Author Topic: Klipsch Speaker Owners Speak-out  (Read 160428 times)

Offline davsacluti

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Klipsch Speaker Owners Speak-out
« Reply #330 on: Oct 15, 2010 at 09:04 PM »
i think that would be the best thing to do...well, thats just my opinion. i guess that im lucky lang that they have the same receiver i'll have.  so the tweeter is not to tiring to listen to naman? hehehe now i cant seem to stop wondering

I think it'd be best if you hear it for yourself.  ;)
YMMV.

Offline carlo.A

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #331 on: Oct 15, 2010 at 09:11 PM »
nice!!!!!! i cant wait na nga e so i can go there and check it out na talaga. which of the klipsch speakers are you interested in? the hassle part about this for me is that i have to wait pa before i get to use these speakers because i have to wait pa for my receiver that will be arriving first week of nov (this is me praying very very hard).  i just want to get something done na so i just have to wait for the receiver. im actually contacting my friends if they have a spare amp that i can borrow so i can start the burn in period and somewhat enjoy the speakers na

Offline davsacluti

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #332 on: Oct 15, 2010 at 09:15 PM »
nice!!!!!! i cant wait na nga e so i can go there and check it out na talaga. which of the klipsch speakers are you interested in? the hassle part about this for me is that i have to wait pa before i get to use these speakers because i have to wait pa for my receiver that will be arriving first week of nov (this is me praying very very hard).  i just want to get something done na so i just have to wait for the receiver. im actually contacting my friends if they have a spare amp that i can borrow so i can start the burn in period and somewhat enjoy the speakers na

Actually looking at replacing my centers first then front bookshelves then floorstanders if i get lucky.  :)

Offline carlo.A

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #333 on: Oct 15, 2010 at 09:19 PM »
ah ok....god i just hope that this wont be a never ending spending spree for me in the future like the other people i know of. parang every year ang gastos for "gear" (if thats the proper term).  i guess thats why im aiming just a little higher so i dont get sawa kagad

Offline davsacluti

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #334 on: Oct 15, 2010 at 09:25 PM »
ah ok....god i just hope that this wont be a never ending spending spree for me in the future like the other people i know of. parang every year ang gastos for "gear" (if thats the proper term).  i guess thats why im aiming just a little higher so i dont get sawa kagad

I think as long as our happy with the sound you won't notice what you've been missing.  ;)
It's the contentment with the sound of your system that matters.  :D

Offline carlo.A

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #335 on: Oct 15, 2010 at 09:57 PM »
so very true! wish me luck tomorrow ;D

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #336 on: Oct 16, 2010 at 02:11 PM »

SARS denial stage. Good luck!

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #337 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 03:47 AM »
I'm using the pioneer VSX-519v but unfortunately for me they don't have pioneer receivers at avshop.  :(

It's either i buy it directly or i bring my own receiver when purchasing.  ::)

Bring your receiver na lang. Different brands typically have a unique "house sound" to them, and having your actual unit may help you in finding the perfect match.

Good luck. :)
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2010 at 03:48 AM by Stagea »

Offline carlo.A

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #338 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 09:25 AM »
mga brader, sorry for the stupid question. what does SARS mean? lol i really like klipsch! thanks marc!!!!!

Offline mikeer2002ph

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • What have you done today to make you feel PROUD?
  • Liked:
« Reply #339 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 10:34 AM »
mga brader, sorry for the stupid question. what does SARS mean? lol i really like klipsch! thanks marc!!!!!

off topic..

I frankly dont know the actual meaning of SARS as per PDVD's definition but here are some of my intelligent guesses..

Disclaimer: Pun intended - ang matamaan wag magalit

1. Severe Addiction to Reservations (in the marketplace) and Selling (in the marketplace)

2. Severe Audiophile Reluctance to Stop (in spending ostentatious amounts of money for audio equipment)

3. Sir, Audio gears ko, Reto ko Sayo

4. Senseless Aptitude to Replace Speakers (for speaker collectors/sellers)

5. Severe Acute Reservation Syndrome (for those that just reserve for the sheer fun of it, while most of the times leaves the seller hanging in the air in the end)

5. Severe Acute Replacement Syndrome (for those that replace audio equipment as if they were toilet paper in the bathroom)

6. Sheer Affinity to Rotel and Sonus faber (self explanatory)

7. Sana Audio gears ko Reserve mo na Sige na (hard sell of 2nd hand items which are not getting enough attention)

8. for Sale, pa-Audition, pa-Reserve, Sayang! (sequence of events - self explanatory)

9. Severe Acute Rotel/Roksan Syndrome (self explanatory)

10. Severe Addiction to Replace Sources (self explanatory)

11. Severe Addiction to Replace Subwoofers (self explanatory)

12. Self-Absorbed Review Syndrome (those that take reviews of audio equipment like bible truth and expect everyone to believe their claim - and will actually fight someone over it)

