Author Topic: NBA FINALS 2010  (Read 100833 times)

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA FINALS 2010
« Reply #450 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 11:39 AM »
+20 Points in the paint advantage for the Lakers show that their bigs are superior to Boston.  Garnett is the softee this time around.
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #451 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 11:52 AM »
After Game 1

1.  Bynum and Artest factor holding up.   Artest was game high +26 in the game.   Limited Pierce to non-crucial points.

2.  Boston missing its explosive bench.   House and Posey can stretch the defense.....Tony Allen cant.

3.  Laker frontline outplaying Celtic big men.

4.  With Perkins off Gasol due to Bynum, Pau having more success against Garnett.

5.  Kobe playing more efficiently....(Posey Factor)

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #452 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 11:56 AM »
As I said, if Gasol dominates and Rondo is held LA will win it.  Pau Gasol, supposedly the pretty boy Spaniard, was actually the one banging and roughhousing Boston.  He ain't the pushover anymore.  Rondo (who is my idol mind you with his pinoy style of play), hindi masyado nakaporma sa defensive rotation ng LA.  

I will maintain my prediction - Lakers in 6.

ps.  I think Boston should defend more aggressively against Kobe.  Let him work hard for each shot naman.  We all know Kobe can't be stopped but those uncontested layups by the Black Mamba early in the game were simply unacceptable.  Not in the Finals by golly.  Kakahiya talaga.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #453 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 12:25 PM »
Good start to the series for LA. But they shouldn't put too much emphasis on this win. Boston will bounce back for sure, especially Ray Allen. Strangely, KG also played more like the Big Token instead of the Big Ticket. So LA should set their sights on keeping the homecourt advantage in Game 2.

But good game by Kobe and Pau. Artest and Bynum had significant contributions too. 
We deserve better.

Offline T33K0Y

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #454 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 01:02 PM »
This loss in Game 1 was somewhat expected because of the Lakers very good record defending their home court in this playoffs.  But credit should be given to the Lakers big men for playing great in this game eventhough Odom was a non-factor. They really bullied KG, Perk and Rasheed on both ends, offensively and defensively.  Artest played well too.

For me, the Celts' defense on Kobe was somehow effective with him shooting only 10 of 22 from the field, with most of the shots he made being uncontested layups and dunks.  Compared to his averages in the Suns series, his game was below par in this game.  Fortunately for him and the Lakers, Boston was hobbled early on due to early foul troubles particularly, Ray Allen, Pierce and Tony A.

Boston has to find a way to negate the size advantage of the Laker's frontline if they want to steal one game in LA and make this a long series.  

It's still early and I'm sure Boston will make the necessary adjustments and bounce back from this loss.

Remember, Jordan also lost the first game in the '91 Finals against the Lakers but eventually won the series to claim his first nba ring.  ;D

All is not lost! Go Celtics!  ;D

« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2010 at 02:40 PM by T33K0Y »

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #455 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 01:02 PM »
You can really tell how important Artest's defense will be in this series. He's the only one able to really body up on Pierce and still have the quick hands and feet to keep up with him and disrupt him a little. Bonus na lang offense nya. Bynum's presence really helped. He gives LA another inside presence that wasn't there in 08. KG wasn't playing himself. I really figure that Garnett is the bully type who gets his energy from intimidating his opponents and feeds off that fear. If they don't back down on him and attacks him, he's just not as active.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #456 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 01:10 PM »
Two point blank shots by KG......swatted by father time.    KG of 08.....monster dunk na yun

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #457 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 01:24 PM »
Saw that two straight KG miss. I really think it was a matter of butter fingers or slippery ball. If he had the grip, instant flush. Like how if Allen had a full grip on the ball on that dunk, Kobe would've broken a finger trying to stop that.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #458 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 01:34 PM »
Saw that two straight KG miss. I really think it was a matter of butter fingers or slippery ball. If he had the grip, instant flush. Like how if Allen had a full grip on the ball on that dunk, Kobe would've broken a finger trying to stop that.

Im exaggerating  ;D ;D

But I still feel KG didnt disprove notions that he lost a step since the knee injury.

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #459 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 01:40 PM »
Hehehe. I know. It's just good to see such a showy emotional player like KG look like he lost a step or two now. Nabasa ko nga sa isang comment sa ESPN na " KG should do the heart-pound thing just to make sure it still works. " LOL

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #460 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 01:51 PM »
Oh well.  Its 1 game.   Im not gonna bury the Celtics.....they may have looked beat physically...but of all the other teams in the play-off, I will not question their heart to come back and still defeat the Lakers.

But for game 1, for now, they were punked.  :)

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #461 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 05:00 PM »
i'm a boston fan and i like them to win.kaya lang 1st 2 quarters pa lang parang decide na yung laban.celtics look slower and weaker this time around.maybe because of the age factor (parang naubos na yung energy nila)saka they really miss house and posey.

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #462 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 05:20 PM »
^ +1 Kahit pag-baba lang ng bola dahan dahan pa. tsaka walang gumagalaw sa offense.  Naghihintay lang ng pasa... parang walang gana..

Di bale bawi na lang next game!
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2010 at 05:21 PM by T33K0Y »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #463 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 05:23 PM »
Is there a more perfect game than the one played by the Lakers in Game 1?  Demoralizing game indeed since the C's were beaten in every category.  But I think Boston will bounce back.  I can't think of any game more humiliating than game 3 in the Cavs series.  But they set aside that game and just concentrate on the next.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #464 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 05:31 PM »
^ +1 Kahit pag-baba lang ng bola dahan dahan pa. tsaka walang gumagalaw sa offense.  Naghihintay lang ng pasa... parang walang gana..

