Author Topic: LG HT805PM - help please  (Read 37549 times)

Offline KARTOG

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • lurkin' since 2002
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LG HT805PM - help please
« Reply #60 on: Jan 03, 2011 at 06:13 AM »
Got my optical cable from Electronics Boutique Park Square 2 for P250 forgot the brand.  Works perfectly  ;D ;D

Offline vinlovski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Jan 03, 2011 at 12:51 PM »
Hi guys,

Bought this HTIB and tested some videos with Dolby and DTS audio formats.  No problem with the Dolby formats but when i tested videos with DTS format..no sound was coming out of the home theater.  By the way, im using my PS3 as a player..sound settings was ok..Dolby and DTS 5.1 was checked.  What seems to be the problem?need your help guys.

Thanks!

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 818
« Reply #62 on: Jan 03, 2011 at 01:16 PM »
Hi guys,

Bought this HTIB and tested some videos with Dolby and DTS audio formats.  No problem with the Dolby formats but when i tested videos with DTS format..no sound was coming out of the home theater.  By the way, im using my PS3 as a player..sound settings was ok..Dolby and DTS 5.1 was checked.  What seems to be the problem?need your help guys.

Thanks!

What are you playing in your PS3, Blu-ray or DVD? The built in DVD player can decode DTS of DVD discs.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline vinlovski

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Jan 03, 2011 at 11:31 PM »
@Conan

Im playing via USB..all my DOlby and DTS files are stored in there..so im using an optical cable conneting my PS3 through my LG HT805..

Offline patrickcamacho

• Apprentice
  • Rastafari not a culture, it's a reality.
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Jan 04, 2011 at 10:48 AM »
@Conan

Im playing via USB..all my DOlby and DTS files are stored in there..so im using an optical cable conneting my PS3 through my LG HT805..

As far as I know it should have no problem playing it.. what kind of file are you using?

did you try playing it directly in the usb port of the HT805PM?
I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Offline vinlovski

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Jan 04, 2011 at 03:28 PM »
The DTS file is VOB format so playing it directly with my home theater wont work..thats why im playing it thru my PS3...do you think the settings of the PS3 is the problem?but i already checked the audio settings of my PS3 and DTS output is checked..what seems to be the problem?or maybe can you suggest where can i convert DTS format to AC3 format?

Thanks!

Offline patrickcamacho

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Jan 05, 2011 at 09:15 AM »
The DTS file is VOB format so playing it directly with my home theater wont work..thats why im playing it thru my PS3...do you think the settings of the PS3 is the problem?but i already checked the audio settings of my PS3 and DTS output is checked..what seems to be the problem?or maybe can you suggest where can i convert DTS format to AC3 format?

Thanks!

try mo ojosoft.com or allformp3.com they have decent converters that you can use.

what is your LCD do you have LD460 if you have.. you might consider playing the file from the tv audio out sa ht805pm its a drag kasi  more conections instead of just using the ps3 but its a quick fix.

me my dilema is i cant remove the voice pag nag vivideoke ako nakakainis anybody has the fix for this?
also where do you get your videoke cds or files baka naman pwede point me sa right directions
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2011 at 09:19 AM by patrickcamacho »

Offline Waray

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Jan 06, 2011 at 08:24 AM »
guys,

i also have the 805 and balak ko bumili ng nmt. if i connect the nmt to the ht via optical cable, kaya nya ba ma-decode yung dolby surround and dts movies (as in 5.1 yung output)? or gagawin nya lang stereo or dolby pro logic?

naisip ko lang baka ang kaya nya lang ma-decode ay yung dvds while ang optical in nya ay stereo or virtual surround lang.

thanks!

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Jan 06, 2011 at 12:24 PM »
guys,

i also have the 805 and balak ko bumili ng nmt. if i connect the nmt to the ht via optical cable, kaya nya ba ma-decode yung dolby surround and dts movies (as in 5.1 yung output)? or gagawin nya lang stereo or dolby pro logic?

naisip ko lang baka ang kaya nya lang ma-decode ay yung dvds while ang optical in nya ay stereo or virtual surround lang.

thanks!

It should be able to decode Dolby Surround and DTS into 5.1.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Waray

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Jan 06, 2011 at 01:48 PM »
Thanks for the reply Conan!

