
Hindi presyo ang question ngayon.  New stocks are not in yet kasi.

Yup, I don't think LG has started shipping out a new batch of Scarlets yet. But when I was asking around last month yung pinakamura na nakita was at Ansons in front of Podium, 26k.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #310 on: Jan 07, 2010 at 11:51 AM »
Mejo malabo atang firmware update lang e kaya na mag-play ng HD avi and mkv files, unless the processor of the TV is powerful enough to handle these large files with no performance issues.  Pero kasama din ito sa wishlist ko for future updates kahit na long shot.

My unit can play AVI files but can't play MKV. :)

Yup, I don't think LG has started shipping out a new batch of Scarlets yet. But when I was asking around last month yung pinakamura na nakita was at Ansons in front of Podium, 26k.

But they don't have stock you can reserve but no guarantee what is the ETA.
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2010 at 12:45 PM by xrampage »
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline aar0nix

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: Jan 07, 2010 at 12:12 PM »
Mejo malabo atang firmware update lang e kaya na mag-play ng HD avi and mkv files, unless the processor of the TV is powerful enough to handle these large files with no performance issues.  Pero kasama din ito sa wishlist ko for future updates kahit na long shot.  :)

the European Models can play HD .avi and .mkvs. I believe it has the same chip as ours. I have workshop manuals or lh70/lh70yr/lh7000 models but i still havent read them. :)

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #312 on: Jan 07, 2010 at 12:44 PM »
the European Models can play HD .avi and .mkvs. I believe it has the same chip as ours. I have workshop manuals or lh70/lh70yr/lh7000 models but i still havent read them.

I will just stick to my HTPC in playing HD and MKV movies since it can output 5.1 channel sound since the if you use USB to play movie of LH70 it can only output stereo sound so you can't enjoy your HD movies with 5.1 channel sound. :)
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2010 at 12:44 PM by xrampage »
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline vx2

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: Jan 07, 2010 at 01:28 PM »
It plays avis terribly IMO, poor processing i'm guessing. Also, you'd really want your TV unit getting hotter and being stressed trying to do mkv?

Offline Jaybats

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #314 on: Jan 07, 2010 at 07:13 PM »
I set the energy saving to maximum and i can still set the eye care to ON/OFF.

Sir what conflict are you talking on this one? The energy saving is on and the eye care settings is on? Base on what i understand on your statement both are ON.

Some of your info is confusing. Kindly double check again your test or just a typo error? :)

Ganito na lang para simple:

1. All my settings are default, except for Simplink which is ON, and Econo-mode setting which is set to Maximum. The only connection is the Philips DVP-3360K player. Normally, like in Cinema mode, if I turn off the dvd player ahead of the TV, the screen just shows a "no signal" sign and waits until I turn the TV off. If I turn the TV on with the player off, the TV shows the "no signal" sign and waits for the player to be turned on.

2. When I am in either Natural or Sport mode, and turn off the player before the TV, the screen flickers (the "no signal" sign never appears), then blanks out. There's a white circle around transparent power button but the TV becomes unresponsive to all Remote's inputs except the Power on/off. The same thing happens if i turn the TV on without the player being on first.

3. I turn the unit back on, switch to another mode before it flickers, and get to the Picture Menu. I go to the Natural Picture menu, go to the Advanced Controls settings, and turn Eye Care OFF. I also go to the Sport Picture menu, go to the Advanced Controls settings, and turn Eye Care OFF.

4. After that is done, when I turn the DVD player off before the TV, the screen no longer flickers, and this time whether I am in Natural or Sport Picture setting, the "No signal" sign blinks on and off just like normal. The TV is responsive to the Remote. The same thing happens when I turn the TV on without the player being on.

5. The Intelligent Sensor mode is a Picture option like Natural and Sport mode. If select it, and go to the Advanced Controls settings, the Eye Care option is greyed out so you can't change it in that particular mode.  The Eye Care option is also greyed out in all other Picture modes (I've never gotten the flickering problem with any of those modes).

So, when you talk/email Mr. Canoy, just tell him the problem apparently has something to do with the Eye Care control/setting. Forget about everything else, just give him that as a starting point, so that the LG techies can find out faster where the problem is.  Or, cut and paste this message and send it to him.

« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2010 at 07:23 PM by Jaybats »

Offline icarusf3ll

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #315 on: Jan 08, 2010 at 06:54 AM »
Ganito na lang para simple:

1. All my settings are default, except for Simplink which is ON, and Econo-mode setting which is set to Maximum. The only connection is the Philips DVP-3360K player. Normally, like in Cinema mode, if I turn off the dvd player ahead of the TV, the screen just shows a "no signal" sign and waits until I turn the TV off. If I turn the TV on with the player off, the TV shows the "no signal" sign and waits for the player to be turned on.

