Author Topic: South Pier  (Read 1603 times)

Offline buboyingua

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
South Pier
« on: Dec 19, 2010 at 01:06 PM »
Hi!

I heard that in South Pier you can buy surplus flat screens? But I have no idea where to start. Does anyone know what store offers the best deal and quality goods? And may idea ba if magkano ang price range para pag nag punta ko di ako masyado madaya.

Thanks.

Offline blue_123

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • smell the flowers
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
Re: South Pier
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2010 at 01:49 PM »
Please contact Rover99 he's got a stall there, his cell 09239177636. Best if you pass by if he's there, so makatawad ka pa.

Offline buboyingua

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2010 at 01:55 PM »
salamat salamat.

any idea kung magkano lcdtv? mga 32inch?

Offline joelsoldao

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • DVD Addict
  • "Cute sa picture gwapo sa personal"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2010 at 02:53 PM »
Wrong thread po.hehe. pero to answer your question hindi na po mganda quality ng mga TVs pier. Dumadami ng complaints kasama na ako dun.hehe. Ipon nalang kau para s bnew marami naman mga good deals sa SNS ;)

Offline ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2010 at 07:42 PM »
IF YOU still pined for good old CRT TV, the pier could fulfill your heart's content because that spot is both a liquidation depot as well as junkyard for obsoleted tubes. The best and durable deals to be found there would be the Sony CRTs from 14 inch to 32. Their models are certified made for the Japanese market, hence picture quality is top of the line (meaning the Wega Trinitron comb filter is not shortchanged or thriftly-made, unlike the watered-down versions embeded on sets that one finds on the local market). There is also a plethora of inputs, the most important of which would probably be the S-video, and the Japanese version of Component video socket. These two connections are almost unthinkable to be found in our locally-available sets, that their presence seems to say that the local Sony TVs is being sold for a market thats ignorant of higher quality video or wouldn't aspire for better video. Kahit S-video lang ang naroon, its already an excellent proviso for higher quality image because S-video delivers resolution and color thats ten times better than miserable composite RCA video.

If you buy a 14-inch or a 21 Sony there, demand a model thats made at least in 2007 - the last year Sony was making tubes for the Japs. I bought two 14 inch in the past - flat screen Sony Wega's - used for non-critical and close-range viewing, and I still sigh about how gorgeous CRT picture truly is. I used S-video all the time and plays my disks thru a 6-year old Denon 2910 with a Faroudja DCDi chip. If you go for the 36 inch, bantay ka because these models' last manufacturing date is around 2004 or even older, you might be getting even from sellers like Rover, units that could not last 6 months.