Author Topic: Popcorn Hour A-200! Jukebox, Apps Market, Torrent Downloader,3D,Facebook  (Read 157089 times)

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3200)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2689
kasama na kaya sa firmware ung mkv header compression fix?
just tried playing a file last night, sa vlc lumabas ung subtitles (srt file) pero sa a200 hindi lumabas ung subtitle, bakit kaya?
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
MKV header compression fix is included.

As for SRT (external file);

- is the srt file the same name as the mkv (example movie.mkv so srt should be named movie.srt)
- you can load it using jubler to check and re-save it.

The A200 firmware has been delayed because it's been decided the issues on the last C200 firmware release was too glaring to let slip through.

Once A200 firmware is released and solves the issues faced by C200 owners (resume, hdmi issues) then it will be ported UP to the C200.

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
same name sir nagwork naman siya nung niplay ko using vlc player sa pc

Offline rcci

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
tried filename, mkv and srt files in one subdirectory and worked on my A200.
Harbeth Compact 7-es3

Offline mher70

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Any feedback on 1080p streaming using wn-150 with A-200?

Update: Success using just the cdr king wifi N

sir galing po ako sa cdr king yesterday sabi sa akin hindi raw po pwede yun wifi nila kasi may installer cd ??? paano po kaya pagaganahin sa C-200? ty.

Offline Beefy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:

sir galing po ako sa cdr king yesterday sabi sa akin hindi raw po pwede yun wifi nila kasi may installer cd ??? paano po kaya pagaganahin sa C-200? ty.

No need for the cd. The pch will automatically detect the dongle

Offline mher70

• Collector
  • Liked:
No need for the cd. The pch will automatically detect the dongle

kahit na po anong model doon ng wifi dongle nila?

Offline joshwachubby

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
New September 21 FW out on QA testing FYI. . .New FW manages to fix the bookmarks and passthrough issues. This is by far the most solid FW on the a200 :)
Toshiba 55XL700E
Onkyo TX-NR708
Polk Audio RTi A7's, CSi A6's, FXi A4's; DSW PRO 500 Subwoofer

Offline mher70

• Collector
  • Liked:
guyz need your help.

na install ko na yung Applications. gumagana na yung mga Torrent etc. kaso sa USB ko ininstall kasi pag sa HD ayaw gumana. pano ko po kaya maiinstall  sa HD ko na 1TB yung mga applications? pag Typical Setup ayaw gumana. no updates available daw. pag Media Setup laging after mag next. Tapos kagad.

hindi ko naman po ma Reformat kasi mawawala yung laman ng HD ko. help please.
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2010 at 07:44 PM by mher70 »

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
That's because your HD was formatted to NTFS.

The NMT Apps are on the USB stick because they can only reside on a ext2 (linux) partition.

Basically what it all boils down to is that you want to use the torrent application to download but you want the downloaded stuff saved on the internal HD (not the USB stick).

YES that is possible.

Go to Setup > Maintenance and run the NMT setup wizard again.

- This time select the "MEDIA" option.

When it asks where the MEDIA device is, point it to the Hard Drive (not the USB).

What will happen is that it will create the following folders on your NTFS formatted HD;

Apps
Photo
Video
Music
Download <---- your torrent downloads will go here automatically.

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Finally...

Na release na A200 firmware.

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=44499&pid=418251#pid418251

Enjoy HD Audio on single files.

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Finally...

Na release na A200 firmware.

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=44499&pid=418251#pid418251

Enjoy HD Audio on single files.

thanks, now downloading ;D
sana kasama dito ung mkv header compression fix
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2010 at 06:36 PM by anya618 »

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
thanks, now downloading ;D
sana kasama dito ung mkv header compression fix

Hello Anya.

HAPPY?

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Hello Anya.

HAPPY?

nagupdate lang ako sir di ko pa natesting ;D

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
nagupdate lang ako sir di ko pa natesting ;D

OK, but your A200 is not bricked right?   hehehe...and playable files dont suddenly become unplayable.

I read somewhere parang bumagal daw ang response.

I might try the new FW during the weekend.

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
OK, but your A200 is not bricked right?   hehehe...and playable files dont suddenly become unplayable.

