Author Topic: Popcorn Hour A-200! Jukebox, Apps Market, Torrent Downloader,3D,Facebook  (Read 157008 times)

Offline ASuL

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
sorry kala the a200 will have a new packaging...anyway

if i have an internal HDD can i still attach an external HDD or use that trayless SATA enclosure sci-fi fan posted as an addtional storage?

or can i just opt to use that trayless SATA enclosure?

di po ba magabal ang transfer rate ng trayless SATA enclosure? from what i'm getting the advantage of the trayless SATA enclosure is the convinience of changing what is accessible to the HDD as your collection grows plus the cost of the HDD is cheaper compared to "real" external HDD

sorry po hindi ako techie...i'm actually terrifed with the thought that I will manipulate / organize my files using linux...i read pwede na sa PC since NTFS pwede na but it other features wont work na...i dunno i not really sure about the techie stuff...

Offline Gsound

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
ahaha allergic din ako sa gasgas .. yung top plastic nandun parin..yung remote tinago ko sa box  ;D

same here, bumili ako ng logitech harmony 620 para lang maitago ko yung remote. so far ok namang gamitin.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
di po ba magabal ang transfer rate ng trayless SATA enclosure? from what i'm getting the advantage of the trayless SATA enclosure is the convinience of changing what is accessible to the HDD as your collection grows plus the cost of the HDD is cheaper compared to "real" external HDD

If you want it cheap, collect internal HDDs and a single dock.  If you want to transfer files between HDDs, get 2 docks with eSATA connector, install a SATA-eSATA adapter at the back of your desktop (the one with 2 connectors), and transfer files eSATA to eSATA.    Desktop MOBOs would normally have 6 SATA connections available.

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
If you want it cheap, collect internal HDDs and a single dock.  If you want to transfer files between HDDs, get 2 docks with eSATA connector, install a SATA-eSATA adapter at the back of your desktop (the one with 2 connectors), and transfer files eSATA to eSATA.    Desktop MOBOs would normally have 6 SATA connections available.

Sir's can you recommend what dock for internal HDD's is recommended. yun sanang kaya hanggang 2TB. also a store where I can get the dock and if you know estimatate on how much the docks are. Thanks.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Sir's can you recommend what dock for internal HDD's is recommended. yun sanang kaya hanggang 2TB. also a store where I can get the dock and if you know estimatate on how much the docks are. Thanks.

I have tried another member's CD-R King dock on a 1.5TB drive.  It worked perfectly fine and as fast as I expected it via USB 2.0.  I dont know how much it costs sa CD-R King though but probably less than 1K pesos.   Sa 2TB drives, I have only tried the makes Im using here in Tokyo (Century - the very best for me - and some cheaper brands from China too).  Lahat OK naman and consistent ang performance especially via eSATA na ubod ng bilis ang file transfer rate.   Meron bang docks na won't work on bigger drives?   Perhaps just don't buy it toooo cheap.  ;D

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3200)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2689
gamit ko ung recommended ni sir alfie, 680pesos from cdr king meron din esata  ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
I have tried another member's CD-R King dock on a 1.5TB drive.  It worked perfectly fine and as fast as I expected it via USB 2.0.  I dont know how much it costs sa CD-R King though but probably less than 1K pesos.   Sa 2TB drives, I have only tried the makes Im using here in Tokyo (Century - the very best for me - and some cheaper brands from China too).  Lahat OK naman and consistent ang performance especially via eSATA na ubod ng bilis ang file transfer rate.   Meron bang docks na won't work on bigger drives?   Perhaps just don't buy it toooo cheap.  ;D

Thanks sir Clondalkin for the tip...

Sir Phillip will wait muna on the price of your 2TB external that will be coming this May before I decide on what to buy... Thanks.  ;)

Offline keeper

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:

hmmm... so this is a possible setup pala.was thinking of doing this.. thanks for the info sir Clondalkin.  ;)
ONKYO606.WHARF 10.6,9CM,9DFS,PSW125.TOSH HDA35,XDE500,PCHA200, PANA AX200

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
I would have gone this route as well kaya lang I have a 5 year old sa bahay na baka haltakin ng biglaan :(

Offline ASuL

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
hahaha...wala ako maintidihan

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
hahaha...wala ako maintidihan

Ganito siya.  

1. You choose only the HDD that you want to watch and latch it onto the dock connected to the A200 (still with plastic film protector/pati yung remote).   ;D

2. I got another dock stationed with my other TV together with the old Egreat 31B.

3. Then 2 more docks connected to my main desktop via eSATA for file management in addition to playback via KMP.

Fugly but cheap, functional, crudely organized with post-it and definitely & reliably multi-tasking - each dock working independently and properly without affecting the performance of others.   ;D

Take note of my CARTON HDD holder/keeper.   ;D  If I have to spend on a real good quality NAS, I would have to spend the cost of 2x a nice laptop or at least 10TB of HDD.   ;D

« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2010 at 05:50 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
Ganito siya.  

