Author Topic: Popcorn Hour A-200! Jukebox, Apps Market, Torrent Downloader,3D,Facebook  (Read 157067 times)

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I wouldnt stop having both full BDs and BD25 ISOs as long as I like the title and they play properly WITH clear sound.

But Im really hoping that the popcorn team would finally come out with a stable HD audio bitstreaming fix soonest - kahit wala akong AVR  na tama... ;D

Offline Beefy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Any updates on the new firmware with Hd Audio support on single files? Paging sci-fi fan
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2010 at 04:13 PM by Beefy »

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
Just got word there will be another Release Candidate so that pushes back the C200 firmware another week and the A200 a week after.

Syabas introducing some new low level flash drivers in the firmware na in theory will reduce the chance of a bad flash requiring the unit to be returned for repair.

Offline Beefy

• Collector
  • Liked:
Just got word there will be another Release Candidate so that pushes back the C200 firmware another week and the A200 a week after.

Syabas introducing some new low level flash drivers in the firmware na in theory will reduce the chance of a bad flash requiring the unit to be returned for repair.

I hope they release it soon. I'm running out of space  ;D Need to convert Bds to MKVs with HD audio.

Sent you pm

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Better start now... I hate the process, soooobrang tagal using my PC laptop :(

Offline Beefy

• Collector
  • Liked:
Few minutes lang on a quad core using makemkv  ;) I'm sure mkvs with Hd audio will start to pop up on private trackers once the firmware becomes public.

What's the processor of your laptop and what program are you using? Just want to get an idea of the conversion time.
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2010 at 12:03 AM by Beefy »

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Few minutes lang on a quad core using makemkv  ;) I'm sure mkvs with Hd audio will start to pop up on private trackers once the firmware becomes public.

What's the processor of your laptop and what program are you using? Just want to get an idea of the conversion time.

I'm using a beater laptop from the office it's just a plain jane Acer P4. It takes me around 3~4 hours per BD using MakeMKV.

If I opt to reduce the video bitrate to save space, it takes 12 hours to re-encode :(

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Hello Scifi-fan

Fixed na ba sa bagong FW ang Header Removal Compression?  or dati nang fixed?   :)

Di pa rin yata fixed sa Realtek based players.

« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2010 at 10:32 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
MKV Header compression is addressed on the upcoming firmware.

It really caught a lot by surprise.

For those who don't know, mkvtools 4.2 implemented header compression during encodes that used to be OFF by default. Now it's on so some players can't play files muxed using mkvtools 4.2 unless the user intentionally turns header compression off for each job.

C200 firmware release imminent so A200 users will get new firmware next Friday.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
MKV Header compression is addressed on the upcoming firmware.

It really caught a lot by surprise.

For those who don't know, mkvtools 4.2 implemented header compression during encodes that used to be OFF by default. Now it's on so some players can't play files muxed using mkvtools 4.2 unless the user intentionally turns header compression off for each job.

I guess that proves that encoders do their stuff primarily for the PC - if it works on the PC, great - bahala na ang hardware media players to follow.   Thing is, header removal compression has always been specified within the Matroska guidelines, which is like over 5 years old na yata.  

I think this specific issue is of greater level of inconvenience and annoyance to mainstream NMT owners than the lack of support for HD audio, hence should be addressed with higher priority.   These days, whenever a new release is uploaded sa torrent site, very common na questions sa forums like, "meron bang sound sa WDTV?", "meron bang pic sa Xtreamer", "meron bang picture and/or image sa Mede8er."..and if you have a Tsip sa bahay na maangal agad...hehehe..USE THE PC.. ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2010 at 07:49 AM by Clondalkin »

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3200)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2689
bakit merong mkv file di kaya iplay ng a200 pero kaya iplay ng vlc sa pc?
meron din iba naman slow motion ang playback sa a200  ???
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
bakit merong mkv file di kaya iplay ng a200 pero kaya iplay ng vlc sa pc?

Header Removal Compression.  Maski Mede8er same problem.  So PC talaga tigasin.   ;)
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2010 at 12:33 PM by Clondalkin »

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Header Removal Compression.  Maski Mede8er same problem.  So PC talaga tigasin.   ;)

me solution ba ito sir?

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
me solution ba ito sir?

Remux the file using an older version of MKVToolnix.  You can google about the procedure.  Isang pasada lang.  Kung baga sa Excel or Word file, tipong si-nave mo lang from a newer version of Excel/Word to an older version.   ;)

But it would be easier if you just watch muna sa PC those kinds of files until the NMT makers release the fix in their future FW.  Hopefully.

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
ganito rin sir ung solution sa nag slow motion playback?

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
ganito rin sir ung solution sa nag slow motion playback?

