Author Topic: LG 32LH70YR Fan Boys!  (Read 205062 times)

Offline Poorboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Gastos na Naman?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LG 32LH70YR Fan Boys!
« Reply #330 on: Jan 13, 2010 at 10:21 AM »
Ganyan din yung label ng LG Scarlet ko i think yung 42 is not intended that its the 42 inch. :)

Bakit yung naka display dun sa rack nila eh "32 Inch"? ang mali ko lang eh di ko nakunan ng pict yung naka display nila dati at nung ipinalabas ko sa stock room yung dating naka display eh wala na yung sticker he he he... talaga naman  ;D

anyway.. till now nami-miss ko parin yung Scarlet na yun! dead na dead ako sa porma khit may dead pixel, ganda ksi..lalo na nung pipanood ko yung IronMan.. ah ahhhh! ganda :o,..then da! dannnnn napansin ko may dead pixel na..

tpos yun na nga nagalit na si Mrs. ??? ksi ang budget cash ko eh P27k lang at pinakaskas ko nalng yung plastic nya dun sa remaining balance na P5.9K (P31,990).. tpos bulilyaso may tama pala yung unit.... waaaaaa lungkot...  :(
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2010 at 10:36 AM by Poorboy »

Offline Jecko

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #331 on: Jan 13, 2010 at 11:59 AM »
ang tagal naman magkaroon ng stocks!!! cant wait..

any recommendation for another model?
what I like is:
Full HD
Divx USB built in
high contrast ratio
fast pixel response
with truemotion feature also

parang LH70 featureas din.

TY

Offline Jonji

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #332 on: Jan 13, 2010 at 12:21 PM »
Puro display unit na lang nakikita ko sa mga stores, robinson's, western, abenson/avent... may idea kyo kelan mgsale ulit tulad nung "black friday" sa robinson's?

Offline Jecko

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #333 on: Jan 13, 2010 at 02:26 PM »
Got an email from an LG sales rep, Feb pa daw darating stocks nila......ouch! tagal pa!!

Offline Arnel E.

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #334 on: Jan 13, 2010 at 09:39 PM »
About the label that says "42 inch"... it's NOT a wrong sticker.

LG uses the same sticker throughout the LH70 series, regardless of the size.  The "42-inch only" label means that the ultra-slim dimension (39.7mm thickness when viewed from the side) only applies to the 42-inch variant, and the others (32" and 47") are a little thicker than that.

I can attest to this because my 32" unit has this same sticker... as well as 3 other display units I've seen back in December when I was scouting for this model.  In the stores they sometimes have another badge that says 32" but I think that's for display units only.
HT: Kodi on HTPC -> Marantz 6008 -> B&W MT | V: Sony W904A tv, Epson 8350 pj | controlled by Harmony

Offline JoedUp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #335 on: Jan 14, 2010 at 12:00 AM »
Does scarlet have 1:1 Pixel mapping? can you connect it to a computer via HDMI without issues like overscanning or text becomes to small to read? please advice.. thanks.

Offline jcads

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #336 on: Jan 14, 2010 at 12:44 AM »
Are there any updates regarding on their plan to make a resolution Firmware update regarding the minor gltich? I was trying to call their Customer service hot line but no one is answering the phone.

Thank You

Offline Arnel E.

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #337 on: Jan 14, 2010 at 08:32 AM »
Does scarlet have 1:1 Pixel mapping? can you connect it to a computer via HDMI without issues like overscanning or text becomes to small to read? please advice.. thanks.

I tried connecting a computer and YES it has 1:1 mapping.  If connecting via HDMI, you may need to make sure that the Aspect Ratio setting is set to "Just Scan".  If you use VGA, this 1:1 mapping is automatically set, as long as your video card supports the 1920x1080 resolution.

Actually when I connected it to my comp (Macbook), I found the picture quality amazing -- text is crisp, images have brilliant colors.  Medyo mas mabagal nga lang mag-respond yung Intelligent Sensor nya compared sa light sensor ng Macbook, pero that doesn't make it's PQ any worse.
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2010 at 08:35 AM by Arnel Enero »
HT: Kodi on HTPC -> Marantz 6008 -> B&W MT | V: Sony W904A tv, Epson 8350 pj | controlled by Harmony

Offline JoedUp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #338 on: Jan 14, 2010 at 10:24 AM »
I tried connecting a computer and YES it has 1:1 mapping.  If connecting via HDMI, you may need to make sure that the Aspect Ratio setting is set to "Just Scan".  If you use VGA, this 1:1 mapping is automatically set, as long as your video card supports the 1920x1080 resolution.

Actually when I connected it to my comp (Macbook), I found the picture quality amazing -- text is crisp, images have brilliant colors.  Medyo mas mabagal nga lang mag-respond yung Intelligent Sensor nya compared sa light sensor ng Macbook, pero that doesn't make it's PQ any worse.

so the 1:1 pixel mapping only applies when you connect it via vga? gusto ko kasi yung 1:1 pixel mapping feature applies pag via HDMI kabit. my video card kasi has an hdmi output. thanks.

Offline Arnel E.

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #339 on: Jan 15, 2010 at 09:35 AM »
so the 1:1 pixel mapping only applies when you connect it via vga? gusto ko kasi yung 1:1 pixel mapping feature applies pag via HDMI kabit. my video card kasi has an hdmi output. thanks.

No, it applies to HDMI connection, too... I just meant that you might need to set the Aspect Ratio setting on the TV to "Just Scan", unlike with the VGA connection where you don't need to do anything at all.

Offline boddah

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #340 on: Jan 17, 2010 at 10:36 AM »
on the contrary. I use an ATI HD4770 with my LH70 thru HDMI, the 1st time I used 1080p, I had these 4 nasty black bars on all sides of the screen, so I had to use Overscan on Catalyst control center. This is on the latest Catalyst drivers BTW, and this might just be on ATI cards (or worse just in my case hehe). Text is readable, but laptop/stand alone LCD's definitely look better. Tried tweaking with clear type, definitely is much better now. Text in LH70 is OK but, IMO text on standalone LCD's look better.

on movies/HD/gaming though is an altogether different story  8)
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2010 at 10:37 AM by boddah »

Offline JoedUp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #341 on: Jan 17, 2010 at 02:01 PM »
on the contrary. I use an ATI HD4770 with my LH70 thru HDMI, the 1st time I used 1080p, I had these 4 nasty black bars on all sides of the screen, so I had to use Overscan on Catalyst control center. This is on the latest Catalyst drivers BTW, and this might just be on ATI cards (or worse just in my case hehe). Text is readable, but laptop/stand alone LCD's definitely look better. Tried tweaking with clear type, definitely is much better now. Text in LH70 is OK but, IMO text on standalone LCD's look better.

yeah i knew hdmi connectivity wouldnt be plug and play with LG LH series because it wasnt mentioned in the manual unlike toshiba and samsung models which explicitly state in their manuals that you can connect the pc via hdmi. and both samsung and toshiba have PC mode. I might wait for a few months for both panasonic and LG to catch up on PC connectivity before purchasing.

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #342 on: Jan 17, 2010 at 08:33 PM »

I'm using an ATI VC and i does not do 1:1 pixel i have to go to CC center to have it full screen.

yeah i knew hdmi connectivity wouldnt be plug and play with LG LH series because it wasnt mentioned in the manual unlike toshiba and samsung models which explicitly state in their manuals that you can connect the pc via hdmi. and both samsung and toshiba have PC mode. I might wait for a few months for both panasonic and LG to catch up on PC connectivity before purchasing.

Yah it is not mention in the manual of LG but as long that you have HDMI/DVI in your PC you can connect to the LCDTV HDMI. Even other brand of LCDTV.  ;D ;D :o :o
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2010 at 08:40 PM by xrampage »
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline JoedUp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #343 on: Jan 17, 2010 at 11:39 PM »
I'm using an ATI VC and i does not do 1:1 pixel i have to go to CC center to have it full screen.

Yah it is not mention in the manual of LG but as long that you have HDMI/DVI in your PC you can connect to the LCDTV HDMI. Even other brand of LCDTV.  ;D ;D :o :o

Yes you are correct in saying that as long as both the PC and HDTV have hdmi connectors you can connect them. however, PQ and the text will not be as readable and good as those models which explicitly state in their manuals that you can connect it thru HDMI.

