Author Topic: LG 32LH70YR Fan Boys!  (Read 205077 times)

Offline Lawin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Trust in the Lord . . .
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LG 32LH70YR Fan Boys!
« Reply #450 on: Mar 17, 2010 at 12:30 PM »
Hi to all LG Scarlet Owners with the Flickering problem....

I talked to Joel Canoy and he said that it's not a firmware issue but rather a "misuse" of the input .... etc..., he said he also talked to somebody here in pinoy dvd and requested to post the solution. Going thru the thread, what I saw are "workaround" and not exactly a fix. I've requested for a better explanation thru email...

Those experiencing the problem, appreciate if you can update as well.. thanks.

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #451 on: Mar 17, 2010 at 07:34 PM »
If that is Joel Canoy's or LG's answer to the issue at hand, then I am really disappointed at how they are planning to respond to it.

Better yet, ask him to describe/document the "misuse" that he is referring to. If he does really understand the misuse that he is talking about. As the current setting that works best for me is the setting that produces the issue in question. How can this be a misuse in this case? I still believe that it is still a problem in their programming (firmware) that leads to the said issue. If they cannot correct the firmware execution sequence, then they are really dxxxb.

By the way, is it the "EyeCare = ON" and "Picture Mode = Natural or Sport" that causes the flickering? As other settings worked just fine.
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2010 at 10:57 AM by Ppoooh »

Offline s2000

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #452 on: Mar 17, 2010 at 07:48 PM »
FYI... saw in S&R today 32 scarlet going for 27989 free wall bracket at 50% off daw on any home theatre...

also saw a 42inch scarlet... pardon my poor memory but parang 66989 naging 63989 with free hometheatre na HT554... mura na ba ito? 

sales is till this sunday at all S&R...

Offline natzki

• Apprentice
  • I'm a VIDEOGAMER
  • Liked:
« Reply #453 on: Mar 18, 2010 at 04:20 AM »
kung yan yun 42LH70YR, mura na yan, lalo na free yung HT554  ;D

Offline makubexXx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • tumatawid sa ibabaw ng miswa
  • Liked:
« Reply #454 on: Mar 18, 2010 at 04:39 AM »
murang mura nga yung 42lh70... free yung ht :D
-pdvd noobie-

Offline CDash

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #455 on: Mar 18, 2010 at 07:57 AM »
Hello, ano po yung S&R?

Offline Galactus

• Collector
  • Sturmbanfuhrer, Waffen SS
  • Liked:
« Reply #456 on: Mar 18, 2010 at 08:19 AM »
S&R is a warehouse-type superstore, similar to Makro.  AFAIK, it used to be known as PriceSmart.
Ein Staat, Ein Reich, Ein Volk, Ein Fuhrer!

LG 65" UH7700
Yamaha RXV-677
Denon Sys 5.1
PS3/ Shield

Offline yesyes

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #457 on: Mar 18, 2010 at 12:42 PM »
do u still need a membership pra mkapasok s S&R?

Offline s2000

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #458 on: Mar 19, 2010 at 07:45 PM »
sorry guys... my poor memory prevailed as I went back today to S&R to buy more stuff and double checked the 42LH70YR pricing and found it is 69989 down to 66989... not 63989...  pero free nga yung ht554...

price of 32LH70YR is still 27989... free wall bracket only... 50% off on any HT

Offline znj

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #459 on: Mar 20, 2010 at 02:57 AM »
where is S&R located?

Offline doc chikito

• Apprentice
  • Chandler BING!
  • Liked:
« Reply #460 on: Mar 20, 2010 at 08:16 AM »
got a new 32LH70YR at S&R yesterday... stocks are depleting very fast.  I inquired about the HT at 50% promo and was told by two reps handling LG there that the promo is specific for HT554 only and not any HT.  Just double check na lang po.  I may be wrong about this.  And yeah the 42 incher is really tempting kaso our room is quite small for that.

@emz8 yes you still need somebody with membership to be able to purchase at S&R.  meaning kahit friend mo lang member you can buy naman, just tag your friend along.

@znj there are S&R branches at The Fort, at Alabang, at Muñoz, and at Macapagal Blvd.