That one I dont know.  Hehehe.    Slow motion as in stuttery? or out of synch with audio?

What specific file para masiyasat ko dine?

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
sana makuha ng new fw update ung MKV Header compression  ::)

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Yes... mkv header compression fix is included in the firmware. Dapat this week i-release siya.

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
Remux the file using an older version of MKVToolnix.  You can google about the procedure.  Isang pasada lang.  Kung baga sa Excel or Word file, tipong si-nave mo lang from a newer version of Excel/Word to an older version.   ;)

But it would be easier if you just watch muna sa PC those kinds of files until the NMT makers release the fix in their future FW.  Hopefully.

Was able to do this using the newest version of MKVToolnix but you have to manually click "none" for Compression.  Have converted quite a few titles already with satisfying results.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Was able to do this using the newest version of MKVToolnix but you have to manually click "none" for Compression.  Have converted quite a few titles already with satisfying results.

Yes you are right.  Pero if you can get MKVTOOLNIX Ver. 4.0.0, then no need to manually set compression.  Derechong remux nalang.

From Ver. 4.1.0 and later, you have to manually disable the compression of all tracks through the Extra Options tab first, and then remux.

At least meron working solution as of now, aside from re-downloading the content.  ;).  Very much preferred na rin ng Wife na manood through NMT kasi mas madali and fixed na sa TV...hehehe.

Offline andre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
curiuos lang, how does the popcorn hour 3d works? anybody?

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
curiuos lang, how does the popcorn hour 3d works? anybody?

3 Dimension?  Well if someone is curious, Clash of the Titans 3D and Final Destination 3D can be downloaded in mkv.  It might work with one of your 3D glasses.
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2010 at 12:13 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline andre

• Collector
  • Liked:
Movie should be stereoscopic to acheive true realD 3d, not the colored red or blue glasses ones,
I wonder what kind of partnership they have with RealD, How would Popcorn Hour play sidebyside mkvs?

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Hamot susubukan natin.  Clash of the Titans 3D and some docs are stereoscopic according to the uploader.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Test playback of Clash of the Titans 3D BD Iso via A200

Asa pa no?  Hehehe

Got the mkv version  of COTT 3D too but the left and right side images are literally 2 mkv files that require a stereoscopic player to be played simultaneously.  I think the PC should be able to handle that, but not an NMT yet.

Offline andre

• Collector
  • Liked:
so its final, popcorn cant play 3d or stereoscopic movies, thanks for testing.
stereoscopic player for pc require huge pc resources, imagine playing 2 1080p movies simultaneously.
my weak pc cant play it smoothly. I was hoping someday nmt would one day play 3d or stereoscopic.

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Yes... mkv header compression fix is included in the firmware. Dapat this week i-release siya.

sana meron na ito by friday  :-\

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Actually, the firmware was available for online update last night.

The process is for Syabas Quality Assurance team (QA) to put the firmware on for testing the online update feature. I was able to update mine (took 4 hours) but I was successful.

I don't know if it's still available now because they only leave the firmware on for a short time and pull it again for formal launch.

Rest assured since I was able to update, it will most definitely be released within the next few days.

There are some issues though so always keep a backup of the May firmware on USB disc just in case.

Offline ert

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
you better check this out! can't wait for it! :D
« Reply #418 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 08:44 AM »
Upcoming firmware this October!
can't wait for it finally! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7O6sDfbTik&feature=player_embedded

Playback a NMJ Created Music Playlist in the background.
Category View (Show Recently watched section, Bookmark, Quick Search, Delete Lock feature, Manual Scan,.......)
Wall view (Show the browsing Speed, Categories, Search,.........) (currently only avaible for the Video Section, Music and Photo Section will get it later)
Parental Control (Show how you can hide your movies from your Kids)
Edit Function for wrong aggregated movies (IMDB Search by Name + Year, or by IMDB ID)
Apps Center (Install, Update, Remove,....)
Add some music with Queue Function

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: you better check this out! can't wait for it! :D
« Reply #419 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 11:16 AM »
Upcoming firmware this October!
can't wait for it finally! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7O6sDfbTik&feature=player_embedded

Playback a NMJ Created Music Playlist in the background.
Category View (Show Recently watched section, Bookmark, Quick Search, Delete Lock feature, Manual Scan,.......)
Wall view (Show the browsing Speed, Categories, Search,.........) (currently only avaible for the Video Section, Music and Photo Section will get it later)
Parental Control (Show how you can hide your movies from your Kids)
Edit Function for wrong aggregated movies (IMDB Search by Name + Year, or by IMDB ID)
Apps Center (Install, Update, Remove,....)
Add some music with Queue Function

nice, thanks for the heads-up!