Author Topic: LG HT805PM - help please  (Read 37545 times)

Offline ron_bassbomber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LG HT805PM - help please
« Reply #30 on: Dec 10, 2010 at 04:30 AM »
Hello..I'm encountering the same problem that you had..mine's even worse kasi the same ang nangyayari for both pirated and original dvd's..I exchanged it for another unit(same model and brand), but the problem's still there! It's really frustrating..Were you able to find a solution? I'd appreciate your comments..thanks in advance!^_^

I got my replacement, July mfg date (previous was Oct). It's working fine now. Sa tingin ko may tama ang lens kaya nagsstop. Get a replacement na lang kung pwede pa.

Offline kermint

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Dec 16, 2010 at 07:44 PM »
Guys hello!

new here!:) i also have this HTIB. Sound Quality is superb, no doubt. But i wanted to ask you guys. Somebody said that HT805pm decodes dts. Is it playing a .mkv file with dts using a thumb drive/ext HDD? Thanks in advance. I really wanted to watch 1080p movie with my ld460! please! hahah :D

Offline patrickcamacho

• Apprentice
  • Rastafari not a culture, it's a reality.
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Dec 17, 2010 at 02:59 PM »
Guys hello!

new here!:) i also have this HTIB. Sound Quality is superb, no doubt. But i wanted to ask you guys. Somebody said that HT805pm decodes dts. Is it playing a .mkv file with dts using a thumb drive/ext HDD? Thanks in advance. I really wanted to watch 1080p movie with my ld460! please! hahah :D

It won’t work if you will plug your hdd sa HT805PM kasi it can’t read MKV files.. What you can do is plug your hdd with your TV I’m Assuming you have an LD460 then optical to HT805pm that’s the best you can do.
I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Offline patrickcamacho

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Dec 17, 2010 at 03:06 PM »
My feedback for this unit is it’s a good entry level HTIB you can plug your mobile phone and play music via usb port that alone is a plus for me.

If you have a small to a medium living room or bedroom this is enough to satisfy your need for sound not unless you’re an audio adik then you might find this as BITIN but if you will use this as everyday DVD marathon tool or occasional vide-oke  machine like I do its all good ..di ka ma papahiya…

Also the SQ is ok compare to other entry level HTIB if you have a LD460 this is one of the best Htib for it not unless you have the money to get its taller brother.

All in all for its price it’s a great buy

Offline kermint

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Dec 17, 2010 at 06:25 PM »
@patrick

Thanks for the reply. There was a post by donnamay that this HTIB decodes DTS, baka namn dts pero ndi .mkv? gulo. sorrry. :)

media player to play .mkv files and then connect the tv via optical for sounds going to the HT805? tama po b? thanks :)

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 818
« Reply #35 on: Dec 17, 2010 at 08:29 PM »
@patrick

Thanks for the reply. There was a post by donnamay that this HTIB decodes DTS, baka namn dts pero ndi .mkv? gulo. sorrry. :)

media player to play .mkv files and then connect the tv via optical for sounds going to the HT805? tama po b? thanks :)

It decodes DTS from DVD's. The MKV files have to be smaller than 4 gig to be able to fit in the FAT 32 file format. Drives formatted with NTFS file system will not be recognized.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline big_dog13

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Dec 18, 2010 at 11:36 PM »
Just got mine yesterday, ok na ok for a small sala like 23 sq m, and it can decode dts.. :D
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2011 at 08:58 AM by big_dog13 »

Offline Jase

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Dec 19, 2010 at 02:26 AM »
Hello..I'm encountering the same problem that you had..mine's even worse kasi the same ang nangyayari for both pirated and original dvd's..I exchanged it for another unit(same model and brand), but the problem's still there! It's really frustrating..Were you able to find a solution? I'd appreciate your comments..thanks in advance!^_^

Mine is working fine for the first 2 weeks since i got it. But today I experienced the same problem playing original dvd. It is quite annoying. Did anyone of you found out a solution?