Offline Arnel E.

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #344 on: Jan 18, 2010 at 12:33 AM »
Yes you are correct in saying that as long as both the PC and HDTV have hdmi connectors you can connect them. however, PQ and the text will not be as readable and good as those models which explicitly state in their manuals that you can connect it thru HDMI.

I would think that the problem is, at least in part, with the video card, for the simple reason that all other 1080p players (NMT, BluRay, etc) work just fine at 1:1 pixel mapping with the LG (just ensure that Aspect Ratio setting is set to "Just Scan").

Also, just curious, what resolution setting is available in the ATI Control Panel?  Exactly 1920 x 1080 ?  I still can't see why it would be any less compatible than a typical NMT or BluRay player.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #345 on: Jan 18, 2010 at 10:59 AM »
I would think that the problem is, at least in part, with the video card, for the simple reason that all other 1080p players (NMT, BluRay, etc) work just fine at 1:1 pixel mapping with the LG (just ensure that Aspect Ratio setting is set to "Just Scan").

Also, just curious, what resolution setting is available in the ATI Control Panel?  Exactly 1920 x 1080 ?  I still can't see why it would be any less compatible than a typical NMT or BluRay player.

Here is the settings of my LCDTV in ATI CC. BUt not only us LG owners encounter the said issue. Owner of other brands also encounter this issue. Is there a issue in pixel mapping 1:1 in some HDMI cable since im using a CDRKing HDMI Cable to connect to my HTPC.

Yes it' true that's why the text of our unit is not that as sharp/clear as other brand with the pc features but as long as i can use with TV/Movie viewing im a satisfied user of LG Scarlet. Cons of using the LG Scarlet as a PC Monitor is higher electric bill. :)
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2010 at 11:00 AM by xrampage »
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline JoedUp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #346 on: Jan 18, 2010 at 11:53 PM »
Here is the settings of my LCDTV in ATI CC. BUt not only us LG owners encounter the said issue. Owner of other brands also encounter this issue. Is there a issue in pixel mapping 1:1 in some HDMI cable since im using a CDRKing HDMI Cable to connect to my HTPC.

Yes it' true that's why the text of our unit is not that as sharp/clear as other brand with the pc features but as long as i can use with TV/Movie viewing im a satisfied user of LG Scarlet. Cons of using the LG Scarlet as a PC Monitor is higher electric bill. :)

Wala sa cable yan sir. Sa HDTV talaga. Some brands and models do the 1:1 pixel mapping sa VGA/RGB connection like LG/Panny etc. Kahit na full HD na yang scarlet, di parin nag 1:1 pixel mapping via HDMI pag thru. However, in samsung and Toshiba, designed talaga yung 1:1 pixel mapping ng PC connection via HDMI. Because if you read the manual of toshiba, it says na if you connect via VGA, certain blur can occur daw and text might be smaller. However when you connect via HDMi, walang disclaimer. As regards higher consumption of electricity, ganun talaga. You always have to pay more for better performance and enjoyability! hehe Thanks sa info sir.

Also, computer signals are different from DVD or other input signals kaya bottom line is, if you want no compatibility issues in connecting your PC to your HDTV via HDMI, read the manual and it should explicitly state that you can connect via HDMI with no disclaimers. Because asking the sales agents alone in my experience is futile. DI nila alam yun. sasabihin lang nila pwede kahit hindi. Peace
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2010 at 11:58 PM by JoedUp »

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #347 on: Jan 19, 2010 at 12:48 AM »
Wala sa cable yan sir. Sa HDTV talaga. Some brands and models do the 1:1 pixel mapping sa VGA/RGB connection like LG/Panny etc. Kahit na full HD na yang scarlet, di parin nag 1:1 pixel mapping via HDMI pag thru. However, in samsung and Toshiba, designed talaga yung 1:1 pixel mapping ng PC connection via HDMI. Because if you read the manual of toshiba, it says na if you connect via VGA, certain blur can occur daw and text might be smaller. However when you connect via HDMi, walang disclaimer. As regards higher consumption of electricity, ganun talaga. You always have to pay more for better performance and enjoyability! hehe Thanks sa info sir.

