Author Topic: need help..no picture on tv, no sound on speakers.  (Read 804 times)

Offline ZOoom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
need help..no picture on tv, no sound on speakers.
« on: Jun 26, 2010 at 01:24 PM »
Hi! im having problems getting audio and video on my setup.

PS3 \\\
PCH --- >1.3 HDMI each---Onkyo HT-R667---20ft 1.3HDMI----Bravia 40bx400
DVD ///

On my previous tv, 32r81 i experienced the same problem, i figured maybe it was just a hand shake issue since it would normally take me 5mins for the pictures to be seen and the audio to be heard. on my previous display, i did the following:

-turn on the avr
-turn on the ps3/PCH/dvd depending on what to use.
-wait till the audio is out on the speakers (i usually use the controller for the ps3 for that ticking sound).may take a couple of mins.
-then turn on the tv..on certain occassions that thered still be no signal on the display, i just turn it off and turn it back on, then everything will be ok.

now after i changed my display, it's been 30mins and counting, wala pa rin picture, or even audio..i know my receiver can handle 1080p signal, ano po kaya prob sa setup ko? i tried switching hdmi cables and ports but to no avail. yesterday, i was able to play my ps3 and watch movies using my previous steps on 1080p but now, ayaw na po..i dont think it's the 20ft hdmi cable naman po because everytime i go to the setup screen ng receiver, meron naman pong OSD sa tv ko. my fellow forumers, your help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Offline kemozavi

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.soundsolutionsph.com
  • Liked:
Re: need help..no picture on tv, no sound on speakers.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2010 at 03:32 PM »
Have you tried connecting your ps3 directly to the TV? then maybe using an optical cable going to the receiver instead? if you get audio and video through those routes then atleast you know that the ps3 is infact sending the signals,

try checking on the ps3 settings too ( audio/video output settings )

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2010 at 04:00 PM »

yes, I agree with brader kemozavi. connect directly all your A/V sources to TV using HDMI cables connecting to AVR and the 20ft HDMI. If everything works fine, it's probably your AVR needs to be checked. try also digital connections (optical/coax) to your AVR. good-luck!..  ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline frontANDcenter

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • @dandarWIN
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2010 at 01:14 AM »
i have the same problem using onkyo 606.. all works well when everything is attached directly to the tv via hdmi for video and optical to the receiver for audio..sobrang nakakainis nga lang since hindi ko man lang ma sulit use ng HDMI kasi parang for vid use lang siya sakin coz when I connect my ps3 or htpc sa avr, it's all blank sa screen, no a/v. though before, there were times na i got lucky, siguro mga 1/20, meron a/v. so sa tingin niyo mga sirs, onkyo avr ang may prob dito? sayang kasi hindi ako makaplay HD audio codec.thanks

Offline adonph

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2010 at 11:20 PM »
hi guys,

Actually i have the same problem, i just got the 608, and ran the ps3 thru hdmi, at first ok, then after a week of playing, minsan no picture na lumalabas. then i tried resetting the settings ng ps3, set the reso to 480p, yun lumabas, pero i set reso ng avr to through lang, lumabas, but if you put it on auto or upscale, no picture!!! ano kaya to guys?

I will be asking the dealer tommorow about this. pero pag component dvd ok ang bilis lumitaw ng signal, sa ps3 minsan meron, minsan wala.

thats why i got 608 cuz of 6hdmi inputs, hehehe

But i love the receiver! awsome for movies!!!! and games!!!