Author Topic: AUDIO NIRVANA super 8 speakers (video)  (Read 49955 times)

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: audio nirvana super 8 speakers
« Reply #30 on: Sep 03, 2010 at 12:48 PM »
I've stumbled upon CSA's website right after last November's hifi show when I was researching on single point drivers - nagandahan kasi ako dun sa tunog ng Harana boys eh ;D
David Dicks was a pleasure to converse with thru email and I was just to decide on either a 12" or 15" - kaso hindi natuloy.

Hopefully I could get back to David in the near future :)

Offline monreq

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • DVD Guru
  • Only a deaf can't distinguish good from bad audio.
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Sep 03, 2010 at 01:15 PM »
sir, okay yung mga upload mo sa youtube ah! nagtry ako mag upload, sobra palang bagal! its agood thing you have the patience to upload! more power to you, malapit na ako mag decide, san mo nga pala sir pinagawa yung cabinet mo? baka pwedeng magpagawa syo  ;D ;D ;D ;D hehehehe! kung pwede lang naman!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

To Shrek7 and Saladmaster, Anthony's design for his 8" coax is enough and has better aesthetics.  You just make the HEIGHT = 48" or 4 feet para mas maganda tumunog.  Ok din naman yung Voigt Pipe Design niya.  At least kasamahan na din natin iyong gagawa.  Pero kung gusto niyo talaga iyong David Dick's 5.6 in narrow MK2 design cabinet, puwede din kung may kakilla kayo mahusay gumawa ng speaker cabinet.  Kasi kung di marunong iyong gagawa baka masira lang iyong performance ng Audio Nirvana.  Sayang lang pera niyo.  Kaya para sigurado, kausapin niyo na lang sa maboteng inuman este usapan si Anthony para mas maayos.  I would also suggest to use braided magnet wire for the internal wiring.  Alam na ni Anthony yon.  Kasi napakaganda iyong gawa niya sa kaibigan kong si Vhongbiker.  Actually, gustong gusto ni Vhonbiker iyong Audio Nirvana, pero naka tsamba siya ng Fostex na old series na malalaki pa ang magnet like sa Audio Nirvana.  Maganda naman tumunog pero di lang kasing detailed ng AN Super 8, pero kung di maarte tenga mo, di na halata.

This is the picture of Vhongbiker's Voigt Pipe from Anthony.  Ginawa 4 feet yan.  Ang lupit ng bass at malambing.  Details lang talaga nagkatalo.

« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2010 at 09:50 PM by monreq »
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Sep 03, 2010 at 01:27 PM »
I've stumbled upon CSA's website right after last November's hifi show when I was researching on single point drivers - nagandahan kasi ako dun sa tunog ng Harana boys eh ;D
David Dicks was a pleasure to converse with thru email and I was just to decide on either a 12" or 15" - kaso hindi natuloy.

Hopefully I could get back to David in the near future :)

If you have contacts in the U.S. 12" or 15" of Audio Nirvana Super series is not a problem via Balikbayan box.  The only problem with those speakers are its magnet.  12" and 15" has very big and heavy magnet.

David Dicks is easy to transact with.  Just follow his floorstander design and it will give a very good sound reproduction.  I am just using an ordinary amp and cd player but the sound can rival some high end speakers out there.  So, if you are using high end gears with AN Super 12/15 in a proper bass reflex design, it will give an outstanding performance which you never expect.

P.S. Pinagsawaan ko makinig sa Avant Garde Trio in U.A.E. and Wilson Audio Sophia ( I forgot the series)...kaya nangarap ako na kahit 85%-90% lang ng tunog nun magkarun ako.  Then, found Audio Nirvana and took the risk.  I have no regrets until now.  I am already 2 years with it and will never go back to speakers with crossover.  Iba talaga ang details pag sa AN.  Fostex F series at Lowther lang yata katapat.  Pero masyado mahal ang Fseries at Lowther kaya Audio Nirvana na lang. :)

Goodluck. :)
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Sep 03, 2010 at 02:49 PM »
If you have contacts in the U.S. 12" or 15" of Audio Nirvana Super series is not a problem via Balikbayan box.  The only problem with those speakers are its magnet.  12" and 15" has very big and heavy magnet.

David Dicks is easy to transact with.  Just follow his floorstander design and it will give a very good sound reproduction.  I am just using an ordinary amp and cd player but the sound can rival some high end speakers out there.  So, if you are using high end gears with AN Super 12/15 in a proper bass reflex design, it will give an outstanding performance which you never expect.