Also, computer signals are different from DVD or other input signals kaya bottom line is, if you want no compatibility issues in connecting your PC to your HDTV via HDMI, read the manual and it should explicitly state that you can connect via HDMI with no disclaimers. Because asking the sales agents alone in my experience is futile. DI nila alam yun. sasabihin lang nila pwede kahit hindi. Peace

IIRC there are some user also that encounter this with samsung, sony brands with ATI and nvidia video card.  ;D ;D  :o :o
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2010 at 12:55 AM by xrampage »
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline JoedUp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #348 on: Jan 19, 2010 at 01:59 AM »
IIRC there are some user also that encounter this with samsung, sony brands with ATI and nvidia video card.  ;D ;D  :o :o

What exact samsung model? baka older ones pa. Sa sony i have no idea sa HDMI connectivity. The new samsung models kasi explicit na HDMI connectivity compliant and without disclaimers. Iba kasi kahit pwede kabit, explicit din sa manual that "text might appear smaller." Sa toshiba, the one im using, no problems with hdmi connectivity. BOth samsung and toshiba have PC mode.

Offline Arnel E.

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #349 on: Jan 19, 2010 at 08:33 AM »
Matanong ko lang... hindi ba maganda yung VGA (analog) output nung ATI na cards?  I occasionally connect my Mac (NVidia yung video nya) to the LG Scarlet via VGA at 1920x1080/60Hz and I don't see any blurred text or any other PQ issues, in fact the text is so crisp and the colors pop brilliantly.  I tried connecting  by HDMI (through a chain of cables: miniDisplayPort -> DVI, then DVI -> HDMI, then HDMI cable to Scarlet), and I didn't see much difference (was so surprised).

So in some cases, probably depending on your video card's VGA output quality, connecting to the LG Scarlet via VGA is a viable option, if you wanna use the TV as your PC monitor.  The catch is, as an HTPC monitor, it seems to me that it disables TruMotion 120Hz and Real Cinema 24p and all those video processing.  But this is also true for the "PC Mode" of the other LCDs, right?

Offline JoedUp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #350 on: Jan 19, 2010 at 10:20 AM »
Matanong ko lang... hindi ba maganda yung VGA (analog) output nung ATI na cards?  I occasionally connect my Mac (NVidia yung video nya) to the LG Scarlet via VGA at 1920x1080/60Hz and I don't see any blurred text or any other PQ issues, in fact the text is so crisp and the colors pop brilliantly.  I tried connecting  by HDMI (through a chain of cables: miniDisplayPort -> DVI, then DVI -> HDMI, then HDMI cable to Scarlet), and I didn't see much difference (was so surprised).

So in some cases, probably depending on your video card's VGA output quality, connecting to the LG Scarlet via VGA is a viable option, if you wanna use the TV as your PC monitor.  The catch is, as an HTPC monitor, it seems to me that it disables TruMotion 120Hz and Real Cinema 24p and all those video processing.  But this is also true for the "PC Mode" of the other LCDs, right?

THe reason why you didnt notice any difference between VGA and HDMI in the scarlet because the optimal settings in your TV was designed in your VGA output. THe 1:1 Pixel mapping was placed via VGA. Your TV wasnt designed to be connected via HDMI. Also, most 32 LCD TVs are only 60hz. And if you read the manual of toshiba or samsung, it doesnt say that real Cinema 24p will be disabled if connected via PC mode. Not to mention walang sound pag connected via VGA. Most HDTV manufacturers now a days know that more and more people use LCD tvs as computer monitors due to the affordability of video cards with HDMI outputs. That is why i really appreciate Toshiba and Samsung's move to address this. But i'm sure within this year, all the other manufacturers will design their HDTV to be connected to an HTPC via HDMI.
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2010 at 10:24 AM by JoedUp »

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #351 on: Jan 19, 2010 at 10:54 AM »
What exact samsung model? baka older ones pa. Sa sony i have no idea sa HDMI connectivity. The new samsung models kasi explicit na HDMI connectivity compliant and without disclaimers. Iba kasi kahit pwede kabit, explicit din sa manual that "text might appear smaller." Sa toshiba, the one im using, no problems with hdmi connectivity. BOth samsung and toshiba have PC mode.

what video card are you using?
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline JoedUp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #352 on: Jan 19, 2010 at 05:39 PM »
what video card are you using?

