Author Topic: NBA 2012 Season  (Read 496583 times)

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 264
Re: NBA 2011 Offseason and Lockout
« Reply #360 on: Jul 25, 2011 at 06:42 AM »
Arwind Santos schooled by Kobe. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFfeTfGwS5Y

He will remember this for the rest of his life.

I felt really proud that NBA stars ask a pinoy (MannyPac) for autographs and pictures.  :D

Offline Ashburndaride

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #361 on: Jul 25, 2011 at 12:57 PM »
I felt really proud that NBA stars ask a pinoy (MannyPac) for autographs and pictures.  :D

yeah, iba talaga charisma ni Pac

somebody post that DRose and Pac authograph session! that's EPIC!
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2011 at 01:06 PM by Ashburndaride »

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #362 on: Jul 25, 2011 at 02:27 PM »
some shots from my cam from yesterday's game vs smart gilas( from upper box a seat )

Mas exciting yun laban kahapon because Smart Gilas was serious, played tough defense, executed plays and hit 11 three point shots. Unlike the PBA selection saturday who didn't play any defense and couldn't shoot the ball well.

Derek must be asking where the Pacman got his haircut.

CP3!  Oh my, CP3!  Is he from earth?  Ask my son what his most memorable play was and it is this -- In a loose ball scramble against 4 "very serious" Gilas Players, CP3 got the leather, made a dazzling display of dribbling - behind the legs, behind the back, behind the back and legs of the opponents, then made a swooshing pirouette that left the 4 Gilas players wondering how the hell did he do that?  

Derek, DRose & Tyreke a few minutes before game time..

Durantula with his ever familiar backpack, DRose and CP3...

Chris Tiu, Barocca & Alapag Vs. Kobe

KD after an early foul by a very serious Smart Gilas Team.  KD even talked to Asi Taulava after a hard shove by Asi and told him to take it easy since it's only an exhibition game. hahaha.  Pasalamat siya hindi sila Jawo at Cesar ang kalaban nya...

Pacman and the Mamba.  Ang classic dito e yun paalis na si Pacman,  nag motion siya with his hands to Kobe to "just call me" and Mamba said yes.  That was caught on the huge LED screen, much to the delight of the fans!  Ibang level na talaga tong si Pacman.
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2011 at 03:07 PM by mattia »

Offline skylynx888

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • breastmilk is also good for adults
  • Liked:
« Reply #363 on: Jul 25, 2011 at 04:41 PM »
anywhere we can download these games?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #364 on: Jul 25, 2011 at 04:56 PM »
anywhere we can download these games?  ;D ;D ;D

not sure where but what I'm hoping is for these games be made available to DVD for us local fans..

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #365 on: Jul 25, 2011 at 05:01 PM »
yeah, iba talaga charisma ni Pac

Yes.  Kabaligtaran ni Willy who was also there seated with MVP and Aga Muhlach.  When his face was focused on the big screen, crowd booed him :-\

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #366 on: Jul 25, 2011 at 05:18 PM »

Pacman and the Mamba.  Ang classic dito e yun paalis na si Pacman,  nag motion siya with his hands to Kobe to "just call me" and Mamba said yes.  That was caught on the huge LED screen, much to the delight of the fans!  Ibang level na talaga tong si Pacman.

Manny (aka Bruce Lee with the stache) to Kobe: "Call me... you know."

(Pardon the crudeness of this screen capture.)

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2011 at 05:20 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline Ashburndaride

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #367 on: Jul 25, 2011 at 06:53 PM »
Here's are some of the Players pics with Pac posted on their Twitters  ;D

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #368 on: Jul 25, 2011 at 07:32 PM »
Manny is da man!!  ;D

Holla!

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #369 on: Jul 26, 2011 at 07:21 AM »
Someone joked that if Lebron was part of the NBA team e baka daw nanalo pa ang Smart Gilas ;D 

Heard that SM is also planning to bring in NBA players in the future in time for the opening of the new SM MOA Arena.  Pweedeee....

Offline throwbackchampion

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Exquisite WWE DVD Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #370 on: Jul 26, 2011 at 02:33 PM »
Guys nakita ko sila lahat over the weekend Pre/Post Game, Press Con & Late Dinner w/ Manny Pangilinan. May pagka attitude yun iba even yun mga kasama kong bouncer nahihirapan ihandle pag nalalasing. especially si Harden.

Nways Just spoke w/ them lahat medyo matagal kay Reigning NBA MVP Derrick Rose & his agent NBA Legend & 3x NBA Champ BJ Armstrong. some pics below

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #371 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 10:56 AM »
This is a great article by Rafa Bartholomew (Pacific Rims) on the recent Ultimate Smart All-Star Weekend.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6812753/kobe-takes-manila-nba-not-invited

Really hoping that we get an encore from MVP, and that they won't need another lock-out to make it happen.   
We deserve better.

