Author Topic: 7 band equalizer & sound level settings  (Read 2477 times)

Offline zeus123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
7 band equalizer & sound level settings
« on: Dec 23, 2009 at 08:56 AM »
Dear Friends,

can you share what you think is the best eq setting for a 7band eq with max of 6db. I am more into accoustic,pop, vocal heavy type of music. Currently I find my speakers sounding like tin can. My AV receiver is yamaha RXV 465 and using 5.1 small yamaha speakers. I like sound that is compact, not noisy but powerful with medium bass and clear vocals.

I can adjust each speaker eq and not sure if i should have the same settings for all the speakers or should i increase the sorround speaker as compared to my front and center speaker. Also, what would you recommend for the speaker level? mine can increase max 10bd per speaker.

i understand that most of it is more of personal preference and hope you can share your set-up or any recommendation which i can try and see if it suits my taste.

thanks so much!

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
Re: 7 band equalizer & sound level settings
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2009 at 01:17 PM »
For multi-channel playback, if you have all your speakers from the same brand and thus have the same sonic timber, then I'd just leave the eq in their flat positions.  For level matching, use the receiver's test mode and have each set to the same volume level from your listening position. 

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2009 at 02:01 PM »
ano center frequencies ng eq?
also check your speaker connections. baka may nagkabaligtad sa positive at negative.
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2009 at 04:10 PM »
the best way is to use a pink noise generator and a  mike at your listening position, this way you can adjust you equalizer settings so that you get the flattest response.....

but if you have no test equipment for that...then you can just play it by ear.... ;D
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom