Author Topic: Klipsch Speaker Owners Speak-out  (Read 159845 times)

Offline redkoji

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Klipsch Speaker Owners Speak-out
« Reply #90 on: Sep 15, 2003 at 10:54 AM »
Thanks for those who went to our sale last August 30....next year na uli

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Sep 15, 2003 at 01:24 PM »
Those who music very much but can't have a decent sound equipment at their office...try our Klipsch ProMedia 2.1. It will put a shame to those high price micro's.

Available in 6 months 0% interest

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Sep 22, 2003 at 02:12 PM »
Bakit sa dami ng bumili sa min ng Klipsch...unti lang review makita ko.....are those not pinoydvd members.

Anyway, keep those feedback coming in...

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Sep 23, 2003 at 02:30 PM »
Hey we have initiated a promo for Quintet.....

This is called "Sound Interiors"....so those who are designers and architect who  wants the speaker to match their design or color we can give the customization for FREE....

Just contact us directly for this services....893-8011

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Sep 24, 2003 at 12:14 PM »

Offline weneklek

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Sep 25, 2003 at 08:01 AM »
redkoji,

re: klipsch promedia 5.1 and klipsch DD 5.1...citibank lang ba ina accept nyo? pwede bpi ?with zero interest also?

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Sep 26, 2003 at 01:56 PM »
Under Citbank you can avail of PM5.1 with DD5.1 in 0% interest for one year. While sa BPI is just for 6 months...

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Oct 02, 2003 at 12:09 PM »
A review of RF-5 in audiorevolution magazine

http://www.audiorevolution.com/equip/index.html

Offline audi0slave

• DVD Addict
  • enjoy the music
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Oct 08, 2003 at 10:45 AM »
redkoji, where can I get SC-1? how much? is it available on installment at 0% interest? i live within QC area and going to Makati is quite a hassle bro...

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Nov 04, 2003 at 02:48 PM »
redkoji, where can I get SC-1? how much? is it available on installment at 0% interest? i live within QC area and going to Makati is quite a hassle bro...

We already sold-out the SC-1...sorry dude...next to be launch is already the Reference series

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Nov 11, 2003 at 11:04 AM »
RF-7, RC-7 and RB-3 power will be demonstrated at Parksquare this coming November 16-30 at the exhibit of Spectra.....Hope you could visit this exhibit and listen why KLIPSCH is still the legend in sound.

Offline chiek27

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Nov 14, 2003 at 07:50 AM »
Do you guys know where I can buy Klipsch RF5? Thanks

Offline joe3rp

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Nov 15, 2003 at 09:20 AM »
To prospective KLIPSCH buyer/owner...

In order to fully appreciate the beauty, finess and strength of the klipsch speakers...IMHO  ;)you need to audition it with tube-based systems.

If you go to the standard dealers, like AAVID they are used with almost low end solid state receivers...OUCH!!!!! masakit makinig...very revealing.  That is why these speakers get a bad rap...horns sound honky, forward...etc!..I don't think so!  It is the supporting gear that you hear.

But to listen to a KLIPSCH with good tube amps (even Php 10-15k vintage tube gear) will result in total different litening experience.

In Wiredstate one of the GURUS - Prof. TOOBS has a old mid-level klipsch driven by a 3/4 watts  (LESS THAN 1 WATT) DIY amp (which cost a GRAND TOTAL of Php 11,000...mahal.....na mahal niya ang amp)...all I can say is...you have to hear his system ...and you will believe it!

Even the generic KLIPSCH...DTX yata...in Master HYPERTRIODE's  place sound really good...again with the correct tube gear.

A DAVID WILSON - WATT PUPPY (20,000 usd) speaker system driven by the same ss receiver you will hear with what is normally connected to the KLIPSCH demo...I am almost sure will sound ...like the amp....

Another thing I learned about these speaker is that they are very versatile.  I have had  high end minimonitor...perfect for voice, chamber music and orchestra...but put a Phill Collins live concert...kulang!...but with klipsch...may laban.

Enjoy the audition...that is one of the best part of this hobby.  Remember you are the customer, they need you more, you do not need them.