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 264
« Reply #461 on: Mar 20, 2010 at 08:50 AM »
got a new 32LH70YR at S&R yesterday... stocks are depleting very fast. 

I wonder how many of the buyers are from pdvd...  ;D

I inquired about the HT at 50% promo and was told by two reps handling LG there that the promo is specific for HT554 only and not any HT.  Just double check na lang po.  I may be wrong about this.  And yeah the 42 incher is really tempting kaso our room is quite small for that.

We used an HT554 for the Pacquiao-Clottey fight.  Great sound and great bass for its price. :)

Offline dmag10

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #462 on: Mar 20, 2010 at 09:05 AM »
this is my case on this unit i bought last january 23 here in bhf tarlac...so far there are already two defects on my unit...a technician of lg went here a month ago but still till now no followup from them.

and also i have contacted back customer care for atleast already thrice but still they always tell me that no report from the technician yet, but the technician told me that he has already ordered new panel for my unit. nawawalan nako pasensya sa lg kasi talagang nakakasakit ng ulo buti sana kung pulot lang pera eh. ang vertical line na yan eh kagabi lang nagpakita .

Offline dmag10

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #463 on: Mar 20, 2010 at 09:07 AM »
i hope in any way this thread has a LG representative to address my concern and help me replace or anything. Because honestly im a LG avid customer until this.

Offline doc chikito

• Apprentice
  • Chandler BING!
  • Liked:
« Reply #464 on: Mar 20, 2010 at 10:22 AM »
We used an HT554 for the Pacquiao-Clottey fight.  Great sound and great bass for its price. :)

Wait, so you can use the HT to act as speakers for cable tv viewing?

Offline Galactus

• Collector
  • Sturmbanfuhrer, Waffen SS
  • Liked:
« Reply #465 on: Mar 20, 2010 at 04:26 PM »
^^^ Yup.  Just get a a pair of RCA cables (red and white), connect one end to the TV's AV out and the other end to your HTIB's AV In.  And usually, set the HTIB to AUX, and you can use the HTIB's speakers as the main sound output for TV viewing.
Ein Staat, Ein Reich, Ein Volk, Ein Fuhrer!

LG 65" UH7700
Yamaha RXV-677
Denon Sys 5.1
PS3/ Shield

Offline s2000

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #466 on: Mar 20, 2010 at 07:17 PM »
last day of sale in S&R is tomorrow... wondering if it is still worth it to get the 32LH70YR even with reported problems with some units (which as far as I've read in some post, LG has failed to properly address).

Also, according to e-reply, LG is discontinuing the 32LH70YR... would this even pose as a bigger problem down the road if something goes wrong with the unit?  things like "wala ng piyesa kasi di na modelo yan..." may happen?!?!   

Offline yesyes

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #467 on: Mar 20, 2010 at 08:38 PM »
Does S&R accept deferred payments s 32LH70? nagtanung kc aq s SM appliance Harrison just now sbi may padating daw n stocks b4 mag end ang month kaya d nmn cgro iddiscontinue and 32lh70. tnx

Offline natzki

• Apprentice
  • I'm a VIDEOGAMER
  • Liked:
« Reply #468 on: Mar 21, 2010 at 03:53 AM »
@dmag10 - I agree with you bro, kailangan palitan yan ng LG. By the way , ano ang manufacturing date ng lg 32lh70yr mo?

Offline insomniac

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #469 on: Mar 22, 2010 at 10:19 AM »

Also, according to e-reply, LG is discontinuing the 32LH70YR... would this even pose as a bigger problem down the road if something goes wrong with the unit?  things like "wala ng piyesa kasi di na modelo yan..." may happen?!?!   

I think this will not happen naman kasi di ba may mga units pa which their manufacturing date was January or February 2010, then LG's support is 1 year warranty on parts and services. So if ever they stop manufacturing this model, they still have to have replacement parts up to the latest manufactured units within the span of 1 year.

Offline jcads

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #470 on: Mar 22, 2010 at 06:48 PM »
I went to Abenson a while ago and visit their new items on display. I salesperson told me that LG is already facing out the LH70 series, sad to hear right? Oh well I guess as far as parts replacement is concerned it's not a big problem, because I guess some parts like for example LCD Panel for LH70 are also being used for other models making it available for replacement and repair purposes. The only thing I can see that will not be available for replacement of parts is the body/casing itself (HAHAHA!)