I read somewhere parang bumagal daw ang response.

I might try the new FW during the weekend.

try ko later tonight ;D

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
There is a bug with the SimpleBD on the new firmware causing stutter.

The workaround is to go to SETUP > BD/DVD/CD and change the navigation from SimpleBD to SimpleBD + AVCHD.

That should fix it.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
OK.  Initial impressions of the new A-200 FW.

Very very good.  It's major major good!   ;D  

Im finally seeing words like DOLBY TRUEHD and DTSHD in all my pure BD rips.  Good thing I can hear some DTS audio if it says DTSHD  :) - but it's totally quiet when it says DOLBY TRUEHD.    :(  

Anyone can lend me an HD capable AVR?   ;D

The subtitle font is absolutely gorgeous finally, but I notice font size and position adjustments were gone.  Fine I guess because the position of the subs is locked at a good level regardless of video zoom.

Let's see if the header removal compression workaround is really working around.
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2010 at 09:32 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Subtitle adjustments are hidden...

Press SUBTITLE button

Press down arrow until you see COLOR

Press RIGHT arrow button to change it out of "auto" into black/white.

Once out of auto you can press the DOWN button to access size and positioning.

As for TrueHD, there's no capability to extract interleaved DD track so without HD Audio capable AVR, your file will not output sound. Medyo tricky ang TrueHD because some rippers don't support interleaved DD unlike DTS-HD which has a core DTS track.
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2010 at 03:14 AM by scifi-fan »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Subtitle adjustments are hidden...

As for TrueHD, there's no capability to extract interleaved DD track so without HD Audio capable AVR, your file will not output sound. Medyo tricky ang TrueHD because some rippers don't support interleaved DD unlike DTS-HD which has a core DTS track.

For TrueHD, actually I have some pure BD rips that output audio in DD (those with "embedded" AC3 5.1 according to the info).  Transformers TrueHD (BD ISO) is one and I was able to confirm last night - TrueHD on the INFO, DD on my AVR.  Then this is kinda strange. I knew Paycheck TrueHD (BDMV Structure) was playing with DD with the old FW as I watched it fully.  However with the new FW, the INFO now indicates TrueHD - but silent mode.  I can possibly select the DD audiostreams but they are all in various European and Asian languages.  hmmmmm....any audio settings you can recommend when watching something with TrueHD? 

Most importantly, WHERE are the audio settings related directly to DTSHDMA and/or TrueHD?  I could not find them in the Set-Up yet, unlike in my old Egreat31B where it explicitly indicates "DTSHD Passthrough".

One more observation.   Now, the sound output of my vintage DSP-AX1 is distinctively louder if I play an MKV with DTS 1.5mbps, than if I play a pure BD rip with DTSHD.  This is very obvious especially with BD concerts.  Also, the audio bitrate indicated on the INFO is only around 0.75mbps or half that of the DTS core?  Why is that?  Well, it's not really a bother because my AX1 cannot decode DTSHD in the first place, and it's just a matter of cranking up the volume.   At least it tells me there seems to be some differences in the sound output.   ;)

Thanks for the SUBTITLE tip.  That's not very intuitive...hahaha.  My Wife would be totally happy.  hehehe.

On the negative side, medyo parang bumagal nga ang response, generally speaking, but not a big deal as long as the playback is reliable and since the A200 was never that fast to begin with.    Speed champion pa rin ang Mede8er.   ;)

In any case, Im happy with this FW update so far.   As they say in the UK and Ireland, properly happy.   :)

Thanks thanks thanks.

OT:  While I was updating the FW, as the screen turned full blue showing the percentage of update in the middle, I witnessed how my plasma gradually got rid of IR.  The update process took less than 10 mins and it was cool to see the unwanted shadows of the A200's main menu slowly disappearing on the blue screen.  hehehe.  
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2010 at 06:31 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Basically the SETUP > Audio/Video menu is new.

There's no more option to select 5.1 or Stereo for HDMI output. It's all just Passthrough or Downmix to stereo.

Passthrough means let the AVR handle it. Downmix for everything else.

The INFO button is still not reliable that I agree, it's still needs more work because the sampling and stream size is not accurate.