1. You choose only the HDD that you want to watch and latch it onto the dock connected to the A200 (still with plastic film protector/pati yung remote).   ;D

2. I got another dock stationed with my other TV together with the old Egreat 31B.

3. Then 2 more docks connected to my main desktop via eSATA for file management in addition to playback via KMP.

Fugly but cheap, functional, crudely organized with post-it and definitely & reliably multi-tasking - each dock working independently and properly without affecting the performance of others.   ;D

Take note of my CARTON HDD holder/keeper.   ;D  If I have to spend on a real good quality NAS, I would have to spend the cost of 2x a nice laptop or at least 10TB of HDD.   ;D

Hi Clondalkin, Okay yang Carton HDD holder/keeper. Did you buy that, and for how much? Would you know if that is available here in Manila? Cheers!

P.S. Wow! Tama ba, your collection must be around 20TB at least already?  :o
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2010 at 06:32 PM by gaol »

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
same question sir, me cover ba ung mga carton box?  :D

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
That's a Century HDD carton box container that costs 980 yen each.  Same brand as my docks.  Mahal pero I cant find a cheaper organized container in Tokyo and  I dont have any artistic skills to craft one from a carton box.

Wala siyang top cover but it has a soft sheet sa inner bottom where the HDDs rest.

Cheapest and probably safest way to store HDDs is to place them inside a dry closet.  Keep the HDDs in their anti-static bags.

Offline Beefy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Nako mukhang dadami pa yan HDD mo pag nag addik ka sa bluray rip  ;)

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Hi Clondalkin, Okay yang Carton HDD holder/keeper. Did you buy that, and for how much? Would you know if that is available here in Manila? Cheers!

P.S. Wow! Tama ba, your collection must be around 20TB at least already?  :o

kung tig 1.5tb naman nasa 30tb na yan ;D

Offline kolokoys

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • http://lumangmaynila.multiply.com
  • Liked:
daming HD's  ;D

ok din pala kung ganyan ang setup anu..sir Clon how much yung docking bay na may esata? problema ko kase sa bahay e yung mga external WD harddisks e ang daming kelangang power outlets, hassle naman kung tanggal balik yung mga cords nya while selecting movies to watch.  ;D  mag shift na rin siguro ako sa internal bays

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
ok din pala kung ganyan ang setup anu..sir Clon how much yung docking bay na may esata? problema ko kase sa bahay e yung mga external WD harddisks e ang daming kelangang power outlets, hassle naman kung tanggal balik yung mga cords nya while selecting movies to watch.  ;D  mag shift na rin siguro ako sa internal bays

I shifted to internals on dock when I realized how many outlets I needed as my external drives (I have 6 Buffalo externals) started to build-up.  It's not necessary to power up all HDDs but limited pa rin ang power sockets especially if you want to line up those externals nicely somewhere on your HT or PC cabinet).  Tapos file management is really slow via USB 2.0 - can't compare with eSATA performance talaga.  However, I still use externals when traveling (isa lang naman kailangan).

Kung OC ka, simply store the internals (in their anti-static bags) somewhere not visible and just bring out the HDD(s) you need.  I actually keep those carton box HDD holders in a small wooden cabinet next to the PC.

I dont know kung magkano yung dock with eSATA in Manila.  I saw one sa Octagon (black & white color, yung mataas ang sides - note how low my docks are) but it should be more reasonably priced sa CD-R King if available.  

The SATA-eSATA adapter is not expensive and very easy to install in a desktop - assuming meron kang spare slots and SATA connectors sa MOBO.  I installed 2 of those sa main desktop (2 x 2eSATA) para if I have to do heavy file management, I can possibly connect 4 docks max via eSATA in addition to the internally connected drives and some externals that I can connect via USB2.0.  Mas practical yon sa akin instead na maximizing my internally installed HDDs (which would be 4) dahil having a lot of HDDs inside the PC would burden your power supply unit and produce more heat within the case unnecessarily... sayang kuryente especially if you like to keep the PC running practically 24/7.   Either way, matagal nga lang ang boot-up ng PC kung maraming connected HDDs both via eSATA and USB 2.0 but it works well.

Pero cool syempre ang NAS if you can afford it.
« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2010 at 07:28 PM by Clondalkin »

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
hindi ba sir masama if madalas magtanggal kabit ng internal hdds sa mga docks?

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
hindi ba sir masama if madalas magtanggal kabit ng internal hdds sa mga docks?

Siyempre mas safe (mechanically) kung fix ang connection.