Offline Audioboy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • "That's a matter of opinion, decide yourself"
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Nov 15, 2003 at 11:31 AM »

In order to fully appreciate the beauty, finess and strength of the klipsch speakers...IMHO  ;)you need to audition it with tube-based systems.

If you go to the standard dealers, like AAVID they are used with almost low end solid state receivers...OUCH!!!!! masakit makinig...very revealing.  That is why these speakers get a bad rap...horns sound honky, forward...etc!..I don't think so!  It is the supporting gear that you hear.

But to listen to a KLIPSCH with good tube amps (even Php 10-15k vintage tube gear) will result in total different litening experience.

In Wiredstate one of the GURUS - Prof. TOOBS has a old mid-level klipsch driven by a 3/4 watts  (LESS THAN 1 WATT) DIY amp (which cost a GRAND TOTAL of Php 11,000...mahal.....na mahal niya ang amp)...all I can say is...you have to hear his system ...and you will believe it!

Even the generic KLIPSCH...DTX yata...in Master HYPERTRIODE's  place sound really good...again with the correct tube gear.

A DAVID WILSON - WATT PUPPY (20,000 usd) speaker system driven by the same ss receiver you will hear with what is normally connected to the KLIPSCH demo...I am almost sure will sound ...like the amp....

Another thing I learned about these speaker is that they are very versatile.  I have had  high end minimonitor...perfect for voice, chamber music and orchestra...but put a Phill Collins live concert...kulang!...but with klipsch...may laban.

Enjoy the audition...that is one of the best part of this hobby.  Remember you are the customer, they need you more, you do not need them.

a very useful tip bro!

i wonder how Prof. Toobs came up with a 3/4 wpc tube amp that is worth Php 11k. is that 45 amp?

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Nov 19, 2003 at 11:36 AM »

Thanks for your comment, however we would like to clarify the issue.

It is long belief that Klipsch speakers are good for tube amp only...however this is not the case in today's current situation.

Klipsch speaker's are good in both tube or solid state amp....so its a matters of listener's ear to do the choice.
Klipsch is an old brand dating back from 1945....and hand in hand became famous at the golden age of tube amp.

Solid state technology back then was in still in a sorry state. However with the great improvements in technology, it can match the tube amp in bringing the best of Klipsch speakers.

There are models of Klipsch speaker that is really develop for tube amp...this is the case for  Klipschorn, La scala and other Legend series speakers...since this are designed in the era of the great days of tube amp. This models mentioned, are still available with a price ranging from US$400 to US$3,500 a piece. We are still happy to say that many still purchasing this great speakers.

As for the case of the Synergy and Reference this are newly designed models, where technology of Solid state is already credible. Being a distributor, we have seen a lot of buyers comment to us that they are happy with their Klipsch speakers. Some are using it in tube but most using it in solid state amp like NAD, ARCAM, Harman/Kardon, Lexicon, ACURUS and Aragon, Proceed and even Sunfire.

Klipsch is a progessive audio design company, thus they follow the technology change without changing their principle that their speakers should sound great in every aspect.

I think the only thing that makes a difference with Klipsch speakers if the amp is designed "Japanese" or "Western". According to AES there difference with the Japanese...they process their listening senses in the left hemisphere of their brain while Westener and other parts of the worl listen to the right hemisphere. Though the listening difference is not yet further studied

Offline afterglow

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #105 on: Nov 19, 2003 at 12:18 PM »
I think the reason why people associate Klipsch with tube amps is because Klipsch speakers are one of the few that are sensitive enough to handle SETs.  There aren't that many "quality" speakers that have 97-100 dB sensitivity.

Also, the golden age of Klipsch speakers was during the time when tubes were a lot more popular (albeit declining already).  This made Klipsch speakers legendary among tube aficionados.  

That being said, the classic Klipsch speakers (haven't listened to the newer ones) do perform well with SS.  I have a pair of Forte's from the late 70s and I'm using a SS Parasound amp and a tube Foreplay preamp and it sounds great.  However, I'm still saving for a nice 2A3 SET....

Offline joe3rp

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Nov 19, 2003 at 01:57 PM »
Thanks for your comment, however we would like to clarify the issue.

It is long belief that Klipsch speakers are good for tube amp only...however this is not the case in today's current situation.

