Author Topic: KAIBOER H1055  (Read 176757 times)

Offline mightbeyou

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: KAIBOER H1055
« Reply #540 on: Feb 06, 2012 at 09:45 AM »
On mine, it's always on. I have to manually turn it off everytime because I seldom use subtitles.

8) really...good for your unit sir...hopefully you could share what you did as well as your fw version so i could upgrade if mine is outdated...thanks...  8)

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #541 on: Feb 06, 2012 at 04:28 PM »
If the subtitle is a separate file (ex a srt) or if there is only one sub, it will be displayed automatically.

If the sub is muxed and there are plenty of sub options, you have to manually choose one sub to display.

Offline mightbeyou

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #542 on: Feb 06, 2012 at 08:48 PM »
If the subtitle is a separate file (ex a srt) or if there is only one sub, it will be displayed automatically.

If the sub is muxed and there are plenty of sub options, you have to manually choose one sub to display.

8) sir not the case with mine...even if i try putting the sub in the same folder with the same file name as the .mkv file, i still have to manually turn on the subs...with respect to anime i aint sure if they are muxed in the .mkv files but i still have to manually turn them on everytime each episode ends...so when i go for a marathon anime it becomes somewhat annoying...haha...any tips...  8)

Offline monreq

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • DVD Guru
  • Only a deaf can't distinguish good from bad audio.
  • Liked:
Re: KAIBOER H1055 (some caps ugrade)
« Reply #543 on: Feb 07, 2012 at 01:32 PM »
I am still waiting for my NOS External DAC to arrive.  The sounds from the Kaiboer H1055 without an EXTERNAL NOS DAC gave me a quite good sound quality on MP3 and FLAC.  So, my hands got itchy again and try to upgrade some caps with values 220uf, 470uf in the USB area, output area...  I upgraded it with some .01uf MKP 1837 and  .0047uf NOS oil cap(for bypass).  I replaced 1pc.470uf and 1pc.270uf with 4,700uf Panasonic FC Caps.  Now, I am happy with the sound quality.  It sounds like I am already using a CD Player with good DAC.  Though, I am expecting better sound quality once I use an external NOS DAC with the Media Player.  Here are some pictures to share.  This is only my hobby...D.IY wanna be. ;D  So, I am not encouraging you to upgrade or modify yours.  You ask you tech guy for better upgrade or modifications, if you are planning to.

Some Review after the upgrade: (using MP3 files...FLAC has better SQ, of course.  So, I just use an MP3 format to know if there is a big improvement)

Soundstage is wider.
Cleaner and more details.
More Musical.
Instrument and vocal separation are quite good.
Depth became noticeable.

Thanks for looking. :)
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline nraek07

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #544 on: Feb 09, 2012 at 09:09 PM »
tanong ko lang mga sir, pwede po ba ito video output thru hdmi, tapos audio thru rca?. logitech x540 lang kasi gamit ko eh.
planning to buy this tomorrow.
 ;D

Offline [dcw]aaron

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • rock on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #545 on: Feb 09, 2012 at 09:43 PM »
^ yep pwede
Samsung PS51D491 51" Plasma 3D
Sony PS3 Slim 120GB
Samsung BD-D5100
Sony HTIB 5.1
Kaiboer H1055

Offline HDcouchpotato

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #546 on: Feb 09, 2012 at 10:44 PM »
I am still waiting for my NOS External DAC to arrive.  The sounds from the Kaiboer H1055 without an EXTERNAL NOS DAC gave me a quite good sound quality on MP3 and FLAC.  So, my hands got itchy again and try to upgrade some caps with values 220uf, 470uf in the USB area, output area...  I upgraded it with some .01uf MKP 1837 and  .0047uf NOS oil cap(for bypass).  I replaced 1pc.470uf and 1pc.270uf with 4,700uf Panasonic FC Caps.  Now, I am happy with the sound quality.  It sounds like I am already using a CD Player with good DAC.  Though, I am expecting better sound quality once I use an external NOS DAC with the Media Player.  Here are some pictures to share.  This is only my hobby...D.IY wanna be. ;D  So, I am not encouraging you to upgrade or modify yours.  You ask you tech guy for better upgrade or modifications, if you are planning to.

Some Review after the upgrade: (using MP3 files...FLAC has better SQ, of course.  So, I just use an MP3 format to know if there is a big improvement)

Soundstage is wider.
Cleaner and more details.
More Musical.
Instrument and vocal separation are quite good.
Depth became noticeable.

