Author Topic: Best 32 inch FULL HD TV  (Read 4475 times)

Offline shaven

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Best 32 inch FULL HD TV
« on: Jul 03, 2010 at 02:56 AM »

hello pinoyDVD, im new here and i dont know anything about LCD TV.

what i know is i need a nice and reasonable price LCD TV for watching, DVD and Occasional PS3.

Samsung? Sony? LG? Panasonic? AVision?

i hope you could help me understand which is the best LCD for me in Layman's terms. :)

Best Promo and Best Place is also needed :P

i think i saw a promo before with a package of 32 and 19inch tv less than 25 k which is a good deal but not sure if the 32 inch is a FULL HD tv.

if there are sellers here as well hope you could explain to me clearly the differences of each others
like for ex in samsung there is series 3 , 4 and 5.

thanks in advance!!!

Offline shaven

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: Best 32 inch FULL HD TV
« Reply #1 on: Jul 05, 2010 at 03:32 AM »
 :(

Offline Trevor

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 05, 2010 at 06:00 AM »
From what i gathered, for LG the 32LH70 so far is the best though it is phased out already i know that the newer LG LH35 is also full HD and though the specs are a little distant, the PQ is very close. Ive seen this on demo and i could've bought it if only i have enough to spare. Best price ive seen for 32LH35 is 26k.
« Last Edit: Jul 05, 2010 at 06:22 AM by Trevor »

Offline symbian74

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jul 05, 2010 at 09:08 PM »
shaven, from one fellow new member to another, I suggest you browse the forums first. There are some threads with reviews and some with feedback for the different 32" LCD TV brands available.

Here's one for example.

Best 32" at 30K and below

The promo you saw before is for the Avision, which I don't think is active anymore.

The Samsung Series 3, 4 and 5 differ in the following (from lcdtvbuyingguide):

Series 3:
The 2010 3 Series LCDs feature flourescent backlighting, 720p panels, 2 HDMI inputs and SRS TruSurround HD audio processing. They are affordable sets that make an excellent choice for smaller rooms in your house or in a boat or recreational vehicle.

Series 4:
Samsung's 2010 4 Series LCDs are a step up from the 3 series. Available in the same sizes they still feature a 60Hz, 720p, CFL backlit panel, with SRS TruSurround HD. They add a third HDMI input, the ability to watch video off a USB thumb drive and Samsung's AnyNet+ which allows communication between similarly equipped Samsung home theater equipment.

Series 5:
The 5 series LCDs from Samsung are a line of mid tier, traditionally backlit LCD televisions. A 1080p panel with 4 HDMI inputs are the main features of the 5 series. It lacks the internet connectivity of some of the higher lines but the built in ethernet port allows streaming of media content directly from your computer network.

Here's a Table from the Samsung Website:

2101 LCD TV Features

Of course, the differences do not end there. You really have to do your research to find out what brand and model works best for what you will use the unit for. Happy searching. :)
« Last Edit: Jul 05, 2010 at 10:34 PM by symbian74 »

Offline speedmaster

• Apprentice
  • Liked:

Offline shaven

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jul 15, 2010 at 04:39 AM »
thanks for the replies, i did do some browsing i just though of making my own since im not familiar with LCD terms and stuff. like i read a lot of PQ term, which i dont even know. like you said for a newbie like me its really hard to understand everything just by reading because of the term after term that i couldn't understand.

2 HDMI inputs and SRS TruSurround HD audio processing. i would honestly say that i will be dumb understanding this one :)

looks like LG LH35 will be a good buy

is the Sharp LC32A37m a full HD tv?

Offline ceuust

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jul 15, 2010 at 08:56 AM »
hey why don't you try this 32 inches and 37 inches LG LD460. This is a goodbuy. FullHD with USB 2.0

Offline shaven

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 19, 2010 at 10:09 PM »
i went to the mall today learned about the HDMI thing.
some TV have 1 and some have 2. now im just thinking how many do i need.
samsung series 5 is nice with the price of 35k

Offline MorGenthau

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2010 at 02:26 AM »
i went to the mall today learned about the HDMI thing.
some TV have 1 and some have 2. now im just thinking how many do i need.
samsung series 5 is nice with the price of 35k

You may not even need it. Its may not be a necessity or it may be a necessity. I'll give you a simple explanation.

Why do you need an HDMI port?
I have a/an:
1.) HD media player (to play high definition movies)
2.) Xbox 360 or PS3 (to play games in high definition)
3.) PC or Laptop with HDMI port (to play games or movies in high definition)

Now you can ask yourself, how many devices above do I own? Is switching hdmi connectors a big hassle for me when using these 3 continuously when my TV only has one (or even two) HDMI port?

Lastly, if you would only want or only have a budget for 32" HDTV... then don't waste money in buying 1080p FULL HD TVs like that Sammy B550. Its almost useless because playing xbox/ps3 and watching high def movies @ 720p resolution is the same as doing it @ 1080p when you're using a 32" HDTV You can hardly even find a difference on a 42" HDTV.