13. Self-Actualized Refinement Syndrome (those that upgrade in progressive steps from budget to high end gears in search of the 'refined' sound/sights)

14. Source, Amp/Receiver, Speakers (basic building blocks of an audio system - self explanatory)

15. Sayang! Angkinin ko na yung Receiver Sana (typical parting words of someone na naunahan sa item)

16. Senseless Affinity to Refined Sources (self explanatory)

17. Sheer Audacity to Reviews and Sabi-sabi (self explanatory, possibly related to #12)

18. Sensible Audiophile Requirements Syndrome (not everyone can afford high end equipment, at least this is their justification for the purchase)

19. Spouse Acceptance of Reality Syndrome (for the spouses that do 'the dialogue' when the other spouse buys/acquires/sells/replaces/upgrades expensive audio/video equipment without his/her knowledge and its aftermath)

20. Spouse's Audiophile Requirements Syndrome (related to wife/husband acceptance or spouse acceptance factor - equipment must be aesthetically, technically and most important of all - economically acceptable to the spouse/wife/husband)

21. Senseless Audacity to Reaction of Spouse (related to #19 - for the spouses guilty of buying/selling/upgrading/acquiring/replacing equipment no matter what the other spouse may say regarding the move)

22. "Sana Audiophile Rin Sya" (typical statement of an audiophile when his/her craft/hobby is not appreciated by the other party)

Feel free to add to this definition if you have any more not mentioned

Cheers!

Mikee
Gay Stereophile
Kann HugoTT GSXMk2 LCDMX4 Elear EtherFlow MDRZ7
DACMagicPlus CA650A RB1582 LSi9 Aon3

Offline carlo.A

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #340 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 10:43 AM »
hahahahaha

nice one sir mikee!!!!

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #341 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 11:36 AM »
hahahahaha

nice one sir mikee!!!!

Congrats ha.

Offline davsacluti

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #342 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 12:14 PM »

congrats sir.  ;)
BTW what klipsch model did you decide to get?
Might drop by avshop tomorrow with my receiver after selling off some stuff in the morning.  :D

Offline carlo.A

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #343 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 12:18 PM »
i got the f20 package. they are awesome bro! they are very good! i dont know how to further expound on it because im a newbie but damn!!!!!!!!!  thanks bro. ya bet it from avshop. sobra accomodating and the prices are good. im very sure that all my future purchases will be there eventhough i live so far from them

Offline bladecutter_ph

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #344 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 01:08 PM »
Sirs,

I've read positive reviews on Klipsch bookshelf compared with Polk Audio tsi/rt. How expensive are they compared to Polk Audio's? I've also requested price from avshop in another forum.

TIA.

Offline carlo.A

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #345 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 01:46 PM »
sir, ako personally. i heard the tsi series of polk. i still went with klipsch. im  not too sure how much the bookshelves are of klipsch but you can contact sir avshop (marc) directly and ask him na (09173273083) or at the shop (4353210.)

i cant be the best person to give advice because im relatively very new to the ht hobby game but ive always noticed good sound naman. you cant go wrong with klipsch. id go for the tower though or get the package na so mag kakapatid ang mga speakers. hehehehe

Offline mikeer2002ph

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #346 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 05:37 PM »
sir, ako personally. i heard the tsi series of polk. i still went with klipsch. im  not too sure how much the bookshelves are of klipsch but you can contact sir avshop (marc) directly and ask him na (09173273083) or at the shop (4353210.)

i cant be the best person to give advice because im relatively very new to the ht hobby game but ive always noticed good sound naman. you cant go wrong with klipsch. id go for the tower though or get the package na so mag kakapatid ang mga speakers. hehehehe

I can't say much for HT because I was never into it, although from a stereo only setup and with my current gear, the Polk RTi As blasted out the Klipsch RBs off my list as far as resolution, imaging and high frequency extension is concerned. Low frequency extension still belonged to the Klipsch's but they're not as 'controlled' as the Polk RTi As.

Then again we have different ears, listen to them both and compare which will take your fancy. I suggest you bring your gears along since it will behave differently to different brands of amps / receivers.

I for one used to clamor for the Klipsch RB-61 circa 2006 but it all changed when I factored in the Polk RTi A3 at the same price range auditioned on my HK receiver.

The Klipsch RB-61 trumps out the RTi A3 on the Nad / Rotel though

Sirs,

I've read positive reviews on Klipsch bookshelf compared with Polk Audio tsi/rt. How expensive are they compared to Polk Audio's? I've also requested price from avshop in another forum.

