Author Topic: Popcorn Hour A-200! Jukebox, Apps Market, Torrent Downloader,3D,Facebook  (Read 156989 times)

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Just got my A200 today.. Back to PCH again.. From PCH100 -->WDTV -->Egreat 31b --> PCH110 --> AP100 --> AP300 --> wdtvlive --> AP360 --> xtreamer -->PCH200. Time to revive my Jukebox.. :)

congrats to your latest additions ser :)

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
starting to re-Jukebox my 26TB.. whew!

cant get video wall/fanart to work.. yung lumang style pa rin ang lumalabas.. :(

bro sci-fan - can you email me your YAMJ version that you used? if possible lang naman..  ;D ;D
[email protected]

thanks.

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
I'm using YAMJ version 2.x

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=41152

This newest YAMJ is also very good. Subtitle scraping also works very well on it.

For curiosity I ran the new NMJ on one of my 1TB drives with 189 movies inside. Out of all of them, it only made a mistake on 1 movie so that's a .5% error sa scanning which is pretty good for a Alpha version.

NFO is the way to go.

TV shows naman, practice "internet accepted" rules for naming them.

Example:

Greys.Anatomy.S06E20... etc etc.mkv

If done right, no need for NFO files.

-First one works well with BDMV and BD ISO already.  Yeah MKV subs are fugly as dot matrix printout.

I'm so sorry for the late reply :(

- PGS Subtitles are Graphical kasi. If you remember the Navi subtitles in Avatar they used a different font and texture. That's the beauty of PGS and it scales up/down in size depending on display used. With the upcoming firmware, you can rip them off BDMV/ISO and merge them with a MKV which is darned cool!

-2nd one - cool - you mean some kind of menu will be generated on MKVs?  if the MKV encode has chapter, multi-subs and multi-audio, they already work well with FW 2.0.x.  You dont mean the A200 will generate chapters and multi-subs and multi-audio kahit wala sa encode?  hehehe

The menu will be the same when using Simple BD pero now it works with MKVs. In the current firmware there's a separate button for Audio and for Subs. Simple BD in MKV is combined into just 1 button.

- I dont understand the 3rd one.  BDMV/BD ISO subs work well with FW 2.0.x

Not in MKV. Again this is beneficial to movies where they use different language intentionally like Avatar (Navi), Dances with Wolves (where they speak navaho). You don't want the english subs but you want the foreign language subs only. This is the "forced" subs.

- Avatar BDMV can be dodgy at times but AVATAR BD ISO is perfect already (sans menu).

Currently in Beta/Alpha the change I noticed is that the annoying pop-ups are solved and even the main menu of the movie has a soundtrack. The current firmware sometimes kill the background music in BD menus.

I'm working very hard to tell Syabas to address issues with playback of commercial BD kasi ito ang biggest problems ng C200 (even the Dune). Getting a media player combined with a bluray disc player is hard and I think now lang na-realize that the standard chip used just isn't strong enough to do both so it's a balancing act.

Tell them to fix HD audio first and foremost, then I might buy a new AVR.  They're probably not working on the right contents/encodes...similar to Framestor case... hehehe

That's top priority. It works very well now. The problem with the new SDK is regression problems. This means all my HD Audio works 100%. It's playing back standard DTS/DD that's having problems, my AVR doesn't detect DTS or PCM tracks seemingly at random so I have to keep the AVR off using Alpha/Beta and resort to downmix just to stereo.

Great tip on USB flash drive.   ;)  I think we should meet in July.  hehehe

NP. Have some more tips to share.

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
Just a curious question, if you don't mind.  How much does this retail these days?

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Mall prices are around P10,500 considering there's VAT kasi.

Offline abcerase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
mga sirs, sorry for the noob question..i have an external HD po kasi that I store my video files on however, it's HFS (MAC OS Extended) formatted. Mababasa po ba ito ng popcorn hour? Thanks!

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Nope. PCH can't read HFS partitions

That's why I use NTFS

Offline abcerase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Nope. PCH can't read HFS partitions

That's why I use NTFS

Thanks so much sir for the input!