P.S. Pinagsawaan ko makinig sa Avant Garde Trio in U.A.E. and Wilson Audio Sophia ( I forgot the series)...kaya nangarap ako na kahit 85%-90% lang ng tunog nun magkarun ako.  Then, found Audio Nirvana and took the risk.  I have no regrets until now.  I am already 2 years with it and will never go back to speakers with crossover.  Iba talaga ang details pag sa AN.  Fostex F series at Lowther lang yata katapat.  Pero masyado mahal ang Fseries at Lowther kaya Audio Nirvana na lang. :)

Goodluck. :)

Im glad to know that you're very happy with AN - thats actually the concept of what I and some members here of pdvd were gunning for after attending last November's HiFi show.
However, after much deliberation - we decided to go via the "coax" route instead - still a single source but with an added extension in the high freq.
Much to our surprise, Anthony agreed to our request and looked into production of a 15" coax that has the specs of the Beyma driver we heard in the hifi show.
We elected a Voigt enclosure for the coax and after hearing it.........well, the rest is history ;D Thus the re-birth of A-Audio's coax speakers.

I would have to agree that these full-range, coax, single point, xover less speaker designs of the '30s still holds magic in presenting an uncanny realism of a live performance right in your listening area - goosebumps talaga  ;D Yup, its hard to go back to modern conventional speakers after hearing these type of speakers. The only downside to these - are their sizes :P

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Sep 03, 2010 at 03:06 PM »
Im glad to know that you're very happy with AN - thats actually the concept of what I and some members here of pdvd were gunning for after attending last November's HiFi show.
However, after much deliberation - we decided to go via the "coax" route instead - still a single source but with an added extension in the high freq.
Much to our surprise, Anthony agreed to our request and looked into production of a 15" coax that has the specs of the Beyma driver we heard in the hifi show.
We elected a Voigt enclosure for the coax and after hearing it.........well, the rest is history ;D Thus the re-birth of A-Audio's coax speakers.

I would have to agree that these full-range, coax, single point, xover less speaker designs of the '30s still holds magic in presenting an uncanny realism of a live performance right in your listening area - goosebumps talaga  ;D Yup, its hard to go back to modern conventional speakers after hearing these type of speakers. The only downside to these - are their sizes :P

Thanks.  Yes, nagkakatalo at nagkakaiba lang talaga sa details and imaging ang mga single driver speakers.

Offline shrek7

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Guru
  • God First! Family Second! Audio Third!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #35 on: Sep 03, 2010 at 09:45 PM »
naku, bitin pala yung kahon ko kung papalitan ko lang ng drivers ng audio niravana, height-39inches, width-10 inches, depth- 13.5 inches.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

sana mas maganda pa dito ang kalabasan. eto yung enclosure ko-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZixBQikCfag&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92izVIeoi5Q&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mu8_1_Rxmc&feature=channel

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline TonyC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Sep 05, 2010 at 04:53 PM »

Hi Macdon, were you able to use Martin King's computation in deciding on the voights design?  Thanks!

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Sep 05, 2010 at 10:24 PM »
Hi Macdon, were you able to use Martin King's computation in deciding on the voights design?  Thanks!

Voigt enclosure was designed & built by Anthony (A-Audio).

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Sep 06, 2010 at 12:38 PM »
naku, bitin pala yung kahon ko kung papalitan ko lang ng drivers ng audio niravana, height-39inches, width-10 inches, depth- 13.5 inches.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

sana mas maganda pa dito ang kalabasan. eto yung enclosure ko-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZixBQikCfag&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92izVIeoi5Q&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mu8_1_Rxmc&feature=channel

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ok na iyang speaker cabinet ng coax.  Saka ka na magpalit pag talga gusto mo pa upgrade tunog ng AN.

Offline TonyC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Sep 07, 2010 at 03:03 PM »
Voigt enclosure was designed & built by Anthony (A-Audio).

Thanks, will ask anthony the basis for his design. Cheers!

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Sep 07, 2010 at 06:19 PM »
Hello! I modify again my Sakura Hybrid Tube Amp to maximize the performance of my AN Super 8. The modification ideas were from rascal 101.

Here are some of the You Tube Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljY8Oha7JPA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCfFI7ePT5Y

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #41 on: Sep 07, 2010 at 07:10 PM »
Thank you also for your time, effort and trust :)
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2010 at 07:12 PM by rascal101 »

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Sep 07, 2010 at 07:17 PM »
Thank you also for your time, effort and trust :)

Proven na kita. ;D

Offline boomjam

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Sep 07, 2010 at 09:03 PM »
I second the motion, Monreq.  Aprub mga tips ni Mel pagdating sa getting the best out of simple circuits to make B-E-A-Uuuuuutiful music from inexpensive gears.

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Sep 07, 2010 at 09:15 PM »
Maraming salamat. Maraming nagagawa ang teamwork  :)

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Sep 08, 2010 at 11:21 AM »
hay naku! si sir mel pa! he modified my nad 525, lo-d power amp, after that eh nabigla ako dahil kapag may mga bago syang information to tweak your system eh tutulungan ka pa talaga nya. my system really sounded the way i like it. just placed a resistor on the replaced caps of my cd player as sir mel told me and a snubber circuit on the auricaps for my super cheap (jologs) power amp. i really like the bass extension and mas mataba na ang boses! ;D ;D ;D sayang! gusto ko sana pumunta kila sir monreq to listen to the audio nirvanas, kaso nai ship na ang sasakyan namin. kainis! :'(

more power kay sir mel! he helped so many pdvd members already. sobrang bait! grabe!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2010 at 12:29 PM by shrek7 »

