Author Topic: Popcorn Hour A-200! Jukebox, Apps Market, Torrent Downloader,3D,Facebook  (Read 156994 times)

Offline Beefy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
scifi-fan

Would the Torrent app be upgraded the next release ?
its a little slow, I hope it can do faster downloads :)

I know you mentioned a pc/mac will always be faster. how about the Torrent app in other appliances?
I saw the new Belkin routers having a Torrent app na, I am hoping to get one as an option.

If it's of any help in deciding on getting the belkin for torrent , I can sustain  12-16Mbit download speed or 1.5-2MB/s on a small commercial NAS which has a very weak processor(500 Mhz Marvell 88F5181 and 64MB RAM).

PC will always be better.
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2010 at 10:18 PM by Beefy »

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
If it's of any help in deciding on getting the belkin for torrent , I can sustain  12-16Mbit download speed or 1.5-2MB/s on a small commercial NAS which has a very weak processor(500 Mhz Marvell 88F5181 and 64MB RAM).

Hi Beefy.  What's your ISP?  You're based in Manila?    Thanks!   

Offline Beefy

• Collector
  • Liked:
Hi Beefy.  What's your ISP?  You're based in Manila?    Thanks!   

PLDT

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
PLDT

May I ask how much ang 16mbps package ng PLDT?  Thanks ulit!

Offline Beefy

• Collector
  • Liked:
May I ask how much ang 16mbps package ng PLDT?  Thanks ulit!

Sorry but there's no 16mbps package. I think the highest is around 3.5Mbps for residential connection.
OT na tayo send me pm for details of my connection.

« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2010 at 09:43 AM by Beefy »

Offline Trevor

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
A little OT but just to butt in:

You might wana check out eastern telecom's new promo. I think their 2mbps is P1,000 per month and 4mbps is aound P1,500 only.

Offline Beefy

• Collector
  • Liked:
Random download to test torrent capability of the PCH using Transmission

I was able to sustain 2.25MB/s or 18mbps. Not bad but way slower than what can be achieved using PC.

« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2010 at 06:04 PM by Beefy »

Offline renton

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Compared to transmissions , how do you find the native torrent client in the PCH ?
I haven't installed or use Transmissions

Offline renton

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
i can't seem to login via ftp to my pch-200, whats the username and password ?

i tried nmt as user and 1234 as passwd
i tried ftp user too.

ftp app is running and even via terminal i can't seem to get the right default passwd.

Offline Beefy

• Collector
  • Liked:
Compared to transmissions , how do you find the native torrent client in the PCH ?
I haven't installed or use Transmissions

I don't know of any "native Torrent client". You have to install transmission, rtorrent, etc to be able to donwload torrent files.

i can't seem to login via ftp to my pch-200, whats the username and password ?

i tried nmt as user and 1234 as passwd
i tried ftp user too.

ftp app is running and even via terminal i can't seem to get the right default passwd.

What are you using to connect via ftp? Did you put the local IP address of the PCH as the host name?
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2010 at 10:33 AM by Beefy »

Offline renton

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
yes i did put the ip address of the PCH and i can see it via term/ping/ftp.
i think its the username and password that wont work.

the pch has a built in torrent when i installed the nmt apps. will transmissions be a better option ?

Offline Beefy

• Collector
  • Liked:
yes i did put the ip address of the PCH and i can see it via term/ping/ftp.
i think its the username and password that wont work.

the pch has a built in torrent when i installed the nmt apps. will transmissions be a better option ?

I'm familiar with transmission that's why I used it for the pch. I use nmt as the name and 1234 as the password
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2010 at 01:10 PM by Beefy »

Offline joshwachubby

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Hello good evening,

I have finally made up my mind and I will go for the A-200 as replacement for my xtreamer. I know well that there are several issues surrounding this player but I am confident that with a powerful chip and a nice community, they can be sorted out. I am just waiting for the latest Firmware to be released then I am gonna contact the thread starter and I am gonna purchase one.

I wanna prepare my files for the YAMJ so that when I finally get the unit I would be able to setup faster than usual. I will use EMBER to prescrape my media. Will ember work with Yamj without problems?? If so, can anybody here show me the steps or settings that will work well with yamj in relation to ember? I can only name one setting in Ember that involves yamj that is "Do not use Save Urls to Nfo" . How about the size of the pictures? Should I reduce it to a lower resolution?? Or can the A-200 using Yamj process posters or fanart at their original sizes/resolutions? It is because in the Xtreamer jukebox, resolutions of such posters and fanarts have to be reduced to enhance its functionality with XT. .

Help would really appreciated. . ;D
Toshiba 55XL700E
Onkyo TX-NR708
Polk Audio RTi A7's, CSi A6's, FXi A4's; DSW PRO 500 Subwoofer

Offline hokage

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
I just took the plunge and got myself a PCH A-200 ;D

anyway, I was trying to setup my YAMJ,
but my YAMJ GUI Config keeps on crashing when its time to select the folder where Jukebox is to be saved.
using YAMJ 2.0, MediaInfo 0.7.34, YAMJ GUI Config 0.51
any help would be appreciated.

thanks!
kuchiyose no jutsu!!!

