Author Topic: Question in connecting Pana HTIB, LCD and Haraman 5500  (Read 584 times)

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Question in connecting Pana HTIB, LCD and Haraman 5500
« on: Jan 06, 2011 at 01:48 AM »
Need help on setting this up...

I have an existing setup of Harman AVR-5500, Wharfdale 8's, JBL Sub

Just bought a month ago Pana 42 Inch LCD 42U20 bundled with  Panasonic SCPT75

All my DVD players conked out on me so i have no option but to use the HTIB as a player...

The pana HTIB sounds great but i use it only during nights if i wanted to watch movies at low volume..Also i wanted to use my Harman as my main Audio source kung gusto kong dumadagundong ang mga movies ko...

The Pana HTIB only digital out is via HDMI, no optical or coaxial so there is no way for me to connect it to the Harman AVR directly because it doesnt have an HDMI In..The only way i can see and not sure if this is going to work is make the audio pass the LCD tv then to AVR. I just need to ask you guys this first if this is going to work before i buy an optical cable for my TV to be connected to my AVR, meron kasi akong nakitang Optical out sa TV ko eh..

So basically this is how i will connect the equipments

Pana HTIB connected vi HDMI --> LCD TV, LCD tv Optical out to --> Harman AVR5500 Optical in.

My question is

Mag papass ba yung Dolby Digital and DTS signal sa TV then to AVR para ang mag dedecode nang signal eh yung AVR? Is this even possible? So parang pinadaan ko sa TV yung DD and DTS signal para i decode at i output nang AVR...

Please let me know your thoughts on this and if there is already an existing thread regarding this please close this one...Hanapin ko na lang yung thread...Or kung may mabait na mag papaste nang link.. it will be highly appreciated..

Thanks peeps.. ;)
Walang Setup