Offline b u l l e t

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Wow! after reading all information and feedback still end up empty  ::). I'm really interested with this A200 however, Im a little bit worried since I'm a type of person who just plug and play and setup and forget. I'm very much sure that it  will be hard for me to setup and upgrade specially what SCIFI-FAN did on his movie library. I'm a kind of person just enjoy watching movies than making kalikot  ;D

Or probably, I can ask the store to do it for me but not sure how good they are compare to you guys. hehehe
It's really a worth buying for!
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2010 at 10:09 AM by bullet_red »

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Wow! after reading all information and feedback still end up empty  ::). I'm really interested with this A200 however, Im a little bit worried since I'm a type of person who just plug and play and setup and forget. I'm very much sure that it  will be hard for me to setup and upgrade specially what SCIFI-FAN did on his movie library. I'm a kind of person just enjoy watching movies than making kalikot  ;D

Or probably, I can ask the store to do it for me but not sure how good they are compare to you guys. hehehe
It's really a worth buying for!

The upcoming NMJ is targeted specifically for users like yourself.

When I tried the alpha version, I just made sure the files were properly named already and it created everything automatically (movies, music, photos) and it will allow you to perform edits.

No PC required. Very low technical skills required to operate.

Kaya lang nga, feeling ko the NMJ will probably be at least 3~4 months away.

So it's up to you if you want to get a 200 series (C200 is even better IMHO) now or later when everything in firmware has been sorted out.

I will say though Syabas firmware is still the most advanced out there.

I've just spent the past 4 days "shrinking" my full bluray backups to just mkv files WITH HD Audio AND 1080p subtitles. I only did this to movies which I feel isn't worth keeping the full backup with special features.

I start with a BDMV (45GB)

I then extract the Video track using Handbrake and reduce the bitrate to half the original size (14~15Mb/sec)

I then use tsMuxeR to extract the HD Audio track and the PGS hi-res subs

I then use mkvmerge to "mux" Video/Audio/Subs into 1 file

I ended up with a file roughly 16~18GB.

Offline renton

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
newbie question. some of the mkv movies , or make that most do not have subtitles. How do I get them or add them ? is it a separate file that should be located in the same directory ?

thanks !

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
You can find some at opensubtitles.org

I do it automatically with YAMJ. Not only will YAMJ scrape for poster/fanart it can also grab subs and even trailers for you.

Offline ravel

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
You can find some at opensubtitles.org

I do it automatically with YAMJ. Not only will YAMJ scrape for poster/fanart it can also grab subs and even trailers for you.

That's interesting sir.  How do you make YAMJ get subtitles?

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
you have to edit the file moviejukebox.properties file.

add this entry;

opensubtitles.language=eng

You have to use the latest version of YAMJ.

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:

add this entry;

hi bro - where will it save the subtitle? under the folder of the movie file?

another question - how can we tell the YAMJ to save the fanart/jpg to the folder of the movie instead in the Jukebox folder?

thanks a lot bro.. :)

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
subs are placed within the folder where the mkv resides.

As for fanart/poster, I don't know how to circumvent that because those are workarounds for use on non-Syabas firmware and I don't have those to play with now.

Offline ravel

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:

add this entry;

Wow, galing! Btw, how about the mkv files that have subtitles already? How would YAMJ deal with those sir?  Thanks again sir.