TIA.

well as far as pricing is concerned here's the grouping (all are bookshelves except when noted)

Klipsch Synergy B2 = Polk TSi100 = 8-9K
Klipsch Synergy B3 = Polk TSi200 = 12-13K
Klipsch RB-51 = Polk RTi A1 = 15-16K
Klipsch RB-61 = Polk RTi A3 = Polk TSi 300 (floorstander) = 18-20K
Klipsch RB-81 = Polk RTi A5 (floorstander) = Polk TSi 400 (Floorstander) = 28-30K
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2010 at 05:56 PM by mikeer2002ph »
Gay Stereophile

Offline bladecutter_ph

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #347 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 06:06 PM »
I can't say much for HT because I was never into it, although from a stereo only setup and with my current gear, the Polk RTi As blasted out the Klipsch RBs off my list as far as resolution, imaging and high frequency extension is concerned. low extension still belonged to the Klipsch's but they're not as 'controlled' as the Polk RTi As.

Then again we have different ears, listen to them both and compare which will take your fancy

I for one used to clamor for the Klipsch RB-61 circa 2006 but it all changed when I factored in the Polk RTi A3 at the same price range.

well as far as pricing is concerned here's the grouping

Klipsch Synergy B2 = Polk TSi100 = 8-9K
Klipsch Synergy B3 = Polk TSi200 = 12-13K
Klipsch RB-51 = Polk RTi A1 = 15-16K
Klipsch RB-61 = Polk RTi A3 = Polk TSi 300 (floorstander) = 18-20K
Klipsch RB-81 (bookshelf) = Polk RTi A5 (floorstander) = Polk TSi 400 (Floorstander) = 28-30K
@mikeer2002ph Thanks a lot sir. The next thing I need to accomplish is to audition these speakers and find out which one my ears would favor. If I can't stretch my budget - then I would consider a wharfedale floorstander instead.

Will appreciate other inputs.

More power.
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2010 at 06:08 PM by bladecutter_ph »

Offline mikeer2002ph

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #348 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 06:18 PM »
@mikeer2002ph Thanks a lot sir. The next thing I need to accomplish is to audition these speakers and find out which one my ears would favor. If I can't stretch my budget - then I would consider a wharfedale floorstander instead.

Will appreciate other inputs.

More power.

You're welcome dear.

Do audition it at avshop (look for marc) because they have the klipsch RBs / Synergy Bs / Polk TSis / Polk RTiAs and the top of the line Polk LSis and may also have the B&Ws as wildcard. They also have a Wharfedale Diamond 9/10 series and JBL / Infinity Primus Series so its a one stop shop/audition place. I think they carry HK/Marantz/Onkyo but if your receiver/amp is 'unique' just bring it along.
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2010 at 06:21 PM by mikeer2002ph »
Gay Stereophile

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #349 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 06:33 PM »
I think the only Klipsch Reference Marc has is the RF-10. Yun lang ang nakita ko last Tuesday.

Offline davsacluti

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #350 on: Oct 22, 2010 at 10:47 AM »
Just got the Klipsch Synergy C2 center yesterday from avshop.  :)

Good thing i brought my receiver when i auditioned it again before buying it since the pioneer was surprisingly a bit warmer than the HK receiver that they used before i auditioned the klipsch last week.
Now can't wait to get money for the B3 bookshelves then my front stage will be complete.  ;D

Offline carlo.A

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #351 on: Oct 22, 2010 at 10:58 AM »
nice one!!!!

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #352 on: Oct 22, 2010 at 02:38 PM »

Good thing i brought my receiver when i auditioned it again before buying it since the pioneer was surprisingly a bit warmer than the HK receiver that they used before i auditioned the klipsch last week.
Now can't wait to get money for the B3 bookshelves then my front stage will be complete.  ;D

One of the best combination yan for Pio. Sakto lang sa brightness ng Klipsch.

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #353 on: Oct 22, 2010 at 04:13 PM »

get the full set na. :)

Offline carlo.A

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #354 on: Oct 22, 2010 at 04:45 PM »
ya para makakapatid sila.

i have no complaints with the set i bought....

@sir avshop, i havent recieved the onkyo yet e. god i hope that it would arrive na

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #355 on: Oct 22, 2010 at 04:50 PM »
ya para makakapatid sila.

i have no complaints with the set i bought....

@sir avshop, i havent recieved the onkyo yet e. god i hope that it would arrive na

SARS - Severe Audio Replacement Syndrome
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline davsacluti

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #356 on: Oct 22, 2010 at 08:35 PM »
get the full set na. :)
Can't get it in one swoop since i'm still a student sir.  ;)
Maybe after i graduate will ask for the set as my graduating gift.  ;D

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #357 on: Oct 22, 2010 at 08:48 PM »
Can't get it in one swoop since i'm still a student sir.  ;)
Maybe after i graduate will ask for the set as my graduating gift.  ;D

Reference Series ng Klipsch ang bagay na graduation gift syo.  ;D

Offline davsacluti

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #358 on: Oct 22, 2010 at 09:23 PM »
Reference Series ng Klipsch ang bagay na graduation gift syo.  ;D
That might be too much of a longshot.  ::)

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #359 on: Oct 23, 2010 at 01:55 AM »

congrats on beautiful center speaker sir! the synergy series are awesome speakers (even if they're the entry level series of klipsch).
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!