Author Topic: Sonus Faber Collections  (Read 8960 times)

Offline jjlovemusic

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Breaking dawn... time to enjoy the movie
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
Sonus Faber Collections
« on: Jun 10, 2011 at 06:29 PM »
Hi everyone!

Any fans, owners, aspiring owners, knowledge and/or experience with this beauties? Please share anything, may it be stories or pictures to help us admire...or let's say, become a "motivation" (to earn harder ;D) to have or own these wonderful piece of "art".

Thanks!
Your stature does not mean that you are a better person than anyone else less $$$ wealthier than you

Offline jjlovemusic

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Sonus Faber Collections
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2011 at 06:30 PM »
To start with, I'm a fan and had the chance to listen to them I think about 10 years ago. I was in SM Megamall and then followed dad to The Listening Room, and their he was listening to it. He said that it was his "dream speakers", but the beauties cost around Php2M. I don't know the model and can't recall what it looked like as I wasn't really into audio that time, but already loved music and appreciated it just a bit that time. Now that I'm with this hobby or passion, I wish I could hear them sing again. Maybe out of curiosity of what people say about them or just want to have a comparison from what we already own or other makes we've heard before... Or, I just might be wishing to own one someday.  :)
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2011 at 06:31 PM by JJ LoveMusic »
Your stature does not mean that you are a better person than anyone else less $$$ wealthier than you

Offline musika

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Absolute sounds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2011 at 07:53 PM »
Sweet sounding and very emotional.

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #3 on: Jun 10, 2011 at 08:02 PM »
http://www.wiredstate.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=89

sir, kilala ko nagpapasok ng sonus faber dito sa pinas

Offline edwin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • My day is not complete without music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 07:43 AM »
First heard the original concertino (1996???) in a store in Makati with a friend and we both fell in love. My friend bought it at Php22k. The stand was even more expensive at Php26k

Years later, it become my obsession to own a pair. After having the resources, i was able to acquire one at a time, the original concertino and concerto, minima FM2, Concertino and Concerto home. Able to also listen in my set-up for awhile before passing them to the new owners were the original Grand piano and grand piano home, Signum, Minuetto, Minima Amator, and Electa Amator 2 and Cremona Auditor.

I had modified the crossover of both the Original and Home series of the Concertino and Concerto and it was well worth it.

I miss my FM2. This is a small baby but could really sound special. These are using the famous Esotar tweeters.

Sayang as i only have left a few pics of them when they were still with me. Just to share.
Trying a Cremona Auditior before shipping

My Concerto

A concertino after cleaning it before shipping.
Stacked them for picture taking before shipping.
LaptopWin19,AO,Fidelizer
Hermes
Pontus 2
Mapletree
Van Alstein
DeCapo BE
Spacedeck
Hana SL
Vetere

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #5 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 08:05 AM »
WOW!! Hanep! Meron pa bang kapatid yung Cremona Auditor, Edwin?? :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline jjlovemusic

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 11:18 AM »
http://www.wiredstate.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=89

sir, kilala ko nagpapasok ng sonus faber dito sa pinas

Tnx Sir Rene! Just saw it and researched some pics. Got my eye on one of their floorstanders. konting promotion pa. hehe  ;)

Offline jjlovemusic

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 11:20 AM »
First heard the original concertino (1996???) in a store in Makati with a friend and we both fell in love. My friend bought it at Php22k. The stand was even more expensive at Php26k

Years later, it become my obsession to own a pair. After having the resources, i was able to acquire one at a time, the original concertino and concerto, minima FM2, Concertino and Concerto home. Able to also listen in my set-up for awhile before passing them to the new owners were the original Grand piano and grand piano home, Signum, Minuetto, Minima Amator, and Electa Amator 2 and Cremona Auditor.

I had modified the crossover of both the Original and Home series of the Concertino and Concerto and it was well worth it.

I miss my FM2. This is a small baby but could really sound special. These are using the famous Esotar tweeters.

Sayang as i only have left a few pics of them when they were still with me. Just to share.
Trying a Cremona Auditior before shipping

My Concerto

A concertino after cleaning it before shipping.
Stacked them for picture taking before shipping.

These are real lovely speakers sir edwin. hoping to hear and own one of them soon  :)
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2011 at 01:22 PM by JJ LoveMusic »

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 11:27 AM »
Tnx Sir Rene! Just saw it and researched some pics. Got my eye on one of their floorstanders. konting promotion pa. hehe  ;)

liuto?  ::) 

my friend owns a pair, driven by modwright amps. pm ka lang kung gusto mo marinig. baka nandun pa si koi/ws mabigyan ka ng good disc%  ;D

Offline jjlovemusic

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 01:59 PM »

liuto?  ::)  

my friend owns a pair, driven by modwright amps. pm ka lang kung gusto mo marinig. baka nandun pa si koi/ws mabigyan ka ng good disc%  ;D

FS from the cremona line sana, kaya lang kulang ang savings. hehe. car project muna. baka pag na-promote mga 2 beses sir kayanin na! sa ngayon, motivation ko muna siya ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2011 at 02:00 PM by JJ LoveMusic »

