Author Topic: LED-LIT LCDs vs NON-LED-LID LCDs - PQ Comparison  (Read 9953 times)

Offline Prometheus75

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LED-LIT LCDs vs NON-LED-LID LCDs - PQ Comparison
« Reply #30 on: Oct 26, 2010 at 07:20 PM »
yep, tried using the same picture settings on both my ld460 and le5500, images on the ledtv are more crisp, even my sister, who's not a videophile, noticed it. both are fullhd models btw.

OT lang, but did you get both sets at the same time? LG was having a buy one, take one promo when I got my 47LE7500. I added P5,995 to the discounted cash price (< P100K) and got a 37LD460 bundled with my LED :)

But going back to the topic, when I was claiming my unit at Ansons in Pasig, despite that store's plentiful lighting, I could still pick out which the LEDs were among the bank of widescreen demos that were hanging side by side on the wall. They easily had the more dynamic colours and sharper images of the bunch.
Going 3D, at last! (And I don't care it it's a fad.)

Offline genesys

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Oct 26, 2010 at 09:38 PM »
OT lang, but did you get both sets at the same time? LG was having a buy one, take one promo when I got my 47LE7500. I added P5,995 to the discounted cash price (< P100K) and got a 37LD460 bundled with my LED :)

But going back to the topic, when I was claiming my unit at Ansons in Pasig, despite that store's plentiful lighting, I could still pick out which the LEDs were among the bank of widescreen demos that were hanging side by side on the wall. They easily had the more dynamic colours and sharper images of the bunch.

my original plan was to get only ld460 but there were no stocks when i got to the store. not wanting to go home empty-handed, i got le5500. although a bit pricier, it's well worth it considering its features as against its counterparts in the same price bracket. it's images really stand out and even slightly better (in my opinion) against bigger-sized samsung led screens that were in the store. great tv!  ;D

a week later, i still purchased the ld460 when new stocks arrived. the ld460 serves as a secondary monitor in one of our rooms.

Offline Reitfox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Nov 15, 2010 at 12:36 PM »
Sir a noob question po LED tv's are good for gaming ? better than LCD tv's??

Offline TimSavvy

• Collector
  • HD Player Enthusiast :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Nov 15, 2010 at 02:15 PM »
Theoretically, yes.  Since the platform should be more advanced than NON LED Lit LCDs.

*HOWEVER*, if your eyes can't distinguish the difference, I would advice you to get the much larger yet cheaper Non LED Lit LCDs.  The difference may be enough to get you a HT even. :)

Size does matter. :)

Audition to check if your willing to shell out at least 50% for a much smaller screen.

For some people, it's similar to placebo effect.. trying too hard to notice the difference..
When it comes to screen size.. no one can deny that you'd see more details in a much larger screen. :)

37LD460 = BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK! :)

Offline artsky

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #34 on: Nov 15, 2010 at 04:38 PM »
LG 32LE5500 is at P34k
Non LED - 32LD460 vs 32" LED - 32LE5500 difference is a whopping P10k!
DCR: 5,000,000:1 vs 100,000:1
RT: 2.4ms vs 4ms
TruMotion 120Hz vs N/A
Bluetooh vs N/A

this is down to 29K.

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Nov 15, 2010 at 09:32 PM »
this is down to 29K.

Remal Sales had been selling this model from php29k last Nov8. And is already up to php34k starting Nov 11. Price increase most likely due to Xmas season and in-demand model. Price will most likely go back down to around php29k by sometime end of Jan 2011 and onwards.

You might be able to get a better price from Ansons or SnS instead.