Thanks for looking. :)

WOW bro.. Galing now I know who to go to for tweaking. maybe you can pm me a special rate for upgrading my unit.. :)

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #547 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 04:41 AM »
tanong ko lang mga sir, pwede po ba ito video output thru hdmi, tapos audio thru rca?. logitech x540 lang kasi gamit ko eh.
planning to buy this tomorrow.
 ;D
What I understood, you can also use the HDMI output of HD Media player for video output only, if that's what you prefer.  That is also what I will try to do in the future.  I will just use a DVi - HDMI adaptor for the computer monitor.  The adaptor is available in Octagon and CD R king...Ace Hardware.  Because, the HDMI output originally has video and audio already for t.v.monitor.  If you are going to use this for monitor or for those LED or LCD computer monitor that has NO speakers, the HDMI output of HD Media player can still function. I hope I am right. :)
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #548 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 04:48 AM »
Quote from: HDcouchpotato
WOW bro.. Galing now I know who to go to for tweaking. maybe you can pm me a special rate for upgrading my unit.. :)

Bro.how I love to upgrade your HD Media player.  But as I have said, I just do mine for fun and experiment.  I am not a professional tech guy.  If you really like to do it, you can upgrade your capacitors buy buying some ELNA Silmic 2 on line..1000uf 25v 3 pcs. and Vishay MKP 1837 .01uf.  I just used my excess caps that's why my hands got itchy to experiment mine.  But it's not necessary if you already have a very good External DAC or HT Amp that has a DAC inside it. ;)  Maarte lang talaga ako sa audio at walang magawa.   ;D

Offline robertperez

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #549 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 05:01 AM »
Sir, anong Pro's and Con's nitong Kaiboer H1055?

Besides sa Price, ano pa po? Salamat sa mga talagang nakaka alam.. Plano ko kasi bumile.. Salamat po.

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #550 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 07:38 AM »
Sir, anong Pro's and Con's nitong Kaiboer H1055?

Besides sa Price, ano pa po? Salamat sa mga talagang nakaka alam.. Plano ko kasi bumile.. Salamat po.

PROs:
It can play almost any video format you throw at it
Dirt cheap (2.3K for H1055 [no hdd bay] and 3.3K for 1055+ [with 3.5" HDD bay])

CONs:
No built-in optical out for audio
REmote has conflict with LG TVs (unless you request the seller to give you the white remote [but still has conflict with some remote functionalities])

Offline robertperez

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #551 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 07:54 AM »
PROs:
It can play almost any video format you throw at it
Dirt cheap (2.3K for H1055 [no hdd bay] and 3.3K for 1055+ [with 3.5" HDD bay])

CONs:
No built-in optical out for audio
REmote has conflict with LG TVs (unless you request the seller to give you the white remote [but still has conflict with some remote functionalities])

Thanks for the feedback, more feedbacks please..

Thanks brother Quitacet

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #552 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 07:59 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, more feedbacks please..

Thanks brother Quitacet

You're welcome!

Oh BTW, my 1055+ has a HDMI cable included in the package, not sure with the 1055. I preferred the 1055+ because I have spares 3.5" HDDs here and I am using a 2TB Western Digital and one external 1TB WD pa rin.

I have a LG TV but conflict can be lessened if you put the Kai on the side and not directly below or in line of sight of the TV's remote receptor.

Offline nraek07

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #553 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 09:48 AM »
 Thank you mga sir sa sumagot ng tanong ko. Ito gagawin kong set up, kaiboer h1005 hooked sa tv samsung 22" via hdmi tapos kaiboer h1005 rca yung red and white hooked naman sa logitech x540. Pwede ito tama?. :D

Offline [dcw]aaron

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • rock on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #554 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 01:03 PM »
^ yep..pwede yan..my setup using the 1055 is hdmi to tv for video then rca to htib..
Samsung PS51D491 51" Plasma 3D
Sony PS3 Slim 120GB
Samsung BD-D5100
Sony HTIB 5.1
Kaiboer H1055

Offline nraek07

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #555 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 01:36 PM »
^ yep..pwede yan..my setup using the 1055 is hdmi to tv for video then rca to htib..

okay sir thank you po. will place my order na at digitag.
 ;D

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #556 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 02:26 PM »
okay sir thank you po. will place my order na at digitag.
 ;D

how much nalang yan ngayon 2k nalang ba?
hehehe  pwede na pangkwarto hihihihi... para pagnag Barney marathon daughter ko hahaha
Love me or hate me.....

Offline nraek07

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #557 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 03:49 PM »
^ 2.3k pa rin po sa digitag.
 ;D

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #558 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 04:01 PM »
^ 2.3k pa rin po sa digitag.
 ;D

awww mahal pa din last check ko nito ung may promo at 1990 or 2k

meron din seller sa ortigas eton mas mababa dun ng 100-200

wait nalang me ng second hand siguro na egreat or wd..
Love me or hate me.....