Offline keeper

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Wow, galing! Btw, how about the mkv files that have subtitles already? How would YAMJ deal with those sir?  Thanks again sir.

wala naman effect ung YAMJ sa mkv's with hardcoded subs. the one suggested by sir scifi-fan is the technical side(meaning u edit some of the YAMJ syntax) of having subs for ur movies.the easiest is to go to the site he suggested and select a sub with the preferred language.once u have the sub na, place it to the folder where u saved the mkv file and make sure ur sub n movie file have the same title format. eg Avatar Bluray.mkv, Avatar Bluray.srt   ;)
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2010 at 11:50 PM by keeper »
ONKYO606.WHARF 10.6,9CM,9DFS,PSW125.TOSH HDA35,XDE500,PCHA200, PANA AX200

Offline keeper

• Collector
  • Liked:

I start with a BDMV (45GB)

I then extract the Video track using Handbrake and reduce the bitrate to half the original size (14~15Mb/sec)

I then use tsMuxeR to extract the HD Audio track and the PGS hi-res subs

I then use mkvmerge to "mux" Video/Audio/Subs into 1 file

I ended up with a file roughly 16~18GB.

sir scifi-fan, pwede na mag play ang A200 ng mkv with hi-def audio? framestor is beginning to have these mkv's with hd audio available, pag ok na ito sa A200, il start acquiring them na.   ;D

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Yes this feature is working now in beta so it will come to public firmware for sure.

I've tried a framstor encode and the receiver detects it's HD Audio track.

Offline keeper

• Collector
  • Liked:
Yes this feature is working now in beta so it will come to public firmware for sure.

I've tried a framstor encode and the receiver detects it's HD Audio track.

oh yeah!!! welcome news indeed!!! ;D
framestor, humanda ka.  ;D 
tapusin ko muna ung Batman Dark Knight full BD. hehe

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
oh yeah!!! welcome news indeed!!! ;D
framestor, humanda ka.  ;D 
tapusin ko muna ung Batman Dark Knight full BD. hehe

If you're gonna spend time on a Framestor, it's better to spend that same amount of time on a Eureka BD ISO.  Mas maganda pa...and mas magaang kesa MKV.

Offline Gsound

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
hi, guys, question lang, na vi-virus din ba ang mediaplayer? kung infected yung flashdrive na naikabit mo? tnx.

Offline keeper

• Collector
  • Liked:
If you're gonna spend time on a Framestor, it's better to spend that same amount of time on a Eureka BD ISO.  Mas maganda pa...and mas magaang kesa MKV.

will take this into consideration sir Clondalkin. saan ba natin pwede i.acquire ang mga Eureka BD ISO, pls pm po.  ;)

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
Mukhang mauunahan pa ng Xtreamer or Mede8er ang A200 sa HD-Audio pass-through ne.   ;)

Any updates Scifi-Fan?   Thanks!

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
We're now in Beta 2.

Feeling ko lang wala na major problems so a RC (Release Candidate) will be coming by next Friday. Given there will be 2 RC rounds, mga 1 month pa before we see a C200 release followed by A200 release 2 weeks later.

Oks lang mauna Mede8er/Xtreamer. Kelangan ng competition talaga para lahat ng produkto gumanda at tayong mamimili ang makinabang.

Ang pinakamahirap maayos sa firmware ng C200 ay ang kakayahan na i-play lahat ng mga retail BD na meron encryption. It's like the C200 is 2 players in one kasi, one to play unencrypted content (MKV/MP4/M2TS/BDMV/TS/AVI) and another meant to supplant a standalone BD player.

Offline chrisrhob

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
^question sir, can the a200 function as a torrent downloader? medyo magastos kasi koryente 700watt PSU ng CPU ko that downloads overnight.

also is it recommended that i use my a200 to download movies? or am i risking a short circuit overheating problem? These are my reasons for buying popcorn hour

hope you guys here can enlighten me. thanks.  :)

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
All PCH models have torrent downloading capability.

It's a internet appliance so it's meant to be on 24x7

Offline renton

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
scifi-fan

Would the Torrent app be upgraded the next release ?
its a little slow, I hope it can do faster downloads :)

I know you mentioned a pc/mac will always be faster. how about the Torrent app in other appliances?
I saw the new Belkin routers having a Torrent app na, I am hoping to get one as an option.

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
I only have a 1.5Mbit DSL line and it can max it out as long as I use good torrent techniques (seeders/private trackers).

ALL internet appliance with torrent applications will be slower than a PC. There's just an so much tweaking one can do with a PC alam natin yan.