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
I just took the plunge and got myself a PCH A-200 ;D

anyway, I was trying to setup my YAMJ,
but my YAMJ GUI Config keeps on crashing when its time to select the folder where Jukebox is to be saved.
using YAMJ 2.0, MediaInfo 0.7.34, YAMJ GUI Config 0.51
any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

kaninong guide are you using bro?
have you tried this http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=34371 ?

Offline cHess

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Could anyone post a step by step procedure? Thanks in advance.

Offline hokage

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
kaninong guide are you using bro?
have you tried this http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=34371 ?

Hi sir,

I was trying to follow this
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=35043

will check out the guide you gave

additional question kind sirs
how do you guys organize your files stored in the internal hd

#1:
Root/all files saved here

#2:
Root/Movies/
Root/Series/
Root/Photo/
etc..

#3:
Root/Video/Movies
Root/Video/Series
Root/Photo/
etc..

The reason Im asking is,
I want to find out which set-up is easier to create and maintain YAMJ

thanks!
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2010 at 11:38 AM by hokage »
kuchiyose no jutsu!!!

Offline chrisrhob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=42467&page=1&highlight=aeon+wall

^This what i used for my A-200 with internal HD installed that is formatted with A-200. It worked well, i ended up having the Aeon wall +  Sabish Mods, round corners, lowlist, glass look etc ^_^

This is what i did:
1. enable the network share on A-200
2. browse over my PC network to see if share is visible
3. mapped the root of the share of my A-200 to a drive letter
4. Extract the Jukebox folder at my root drive C:\
5. Run the YAMJ GUI Config v0.51 as admin
6. point to the drive letter i mapped (i.e. P:\)
7. Select "on the NMT's Hard Disk = SATA_DISK
8. Location of where jukebox is stored is the drive i mapped (i.e. P:\)
9. Click Add, Entered nothing, pressed ok
10. Click Save, then ran the cmd file it produced as admin.

The scraping would start then as it finished, browsed over to my a200 and aeon was installed. If you encounter java related errors, try to make sure you have java installed. To download java, google java download for link.

Hope this helps.

My only problem now is finding a decent scrapper...

Does anyone here have a donor build of YANFOE that works? the beta has a lot of bugs. I cant seem to get EMBER Media Manager working. Pa pm naman link for a working Yanfoe that allows me to edit TV shows
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2010 at 02:03 PM by chrisrhob »

Offline chrisrhob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
@hokage

I have 3 main folders

\MUSIC
\PICTURES
\VIDEOS

Under Videos, i separate my concerts, movies, tv shows so it looks like this
\VIDEOS\CONCERTS
\VIDEOS\MOVIES
\VIDEOS\TV SHOWS

My reason for this is that since i have lots of concert videos and that they dont usually get picked up when i try to scrape data for them, I use yanfoe to manually create poster and fan arts for my concert folder. Its faster that way for me and mas madali organize. Pag nag yanfoe ako, directory lang ng concerts naka add para maka create ako ng NFO nila para ma exempt sila sa scraping ng yamj

Offline erwinf

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Question lang, I'm planning on getting an A-200. How much is current price? And where is the best place to get one? Thanks!

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Hi Scifi-fan,

Ive been testing a whole bunch of BDMV Structure and BD ISO using the A200 since last night and quite interestingly, all BD ISO files (about 20 titles mostly the latest BD releases) are showing DTSHD 48.0 kHz on the INFO.  Some demo DTS-HD contents (from CES, etc.) are also showing DTSHD 48.0 kHz.  On the other hand, the BDMV Structures are showing DTS 48.0kHz

My AVR is a Yamaha DSP-AX1 - older than most of your kids here  ;D and only indicates DTS.

What is this supposed to mean? Is the A200 actually detecting/bitstreaming DTSHD from those BD ISOs to the AX1?

Thanks!

OT:  still awed at the PQ of the remastered Gladiator.  Really really black blacks.   hehehe
« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2010 at 07:03 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
Hi Scifi-fan,

Ive been testing a whole bunch of BDMV Structure and BD ISO using the A200 since last night and quite interestingly, all BD ISO files (about 20 titles mostly the latest BD releases) are showing DTSHD 48.0 kHz on the INFO.  Some demo DTS-HD contents (from CES, etc.) are also showing DTSHD 48.0 kHz.  On the other hand, the BDMV Structures are showing DTS 48.0kHz

My AVR is a Yamaha DSP-AX1 - older than most of your kids here  ;D and only indicates DTS.

What is this supposed to mean? Is the A200 actually detecting/bitstreaming DTSHD from those BD ISOs to the AX1?

