Author Topic: eGreat R200 or Kaiboer H1073C?  (Read 3781 times)

Offline strummsteel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
eGreat R200 or Kaiboer H1073C?
« on: May 14, 2011 at 10:07 AM »
I'm hoping to buy my first NMT, after making do with PS3 Media Server for two years now.

They are earily similar, except for the bare sata ng R200.

Is it that important? Wifi is not a big deal for me, LAN is. Still the way to go to stream data.

Any expert advice?

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: eGreat R200 or Kaiboer H1073C?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011 at 11:06 AM »
I'm hoping to buy my first NMT, after making do with PS3 Media Server for two years now.

They are earily similar, except for the bare sata ng R200.

Is it that important? Wifi is not a big deal for me, LAN is. Still the way to go to stream data.

Any expert advice?

I dont have any experience on H1073C but i do have with the R200.

It's my 1st Egreat NMT.. SO far its has great PQ and SQ. Never had any problems with it. I tried all the files i can think of and so far its flawless. Tried with music and via Digital And Analog connection and it's awesome. I also use PS3 as my media player before this. LImited kasi files na mapaplay nang PS3 thats why i bought this.

Very easy and simple to use. Excellent PQ and SQ, Solid built.. pati remote solid din...

Very satisfied and happy R200 owner...I'm thinking of getting another one for my house sa province.. pero next time na yun.. la pa pera he he he
Walang Setup

Offline strummsteel

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011 at 12:04 AM »
Salamat sir,

I think these models are the best priced 1073 units, im not well off to get the high end ones kasi.

The 500x ng Mede8er fits in the smae category din ba? Any tips comparing these 3?

Thanks in advance mga masters!

Offline CMac

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011 at 12:54 PM »
nmt's require fw support as much as possible.

now if i were to choose a brand, i'd go for the one that does not release models like ice cream flavors in a short span of time. 2 popular models come to mind, an "x" and an "e" - obviously profit-driven but can they really provide hardware and software support when issues arise? they prolly could, but i bet it's half-baked.

if your options are all priced the same, go for the med 500x.

just a personal opinion of a consumer and by no means an expert with nmt's

Offline strummsteel

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011 at 04:04 PM »
Thanks for the much needed advice.

I went out and window shopped and got crazy!

I got a PCH A210, i got a crazy deal 10k for a PCH brand that is obviousy well supported and well developed.

Will still probably get a realtek 1055 chip / non network player for my dad.

Thanks for your advices masters

Offline MemKing

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011 at 06:48 PM »
I go for kaiboer if u want me to decide from the two. It's cheaper n the pq is great.

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011 at 04:07 PM »
IMO,Not all nmts are created equal despite having the same chip.

Not until you have extensively used models  can you say PQ is great for brand "k" or "P". I toyed with  kaiboer for a good few weeks   i can tell you what it can't play,   more importantly PQ and sq is not the same,  I think kaiboer  is ODM as they don't have their own factory. Kindly correct me otherwise.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011 at 04:33 AM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011 at 04:17 PM »
I beg to differ to assume models abound simply because its "obviously profit-driven", its how the market works. --- Models abound to provide choices, just like Toyota wont sell just sell Vios when other people want better features/options of,say, a Camry or Altis. Manufacturers bring more to the table and provide more choices to cover market, and it shows depth of experience and understand market demands.

Users with sophisticated AVR equipment (i.e. HD MA, etc) invested in their setup and would love to see their HD MA indicator light up. Since 500x cant do that higher models do, thus it is necessary for NMT manufacturers to address it by introducing other "ice cream flavors". Discerning consumers has a choice.

Mede8er 500x may have a good UI but playback of bluray full navigation menu isnt there(S100/S800/C200 has them). "M" supports audio HD audio support but is currently split into two firmware versions,  why it cannot bring both to a unified version remains their challenge.

Most buyers may not  share the same skills/passion to do endless  firmware upgrades. so to simplify a  more mature NMTs is best --- something that plays all files you throw at it, and with firmware so mature it requires little upgrade.

If this was the only criteria, I personally recommend PCH C200, it has latest firmware, downloads automagically, apps abound, and is sigma based, end of story.

but the fact is, PCH may cost more than "m", given its well-researched and engineers(and I dare not say because they are profit driven). They set the NMT bar, hands down.

Some like to have company with their choice of model/brand, and  recommend despite little  experience with the other brands. Others like them cheap and ok with mediocre PQ/SQ, But value for money means striking a balance between both cost and performance.  I saw that in egreat.

Is there a new mede8er 500x that's priced as an r200 (P5500)? Measy e8HD is priced at 5200, but has no VFD display, so 300 bucks to swing in a coolness factor isnt bad for some.  

As a consumer,   I respect the brand/model I use, egreat users have a steady base locally and support wise, being around longer. I have seen egreat that is 5 years old and without need of firmware upgrades and still working. To me, As a user, that's quality engineering.

Since 2006 i have always enjoyed my Egreat,  as a buyer/user,  so  when the local distributor decided to dropped the egreat, I took upon myself to buy a few last christmas for myself and a couple of good friends, not for profit, but to make sure the community still has access to Egreat offering as a choice.  A few from the PDVD community encouraged me to sell to them and so I did.  But was in it for the lively interface with other egreat PDVD users, who share the same passion on NMTs. Whatever little profit, is not even enough to sustain my habit of buying 1 2TB disk every 3 months :)

My opinion is  the Pinoy NMT market, just wont be as fun if all of us at PDVD each has PCH C200/A210 -- because PCH has the best firmware, best hardware, best support -- hand down.