Sapphire ATI HD 4350. Entry level lang yan sa 4000 series. More on HTPC use kasi ako then gaming.

Offline morning

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #353 on: Jan 19, 2010 at 05:43 PM »

mapa WOW ka talaga sa LH70 hehehehe  :)

Uy parang setup ko yung nasa screenies mo ha....he he he

Offline dmag10

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #354 on: Jan 19, 2010 at 05:45 PM »
ask ko po how much po cheapest brand new price nitong LG 32LH70YR ? and san po makakabili? kasi i really want to buy this model..

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #355 on: Jan 19, 2010 at 07:42 PM »
ask ko po how much po cheapest brand new price nitong LG 32LH70YR ? and san po makakabili? kasi i really want to buy this model..

As of the moment out of stock po yata lahat sa most appliance store. Suwerte ka pag nakakita ka ng may stock since ang dami nag hahanap. Price 29999 cash/ straight card or 39999 12 months IIRC. :)
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2010 at 07:43 PM by xrampage »
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Arnel E.

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #356 on: Jan 20, 2010 at 11:11 AM »
I don't know how true, but when I talked to an LG rep (nung nag-exhibit sila sa Festival Mall back in December), yung 30K na cash price nila won't get any lower any time soon.  Unlike with Samsung and others which are expected to drop prices this first quarter of 2010.  Sabi nya, kakababa lang daw kasi nung Scarlet nung December by a huge drop from 39K (and to think na originally 49K ata ito early 2009, tama po ba?) so they're not optimistic of another price drop in the next few months.

Anyway, this gives enough time for Samsung and the others to catch up in price drops (yung Panasonic ata nagbabaan na rin last December?).  In demand sobra tuloy ang Scarlet, kasi yung equivalent model ng Samsung (pinakamabenta pa rin atang brand ito?) ang layo pa rin ng price.  Pinagpilian ko rin yung Series 5 na yun at yung Scarlet, then it didn't take me long to decide on the Scarlet due to its great value for money.

For Sony, I don't expect any significant price drop from them kahit kelan.  LOL.

Offline morning

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #357 on: Jan 21, 2010 at 04:57 PM »
For PC connection, hindi ba talaga allowed ang 120Hz refresh rate?  If ever saang mode mo lang pwede magamit ang 120Hz?

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #358 on: Jan 21, 2010 at 07:47 PM »
I don't know how true, but when I talked to an LG rep (nung nag-exhibit sila sa Festival Mall back in December), yung 30K na cash price nila won't get any lower any time soon.  Unlike with Samsung and others which are expected to drop prices this first quarter of 2010.  Sabi nya, kakababa lang daw kasi nung Scarlet nung December by a huge drop from 39K (and to think na originally 49K ata ito early 2009, tama po ba?) so they're not optimistic of another price drop in the next few months.

Anyway, this gives enough time for Samsung and the others to catch up in price drops (yung Panasonic ata nagbabaan na rin last December?).  In demand sobra tuloy ang Scarlet, kasi yung equivalent model ng Samsung (pinakamabenta pa rin atang brand ito?) ang layo pa rin ng price.  Pinagpilian ko rin yung Series 5 na yun at yung Scarlet, then it didn't take me long to decide on the Scarlet due to its great value for money.

For Sony, I don't expect any significant price drop from them kahit kelan.  LOL.

Wala naman panalo yung series 5 ng samsung sa Scarlet and i terms of price drop with samsung series 6 baka ipantay lang sa scarlet ganun din ok lang na di mag price drop ang LG for this unit.  Last time na check ko series 6 ng samsung nasa 36k or 38k then nawala na din sa PH website nila ung 32 na series 6.  ;D :o :o

For PC connection, hindi ba talaga allowed ang 120Hz refresh rate?  If ever saang mode mo lang pwede magamit ang 120Hz?

IIRC sa vga lang na di puwede i on ang 120hz other mode has 120hz.  ;D ;D :o :o
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline jarod

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #359 on: Jan 22, 2010 at 10:10 AM »
...yung 30K na cash price nila won't get any lower any time soon...

For me it's as clear as the daylight. If they see most are looking for their product there is no reason for them to lower the price.