Author Topic: NBA 2012 Season  (Read 496622 times)

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2654
Re: NBA 2011 Offseason and Lockout
« Reply #510 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 09:59 AM »
meron bang sister teams sa nba tulad ng sa pba?
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #511 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 09:59 AM »
Apparently.....the press release is, owners were livid that NOH was getting too much in return.

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #512 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 10:03 AM »
baka gusto ng NBA NY ang makakuha kay cp3?kaya nirevoke nila yung deal?

the knicks already lost their cap space for paul and used it on tyson chandler instead $58m for four years.

Offline dmaximus

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • "People should know when they are conquered."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #513 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 10:06 AM »
and once again stern screwed the NBA  ;D

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #514 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 10:07 AM »

baka gusto ng NBA NY ang makakuha kay cp3?kaya nirevoke nila yung deal?

Pag si Paul eventually ma-trade to another big market team, kalokohan na talaga 'to...
We deserve better.

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #515 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 10:07 AM »
the knicks already lost their cap space for paul and used it on tyson chandler instead $58m for four years.

given the way stern runs the NBA, i wouldn't be surprised if he works his voodoo behind the scenes and gives NY their own version of the big 3. :)

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #516 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 10:08 AM »
Pag si Paul eventually ma-trade to another big market team, kalokohan na talaga 'to...

as long as sa knicks sya mapunta,di ko titingan as kalokohan.pag sa lakers,e gaguhan talaga! ;D

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #517 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 10:10 AM »
but if d12 ends up with the lakeshow,e that'd be more formidable than a cp3-kb24 pairing imho.

Offline kimpOy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #518 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 10:21 AM »
oh well... on to dho!

actually giving up 2/3 frontliner to cp3 is a big loss for the lakers
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2011 at 10:29 AM by kimpOy »

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #519 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 10:50 AM »
Quote from Phil Jackson from last year:

"Who's going to trade who to whom? Who's going to pull the button on trading player or when Chris [Paul] says he has to be traded? How's that going to go? I don't know. Somebody's going to have to make a very nonjudgmental decision on that part that's not going to irritate anybody else in this league ... I don't know how they're going to do that."

The Hornets basketball decisions and day-to-day operations will continue to be controlled by team president Hugh Weber and general manager Dell Demps, but Jackson was skeptical any move made by New Orleans would be viewed as the league helping out another franchise.

"That's what everybody is going to be afraid of: Who is going to be helping who out?" Jackson said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5968288
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2011 at 10:52 AM by rusty »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #520 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 11:03 AM »
So as of now the Lakers are keeping Pau Gasol, a 4-time All-Star, and Lamar Odom, the current Sixth Man of the Year.

Still sounds good to me  :P

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2193
« Reply #521 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 11:04 AM »
I think there is too much hype about CP3 and Dwight H. 2 - too overated players.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #522 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 11:04 AM »
The bigger question:

Where does the NBA let the Hornets trade CP3 to and will that deal be better than the vetoed one?

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #523 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 11:15 AM »
Chris Paul is doing all the right things right now by essentially ‘protesting’ the decision. Paul has contacted Billy Hunter and the NBPA will use its legal powers to make the trade go through. In addition, Paul will not be attending Hornets’ training camp which will begin on Friday.

ginalit pa nila ngayon si chris paul. lol. if he wont be traded now then he will walk as a free agent then the hornets will be "lebroned". haha.

« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2011 at 11:25 AM by XanderCage »

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #524 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 11:34 AM »
now what's going to be the situation with the Lakers? parang ilang yata knowing that your team just tried to trade you.. may confidence/aggressiveness issues na nga si Pau at Lamar tapos nangyari pa 'to.. that's going to be tough..

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #525 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 12:42 PM »
Bonus: Lakers Beat Boston to @CP3  ;D ;D ;D

Boy!  That was embarrassing huh!   :D ;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #526 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 12:45 PM »
and sana ma close na yung chandler deal to NY. ;D

knicks are back! ;D

PG nalang kulang if iwaive nga talaga si billups.

bakit nga pala sya iwawaive? ???

NY won't be able to sign Chandler if Billups is still in the line up.

Offline dmaximus

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • "People should know when they are conquered."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #527 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 01:24 PM »
Boy!  That was embarrassing huh!   :D ;D

;D last time i checked im not David Stern. Why should I be embarassed?  ;)

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #528 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 01:37 PM »
Quote from: @Chris_Broussard
Nets have emerged as No. 1 choice for Dwight Howard, multiple sources say. D12 is expected to ask Magic to trade him to NJ.

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 377
« Reply #529 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 01:45 PM »
In this CP3 trade fiasco, Stern was absolutely strong-armed by the league owners ..... helped by the fact that the owners were at their most vocal and were united - being in the final stages of approving the new CBA.

It's obvious that the team owners (other than LA's Buss of course) had seen enough of NBA superstars ending up in the high-profile Lakers team ..... I myself found the Gasol-Brown trade years ago, extremely lopsided.  

However the CP3-to-LA trade wasn't lopsided for the Hornets (which the NBA owns) ..... they would have gotten a few good players plus a 1st round pick from Houston.

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #530 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 03:37 PM »
honestly, I felt that the trade of gasol and odom just to get cp3 was a bad deal. Also, CP3 and Kobe have skills that are not complimentary.

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #531 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 03:40 PM »
as a laker fan, i think it's a terrible deal losing pau and odom to cp3. its a very bad deal, its hard to find dominant big man. f*ck

also i don't think kb and cp3 complement each other.

funny, we have almost the same exact reaction.

