Author Topic: any review for Sony Bravia Cx520?  (Read 2317 times)

Offline carloxy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
any review for Sony Bravia Cx520?
« on: May 29, 2011 at 12:20 PM »
guys im planning to buy this TV(the bravia cx520) im planning to use it for my PS3 and as a monitor.. i like its design really compared to Samsung and LG, but the question is how good is the Picture Quality?? my former TV is Samsung B500 or the 2nd version of the 5 series, will i see a big improvement or will it be a step back?.. well hopefully someone answers my question, as there is no love for sony in this thread(ive been browsing alot hehehe) thanks in advance

Offline Armz316

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37
Re: any review for Sony Bravia Cx520?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2011 at 06:35 PM »

Hi Bro. there is nothing wrong with going with the Sony. Sir Regulus has been selling Sony here. and lots of Pdvd members bought from him and E-reply too. my tv is also a Sony. The picture quality is great even on low end models at least it's 1080p full HD.  :) I had 2 black and white Sony up to know it still works fine. ;D

Offline kazushi

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Apprentice
  • Hello imalurker
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2011 at 07:48 AM »
guys im planning to buy this TV(the bravia cx520) im planning to use it for my PS3 and as a monitor.. i like its design really compared to Samsung and LG, but the question is how good is the Picture Quality?? my former TV is Samsung B500 or the 2nd version of the 5 series, will i see a big improvement or will it be a step back?.. well hopefully someone answers my question, as there is no love for sony in this thread(ive been browsing alot hehehe) thanks in advance

Got the model 2-3 weeks ago so far so good, main problem is the built in media player. Masyado mapili ang bravia. Home videos at 720p played without a hitch, but all converted videos don't, Divx, xvid. This seems to be a problem to all bravia users, they say Mpeg2 works, but are some specific parameters on conversion that is needed to be adjusted for it to work. I haven't tried it, I always plug my laptop on the LCD and that solves the video playback problem.

I also use this for gaming with a Xbox 360, ok naman, di ko pansin kung may lag. not sure kung alin game yung nag play ng 1080p, pero na try ko catherine, Crysis, NBA 2k11, RE5 at L4D2, parang ok naman.

Offline Armz316

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2011 at 04:09 PM »

Congratulations on your new tv Sir. God bless you. :)

Offline on_arb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Oct 01, 2011 at 07:33 PM »
Guys is the CX520 ok to be used as a PC monitor? I was looking for it at SnS today however it was sold out. The  sales guy recommended the BX320. I then asked if we can connect it to my laptop (via HDMI) to test. I then set my laptop's graphics to 1920x1080p (Full HD recommended setting). I noticed that the BX320 did not display my desktop in full screen. There was black borders probably around 1/2 inch between the desktop and edge of the TV screen. So I tried to check if there's a zoom function in the BX320 settings, however the displayed was only zoomed that the desktop border (taskbar) cannot be seen.

My question is, can the CX520 display a PC's desktop properly in which there are no black borders between the edge of the screen and the desktop screen?

Thanks!

Offline scorpionzero

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #5 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 07:31 AM »
Guys is the CX520 ok to be used as a PC monitor? I was looking for it at SnS today however it was sold out. The  sales guy recommended the BX320. I then asked if we can connect it to my laptop (via HDMI) to test. I then set my laptop's graphics to 1920x1080p (Full HD recommended setting). I noticed that the BX320 did not display my desktop in full screen. There was black borders probably around 1/2 inch between the desktop and edge of the TV screen. So I tried to check if there's a zoom function in the BX320 settings, however the displayed was only zoomed that the desktop border (taskbar) cannot be seen.

My question is, can the CX520 display a PC's desktop properly in which there are no black borders between the edge of the screen and the desktop screen?

Thanks!

Im not sure kung bkt may black borders, but im guessing its because bx320 only has 720p native resolution and not 1920x1080p.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=KDL32BX320