2. When I am in either Natural or Sport mode, and turn off the player before the TV, the screen flickers (the "no signal" sign never appears), then blanks out. There's a white circle around transparent power button but the TV becomes unresponsive to all Remote's inputs except the Power on/off. The same thing happens if i turn the TV on without the player being on first.

3. I turn the unit back on, switch to another mode before it flickers, and get to the Picture Menu. I go to the Natural Picture menu, go to the Advanced Controls settings, and turn Eye Care OFF. I also go to the Sport Picture menu, go to the Advanced Controls settings, and turn Eye Care OFF.

4. After that is done, when I turn the DVD player off before the TV, the screen no longer flickers, and this time whether I am in Natural or Sport Picture setting, the "No signal" sign blinks on and off just like normal. The TV is responsive to the Remote. The same thing happens when I turn the TV on without the player being on.

5. The Intelligent Sensor mode is a Picture option like Natural and Sport mode. If select it, and go to the Advanced Controls settings, the Eye Care option is greyed out so you can't change it in that particular mode.  The Eye Care option is also greyed out in all other Picture modes (I've never gotten the flickering problem with any of those modes).

So, when you talk/email Mr. Canoy, just tell him the problem apparently has something to do with the Eye Care control/setting. Forget about everything else, just give him that as a starting point, so that the LG techies can find out faster where the problem is.  Or, cut and paste this message and send it to him.

nice work in finding out the root cause. i'll forward this to mr. canoy. hopefully they would also include a fix for the expert mode issue which i find more annoying:]

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: Jan 08, 2010 at 08:05 AM »

Good job on your further testing. So it seemed that you have narrowed down to this specific condition.

Picture Modes "Natural" and "Sport" with Eye Care "ON" are causing the Input Blinking Issue.

Apparently, if the Picture Modes are other than the above with the Eye Care "ON", there is no issue. As I have already confirmed this previously to be true. While if the Picture Modes are as above, but the Eye Care is "OFF", there is no issue as well. This I have not confirmed yet. If there's a chance, I'll try.

On another note, since I am watching movies at night with the surrounding lights turned off. I prefer to use the Eye Care "ON" setting. As the large white portion of the video is much milder to the eyes. But if I set the Eye Care to "OFF", the large white portion of the video would really hurt my eyes (couldn't watch for long). This setting is too sharp for my eyes. Maybe this Eye Care "OFF" setting doesn't hurt as much when the room lights are on/daytime. Anybody experienced this? Do note that I have always set my Energy Savings to "OFF". As it conflicts with the remote of my WDTV HD Media Player.

Hope that LG could resolve this Input Blinking issue at the soonest time possible. I don't know why Mr. Canoy never had the chance to check out this forum/thread. As I have already given him this link the first time I emailed him last year. He confirmed that he have internet browsing access from his office.

Offline enterbay

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #317 on: Jan 08, 2010 at 09:26 PM »
>.<

I went to 8 different electronic stores today and found none of this model. Can anyone help me find one please. I am really desperate for this LCDTV. Thanks!

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #318 on: Jan 09, 2010 at 09:10 AM »
I hear stocks are due to come in next week.

Offline Arnel E.

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #319 on: Jan 10, 2010 at 02:44 AM »
>.<

I went to 8 different electronic stores today and found none of this model. Can anyone help me find one please. I am really desperate for this LCDTV. Thanks!

Check mo rin sa Gadgets in Style (Festival Mall and Shangrila branches) baka meron pang stocks.  Dun ako nakabili nung mid December, during that time wala na rin stocks sa mga appliance stores pero sila marami pa kasi may kakarating lang na batch nun sa kanila, yung October 2009 manufactured.

The price wasn't bad, too... 29K ko nabili with the wall-mount.
HT: Kodi on HTPC -> Marantz 6008 -> B&W MT | V: Sony W904A tv, Epson 8350 pj | controlled by Harmony

Offline zechs

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #320 on: Jan 11, 2010 at 10:12 PM »
Verbl Kint,
reliable source ba? hehe i'm waiting for stocks to arrive. grabe, ang laki ng difference ng trumotion eh..the one closest that i canvassed na may truemotion (or 120mhz refresh rate) is the new samsung 32B650 with motionplus but that retails at 40K++.

i want to know if the samsung is worth the 12K difference from the lg scarlet.

tagal kasi ng stocks ng scarlet. yung ps3 ko naka-standby lang kasi wala pang lcd tv.

Offline brainnysmurfs

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #321 on: Jan 11, 2010 at 11:06 PM »
saan ba ako makakabili ng BLUETOOTH headset ng LH70?

