Author Topic: NMT audio/subtitle questions  (Read 9791 times)

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Re: NMT audio/subtitle questions
« Reply #30 on: Apr 29, 2010 at 01:38 PM »
seemingly weird -- pero baka inisplit mo yung audio out bro, at na ka connect sa separate amps?  ::)
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2670
« Reply #31 on: Apr 29, 2010 at 01:43 PM »
seemingly weird -- pero baka inisplit mo yung audio out bro, at na ka connect sa separate amps?  ::)

no sir sa pc ko lang niplay using vlc. me separate audio kasi siya na english, the one included in the video is in russian language. so pag play ko ng video two audios naririnig ko (both english and russian)
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #32 on: Apr 29, 2010 at 04:36 PM »
Bros, how can I fix an mkv file that obviously on screen shows the lip movement is not in sync with the voice/dialogue output?

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 383
« Reply #33 on: Apr 29, 2010 at 07:47 PM »
@jackryan ....... You can use mkvmerge for this synching audio with the video as well.

See the Format Specific Options tab .... you can delay/advance the audio file to synch with your video.

Some tips:
1.) Prior to the actual mkvmerge, you can check the time needed (this is quite tricky since audio synching is usually in msec and we all want it to fit just right with the video) using VLC or KMP >> See track synchronization option.
2.)  Once you get the time delay/advance needed (example: +2msec), you can now use mkvmerge for synching during remuxing.

<Optional>
3.) Since we dont want to remux a whole movie only to find out in the end that it's still not synched (or needs a bit more finetuning), I suggest you use the SPLIT option of mkvmerge so you only remux a small portion of the movie .... this would be enough for you to check if it's synched just right. Say remux only the first 3 minutes of the movie. Based on my experience, its more efficient this way.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Apr 29, 2010 at 08:00 PM »
no sir sa pc ko lang niplay using vlc. me separate audio kasi siya na english, the one included in the video is in russian language. so pag play ko ng video two audios naririnig ko (both english and russian)

@anya618
Normally the mkv movies we get from our friendly russian 'sites' have russian audio (russian audio dubbed over the original audio & not created separately) as the default ..... just select the English-only audio from the VLC Menu .... Audio > Audio Track.

Hope it's this simple ........ if problem is something else, post back the details.

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #35 on: Apr 30, 2010 at 10:43 AM »
@jackryan ....... You can use mkvmerge for this synching audio with the video as well.

See the Format Specific Options tab .... you can delay/advance the audio file to synch with your video.

Some tips:
1.) Prior to the actual mkvmerge, you can check the time needed (this is quite tricky since audio synching is usually in msec and we all want it to fit just right with the video) using VLC or KMP >> See track synchronization option.
2.)  Once you get the time delay/advance needed (example: +2msec), you can now use mkvmerge for synching during remuxing.

<Optional>
3.) Since we dont want to remux a whole movie only to find out in the end that it's still not synched (or needs a bit more finetuning), I suggest you use the SPLIT option of mkvmerge so you only remux a small portion of the movie .... this would be enough for you to check if it's synched just right. Say remux only the first 3 minutes of the movie. Based on my experience, its more efficient this way.

thanks bro :)

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2010 at 02:46 PM »
@anya618
Normally the mkv movies we get from our friendly russian 'sites' have russian audio (russian audio dubbed over the original audio & not created separately) as the default ..... just select the English-only audio from the VLC Menu .... Audio > Audio Track.

Hope it's this simple ........ if problem is something else, post back the details.

paano sir kung sa NMT like popcorn hour gagamitin? I have downloaded die hard with a vengeance but I also encounter the same problem. both russian and english ang audio.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010 at 02:26 PM »
paano sir kung sa NMT like popcorn hour gagamitin? I have downloaded die hard with a vengeance but I also encounter the same problem. both russian and english ang audio.

Pre, you can select the AUDIO stream you want using the POPCORN HOUR ...... press "AUDIO" on the remote control.

Medyo hassle lang, lalo na kapag Russian audio ang DEFAULT ...... to avoid this small hassle, better remux your movie using MKVMERGE ....... remove all non-English audio streams & subtitles.

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2010 at 08:55 PM »
Pre, you can select the AUDIO stream you want using the POPCORN HOUR ...... press "AUDIO" on the remote control.

Medyo hassle lang, lalo na kapag Russian audio ang DEFAULT ...... to avoid this small hassle, better remux your movie using MKVMERGE ....... remove all non-English audio streams & subtitles.