Online thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2193
« Reply #372 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 03:39 PM »
Request ko lang sana next time yayain naman si Rondo  ;D.
Or isang buong team na like Celtics, Mavs, Heat, or New York vs Smart Gilas din.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #373 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 03:49 PM »
Request ko lang sana next time yayain naman si Rondo  ;D.
Or isang buong team na like Celtics, Mavs, Heat, or New York vs Smart Gilas din.

i really wish they could include ray allen. tapos si allan caidic naman kasama sa philippine team.  :D
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #374 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 04:00 PM »
i really wish they could include ray allen. tapos si allan caidic naman kasama sa philippine team.  :D

Speaking of the Triggerman, I really believe this is what we lack -- pure shooters like Caidic.  Especially in international competitions where outside shooters rule.  We cannot compete with a PBA / NBA type of razzle dazzle, individualistic plays.  We need a shooter who can shoot off picks like Caidic or Ray Allen.

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #375 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 04:20 PM »
agree! after allan caidic, i don't recall of any other pure shooters in the PBA. merong mga dumating na shooters, pero not as consistent as caidic. at most, they can be called only as streak shooters (ritualo, macapagal, salvacion).
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Online thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #376 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 06:21 PM »
I agree on this as well.
The only way we could compete with international basketball is if all players can consistently shoot from the outside, including 3point and 10-15 footers. Di pepwede yung mga isolation one one one BS plays. Masyado tayong gumaya kay Jordan di naman pwede yun.
Philippine basketball (players, coaches, teams, etc) should realize this NOW! and develop outside shooting!
Di yung puro porma!!!
Yamaha AVR-S80
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Online thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #377 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 06:26 PM »
OT, sorry pero I just want to vent this out now and here.
The main reason nawalan ako ng ganang manuod ng PBA is precisely because wala nang pure shooters. Walang consistent outside shooters. Puro dribble iso pene di naman pasok!

Plus, just look at the current team names and their uniforms. Just try to watch a game. Ang daming nakasulat sa jersey di naman mabasa kung ano pangalang ng team! Pabago bago pa ng name, puro patawa na! Me paapoy apoy pa sa logo!

Unlike sa NBA, malinaw yung team names sa jersey. Identified mo agad yung team.
Yamaha AVR-S80
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #378 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 07:17 PM »
OT, sorry pero I just want to vent this out now and here.
The main reason nawalan ako ng ganang manuod ng PBA is precisely because wala nang pure shooters. Walang consistent outside shooters. Puro dribble iso pene di naman pasok!

Plus, just look at the current team names and their uniforms. Just try to watch a game. Ang daming nakasulat sa jersey di naman mabasa kung ano pangalang ng team! Pabago bago pa ng name, puro patawa na! Me paapoy apoy pa sa logo!

Unlike sa NBA, malinaw yung team names sa jersey. Identified mo agad yung team.

o.t.
eh gusto muna makapag-ankle-bender crossover at ma-feature sa play-of-the-day  ;D

naalala ko mga consistent outside shooters dati- allan caidic, ricardo brown, chip engelland, bogs adornado, narciso bernardo... and shin dong pa!

ngayon puro dribble ang mga pinoy, maliit na nga maski nasa perimeter pilit pa isasaksak. sana nung panahon ni danny florencio hehehe.

may international tournament ako napanood early 2000? napakaraming beses idribol bago magshoot samantalang mga kalaban nila pagbaba ng bola dribol pasa-pasa shoot.

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #379 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 07:29 PM »
namiss ko tuloy yung Era nila Jawo-Distrito-Loyzaga-Gonzalgo  ;D

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #380 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 07:48 PM »
some shots from my cam from yesterday's game vs smart gilas( from upper box a seat )

Derek must be asking where the Pacman got his haircut.

"loko 'tong si kalbo. justin-bibe 'do ni pacman yan deba?
sana sabi ni pacman, tigok na gumupit ng buhok niya- "Bai, he is a dead already"  ;D

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #381 on: Jul 30, 2011 at 01:27 AM »
Puro dribble iso pene di naman pasok!

Natutunan ng mga noypi yan sa mga kalsada. 

Tawag diyan salaksak.   :D

I think pinoys prefer this because basketball rings all around the streets in the Philippines are inconsistent: minsan malaki, minsan maliit, baliko pa yung iba, lalo na yung mga nakakabit sa puno at poste. 

Mahirap maging shooter kung tuwing dayo mo sa ibang lugar iba ang pag-asinta sa ring.

