Author Topic: Sanyo Vizzon 42K40-HD  (Read 2870 times)

Offline movieadik

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Sanyo Vizzon 42K40-HD
« on: Jun 25, 2010 at 06:22 PM »
Hi, can anybody comment on this model? Seen it at SM appliance for about P40K. 42in LCD full HD. Im planning to connect it with my PC which has a HDMI connection already builtin into the MBoard or I'll just use my DVI graphics card. Im also planning to purchase a blueray player very soon if not at the same time with the LCD TV. Also planning to watch cable TV signals on it.

Is this good model or should I just set my sights on other brands? I think this is the cheapest full HD 42incher around for now that has a known brand name.

Will probably buy this coming sunday. Thanks in advance for the replies guys. :)

Offline jonc

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: Sanyo Vizzon 42K40-HD
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2010 at 05:20 PM »
I bought this unit last Sunday from SM Appliance Store Rockwell. No stock so just paid P36,995.00 for it and had it delivered to the house for free. It came just as promised, 2:30pm the next day. Just installed it this morning. Haven't played around with it yet but tried an MKV Blueray movie from my BriteView media player set at 1080p via HDMI 2 and it was awesome! Fantastic really! True HD quality as you see on the store demo floors. Other DVD-DIVX files were a bit pixellated, specially the black/dark areas on the screen. Maybe it was the media files. TV straight from cable was the same as my old Samsung 32" LCD. No pixellation on TV mode so far but the usual snow in some channels is still there. I will update you when I get to use it more. As of now, at this price, it is well worth it. Not even the Chongian (whatever Chinese brand), Promac or Devant comes close to the price. I think it's really the cheapest 42" out there today. It was definitely the cheapest in that store branch. Get one and enjoy your hard earned cash! It won't hurt that much when you upgrade after a year.
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2010 at 05:22 PM by jonc »

Offline filmdeveloper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 03, 2010 at 03:28 AM »
I bought also at SM. 39995 deferred. Sayang less 3000 pesos if straight payment kaso natapos na daw promo. 36995 if straight kaso till end of june lang kaya no choice deferred nalang.

Tested on HD movies...maganda quality..
DVD eh nagmumukang VCD quality...kaya need to buy HD Player na..GASTOS!  :D

Offline mojojojo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2010 at 09:28 AM »
guys hows the sanyo 42" so far? im looking to purchase this lcd next week.This would be for my room and be used for mostly gaming(ps3 console). I could care less about the brand sanyo, as long as its a 42" and the quality is good its good enough for me! :)

any feedbacks please?

Offline gorki0918

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 01:26 AM »
any feedback for this model.. thanks

Offline gorki0918

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2010 at 03:55 AM »
any other update for this brand and model.. thanks

Offline gorki0918

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Oct 08, 2010 at 07:53 PM »
just went to sm megamall and test the power consumption(using omni digital watt meter) of this hd.. with eco on = 127 watts
without = 183 watts

Offline tigkal

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • 9 going 10
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #7 on: Nov 03, 2010 at 11:18 AM »
Just purchased this unit at SM at 35k. straight or cash. My observations. Remote is queer, not the usual layout of button. No clock function. Cannot name video inputs, but selectable between STB, DVD, etc.. Menu font and layout has a very basic look compared to Sony. Video quality using dream sucks. I do not know if it is the tv or dream. Will have to try cignal. With HD material, this tv is great. Have not tried using the analog tv tuner.

Overall, if you want HD 42 inch screen with no frills, this is it. . Otherwise, you need to add 15 to 20k. It think this targets institutions considering the price and the no frills, and the ability to choose between home mode or shop mode or dealer mode. In dealer mode, you can lock the remote, the channel,volume, etc.So basically, only the power button works. I do not know if other tvs also have this function.

Offline gorki0918

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Nov 03, 2010 at 02:33 PM »
have you checked the power consumption of this hd.. thank you