You should follow the correct procedure to connect/remove the HDD and it should be OK.  My docks have a latch-release mechanism para hindi pwersado ang connectors both of the HDD and the dock.  Smooth naman ang movement in and out.  The connector mechanism of the Century dock is rated 10,000 operations which is quite LONG.

Kung may batang maliit na mahilig manghawi ng bagay-bagay on top of anything na abot ng kamay nila, delikado.  Well this kind of device is not for little kids in the first place.

I remember your concern about dust build up.  Come to think of it, mas matindi and makapal pa ang dust build up inside the PC case yet that is not the main reason why HDDs conk out.  However, dock makers still recommend that you remove the HDD from the dock when not in use then keep the HDD safe somewhere (personally, I keep one connected but covered with itse anti-static bag on top when not powered).

BTW, I considered this type of HDD storage/holder too but it's too bulky for my application.

http://www.jpcentury.com/pro_con.aspx?id=P_00000010

« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2010 at 08:48 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline keeper

• Collector
  • Liked:
good pm.

how do you save your subtitle position setting? it seems that everytime i turn on the PCH, the subtitle position setting returns to its default( 70 yata) which is a bit high for me, almost in the middle of the screen na. i set it to 0 para nasa ibaba lang.

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
good pm.

how do you save your subtitle position setting? it seems that everytime i turn on the PCH, the subtitle position setting returns to its default( 70 yata) which is a bit high for me, almost in the middle of the screen na. i set it to 0 para nasa ibaba lang.

You can't yet.

It's working on beta though so expect it sa next firmware update

Offline keeper

• Collector
  • Liked:
You can't yet.

It's working on beta though so expect it sa next firmware update

ah ok. thanks for the heads up sir scifi-fan.  got my YAMJ working na on my PCH A200. thanks a lot to you, beefy and wacksy1021.  ;D

Offline ASuL

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
its amazing how much storage you have clondalkin...

Offline Beefy

• Collector
  • Liked:
The SATA-eSATA adapter is not expensive and very easy to install in a desktop - assuming meron kang spare slots and SATA connectors sa MOBO.  I installed 2 of those sa main desktop (2 x 2eSATA) para if I have to do heavy file management, I can possibly connect 4 docks max via eSATA in addition to the internally connected drives and some externals that I can connect via USB2.0.  Mas practical yon sa akin instead na maximizing my internally installed HDDs (which would be 4) dahil having a lot of HDDs inside the PC would burden your power supply unit and produce more heat within the case unnecessarily... sayang kuryente especially if you like to keep the PC running practically 24/7.   Either way, matagal nga lang ang boot-up ng PC kung maraming connected HDDs both via eSATA and USB 2.0 but it works well.

Pero cool syempre ang NAS if you can afford it.

Hi Clondalkin,
Are you using this kind of adapter :

What speed are you getting when transferring files?

I tried this bracket on my old pc but the speed was almost the same as usb 2

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Hi Beefy.  Sorry I cant see your attached picture through my terminal right now but my adapters simply look like this.

http://www.computervideogear.com/sata/external-sata-esata-adapter.htm

On my Intel C2D 6600 PC, it peaks at around 110MB/sec - steady state transfer rate would be between 60MB/sec-90MB/sec. 

I can only get to about 20-40MB/sec via USB 2.0

Offline Beefy

• Collector
  • Liked:
They look the same. I can get up to 25MB/s using usb 2.0. I haven't tried measuring the speed with esata as it's such a hassle to connect via that port. Maybe it's just my pc , OS and ext file system of the hard drive.

What OS are you using by the way and are your esatas hot swappable? Can you connect the esata while your PC is running or do you have to connect it before booting up?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010 at 12:40 PM by Beefy »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
They look the same. I can get up to 25MB/s using usb 2.0. I haven't tried measuring the speed with esata as it's such a hassle to connect via that port. Maybe it's just my pc , OS and ext file system of the hard drive.

What OS are you using by the way and are your esatas hot swappable? Can you connect the esata while your PC is running or do you have to connect it before booting up?

Your USB2.0 speed looks OK.  Yes, eSATA cable is quite stiff and hard to flex.

I use Vista Home Premium sa main desktop.   All my HDDs are formatted to NTFS. 

My HDD docks are not hot swappable so I have to reboot everytime I change HDD(s). 

The eSATA connections are PROBABLY not hot swappable too.  The option to "Safely Remove Disk" is not there so what I do is to let the HDD/dock idle para mag-intelli-power idle yung WD Green HDD and then I simply turn off the power supply sa dock to remove an HDD even while the PC is running.  I cant change HDDs though.

Offline Beefy

• Collector
  • Liked:
Thanks!  :) I'm looking for better ways to transfer files..i'll probably try usb 3.0

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
USB3.0 looks very promising but hintayin ko muna bumaba ang prices ng USB3.0 docks, cases and connectors/cards.  Mataas pa masyado.