Thanks!

OT:  still awed at the PQ of the remastered Gladiator.  Really really black blacks.   hehehe

Clondalkin, That bit about BD ISO and DTS-HD is interesting. Guess I'll find out when I upgrade to a receiver with HD-Audio soon. hehe  ;D

If the A200 really gets DTS-HD from BD ISO, all the more reason to get ISO over BDMV, aside from the more "compact" size. Cheers!  ;D

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Clondalkin, That bit about BD ISO and DTS-HD is interesting. Guess I'll find out when I upgrade to a receiver with HD-Audio soon. hehe  ;D

If the A200 really gets DTS-HD from BD ISO, all the more reason to get ISO over BDMV, aside from the more "compact" size. Cheers!  ;D

Good morning Mr. Gaol.  I was actually thinking about you.  hehehe.

Offline firestorm

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Hi Scifi-fan,

Thanks!

Hi, are the demo contents in BDISO or BDMV? Maybe you could try converting one BDMV structure movie into BD ISO format to see if it will detect DTSHD or the other way around extract BD ISO to BDMV structure to see if it is till DTSHD.

It will help to see if it's because of the format BDMV or BDISO or the title itself that causes the detection of DTSHD.

Thanks.

Offline firestorm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Did a little search and I think I found why BDISO bitstreams DTS-HD while BDMV structure doesn't.

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=38741

"The A-200 will bitstream HD audio from any BDMV you have made yourself (eg using ClownBD or tsMuxeR) or any commercial BD that does NOT have BD-Java menus. For BDMVs with BD-J menus the A-200 uses the fileplayer (as BD-Lite) and not the discplayer, and so no HD audio bitstreamed. I'm betting that HD audio will work from BD-Lite and from standalone TS/M2TS files with the same firmware update; though MKV may take a little longer.

However, the A-200 will downsample EVERYTHING to stereo analogue if you want it to; you won't ever need to mux in any additional tracks. Every BD TrueHD track already comes with an interleaved AC3 track; and every DTS-HD track has a legacy DTS core. And every PCM track comes with an AC3 or DTS track. So you'll be covered. The only exception would be when you're dealing with MKV, in which case I don't think the C-200 can see the HD track at all and you would need a separate legacy track. But it sounds like you're just using BDMV so you should be fine. "

I'm guessing the BDISOs are the custom ones made by Eureka (so no more BD-Java menus or any menu at all) while the BDMV are full rips with BD-Java menus intact. You could still try the suggestion I made in the previous post just to confirm. Thanks.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Hi Firestorm.  Yes BD ISO yung mga demo contents.

As brilliant and current Eureka BD ISOs are, I'd just let him do the encoding work.  hehehe.   Saan kaya ako makakahiram ng bagong AVR.   ;D

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
C200 firmware that fixes HD audio in single m2ts/mkv files is going to be released next week already. That means A200 will follow a week later.

Without a AVR capable of detecting HD Audio using BDMV/BD ISO all you'll get is;

- DTS "Core" if you're playing back a movie with DTS-HD track.

- Dolby TrueHD naman doesn't have "core" AC3 so you have to select another track.

There's no way to output HD Audio unless you have a AVR that decodes it. The bandwidth is just too big so optical won't work. A200 doesn't have/support decoding of HD Audio so there's no way to get it out from the A200 via component RCA.

As for the 48kHz thingy sa info.. that's just the sampling rate, no relation to identifying whether a track is indeed lossless or not.
« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2010 at 12:31 PM by scifi-fan »

Offline firestorm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Hi Firestorm.  Yes BD ISO yung mga demo contents.

As brilliant and current Eureka BD ISOs are, I'd just let him do the encoding work.  hehehe.   Saan kaya ako makakahiram ng bagong AVR.   ;D

Hi, what I was suggesting is just packing the BDMV structure into a BD ISO there is no encoding involved. Use Imgburn to build the ISO by adding the directory with the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders. It would take around 25-30 minutes. Thanks.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Hi, what I was suggesting is just packing the BDMV structure into a BD ISO there is no encoding involved. Use Imgburn to build the ISO by adding the directory with the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders. It would take around 25-30 minutes. Thanks.

Hehehe.  I know what you meant Firestorm but Im fine with awesome image quality and audible (legacy) sound.  Just got totally curious when every single BD ISO I played showed DTSHD on the INFO while BDMV Structures simply indicated DTS.

Offline firestorm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Hehehe.  I know what you meant Firestorm but Im fine with awesome image quality and audible (legacy) sound.  Just got totally curious when every single BD ISO I played showed DTSHD on the INFO while BDMV Structures simply indicated DTS.

even though your AVR only supports legacy audio it's a high end model so I'm sure the sound is great. I'm just interested in what the popcorn hour a200's capabilities are. Because my brother will be needing a NMT in the near future.  So no more full BDs for you and BD25 ISOs all the way now?

Thanks.