Klipsch speaker's are good in both tube or solid state amp....so its a matters of listener's ear to do the choice.
Klipsch is an old brand dating back from 1945....and hand in hand became famous at the golden age of tube amp.

Solid state technology back then was in still in a sorry state. However with the great improvements in technology, it can match the tube amp in bringing the best of Klipsch speakers.

There are models of Klipsch speaker that is really develop for tube amp...this is the case for  Klipschorn, La scala and other Legend series speakers...since this are designed in the era of the great days of tube amp.

As for the case of the Synergy and Reference this are newly designed models, where technology of Solid state is already credible. Being a distributor, we have seen a lot of buyers comment to us that they are happy with their Klipsch speakers. Some are using it in tube but most using it in solid state amp like NAD, ARCAM, Harman/Kardon, Lexicon, ACURUS and Aragon, Proceed and even Sunfire.

I am not saying that KLIPSCH was designed for tube amps.  The newer klipsch come with matching center channel speakers, so that makes them designed for solid state receivers (specifically HT receivers)

I have gone to some audiostores carrying KLIPSCH, when I was lookng at the RF-5, of the 3 stores I visited they where hooked up to "cheap" HT receivers.  They have the slam/bang for HT but definitely not HI-END finese for audio.  The salesmen all put slam-bang DVD's to sell it.  When you try it in plain vanilla stereo mode...a lot is lacking with the set-ups.

The hi-efficiency of KLIPSCH with bad sounding amps will result in a magnification of the roughness of the sound of the amp. IMHO! I think the efficiency and design results in ruthless transparency that can be both good (for good amps) and bad (for bad amps).

The amps you mentioned above are not exactly cheap...they are rated and very refined. That is what I mean, klipsch are usually store demoed with bad electronics.  In your store what amp do you have on the klipsch?  Klipsch are now always hooked up to an AVR.

But if you are selling the klipsch for 2 channel audio...hook it up to a good receiver/amp in order for it to sound good! But then a lot audio stores for that matter hook up their stuff mainly for convenience and pressure of marketing/sales without properly maximizing the synergy of a system.  The KLIPSCH with the cheaper low powered AVR can sound really loud....and only that...IMHO

« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2003 at 08:01 PM by joe3rp »

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Nov 21, 2003 at 04:27 PM »
I am not saying that KLIPSCH was designed for tube amps.  The newer klipsch come with matching center channel speakers, so that makes them designed for solid state receivers (specifically HT receivers)

I have gone to some audiostores carrying KLIPSCH, when I was lookng at the RF-5, of the 3 stores I visited they where hooked up to "cheap" HT receivers.  They have the slam/bang for HT but definitely not HI-END finese for audio.  The salesmen all put slam-bang DVD's to sell it.  When you try it in plain vanilla stereo mode...a lot is lacking with the set-ups.

The hi-efficiency of KLIPSCH with bad sounding amps will result in a magnification of the roughness of the sound of the amp. IMHO! I think the efficiency and design results in ruthless transparency that can be both good (for good amps) and bad (for bad amps).

The amps you mentioned above are not exactly cheap...they are rated and very refined. That is what I mean, klipsch are usually store demoed with bad electronics.  In your store what amp do you have on the klipsch?  Klipsch are now always hooked up to an AVR.

But if you are selling the klipsch for 2 channel audio...hook it up to a good receiver/amp in order for it to sound good! But then a lot audio stores for that matter hook up their stuff mainly for convenience and pressure of marketing/sales without properly maximizing the synergy of a system.  The KLIPSCH with the cheaper low powered AVR can sound really loud....and only that...IMHO

We clearly understand your stand....we reply to your comment to clarify it, since most of the competitor used this issue of "Klipsch being a speaker mainly designed for tube."

Klipsch is a great speaker which we all agreed...
However, if such issue is not clarified, will discourage other people who want to enjoy great music who has existing Solid state amp from using Klipsch..

We hope you understand our position and we welcome very much your comment on the Klipsch brand.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Nov 21, 2003 at 05:50 PM »
Yesterday...we tested the RF-7 with a tube amp and NAD T762...hopefully andun pa yun tube amp...

It was great on both amps....listen and do your choice

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Dec 13, 2003 at 01:45 PM »
The RF-7 is already sold-out....