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 02:05 PM »
FS from the cremona line sana, kaya lang kulang ang savings. hehe. car project muna. baka pag na-promote mga 2 beses sir kayanin na! sa ngayon, motivation ko muna siya ;D

birthday ngayon nung nagpapasok, batiin mo > http://www.wiredstate.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=25036&p=415221#p415221

at icomment na batang-bata siya sa pic dun sa s.f. thread, sure may disc ka ;D

Offline jjlovemusic

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 02:09 PM »

birthday ngayon nung nagpapasok, batiin mo > http://www.wiredstate.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=25036&p=415221#p415221

at icomment na batang-bata siya sa pic dun sa s.f. thread, sure may disc ka ;D

Haha!  :D Chaka na tawad pag bibili na sir! Matatagalan pa toh! admiring muna sa ngayon ;D

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
« Reply #12 on: Jun 13, 2011 at 04:17 PM »
A very big FAN, heard it 1st at my friend's house 15yrs ago. I really forgot the model (but never the warm sound of it) it was a bookshelf bi-wired by a KRELL 300 series w/ customed made Marble sand-filled stand. The sound was so warmed & filled the big listening area w/ ease & one thing that really amazed me was the absence of a SUB, the bass was already very fullfilling.
Ever since I always wanted to own one but just cant reach its price tag. The one thats being offered in the MARKETPLACE by "botching" was a great opportunity to own it finally at a very reasonable price but I'll have to consider also the existing hardwares presently I have that if it would match or not so I just let this pass by nalang para hindi na mag gastos na naman. I think this was the nearest part for me to have it but ok nalang para walang gastos ;D They're great speakers in built & sound qualities ;)
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2011 at 07:19 PM by at_sunset_blvd »
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline edwin

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jun 13, 2011 at 05:33 PM »
WOW!! Hanep! Meron pa bang kapatid yung Cremona Auditor, Edwin?? :D

Jen, matagal na iyang pics ng Cremona. ;D
LaptopWin19,AO,Fidelizer
Hermes
Pontus 2
Mapletree
Van Alstein
DeCapo BE
Spacedeck
Hana SL
Vetere

Offline edwin

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jun 13, 2011 at 05:35 PM »
These are real lovely speakers sir edwin. hoping to hear and own one of them soon  :)

Try to get the vintage models. Para sa akin, they were what made Sonus so special.
LaptopWin19,AO,Fidelizer
Hermes
Pontus 2
Mapletree
Van Alstein
DeCapo BE
Spacedeck
Hana SL
Vetere

Offline musika

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Absolute sounds
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jun 13, 2011 at 07:10 PM »
Pretty nice!

Offline jjlovemusic

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jun 13, 2011 at 08:12 PM »
Try to get the vintage models. Para sa akin, they were what made Sonus so special.

Sige sir Edwin. Pag Naka-tyempo po. Eto na din yata kasi hinahanap ko na speakers.  :)

Offline FrancisD

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jun 20, 2011 at 08:36 AM »
I hope I dont offend people here. Sonus Faber is my fave but the ones I like are really beyond my budget. They say its in the Php 200k range!

Any speaker out there that sounds this mellow and clear? And cheaper  :D

Offline jjlovemusic

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jun 20, 2011 at 08:51 AM »
I hope I dont offend people here. Sonus Faber is my fave but the ones I like are really beyond my budget. They say its in the Php 200k range!

It's my fave too, though haven't owned one yet.

You just paying for what you get naman sir. Madami din naman iba pa speakers jan, its just the taste and preference ng listener.  ;)

Offline FrancisD

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jun 20, 2011 at 09:01 AM »
Hi:

I was thinking you pay a premium for Italian, there may be a chinese brand thats similar.

Yup, these are expensive, exquisitely designed and crafted speakers from the build quality to the sound. I think Sonus builds their own drivers too. Still just starting to search for speakers thats similar in sound signature and cheaper, hehehe.

Cheers to those who have one. The sound is musical.

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
« Reply #20 on: Jun 21, 2011 at 05:54 PM »
Hi:

I was thinking you pay a premium for Italian, there may be a chinese brand thats similar.

Yup, these are expensive, exquisitely designed and crafted speakers from the build quality to the sound. I think Sonus builds their own drivers too. Still just starting to search for speakers thats similar in sound signature and cheaper, hehehe.

Cheers to those who have one. The sound is musical.
It's the leather Sir Francis ;D 
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline jjlovemusic

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jul 01, 2011 at 09:37 PM »
Hay...Kelan ko kaya ma-afford ito...  :-\

Online qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 54
« Reply #22 on: Jul 02, 2011 at 01:28 AM »
Look for Ushers, they look the part. Sound is excellent for the price. I have one... its the next best thing in the aeshetics department and the sound will not dissapoint

qguy -wishing for an SF Extrema $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

-

Offline dodie

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jul 02, 2011 at 02:40 AM »

Lsa speakers ;D ;D

WCH CM U?