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #382 on: Jul 30, 2011 at 02:03 AM »
Pacman's da man!!! ;D siya pinupuntahan ng mga NBA players!

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #383 on: Jul 30, 2011 at 11:37 AM »
Natutunan ng mga noypi yan sa mga kalsada. 

Tawag diyan salaksak.   :D

I think pinoys prefer this because basketball rings all around the streets in the Philippines are inconsistent: minsan malaki, minsan maliit, baliko pa yung iba, lalo na yung mga nakakabit sa puno at poste. 

Mahirap maging shooter kung tuwing dayo mo sa ibang lugar iba ang pag-asinta sa ring.

ang siste noon nga may mga magaling na shooters kesa ngayon na maraming basketball clinics at matinong courts.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #384 on: Jul 30, 2011 at 03:11 PM »
o.t.
eh gusto muna makapag-ankle-bender crossover at ma-feature sa play-of-the-day  ;D

naalala ko mga consistent outside shooters dati- allan caidic, ricardo brown, chip engelland, bogs adornado, narciso bernardo... and shin dong pa!

ngayon puro dribble ang mga pinoy, maliit na nga maski nasa perimeter pilit pa isasaksak. sana nung panahon ni danny florencio hehehe.

may international tournament ako napanood early 2000? napakaraming beses idribol bago magshoot samantalang mga kalaban nila pagbaba ng bola dribol pasa-pasa shoot.

You forgot Fortunato "Atoy" Co, the only player in the world who will shoot an all alone 3 point shot. Ganun kakumpyansa si Fortune Cookie!  Like Bogs Adornado during their Crispa days, Atoy Co is also one hell of a pure shooter.  Gone also are the likes of Jun Papa and Joy Cleofas who can shoot the lights out at any given night.

And Danny Florencio?  Man, one of the best little man who perfected the undergoal stab.  My dad used to tell me muntik daw kunin sa NBA sa sobrang galing.  Is that news true?  Anyway, si Florencio eh kilay (eyebrows) lang e kumakagat na sa fake yun mga kalaban.  Kaya sorry Derrick Rose, you are not the original eyebrow fake artist ( as the NBA announcers claim ).  It's Danny Florencio, bro ;D

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #385 on: Jul 30, 2011 at 03:51 PM »
You forgot Fortunato "Atoy" Co, the only player in the world who will shoot an all alone 3 point shot. Ganun kakumpyansa si Fortune Cookie!  Like Bogs Adornado during their Crispa days, Atoy Co is also one hell of a pure shooter.  Gone also are the likes of Jun Papa and Joy Cleofas who can shoot the lights out at any given night.

And Danny Florencio?  Man, one of the best little man who perfected the undergoal stab.  My dad used to tell me muntik daw kunin sa NBA sa sobrang galing.  Is that news true?  Anyway, si Florencio eh kilay (eyebrows) lang e kumakagat na sa fake yun mga kalaban.  Kaya sorry Derrick Rose, you are not the original eyebrow fake artist ( as the NBA announcers claim ).  It's Danny Florencio, bro ;D

i dont know about the dannyflorencio/nba news. 5'9" lang siya pero tindi ng laro sa ilalim. hindi na pwede ngayon yun. dati 6'3" lang center na (ely tolentino), si bigboyreynoso nga 6'1" center din

NC pa lang kinakatakutan na si atoy co. sa pba, palapit pa lang sa 3pt line tume-takeoff na ang tira ni atoy. si jun papa at estong estrada maski mga bondat magaling naman mag-shoot. isa pa si lim eng beng.

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2400
« Reply #386 on: Jul 30, 2011 at 04:36 PM »
Oh those are the magnificent days. Crispa, Toyota, Utex etc. I'm still waiting for Crispa or Toyota dynasty series in dvd. Tapos meron pa mga championship games sa mga special features. ;)  I will buy it the first day. ;D

Sana talaga malabas ito.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #387 on: Aug 02, 2011 at 10:42 PM »
#NBA files unfair labor practice charge, federal lawsuit charge against NBPA: http://bit.ly/qO7Hjz

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #388 on: Aug 03, 2011 at 11:01 AM »
Stern makes a good point. Who are the players trying to threaten by playing overseas for pennies of what they could be raking-in in a season? 3 million compared to, what, 16 million? And you risk being injured and not being paid as well. And who do you think will get the big bucks overseas? The superstars! Bench players and role players who don't get the moolah will be left out in the cold to fend for whatever's left and that's not a good thing.

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #389 on: Aug 03, 2011 at 09:58 PM »
masyado din kasing sakim sa pera yang mga players na yan.