Another question for you guys. I wanted to extend the speaker wire of my right surround speaker by around 6 feet but was not sure what gauge it is. I ended up buying a slightly thicker wire. Is it alright to connect the two different sized speaker wires? Or is it okay to extend the wire in the first place?

Please advise.

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Jan 06, 2011 at 02:24 PM »
Thanks for the reply Conan!

Another question for you guys. I wanted to extend the speaker wire of my right surround speaker by around 6 feet but was not sure what gauge it is. I ended up buying a slightly thicker wire. Is it alright to connect the two different sized speaker wires? Or is it okay to extend the wire in the first place?

Please advise.

As a rule of thumb, same gauge or a little higher should be fine. But never thinner than the original wire. Or you can replace the whole wire altogether. Connecting the 2 different wire is fine also. Extending the wire is fine just as long long as it is properly insulated to prevent touching of both wires. Otherwise you might risk damaging your amplifier.

Offline acidrain08

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Jan 06, 2011 at 03:45 PM »
Hi Guys,

Naexperience ninyo n b magplay ng MP3 from USB for this device? Npansin ko lang hindi gumagana yung 5.1 niya, parang 2.1 lang siya. Yung right speaker di gumagana, pero pagnanonood naman me ng mga dvd okey naman siya. Ano kaya problema? May sinesetup p b dun? Almost 4 months n s akin yung unit at natry ko lang siya gamitin for USB MP3 nung bagong taon. Itinodo ko yung volume pero napansin ko medyo humina siya, mas malakas p yung old kong Panasonic na component.

Thanks for any advice.

Offline van

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Jan 11, 2011 at 08:34 AM »
Hi

just got an 805PM last weekend.
just wondering which one is the rear and front speakers (wala kasing label eh)

*can someone also post pics of their HTIB layout

TIA  ;)

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Jan 11, 2011 at 09:17 AM »
Hi

TIA  ;)

Read the owner's manual.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline van

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Jan 11, 2011 at 10:02 AM »
Read the owner's manual.

i cant find where it's written.
it just states the color code for the wires.

anyone?.

will try to view the manual again.

thanks

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Jan 11, 2011 at 11:35 AM »
I just took a look at the amp's rear section and the speaker connections are clearly labeled. It's also on page 12 of the online manual that I downloaded.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Waray

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Jan 11, 2011 at 12:33 PM »
Hi

TIA  ;)

the tall speakers are for the front. the short ones are for the rear. the one without the stand is the center speaker.

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Jan 11, 2011 at 02:03 PM »
Hi

TIA  ;)

Sorry I thought you were asking about the speaker connections on the rear of the receiver, I didn't know it was the speaker itself that you were inquiring about. Waray has it pointed out correctly.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline van

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Jan 20, 2011 at 12:32 PM »
^ Guys, just an update. Been doing a bit of stress testing since Monday regarding the sudden exit to home "Reading"/"No Disc" problem of my HT805, as also experienced by some owners here. Am an original copy DVD user ever since that's why this really bothered me. Anyway, the error was consistent last monday with 3 DVD movies before I get to finish one full-run movie afterwards, which I called up for LG home service scheduled for today. But since yesterday, I'm not encountering them anymore. Been testing a number of movies, a couple even being p*rated and CD-R burned, but didn't encounter it anymore. Up to now, been running a couple more movies and I didn't get the error anymore. Since I have nothing to show for and the problem was still inconsistent, I called up LG to cancel/hold service for now.

If it helps, after running a movie from start to finish the first time after the problems I changed some settings at the Home menu. I turned DRC and Semi Karaoke to OFF (I guessed this was a scoring mechanism after the end of each chapters for Karaoke DVDs) since there was no use for this and might have affected during end of chapters (as defined in the manual for Karaoke DVDs at least). Anyway guys, will keep this thread posted if the problem comes back and becomes consistent before calling a LG service rep again.

How about the other owners who have this, still having problems? or experienced the same error for the first time but not always?

Any update on the owners of 805PM?
i just encountered the stopping problem with "Reading" status of the player while testing the dvd original The Matrix.
i also encountered hanging on USB. This is just a two weeks old 805

when i checked the DRC and Videoke it was set to OFF.

hope for updates! thanks :)

Offline chris_santo

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 11:33 AM »
if my TV's optical out is just dolby digital, will this be able to receive dts audio from media player? (player to tv via hdmi, tv to 805 via optical)

I plan to keep it this way kasi yung xbox and media player nakakabit sa tv via hdmi.