Offline kermint

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Dec 19, 2010 at 07:32 PM »
It decodes DTS from DVD's. The MKV files have to be smaller than 4 gig to be able to fit in the FAT 32 file format. Drives formatted with NTFS file system will not be recognized.

- alrighty thanks. thats sad. i wont be able to play 1080p MKV files, just 720p. i need to have a HD media player or something right? sadd.
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2010 at 07:35 PM by kermint »

Offline patrickcamacho

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Dec 20, 2010 at 11:08 AM »
i think the reason why the player is stoping during playing pirated dvd's is because its pirated ive noticed that pag original di naman natigil tuloy parin and pag usb watching tuloy tuloy naman nakakairita pag biglang tumigil yung pinapanood mo.. thats why invest on original DVD's,media player, external hardisk or flashdrives

saken kasi 8Gb flashdrive ok na saken ill just copy the movie from my pc then nood na but im planing to get a 500Gb para di na ko mag cocopy plug and play lang sa usb slot wala pang talon talon wala kang iisiping gasgas sa dvd less clater pa.

oo nga palay guys sinu merong magic sing sainyo im palning to get a magic sing kaso ang tanong will it work with our 805PM i was thingking ill plug the video sa tv tapos audio out sa 805PM pwede kaya?

or isa pang iniisip ko optic cable from tv to Htib kaso problema i have no time to get a Optic cable baka may taga pasig dyan paheran naman hehehehe

Offline d_main_man

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Apprentice
  • Carpe Diem baby!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Dec 20, 2010 at 02:28 PM »
Mine is working fine for the first 2 weeks since i got it. But today I experienced the same problem playing original dvd. It is quite annoying. Did anyone of you found out a solution?

Count me in as one of those having the same problem, and I'm using orig DVDs only. After watching about 30mins, it would stop and go to either the home menu of the DVD player or just a black screen with the player displaying either "Reading" or "No Disc". Then when I resume/restart the player to play the DVD again, it would play awhile then the problem persists. Upon resuming, the movie chugs a bit and audio becomes delayed.

Called up LG and they would send a technician by wednesday, I hope it could be fixed or replaced. Just noticed the problem now after having it more than a month already.

Any of you other owners experience this? Any updates on how'd you got yours fixed/replaced? ???

Offline patrickcamacho

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Dec 20, 2010 at 03:15 PM »
Count me in as one of those having the same problem, and I'm using orig DVDs only. After watching about 30mins, it would stop and go to either the home menu of the DVD player or just a black screen with the player displaying either "Reading" or "No Disc". Then when I resume/restart the player to play the DVD again, it would play awhile then the problem persists. Upon resuming, the movie chugs a bit and audio becomes delayed.

Called up LG and they would send a technician by wednesday, I hope it could be fixed or replaced. Just noticed the problem now after having it more than a month already.

Any of you other owners experience this? Any updates on how'd you got yours fixed/replaced? ???

sir balitaan mo kami kung anung sasabihin nr tech ha..para lam natin kung anu gagawin natin sa mga unit natin

Offline ron_bassbomber

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Dec 21, 2010 at 02:15 AM »
sir balitaan mo kami kung anung sasabihin nr tech ha..para lam natin kung anu gagawin natin sa mga unit natin

oo nga. sana may solution for this issue. wait, what is the mfg date nung sa inyo? It's really pain in the a** pagmay ganitong issue. for me, dapat replacement na ang katapat nito kasi the issue has something to do with the lens.

Offline d_main_man

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Apprentice
  • Carpe Diem baby!
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Dec 22, 2010 at 09:48 AM »
^ Guys, just an update. Been doing a bit of stress testing since Monday regarding the sudden exit to home "Reading"/"No Disc" problem of my HT805, as also experienced by some owners here. Am an original copy DVD user ever since that's why this really bothered me. Anyway, the error was consistent last monday with 3 DVD movies before I get to finish one full-run movie afterwards, which I called up for LG home service scheduled for today. But since yesterday, I'm not encountering them anymore. Been testing a number of movies, a couple even being p*rated and CD-R burned, but didn't encounter it anymore. Up to now, been running a couple more movies and I didn't get the error anymore. Since I have nothing to show for and the problem was still inconsistent, I called up LG to cancel/hold service for now.