Offline nraek07

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #559 on: Feb 10, 2012 at 05:59 PM »
Meron nga po mas mura kaso, 1 month lang warranty. Ok na ko dun sa 100-200 na dagdag, 3 months naman
Ang warranty eh.. :)

Offline robertperez

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #560 on: Feb 11, 2012 at 12:24 AM »
Saan po ung Digitag? San po pde bumile ng 1055+? or 1055? TIA.

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #561 on: Feb 11, 2012 at 04:48 AM »
Saan po ung Digitag? San po pde bumile ng 1055+? or 1055? TIA.

bro,

Digitag (Look for Ruby) is accorss Petron Broadway (Aurora blvd)

get off MRT gilmore.
ride jeep (sta-mesa bound) about 300 meters from MRT gilmore, get off when you see Petron at the intersection of Aurora blvd. cor valencia.
toy

Offline robertperez

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #562 on: Feb 11, 2012 at 05:37 AM »
Saktong SAKTO ah, walking distance sa trabaho.. :))) nakaka tawa... :)))))))))))))))

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #563 on: Feb 11, 2012 at 07:21 PM »
Meron nga po mas mura kaso, 1 month lang warranty. Ok na ko dun sa 100-200 na dagdag, 3 months naman
Ang warranty eh.. :)

same warranty applies din if im not mistaken
thats another option lang naman who resides near ortigas and btw im not a salesman there hihihihi
when i check tpc wala na masyado seller ng 1055 aside from digitag
medyo dami na kasi mas highend
2k lang kay digitag before when it was on promo
it goes back again to 2.3k

enjoy your 1055 mga papa at mama

Love me or hate me.....

Offline nraek07

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #564 on: Feb 12, 2012 at 09:33 AM »
Got my Kaiboer yesterday from digitag, first thing I notice is that the blue part of the media player has scratched already and it doesn't look brand new to me. Tnext ko na ang digitag pero walang reply.  :'(

Pero ok naman yung player smooth na smooth ang pagplay ng kahit anong format ng videos.
Sana naman mag reply ang digitag tungkol dito.  :'(

Offline karloff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • DJ, Home Theater Fanatic
  • Liked:
« Reply #565 on: Feb 12, 2012 at 09:59 AM »
Got my Kaiboer yesterday from digitag, first thing I notice is that the blue part of the media player has scratched already and it doesn't look brand new to me. Tnext ko na ang digitag pero walang reply.  :'(

Pero ok naman yung player smooth na smooth ang pagplay ng kahit anong format ng videos.
Sana naman mag reply ang digitag tungkol dito.  :'(

dapat ginawa mo sir:

Test mo unit-->(video-audio,remote) Visual check--->(dent,scratches etc..) ska mo ipa balot at bayaran.
meron naman replacement warranty yan. tawagan mo landline.wag sa txt.

Offline nraek07

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #566 on: Feb 12, 2012 at 01:02 PM »
ok na, meron palang sticker na sobrang nipis yun kaya hindi ko nakita. BRAND NEW!, talaga benta nila.
yung remote naman ok din, pinalitan ko lang ng energizer battery at ayun mas ok na. luma na kasi ata yung kasamang free battery. Pero yung player ok  na ok, so far so good.  ;D

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #567 on: Feb 12, 2012 at 05:27 PM »
ok na, meron palang sticker na sobrang nipis yun kaya hindi ko nakita. BRAND NEW!, talaga benta nila.
yung remote naman ok din, pinalitan ko lang ng energizer battery at ayun mas ok na. luma na kasi ata yung kasamang free battery. Pero yung player ok  na ok, so far so good.  ;D

normal po yan sa mga media player
theres a thin sticker to protect it
Love me or hate me.....

Offline rayeth_04

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #568 on: Feb 12, 2012 at 11:58 PM »
My kaiboer just turned a year old and still doing great!!!

problem is mapupuno na 1tb ko, as this not a networked media player medyo matrabaho na to change disks everytime may movie ako hahanapin.

pero really love this toy!!!

Offline eugenrs

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #569 on: Feb 13, 2012 at 07:55 AM »
suggest not to use the free battery, palitan na agad, mine leaked after two days, kakatakot , kaya pala namamalya yung remote, very satified with the purchase couldn't complain

nasa overseas ako e ala akong tv sa kwarto, itong nmt at pico projector gamit ko 70 to 80 inches image size , gusto ko tuloy bumili ng maliit na monitor mga 7 inch para pang music kahit hindi buksan yung PJ