Author Topic: torn between TCL and Sony Bravia  (Read 1630 times)

Offline kidbukid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
torn between TCL and Sony Bravia
« on: Oct 16, 2010 at 08:24 PM »
Help me out guys,

The first time I messaged here, I was almost decided on getting a Ganzklar LCD, and after some research and advices, I decided to leave it. The following are the main purposes of the LCD I'm planning to buy: DVD watching (10%), TV watching (20%) (using antenna), and Xbox 360 (70%). Now I'm torn between these two models which I think suits my needs: Sony Bravia 22" HD ready for 16K and TCL 24" full HD for 13K.. can you recommend which one should I opt for? Should I with Sony for an additional 3K or get a slightly bigger screen for 3K less than the Bravia? Thank you for your thoughts...

Offline CMac

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
Re: torn between TCL and Sony Bravia
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 04:15 PM »
here are my thoughts

gaming: 2 inch is negligible. when we are engrossed in a game, we stick our faces as close to the monitor as we can. so no matter how big your screen is (especially the noted 2 inch difference between the 2 brands), we are bound to sit closer than we'd like. makes no difference in my opinion.

now with gaming, what you need is good contrast. you need to be able to discern the different details and textures to fully appreciate the xbox 360. i'm assuming sony has the better contrast of the 2?

warranty: my experience with sony in regards to warranty claim is good. can't comment on TCL cuz never had any of their equipments. TCL CRT's are good bargains before the era of flat panels emerged.

also take note of necessary audio video inputs that you require with your monitor. HDMI (1.3), VGA, and etc.

lastly, if you were to post for resale your purchased monitor, let's say after 5 months, which do you think would attract more attention of buyers? sony or tcl?

if you can post the models of the 2, that would be best. cheers bud-dy.  :)