Di bale bawi na lang next game!

I think the Celtics lost their defensive aggressiveness when the refs started calling fouls tightly, bordering on ticky tack fouls.  Allen the least aggressive defender was in foul trouble the whole game.  They were not allowed by the refs to apply the same intense defense they used in the Cavs and Magic series.  Maybe in part due to Phil's comments and mind games.  As a result they became tentative.  And they weren't able to adjust on the fly.

But in fairness, the refs called it both ways.  I recall Odom's foul on Allen on the drive.  The Celtics rely heavily on their defense.  They are not really a bunch of points producing team.

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #465 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 05:41 PM »
But in fairness, the refs called it both ways.  I recall Odom's foul on Allen on the drive.  The Celtics rely heavily on their defense.  They are not really a bunch of points producing team.

I heard one of the commentator said that if you are in the restricted area, you must be in the air for your not to be called for a foul.. Saying that is a valid foul..

I still believe lakers will win Game 2.. :)

Online simonzaide

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #466 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 06:57 PM »
im a big celtics fan and i believe the lakers deserved the win . they played really good defense the entire game and Gasol was just unstoppable i just hope Garnett returns to his old self the next game to take care of Gasol. Hopefully the celtics will regroup and steal the homecout advantage the next game

Offline archaznable

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #467 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 08:49 PM »
siguro ang nag panalo din sa Lakers eh yung Bench factor nila kung baga kahit bench lang sila malaki yung contribution nila sa pag panalo sa Game 1 ... hope that they will do the same in Game 2 hehehe  :D

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #468 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 10:41 PM »
saw the game replay earlier... the Cs were not playing like their old self.. they were just lazy both in offense and defense... maybe because of the long break? i know the Cs will bounce back in game 2!!!!!! Go Celtics! :D

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #469 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 10:43 PM »
^ +1  ;D

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
« Reply #470 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 10:53 PM »
saw the game replay earlier... the Cs were not playing like their old self.. they were just lazy both in offense and defense... maybe because of the long break? i know the Cs will bounce back in game 2!!!!!! Go Celtics! :D

yeah... go celtics...

talagang ganoon ang mga bida... nagpapatalo sa una... tapos babawi sa huli...

gusto ko manalo ang celtics...
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline TOP 20

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • DVD Addict
  • Turn, Turn, Turn
  • Liked:
« Reply #471 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 10:54 PM »
Don't know if this is true:

Phil Jackson's 47-0 (won series) whenever his team wins Game 1.

« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2010 at 10:56 PM by TOP 20 »
Ecclesiastes 3:1-9
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
« Reply #472 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 11:00 PM »
Don't know if this is true:

Phil Jackson's 47-0 (won series) whenever his team wins Game 1.

whew... ayos ah... eh di statistically speaking panalo na pala ang Lakers LOL.
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #473 on: Jun 05, 2010 at 12:33 AM »
Yeah, that is an incredible record no matter how you look at it. It's more of a psychological boost, but in all best-of-seven series, it takes 4 wins to settle it. It's sort of how Boston used to claim the psychological series edge (8-0) against the LAkers during the Finals until Magic, Kareem and the rest broke through in 85 (and did so again in 87).

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #474 on: Jun 05, 2010 at 08:53 AM »
i wonder what phil's record is if he loses game 1.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #475 on: Jun 05, 2010 at 09:27 AM »
 "Gasol delivered Garnett an unmistakable message: All your yelling, chest pounding and tough-guy snarl can’t defend me anymore."

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #476 on: Jun 05, 2010 at 09:38 AM »
Well, the teams that the Lakers faced (the Thunder, the Jazz and the Suns) weren't pushovers (maybe except for the Jazz who weren't complete). The Thunder and the Suns had a lot of energy and maybe that prepared the Lakers well since those teams play faster and have more energy than the Celtics. Especially in the 4th quarter when the Celtics went on a 10-1 run, you can sense that the Lakers already been there before in the Suns series and didn't fold.
In the games that the Lakers lost in the playoffs, it was those games were in they started shooting jumpers and stopped driving.

« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2010 at 09:41 AM by daigoro »

Offline torque

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • break the cycle!
  • Liked:
« Reply #477 on: Jun 06, 2010 at 07:56 AM »
im a big celtics fan and i believe the lakers deserved the win . they played really good defense the entire game and Gasol was just unstoppable i just hope Garnett returns to his old self the next game to take care of Gasol. Hopefully the celtics will regroup and steal the homecout advantage the next game

I'm a Celtics fan too and I totally agree that the Lakers deserved the win. Maganda ang nilaro ng LA both on offense and defense. Parang kulang sa energy ang Boston saka affected sila ng early foul troubles. Parang regular season game lang ang laro nila.

Bawi na lang sa game2!

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #478 on: Jun 06, 2010 at 11:54 AM »
Everyone might be overlooking the fact that the Celtics might've just plain underestimated the LAkers and Los Angeles really took them by surprise and they never recovered.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #479 on: Jun 06, 2010 at 11:59 AM »
I think the refs calling the game too tight may have caught the Celtics by surprise.  Bumps that were allowed in the Cavs and Magic series were suddenly being called.  That thew all the game-plan off the window.  Suddenly they didn't know how aggressive is too aggressive to warrant a call.