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Sep 08, 2010 at 11:26 AM »
hay naku! si sir mel pa! he modified my nad 525, lo-d power amp, after that eh nabigla ako dahil kapag may mga bago syang information to tweak your system eh tutulungan ka pa talaga nya. my system really sounded the way i like it. just placed a resistor on the replaced caps of my cd player as sir mel told me and a snubber circuit on the auricaps for my super cheap (jologs) power amp. i really like the bass extension and mas mataba na ang boses! ;D ;D ;D sayang! gusto ko sana pumunta kila sir monreq to listen to the audio nirvanas, kaso nai ship na ang sasakyan namin. kasinis! :'(

more power kay sir mel! he helped so many pdvd members already. sobrang bait! grabe!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Bait talaga si Mel.  Btw, magkakalat ka pa la ng kalagiman sa Cebu.  Ako baka in the near future Dumaguete City.  My wife is from Bayawan City, Negros Orriental pero Cebu 2nd province niya.  Someday magkikita tayo dun siguro.  As for Mel, talaga mabait yan. Balang araw baka lumipat na din ng Visayas yan, he he he.

Ingat ka sa Lechon Cebu at chorizo nila.  Baka ma highblood ka.  Sorry out of the topic na. ;D

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Sep 08, 2010 at 11:33 AM »
I second the motion, Monreq.  Aprub mga tips ni Mel pagdating sa getting the best out of simple circuits to make B-E-A-Uuuuuutiful music from inexpensive gears.

Mel is like Nikola Tesla.. ::)  Out of this world minsan mga tweak niya.  Yung long method nagiging short method.  Magugulat ka na lang bakit ganun tumunog eh simple lang naman yung kinabit niya.  One more thing I like with this guy, if I have ideas I will  open it up to him and he will help me materialize that idea until it become a complete audio upgrade.

Sana balang araw dumating na break mo Mel sa work.  Kaya mag Skyflakes ka na lang muna para makatipid at maka ipon. ;D

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Sep 08, 2010 at 12:24 PM »
Ako naman kung mabait kausap ko mabait din ako  ;D Lalo kung tulog  ;D ;D ;D

Kahibalo man ko ug Bisaya. Mao ng ok lang sa ako moadto ug Cebu  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2010 at 12:29 PM by rascal101 »

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Sep 08, 2010 at 12:36 PM »
hehehe! ayus! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D buti ka pa sir mel, maruning na mas cebuano, di pa ako marunong nyan!  ??? ??? ???   
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Sep 08, 2010 at 12:46 PM »
Sa Cebu kasi ako nag-aral ng High School at College hehehe. Paturo ka sa Missis mo at maraming magandang puntahan diyan sa Cebu City, lalo sa Uptown  ;D ;D ;D

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Sep 08, 2010 at 12:50 PM »
oo nga sir eh! kailangan talagang matuto! baka ibenta na ako ng misis ko sa cebu eh di ko pa alam! hehehehe!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

mataba na tumunog dahil naikabit ko na yung resistor na sinasabi mo sir- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkeYb06OJko
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2010 at 01:16 PM by shrek7 »

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Sep 08, 2010 at 01:42 PM »
Ito ba iyung latest na pina series ko sa iyo? ... Tumaba nga. Ganda.

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Sep 08, 2010 at 02:36 PM »
yes sir, eto nga yun!  ;D ;D ;D ;D wala akong magawa kaya kinalikot ko nung isang araw  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 06:56 PM »

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 07:10 PM »

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 07:16 PM »
Bro.you made the right choice of speakers Audio Nirvana Alnico Super 8.  The video will speak for itself.  Though, the You Tube is not a perfect reference.  Still, it created a good 3D Soundstage and details even with just a video camera phone.  Wala ka pang 100 hours breaking in period.  Pero, maganda na.  What more after 100 hours?  Congrats bro.  You have a live soundstage with that speakers. ;)

Pls.keep posting good videos on You Tube. Malupit naman speakers mo kasi kahit sa You Tube malupit ang tunog.:)
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2011 at 07:25 PM by monreq »

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 07:29 PM »
Bro.you made the right choice of speakers Audio Nirvana Alnico Super 8.  The video will speak for itself.  Though, the You Tube is not a perfect reference.  Still, it created a good 3D Soundstage and details even with just a video camera phone.  Wala ka pang 100 hours breaking in period.  Pero, maganda na.  What more after 100 hours?  Congrats bro.  You have a live soundstage with that speakers. ;)

Pls.keep posting good videos on You Tube. Malupit naman speakers mo kasi kahit sa You Tube malupit ang tunog.:)

try ko ulit kung mkapag record pa, medyo gabi na, baka magalit biyenan ko! hehehehe! ;D ;D ;D

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #59 on: Mar 31, 2011 at 07:56 PM »
Pambihira master, partida fone cam pa lang yan ;D Congrats uli! nadale mo din sa wakas.