So always mark your priorities and factors that suits your needs. Don't fall for 1080p FULL HD worshiping. ;)

Offline bibilitv

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jul 20, 2010 at 04:52 AM »
Bago lang din ako dito. Balak kasi bumili tv para sa condominium.

Ano yung 720 p resolution vs 1080. ANg alam ko lang kasi yung inches ng TV.

So walang pinagkaiba sa quality yung 32 vs 42 inch?

Offline MorGenthau

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jul 20, 2010 at 01:43 PM »
Bago lang din ako dito. Balak kasi bumili tv para sa condominium.

Ano yung 720 p resolution vs 1080. ANg alam ko lang kasi yung inches ng TV.

So walang pinagkaiba sa quality yung 32 vs 42 inch?

Google mo bro, medyo mahaba explanation kung in-depth explanation gusto mo. Ang mag eexplain ko lang, its the resolution and number of pixels count/used horizontally & vertically. Pero in a more sensible/practical explanation.... 720p is high definition. Yung mga Xbox 360 games and PS3 games, almost all of them, developed and optimized to be played in 720p HD resolution. 1080p naman, yan yung FULL HD. When you're using a 32"-42", kapag naglaro ka ng high-definition games and nag play ka na high-definition movies, 720p resolution and TV's is very good already. Hindi mo makikita difference ng 720p sa 1080p resolution kapag 32-42 inches lang yung LCD TV mo. So mas practical na 720p HD Ready na LCD TV lang bilin mo compared to buying FULL HD TV models. You save 6-10k pa.

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #11 on: Jul 20, 2010 at 02:11 PM »
Best 32 inch FULL HD T.V would be the:

LGLH70

or the Toshiba 32RV600

I've not seen the newer models, so I couldn't say which of the current ones will be best for your needs.

It would also help, if you tell us the primary usage of the T.V before we give out blind recommendations.

Now, there are some advantages in picking up a 1080p T.V even at that size (32) and here are the following:

1)For High-Def movies:

1080p bleeds out more refined pictures over a 720p, and with trained eyes you'll notice that 1080p gives out cleaner, crisper pictures. The drawback in getting a 1080p T.V at that size (32) is the fact that you'd have to be close to the unit to appreciate it, and I don't think you'll like that.

2)For PS3/Xbox 360:

Even at 32 inches you'll notice a difference in picture quality over a 720p version, if the game your playing is a native 1080p game. There are, however, only a few games right now that supports a 1080p native rez.

3)For PC use:

Needless to say, if you intend to use your LCD as a PC monitor you'd like to have a monitor with a higher native rez.

Offline bibilitv

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jul 20, 2010 at 07:54 PM »
@Morgenthau

Salamat sa tulong.

Sa mga nabasa ko tatlo klase ba ang LCD.

LCD(non-hd)

LCD(hd ready)

LCD(full hd)

Ang naguguluhan ako yung sa hd ready. Ibig ba sabihin nun may bibilin pa another parts or another accesories para maging ready?

Pasensya na hindi talaga ako ma-gadgets na tao kaya naguguluhan ako.

Offline MorGenthau

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jul 21, 2010 at 03:08 AM »
@Morgenthau

Salamat sa tulong.

Sa mga nabasa ko tatlo klase ba ang LCD.

LCD(non-hd)

LCD(hd ready)

LCD(full hd)

Ang naguguluhan ako yung sa hd ready. Ibig ba sabihin nun may bibilin pa another parts or another accesories para maging ready?

Pasensya na hindi talaga ako ma-gadgets na tao kaya naguguluhan ako.

HD Ready LCD TV's does the job. I'm just not sure if they have built-in HD tuner, mas ok kung meron para in the future, kung mag HD broadcast through air na ang pinas.... hindi ka na ma-momroblema. Otherwise, at our current set-up... 720p HD Ready LCD TV's are more than enough. That's all you need.

Offline bibilitv

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jul 22, 2010 at 02:45 AM »
Maraming marami salamat morgenthau.  ;D

PAg bibili ng lcd talaga sight and sound ang the best? How about yung listening and style, abenson, sm appliance. Ano difference nila?

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 606
« Reply #15 on: Jul 22, 2010 at 06:50 AM »

Now, there are some advantages in picking up a 1080p T.V even at that size (32) and here are the following:

1)For High-Def movies:

1080p bleeds out more refined pictures over a 720p, and with trained eyes you'll notice that 1080p gives out cleaner, crisper pictures. The drawback in getting a 1080p T.V at that size (32) is the fact that you'd have to be close to the unit to appreciate it, and I don't think you'll like that.

2)For PS3/Xbox 360:

Even at 32 inches you'll notice a difference in picture quality over a 720p version, if the game your playing is a native 1080p game. There are, however, only a few games right now that supports a 1080p native rez.

3)For PC use:

Needless to say, if you intend to use your LCD as a PC monitor you'd like to have a monitor with a higher native rez.

AMEN. :)