Offline Poorboy

• Collector
  • Gastos na Naman?
  • Liked:
« Reply #322 on: Jan 12, 2010 at 09:13 AM »
I got mine (LG 32LH70YR w/ free wall bracket and LG cellphone) from Robinson Novaliches, QC last Sunday (Jan. 10, 2010)  after 2 or 3 hours of watching DVD sa bahay na notice ko agad na may dead pixel. (Grrrrrr x1 !!!)..  :'( binalik ko kaagad kinabukasan) ang masakit pa, wala ng stock..(Grrrrr 2x.. ???)....

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #323 on: Jan 12, 2010 at 01:29 PM »
saan ba ako makakabili ng BLUETOOTH headset ng LH70?

You can try Audio Video Stores or Computer Shops. Philips have one starting at php4.6k++. This is usually available in AV stores. I am referring to a stereo bluetooth headset. I believe Genius also have a new model. You have to check this at computer shops (I saw one in SM Megamall). I believe Sony also have one also. You can check Sony stores. And I did saw a rare one, Creative brand. I believe this can be found thru the web. I believe PC Hub clearance sale have one. I believe CDR King have run out of bluetooth headset.

I am waiting for a cheaper/good quality versoin to come out.

Unless you would want to get the non-stereo version which is common for mobile phones. You can check these at cellphone shops.

Offline zechs

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #324 on: Jan 12, 2010 at 09:03 PM »
poorboy, sayang naman. I think you're maybe one of the last persons that got the LH70YR dito. I'm waiting for new stocks to arrive. already left my contact number to numerous appliance stores if their new stocks arrive.

Offline gharesco

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #325 on: Jan 13, 2010 at 05:12 AM »
I got mine (LG 32LH70YR w/ free wall bracket and LG cellphone) from Robinson Novaliches, QC last Sunday (Jan. 10, 2010)  after 2 or 3 hours of watching DVD sa bahay na notice ko agad na may dead pixel. (Grrrrrr x1 !!!)..  :'( binalik ko kaagad kinabukasan) ang masakit pa, wala ng stock..(Grrrrr 2x.. ???)....

Thanks sucks dude. Hinde mo ba na check sa store before purchasing it?

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #326 on: Jan 13, 2010 at 07:02 AM »

malas mo bro. Just enjoy it muna. Papalitan daw ba?:)
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Arnel E.

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #327 on: Jan 13, 2010 at 08:16 AM »
Buti naman these days kahit 1 dead pixel lang pwede nang palit.  Wasn't there a time a few years back when 1 or 2 dead pixels were considered "acceptable" and they refused to replace the unit?

Anyway, kahit ako papapalitan ko talaga basta may dead pixel.  Hope you get your new unit soon. :)

Offline Poorboy

• Collector
  • Gastos na Naman?
  • Liked:
« Reply #328 on: Jan 13, 2010 at 09:16 AM »
Ni-refund ko nalng sa sama ng loob ko ksi wla nang stock, tpos di pa sure kung kelan magkakaroon ng bagong stock... Grrrrr ???! 4x

Hindi ko naisip icheck yung screen ksi excited na akong iuwi he he he at kampante naman akot kilala yung store na binilhan ko ng unit. PERO ! ???

Ewan ko kung intentional yung pagbenta nila na may defect (Robinsons Novaliches) sa amin ksi ngayon ko lang napag isip isip.. 1st mali yung label na nakalagay na nkuha kong unit (pang 42 inches) eh 32 inches lang yun, 2nd wala yung bracket "Y" shape para sa stand sa box na binuksan, ang pinalit eh yung nsa display nila... so hindi ko pinansin yun ksi ewo-wall mount ko naman....

eto yung pict ng label...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46507899@N07/4270569880/
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2010 at 09:29 AM by Poorboy »

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #329 on: Jan 13, 2010 at 09:48 AM »
Ni-refund ko nalng sa sama ng loob ko ksi wla nang stock, tpos di pa sure kung kelan magkakaroon ng bagong stock... Grrrrr ???! 4x

Hindi ko naisip icheck yung screen ksi excited na akong iuwi he he he at kampante naman akot kilala yung store na binilhan ko ng unit. PERO ! ???

Ewan ko kung intentional yung pagbenta nila na may defect (Robinsons Novaliches) sa amin ksi ngayon ko lang napag isip isip.. 1st mali yung label na nakalagay na nkuha kong unit (pang 42 inches) eh 32 inches lang yun, 2nd wala yung bracket "Y" shape para sa stand sa box na binuksan, ang pinalit eh yung nsa display nila... so hindi ko pinansin yun ksi ewo-wall mount ko naman....

eto yung pict ng label...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46507899@N07/4270569880/

Ganyan din yung label ng LG Scarlet ko i think yung 42 is not intended that its the 42 inch. :)
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.