The China based alternatives (kaiboer, measy, himedia, egreat, etc) is what makes it very interesting.  I simply like egreat coz they are around much longer so FW is not as frequently updated as others. I think  R200 is a better player -- it does video preview, no coverwall, and colors crisp and toasty just like I like it.

I have yet to see an NMT with 5.1 analog audio and 7.1 analog audio support, not even popcorn, and I can only credit that to egreat engineering for coming up with the model that can do so--- to improve, as an NMT consumer, our choices.

Would be cool to have a 2011 PQ and SQ shootout, to shows merits of each brand/model.

Siguro dun ka rin nangagaling -- happy ka sa mede8er, you'd recommend mede8er.  I'm happy with "e" and so that's i'd recommend egreat.  err... well, on top of the fact you have better choices of going analog audio support 7.1(S800) or 5.1 (S7A),full bluray navigation menu (S100/S800),  flawless playback (R200 @PHP 5.5k), or most compact (R6B @ PHP 3K) :)

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011 at 04:29 AM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline CMac

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011 at 08:39 PM »
^
i can always count on you to steer the egreat boat back on course.

I now know, based on your "unbiased" reviews, that measy, mede8er, kaiboer and pch cannot hold a candle to the e"Great" line in different price points. ac ryan, look out.

Offline MemKing

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011 at 09:26 PM »
^
i can always count on you to steer the egreat boat back on course.

I now know, based on your "unbiased" reviews, that measy, mede8er, kaiboer and pch cannot hold a candle to the e"Great" line in different price points. ac ryan, look out.

Cheers... ;D

Offline strummsteel

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011 at 09:30 PM »
All opinions are welcomed. I think its great to have a real audition before purchasing.

I got a pch a210 over the weekend. But im also seriously considering an egreat or to put it plainly a realtek chipset player for my dad. So keep it light but also keep it coming.

Offline CMac

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011 at 10:36 PM »
i kinda stepped out of line with my last comment. i apologize.
got quoted...bummer.

Offline MemKing

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011 at 10:56 PM »
No problem in saying ones opinion, findings or suggestion. Just don't quote someone write-up and you write yours below it.

We are here to help others find what best for their needs. Not stepping on others opinion.

Cool...

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011 at 07:20 AM »
Show love to your Dad by getting him a PCH-A210 as well.   ;)

My university-student daughter already promised me to buy the best NMT and biggest HDDs when she becomes a doctor or successful in her chosen career.   ;D.

Offline strummsteel

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011 at 10:36 AM »
Hahahaha getting him a PCH a210 is pricey also he doesn't need all the features. He just wants to watch his James Bond movies in HD.

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011 at 12:18 PM »
Hahahaha getting him a PCH a210 is pricey also he doesn't need all the features. He just wants to watch his James Bond movies in HD.

If thats the case then R200 will work best for your dad. It's fast, simple and just select movie then press play...
Walang Setup

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011 at 12:43 PM »
@HEXAGRAM, ok lang hirit mo.  You saved me the effort of posting a similar message.

I had the "e", and napaso na ako.  Won't try them again for awhile.  Then I had the "x", and sold it for a "K".  Parang nagsisi ako kasi mas ok ang GUI and features nang "x".  Parang gusto ko na nga pagipunan yung "x"DVD, para maka-save ako nang HDMI port sa TV.

So going back to topic, I will not consider R200 or H1073C for now.  Will probably go for the Sidewinder (RTD1073 pa rin yata).  Sorry at OT pa rin.   ::)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011 at 12:45 PM by paolorenzo »

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011 at 01:07 PM »

That was my dilemma as well.

However, I still dug deep and just opted to get him a PCH-A210.

Why?

My parents are in their 70s so what I want is something I can control and configure remotely.

The A-210 CAN BE configured to be accessed remotely. Medyo advanced topic na but what am setting up now is;

- Attach the PCH-A210 to their home LAN and set up remote access to it using SSH via port forwarding on their wifi router (which I access remotely now as well).
- I upload content to the box from my house/office into the proper media directory
- Setup NMJ to auto update

This means they will just see new stuff on their box regularly like Music/Movies & images of their grandkids which they just use the NMJ interface to view. NMJ will do the hard stuff like scraping movies/music albums art so pretty much parang personal Netflix nila ako he he he.

Other solutions will achieve some of the goals, but without a REAL media scraper in them and Telnet capability, puro bitin lahat ng ibang products. Cover ART based jukeboxes don't cut it. It's just like going to Astrovision and only being able to see the front cover of BD/DVD. a real scraper like YAMJ/NMJ will give you much more information like ratings, abstracts, even actor list which is what my parents like.

I got what I paid for eka nga :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011 at 01:11 PM by scifi-fan »

Offline strummsteel

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011 at 01:43 PM »
Grabe mr. scifi pwede pala yun? I want to learn this, any links i can read?

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011 at 02:43 PM »
Grabe mr. scifi pwede pala yun? I want to learn this, any links i can read?

You can start here;

Network Media Tank WIKI