And would you believe the rear speakers he is using is the RF-5

Bigat

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Dec 27, 2003 at 02:38 PM »
Just a survey....how many members here wanted the new reference 3rd generation.....

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Dec 29, 2003 at 02:09 PM »
Klipsch In-ceiling speakers and Outdoor type speakers  are available now in the market...so if you want to enjoy music....try it.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Feb 19, 2004 at 06:09 PM »
Hey Dude,

Currently the Klipsch Reference RF-15 is showcase at Spectra...

Take time to listen to it...however, don't know if they are already brake-in by them....

And soon to hit the stores are the 3rd Generation Reference series

Offline gren

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Rawr
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Feb 20, 2004 at 07:41 AM »
my god, the rf-15 rocks, basswise that is :>

the k-horn also gives an entirely different sonic character from what i'm used to.  its not bad, but i still prefer brit speakers. i just wish i could take the bass reproduction of the 15 and put it on my MA.

i was almost tempted to get it, but add surrounds and centre = blown budget three times over.

and to think the placement in spectra is bad (sucks is more like it, haha), i wonder how the 15 would sound in a large open room.

Offline Windrider

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Feb 20, 2004 at 09:22 AM »
I have a klipsch Quintet. The subwoofer I was using before was just yamaha. Kaso that whole theater speakers set-up i had with yamaha was sold, kasama sub. Took a few months to replace the yamaha sub i had. Then I bought the klipsch ksw10 sub last monday. I had it set up. all i can say was WOW!!!! talagang perfect combination pala sila (Klipsch sub ksw10 and quintet) Galing galing. By the way, sir redkoji, thanks for the discount that you gave me!!!! hehehehehehehe!!!

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Feb 20, 2004 at 10:42 AM »
Thanks

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2004 at 02:24 PM by redkoji »

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Feb 24, 2004 at 03:49 PM »
The Synergy Series uses advanced technologies in each of its loudspeakers to create a dynamic sound that goes beyond anything listeners could imagine at such reasonable price points. Using the same high-performance materials as its SF-2 predecessor, the SF-1 delivers an amazing sound from an even smaller cabinet and even more affordable price.

The SF-1 makes efficient use of a magnetically shielded, 6.5-inch graphite-injected woofer and a 1-inch aluminum diaphragm compression driver coupled to a Klipsch 5-inch square Tractrix® Horn, creating realistic spatial imaging and smooth, uncolored sound reproduction. A large, flared port extends the SF-1’s deep, authoritative bass without turbulence noise or dynamic compression.

Other class-leading design features, such as high-definition crossover networks and internally braced enclosures help ensure peak performance from every SF-1, while the unique venting system of its cast-polymer woofer frame cools the voice coil to enhance reliability.

The SF-1’s enclosure employs the highest-quality MDF construction and is finished in jet ash vinyl veneer. This floorstander also features a “floating,” or suspended, grille design, which minimizes image-impairing sonic reflections.

The SF-1’s surprising high level of smooth and seamless sound reproduction creates a knock-your-socks off experience that will impress your friends and provide years of high-quality audio entertainment.

FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
40Hz-20kHz±3dB
SENSITIVITY:
94dB @ 1watt/1meter
POWER HANDLING:
100 watts maximum continuous (400 watts peak)
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE:
8 ohms
ENCLOSURE TYPE:
Bass reflex via rear-mounted port
DRIVE COMPONENTS:
Two-way system using one 1" (2.54cm) magnetically shielded, neodymium magnet, aluminum dome compression driver tweeter with a 5" (12.7cm) square 90°x60° Tractrix® Horn and one 6.5" (16.51cm) magnetically shielded, IMG cone woofer
TWEETER:
K-101-S 1" (2.54cm) Aluminum dome compression driver
HIGH FREQUENCY HORN:
5" square 90°x60° Tractrix® Horn
HF CROSSOVER:
2000Hz
WOOFER:
K-1078-SB 6.5" (16.51cm) IMG cone / cast polymer frame
DIMENSIONS:
33" (83.82cm) x 8" (20.32cm) x 13.6" (34.54cm)
WEIGHT:
33 lbs. (15kg)
ENCLOSURE MATERIAL:
Medium density fiberboard construction (MDF)
FINISHES:
Black ash vinyl veneer
YEARS BUILT:
1999 -