Offline daemonation

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #471 on: Mar 22, 2010 at 09:36 PM »
Hello Guys. I have been a few weeks lurker in this thread. I received my love 32lh70yr-ta few weeks ago. My question is about the firmware. When I checked the firmware, this is what it showed: BOOT: 01.01, APPR: 04.14. So which version is my firmware? the one with BOOT or APPR? Sorry for asking such a noob question. ???

Offline boddah

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #472 on: Mar 23, 2010 at 07:07 PM »
Hi folks,

do we have any list of significant improvements on the newer firmware? AFAIK you can brick your TV if you screw the update up right? BTW just tinkered with my settings on Expert2, the typhoon859 setting is getting boring hahaha... so far so good, based it on the CNET calibration settings (by David Katzmaier). a little on the warm side. The typhoon setting is on the cool/very bright side. Images dont pop out like the typhoon setting though but its working for me. ill post the settings if anyones interested.

Offline zevenpac

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #473 on: Mar 23, 2010 at 09:49 PM »
Can you please post the settings. Thanks.  ;D

Hi folks,

do we have any list of significant improvements on the newer firmware? AFAIK you can brick your TV if you screw the update up right? BTW just tinkered with my settings on Expert2, the typhoon859 setting is getting boring hahaha... so far so good, based it on the CNET calibration settings (by David Katzmaier). a little on the warm side. The typhoon setting is on the cool/very bright side. Images dont pop out like the typhoon setting though but its working for me. ill post the settings if anyones interested.

Offline boddah

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #474 on: Mar 24, 2010 at 01:06 AM »
As requested:

Expert2/Expert1
Backlight   80
Contrast   80
Brightness   60
H Sharpness   50
V Sharpness    50
Color   70
Tint   R3
Expert Controls:
Dynamic Contrast   Low
Noise Reduction    High
Gamma   Medium
Black Level   Low
Real Cinema   On
TruMotion   Low
Color Gamut   Wide
Edge Enhancer   Low
White Balance    Cool
Here are the color details, di ko na lagyan ng label sundan nyo na lang. Pareho lang naman arrangement ng values sa TV natin:
OPC    On

tweak nyo na lang according to your tastes. cheers 8)

Offline bleargh

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #475 on: Mar 24, 2010 at 09:33 AM »
Meron na ulit nito sa SM Appliance store, dun sa The Block

Offline janineparial

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #476 on: Mar 24, 2010 at 11:39 AM »
hi newbie here. I just got my 32" scarlet last saturday, during S&R sale, for P27990 with free wall bracket. (straight payment through credit card)

Manufacturing date is Feb 2010. I haven't tried to simulate yet the flickering issue other owners shared here but I will when I have the time. As of now, i'm still looking for the calibration settings to use for my new toy. :D

Offline xshy0n3

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #477 on: Mar 26, 2010 at 11:39 PM »
I've been checking out this tv for months. are their still problems with the tv? i saw one at sm appliance store MoA for 30k cash, but browsing through this thread i see better deals  ;D

Offline archaznable

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #478 on: Mar 27, 2010 at 04:27 AM »
I've been checking out this tv for months. are their still problems with the tv? i saw one at sm appliance store MoA for 30k cash, but browsing through this thread i see better deals  ;D

hehehe what are you waiting buy now  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #479 on: Mar 27, 2010 at 11:06 AM »
If that is Joel Canoy's or LG's answer to the issue at hand, then I am really disappointed at how they are planning to respond to it...............................

Just got a call from Mr. Joel Canoy this morning. LG already had a new firmware that is suppose to correct the previous flickering issue. Although the schedule for the firmware upgrade today was postponed to early next week. As I have requested them to bring a small capacity UPS (I believe 300VA to 500VA will do) when doing firmware upgrade so as not to have the possibility of bricking my TV. You do understand that we still have power shortages/power fluctuations at this time. Let me know if any of you guys have their TV's firmware upgraded by LG.