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #532 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 03:55 PM »
Here's the email from Dan Gilbert to David Stern that might have led to the decision. Makes sense actually on a financial basis.

Commissioner,

It would be a travesty to allow the Lakers to acquire Chris Paul in the apparent trade being discussed.

This trade should go to a vote of the 29 owners of the Hornets.

Over the next three seasons this deal would save the Lakers approximately $20 million in salaries and approximately $21 million in luxury taxes. That $21 million goes to non-taxpaying teams and to fund revenue sharing.

I cannot remember ever seeing a trade where a team got by far the best player in the trade and saved over $40 million in the process. And it doesn’t appear that they would give up any draft picks, which might allow to later make a trade for Dwight Howard. (They would also get a large trade exception that would help them improve their team and/or eventually trade for Howard.) When the Lakers got Pau Gasol (at the time considered an extremely lopsided trade) they took on tens of millions in additional salary and luxury tax and they gave up a number of prospects (one in Marc Gasol who may become a max-salary player).

I just don’t see how we can allow this trade to happen.

I know the vast majority of owners feel the same way that I do.

When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #533 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 04:48 PM »
In a second shocking move today, the NBA has ruled that three-point shots taken by the Los Angeles Lakers will only be worth two points.

Commissioner David Stern's office has cited "basketball reasons" for the change, though many sources around the league believe the move was made to restore competitive balance.

It is believed Stern's office is also considering a move that would force the Lakers to play in socks, without shoes on.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #534 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 05:12 PM »
Hindi naman siguro kasalanan ni Stern na hindi matuloy ang LAL-HOU-NOH trade. Kahit, gustuhin man ni Stern (since, ang nag-ma-mayari sa NOH ay ang NBA) na i-trade si CP3 sa LAL ... ayaw naman ng ibang team owners. Majority rules ... Sigurado ako, kung si Stern ang masusunod -- pipiliin niya na mag-sama sina Kobe, Howard and CP3. Kailangan kasi ni Stern na makabawi sa mga kita na nawala dahil sa lockout.

Hindi siguro puwedeng i-kumpara ang MIA sa sitwasyon ng LAL. May karapatan kasi sina LeBron and Bosh na mamili kung saan nila gustong pumirma ng kontrata at maglaro. Walang karapatan ang ibang owners na mag-reklamo.
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2011 at 05:25 PM by geckoph »

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #535 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 05:31 PM »
In a second shocking move today, the NBA has ruled that three-point shots taken by the Los Angeles Lakers will only be worth two points.

Commissioner David Stern's office has cited "basketball reasons" for the change, though many sources around the league believe the move was made to restore competitive balance.

It is believed Stern's office is also considering a move that would force the Lakers to play in socks, without shoes on.

is this serious sir marvin?? what the heck bakit lakers lang?
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #536 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 05:50 PM »
Hindi naman siguro kasalanan ni Stern na hindi matuloy ang LAL-HOU-NOH trade. Kahit, gustuhin man ni Stern (since, ang nag-ma-mayari sa NOH ay ang NBA) na i-trade si CP3 sa LAL ... ayaw naman ng ibang team owners. Majority rules ... Sigurado ako, kung si Stern ang masusunod -- pipiliin niya na mag-sama sina Kobe, Howard and CP3. Kailangan kasi ni Stern na makabawi sa mga kita na nawala dahil sa lockout.

Hindi siguro puwedeng i-kumpara ang MIA sa sitwasyon ng LAL. May karapatan kasi sina LeBron and Bosh na mamili kung saan nila gustong pumirma ng kontrata at maglaro. Walang karapatan ang ibang owners na mag-reklamo.

No its Sterns fault. He gave GM Demps the authority to act on the deal and turned around when pressured by other owners.  DEmps actually did a great job in getting NO the pieces for giving up Paul.  He got borderline allstars and starters in Odom, Scola, Martin and a good PG in Dragic.  It was a fair deal.  Even Laker fans where adamant that they are giving up two quality bigs in Pau and Odom.

Stern was pressured coz they didnt want superstars like Paul dictate where they want to go.  They also didnt want big market teams raiding smaller teams of good players.  At least that was one of the reasons they had a lockout.

But still it was a fair deal.

Actually PhilJax, sounded off on this situation a year ago.  He is really a step ahead of us:

"Who’s going to pull the button on it?" Jackson asked. "When Chris [Paul] says he has to be traded, how’s that going to go? … Someone’s going to have to make a very nonjudgmental decision on that part that’s not going to irritate anyone else in the league."

It was unprecedented, shocking and most players and GMs were irate over the action.  

« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2011 at 05:51 PM by Munskie »

Offline Yunarce

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #537 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 06:16 PM »
It's only the first day after the lockout and trouble finds it's way to the NBA. Stern should really retire now.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #538 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 06:35 PM »
They forgot they all own the Hornets.  Nows the directive is to hold on to Paul as long as pssible.  He'l be gone via free agency in 66 games.  What will they get in return?

Will Stern approved a CP3 trade to other teams that isnt as sweet as they got in the rejected deal?

If he blocked the CP3 move to LA, does this mean there will be no trade to bigger market teams too, like boston, new york, dallas?

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #539 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 10:41 PM »
@Chris_Broussard tweets "Sources say Brandon Roy to announce medical retirement due to degenerative knees, possibly as soon as today"