If it helps, after running a movie from start to finish the first time after the problems I changed some settings at the Home menu. I turned DRC and Semi Karaoke to OFF (I guessed this was a scoring mechanism after the end of each chapters for Karaoke DVDs) since there was no use for this and might have affected during end of chapters (as defined in the manual for Karaoke DVDs at least). Anyway guys, will keep this thread posted if the problem comes back and becomes consistent before calling a LG service rep again.

How about the other owners who have this, still having problems? or experienced the same error for the first time but not always?

Offline patrickcamacho

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Dec 23, 2010 at 11:18 AM »
Same here my problem stop nanood ako ng Blackhawk down walang putol I did not stop..

Will try this long weekend kung may mang yayari.

Offline ackrite72

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Dec 24, 2010 at 03:34 AM »
mga pre nakakapag play ba to ng MP4? nag try kc ako magplay ng mp4 file 1.5gb ung size ng movie, di naman na read ung file.. does this player really have a mp4 playback?

Offline patrickcamacho

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Dec 24, 2010 at 09:12 AM »
mga pre nakakapag play ba to ng MP4? nag try kc ako magplay ng mp4 file 1.5gb ung size ng movie, di naman na read ung file.. does this player really have a mp4 playback?

it wont read MP4 i think it can only read divx movies..MP3 music pwede no snug kahit from cellphone conected via usb ok na ok..

just download a video converter and convert your mp4 file.

Offline ackrite72

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Dec 24, 2010 at 09:40 PM »
it wont read MP4 i think it can only read divx movies..MP3 music pwede no snug kahit from cellphone conected via usb ok na ok..

just download a video converter and convert your mp4 file.

pre bakit kaya when I play audio or mp3 thru cd or usb, when I set sa BASS mode, all speakers has sounds but when set to other modes like ROCK or JAZZ yung bass & 2 fromt speakers alng ang may sound, yung center and rears wala.. why is that? ganun din ba sayo bro?

Thanks.. merry christmas

Offline genesys

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Dec 27, 2010 at 01:43 PM »
guys ano ang surround settings nyo when playing movies and music?

Offline lichking

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Dec 28, 2010 at 08:54 AM »
^ Guys, just an update. Been doing a bit of stress testing since Monday regarding the sudden exit to home "Reading"/"No Disc" problem of my HT805, as also experienced by some owners here. Am an original copy DVD user ever since that's why this really bothered me. Anyway, the error was consistent last monday with 3 DVD movies before I get to finish one full-run movie afterwards, which I called up for LG home service scheduled for today. But since yesterday, I'm not encountering them anymore. Been testing a number of movies, a couple even being p*rated and CD-R burned, but didn't encounter it anymore. Up to now, been running a couple more movies and I didn't get the error anymore. Since I have nothing to show for and the problem was still inconsistent, I called up LG to cancel/hold service for now.

If it helps, after running a movie from start to finish the first time after the problems I changed some settings at the Home menu. I turned DRC and Semi Karaoke to OFF (I guessed this was a scoring mechanism after the end of each chapters for Karaoke DVDs) since there was no use for this and might have affected during end of chapters (as defined in the manual for Karaoke DVDs at least). Anyway guys, will keep this thread posted if the problem comes back and becomes consistent before calling a LG service rep again.

How about the other owners who have this, still having problems? or experienced the same error for the first time but not always?

I'll try your suggestion in turning DRC and Semi Karaoke to OFF for this problem is really bugging me for the past few days already. I bought mine last 1st week of Dec. and I encountered the same problem. I NEVER used pirated DVDs at all to this product.

What's really frustrating is when we are singing (videoke) and then biglang titigil...hay naku..

Any other thoughts from any member in this forum tungkol sa problem na to?

Offline big_dog13

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Dec 28, 2010 at 06:22 PM »
pre bakit kaya when I play audio or mp3 thru cd or usb, when I set sa BASS mode, all speakers has sounds but when set to other modes like ROCK or JAZZ yung bass & 2 fromt speakers alng ang may sound, yung center and rears wala.. why is that? ganun din ba sayo bro?

Thanks.. merry christmas

pagkabasa ko nito tinest ko kagad kung ganun din yung sa ken, mukhang ganun talaga, disabled yung rears and center speakers when not in bass mode :)
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2010 at 11:27 PM by big_dog13 »

Offline ron_bassbomber

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Dec 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM »
pagkabasa ko nito tinest ko kagad kung ganun din yung sa ken, mukhang ganun talaga, disabled yung rears and center speakers when not in bass mode :)

Yep, this is true. Check the user's guide. You'll find it there. Some speakers will have minimal sound or no sound at all. The speaker setting will be 2.1. Set it to BASS mode and all speakers will have great surround sound.

Offline KARTOG

• Collector
  • lurkin' since 2002
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Dec 29, 2010 at 08:19 AM »
Guys does anyone know the remote button sequence to unlock region-free DVD playing capability of the HT805?

I tried playing my Fox DVD demo disc with my unit and I encountered Disc Error message.  :(

Sabi nga pala nung agent when I purchased it I would have to go to their service center to have it unlocked but for a fee of course.  :-\

Offline KARTOG

• Collector
  • lurkin' since 2002
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Dec 29, 2010 at 08:20 AM »
Never mind guys  ;D

Offline patrickcamacho

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Dec 29, 2010 at 09:40 AM »
guys meron ba sainyo may alam panu tangalin ang bosses sa videoke sa unit natin?

Offline lichking

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Dec 30, 2010 at 07:27 AM »
guys meron ba sainyo may alam panu tangalin ang bosses sa videoke sa unit natin?

alam ko bro merong option sa main menu ng mga dvd (orig) para matanggal yung boses...yun lagi ang ginagawa ko muna before singing... :)

yung sa vcd videoke ang hindi ko alam kung paano tanggalin yung boses... ;D

Offline patrickcamacho

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Dec 30, 2010 at 08:44 AM »
alam ko bro merong option sa main menu ng mga dvd (orig) para matanggal yung boses...yun lagi ang ginagawa ko muna before singing... :)

yung sa vcd videoke ang hindi ko alam kung paano tanggalin yung boses... ;D

yun nga problema walang option eh badtrip nga eh guys anung optical cable gamit nyo? and baka may taga pasig dyan pa kopya naman ng movie back ups nyo hehehe

Offline lichking

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Dec 30, 2010 at 09:13 AM »
yun nga problema walang option eh badtrip nga eh guys anung optical cable gamit nyo? and baka may taga pasig dyan pa kopya naman ng movie back ups nyo hehehe

hehe..i'm also planning to buy an optical cable..ano nga kaya ang maganda?

anyways, meron na bang nakagamit ng headset sa ht805? pwede bang isaksak sa in ng mic yung headset?
plano ko kasing bumili ng headset (kung pwede sa unit natin) para magamit pag manonood ako tuwing gabi..nakakahiya kasi sa mga kapit bahay pag masyadong malakas eh... ;D

Offline patrickcamacho

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Dec 30, 2010 at 09:40 AM »
hehe..i'm also planning to buy an optical cable..ano nga kaya ang maganda?

anyways, meron na bang nakagamit ng headset sa ht805? pwede bang isaksak sa in ng mic yung headset?
plano ko kasing bumili ng headset (kung pwede sa unit natin) para magamit pag manonood ako tuwing gabi..nakakahiya kasi sa mga kapit bahay pag masyadong malakas eh... ;D

try ko mamaya sana makita ko yung adaptor ko..pero mas ok buy an adaptor tapos try mo muna sa cheapy headset if it work then buy a good headset balitaan mo ko sir,

Offline patrickcamacho

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Dec 31, 2010 at 08:42 AM »
guys what brand of optical cable ang gamit nyo and san nyo nabile how much...