Actually there is still a bug that I am keeping track off so that it get fixed like PCM 5.1 doesn't work. If you have BDMVs with 5.1 PCM tracks, they will only output stereo even if the AVR detects 6 channels from the stream.

As for the speed, that's a given that Realteks will be a bit faster because their SDK only allows developers to "skin" them. Every realtek player has the same menu options/playback system while Sigma based players are given just the tools so every piece of functionality must be written for them. That means mas mahirap mag-program ng Sigma but you're not restricted to what you can do. That's why Sigma media players can do infinitely more than any Realtek can ever achieve.

We're now on Beta2 for the NMJ (Jukebox) and so far things are progressing nicely on that front.

At this phase of the firmware development the A200 is actually ahead of the C200 so now I prefer to use the A200 on my HT setup rather than the C200 which still has some nasty bugs.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Workaround on Header Removal Compression - So far so good.  Wala pang paltos.  Hello Anya!   :)

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
For a BDMV Structure folder, how do I manually choose the m2ts file to play?  In other words, how do I bring out the contents of the folder?

Im asking because I was checking a Special Features (Disk 2) pure BD rip which is supposed to contain around 90 minutes of extra stuff but could only watch 1 complete 30-min clip which I suppose is just a single m2ts among many m2ts' contained in the 44GB folder.

I read somewhere that the colored buttons on the remote would do the trick but havent figured it out.

Thanks!

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
If I remember right you have to go to Setup > BD/DVD/CD Audio and set Navigation to File View.

This means you have to navigate to the BDMV/STREAMS folder and you can see each individual m2ts file.

Without BD Menu capability, that's the limit of the A200 using SimpleBD playback.

There are some BD titles that don't use Java so in those cases SimpleBD will display the menu and allow access to special features.
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2010 at 01:49 PM by scifi-fan »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
If I remember right you have to go to Setup > BD/DVD/CD Audio and set Navigation to File View.

This means you have to navigate to the BDMV/STREAMS folder and you can see each individual m2ts file.

Thanks scifi-fan, yeah browsing the contents of the STREAMS folder is what I wish to do, then try to select the m2ts files to see what comes out.  Will give it a try tonight.   Ta-ta!

Offline Allan_2180

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
HI! need help po... bago lang po ako sa A-200 and I tried using the Internet Radio.
ask ko lang po bakit wala po info ng Song Titles and Artists sa info bar or kahit sa background?
just got my unit last week lang po and I think latest naman po ang firmware(02-03-100918-21-POP-411 (02-03-100427-21-POP-411 Apps).
Sa dati ko pong Xtreamer, same internet radio channel din pero nadi-display naman po lahat ng song titles at artists. Tnx!
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2010 at 08:22 AM by Allan_2180 »
Panasonic 42ST30
Optoma HD33
PCH-A200
Yamaha Aventage A810
Wharfedale 9.6+9CM+9DFS
US Audio 512D

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
AFAIC that's the default for Internet Radio.

There's also a shoutcast application but you have to go into Webservices > Apps to see it (same menu where Youtube is)

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Worked great!  Ang haba and dami pala ng Special Features ng movie na yon.   :)  Thanks!

Offline Allan_2180

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
AFAIC that's the default for Internet Radio.

There's also a shoutcast application but you have to go into Webservices > Apps to see it (same menu where Youtube is)

Also noticed all Network Shares(MyiHome Server...SMB) and Internet streams(Internet Radio, Shoutcast) embed the song/movie name and title in the stream. I think this extra information confuses the A-200. kasi lumalabas sa info bar set of numbers and letters na parang encrypted code yata....
Thanks! I guess I'll just have to wait for a new A-200 firmware.  :-\
« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2010 at 05:55 PM by Allan_2180 »
Panasonic 42ST30
Optoma HD33
PCH-A200
Yamaha Aventage A810
Wharfedale 9.6+9CM+9DFS
US Audio 512D

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Workaround on Header Removal Compression - So far so good.  Wala pang paltos.  Hello Anya!   :)

natry ko rin ung mga ayaw gumana sa hdx1000 nagwork sa a200  :D