Offline jun zulueta

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Jan 22, 2011 at 10:53 PM »
Hi patulong naman ng brad, been trying to play MP3 in fat format thru usb via thumb drive. ayaw gumana.
Tried also play E63 music via usb or 3.5 jack... ayaw din.  Let me know kung ano dapat setting. Thanks

Offline bongskiman

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 07:27 AM »

Any update on the owners of 805PM?
i just encountered the stopping problem with "Reading" status of the player while testing the dvd original The Matrix.
i also encountered hanging on USB. This is just a two weeks old 805

when i checked the DRC and Videoke it was set to OFF.

hope for updates! thanks :)

I have been encountering the same problem, my unit had it's main board and entire lens assembly replaced already, the only thing left is the power supply. Is there anybody here that has been serviced by LG already and has there been improvements?

update: According to the LG technician servicing our unit may problema daw yung main board and apparently may sira din yung ipinalit na mainboard kaya ganun pa rin. Di kaya software or firmware problem ito?
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2011 at 09:05 AM by bongskiman »

Offline iamtom

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 10:35 AM »
Hi guys,

Somebody must have pressed the center of this right speaker...will the output of the sound be affected by this?

TIA

Offline patrickcamacho

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 02:10 PM »
Hi patulong naman ng brad, been trying to play MP3 in fat format thru usb via thumb drive. ayaw gumana.
Tried also play E63 music via usb or 3.5 jack... ayaw din.  Let me know kung ano dapat setting. Thanks

for me no issues just plug in play subukan mo kaya i re format yung thumb drive then saka mo i load..also did you try playing movies via the usb port..kasi i have a friend na kaya pala ayaw gumana kasi sira mismo yung usb port.

regarding E63 i have a E71 and i just plug it and the payer will detect the music and it will play kagad im sure its the same time  mas ok kung just plug your E63 using a Usb cable

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 02:23 PM »
Hi guys,

Somebody must have pressed the center of this right speaker...will the output of the sound be affected by this?

TIA

Not sure how it will affect sound but try using some tape to pull it back out or as a last resort use a vacuum cleaner but you have to be very careful as it may suck the whole plastic in.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline iamtom

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 03:17 PM »
Not sure how it will affect sound but try using some tape to pull it back out or as a last resort use a vacuum cleaner but you have to be very careful as it may suck the whole plastic in.

Thanks man...I'll try the tape  :)

Offline KARTOG

• Collector
  • lurkin' since 2002
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Jan 27, 2011 at 10:46 AM »
I have experienced around 2-3 seconds of complete silence with the HTIB.  First few times it happened playing mkv files via the LD460 USB media player (connected to HT805 via optical).  Then when I got my A-210 I diverted the optical to the NMT.  I still encounter these random moments of silence with the current setup.

Offline patrickcamacho

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Jan 28, 2011 at 03:35 PM »
sinu may naka pag try na mag play ng movie ng gamit ang external hardrive yung tipong 320GiG im plaing to buy this kasi http://www.cdrking.com/?mod=products&type=view&sid=7460&main=80

lalagyan ko ng movies kaso problema ko mga movies ko AVI and limited lang may naka pag try na ba sainyo mag play ng MkV files sa unit natin.

and baka naman meron kayong Movie files dyan share naman

Offline iamtom

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Jan 28, 2011 at 03:46 PM »
sinu may naka pag try na mag play ng movie ng gamit ang external hardrive yung tipong 320GiG im plaing to buy this kasi http://www.cdrking.com/?mod=products&type=view&sid=7460&main=80

lalagyan ko ng movies kaso problema ko mga movies ko AVI and limited lang may naka pag try na ba sainyo mag play ng MkV files sa unit natin.

I don't think External Hard Drives will work. Mine doesn't.

Offline van

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Jan 29, 2011 at 07:02 AM »

im not sure if a low ampere HDD external will work havent tried it yet.
other option is to buy high capacity thumbdrive then yung HDD mo for storage selection nalnag going to your thumbdrive.

mkv is not supported, sana may firmware upgrade ang 805.