+1 ser ;)

Offline nelo

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NMT subtitle questions
« Reply #39 on: Jul 14, 2010 at 11:41 PM »
Madali lang ito pre ......

1.) Use mediainfo to know the framerate of your movie (e.g. 23.976 fps).
2.) Download the subtitle with the same framerate.
     2.1) To check if synched, just rename the subs to the same filename of the movie then play in VLC
     2.2) If unsynched, you can use subtitle workshop to delay/advance the subs so they can synch
3.) Merge with mkvmerge.

Note. If unable to find subtitles with the same movie framerate, just download what is available (e.g. 25fps). You can also use subtitle workshop to convert the framerate of the subs.

PM lang if you need some more help.

great tip, tried it myself and the movie plays perfectly now with subs. thanks newwaveboy!

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jul 13, 2011 at 08:15 PM »
question ulit mga sir, ang subtitle ba pareho for mkv and mp4 format?

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Mar 04, 2012 at 10:18 AM »
share ko lang ung mga hindi ko mahanap na subtitles dito ko nahanap sa site na to especially the chinese movies ;D

http://www.podnapisi.net/en/ppodnapisi/najnovejsi/v/1/tbsl/2
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2012 at 10:18 AM by anya618 »

Offline Miguel^

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Mar 18, 2012 at 01:04 PM »
share ko lang ung mga hindi ko mahanap na subtitles dito ko nahanap sa site na to especially the chinese movies ;D

http://www.podnapisi.net/en/ppodnapisi/najnovejsi/v/1/tbsl/2
hey thanks a lot!

I got three kurosawa HD films w/o subs (ikiru, hidden fortress, red beard) that I couldn't find anywhere, but viola they got it there (retimed 1 or 2, but its all there)

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2012 at 09:58 AM »
anyone experiencing delayed/advanced subtitles after pausing the video?

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Oct 29, 2012 at 09:20 PM »
question lang, ano meaning pag meron nakalagay na HI sa subtitles? minsan naman meron nakalagay HI REMOVED

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Oct 29, 2012 at 09:44 PM »
question lang, ano meaning pag meron nakalagay na HI sa subtitles? minsan naman meron nakalagay HI REMOVED

HI means Hearing Impaired subtitles ..... those extra-detailed subtitles e.g [PEOPLE CHEERING], [COUGHS], [TOM: Give me the gun], etc

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Oct 29, 2012 at 09:47 PM »
HI means Hearing Impaired subtitles ..... those extra-detailed subtitles e.g [PEOPLE CHEERING], [COUGHS], [TOM: Give me the gun], etc

thanks for the info sir ^-^

Offline coastal

• Trade Count: (+265)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Oct 30, 2012 at 10:00 AM »
Tried the site you recommended Sir Philip pero wala ding subtitle for Tokyo Species though I finally got one for Sadako, Juan de la Muerte, Casa Mi Padre and even Solstorm. Sang lupalop kaya meron nito???

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Oct 30, 2012 at 11:26 AM »
Tried the site you recommended Sir Philip pero wala ding subtitle for Tokyo Species though I finally got one for Sadako, Juan de la Muerte, Casa Mi Padre and even Solstorm. Sang lupalop kaya meron nito???

wala din ako makita sir, nacurious ako kung sino nasa tokyo species - now i know ^-^

Offline coastal

• Trade Count: (+265)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Oct 30, 2012 at 12:05 PM »
Ang corny nga nung pelikulang ito pero mabuti na lang dl lang. Kaso mabuti na rin na naintindihan mo yung sinasabi. At least ngayun naintindihan ko na yung Sadako!

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Oct 30, 2012 at 12:08 PM »
Ang corny nga nung pelikulang ito pero mabuti na lang dl lang. Kaso mabuti na rin na naintindihan mo yung sinasabi. At least ngayun naintindihan ko na yung Sadako!

ok lang sir andun naman si maria ozawa ^-^

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Oct 31, 2012 at 10:17 AM »
I just tried Half SBS 3D subtitle conversion by 3D Subtitler.

I used a +3 depth setting.  Maganda sana, kaya lang nakakahilo pala pag may natiyempong pop-out image sa movie na pumatong sa subtitles.  But as long as subtitles never go behind the 3D image, maganda naman.
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2012 at 08:14 PM by barrister »