Author Topic: NBA 2012 Season  (Read 497107 times)

Offline james16

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • passion that touches the soul...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: NBA 2012 Season
« Reply #840 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 09:21 AM »
i wonder if there are any upcoming schedules of games for studio 23, la ksi kming basketball tv eh

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #841 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 10:39 AM »
Miami's lead over Boston is down to 8 entering the 4Q. Choking time.
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2011 at 10:40 AM by bumblebee »

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #842 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 11:24 AM »
galing ni Norris Cole.

Offline mikz023

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #843 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 11:37 AM »
who won? Miami or Boston? nakablock kac nba d2 sa ofis eh.  >:(

Offline Ozzy

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #844 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 11:40 AM »
It's Miami

Miami 115
Boston 107
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2011 at 12:27 PM by Ozzy »

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
« Reply #845 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 11:44 AM »
HEEEEAAT, strikes again...
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #846 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 01:24 PM »
galing ni Norris Cole! :D

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #847 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 01:34 PM »
Yep, Norris Cole in the 4Q. Wonder where is LeBron?

Anyone noticed how the Celtics caught up every time Wade is on the bench?
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2011 at 04:27 PM by bumblebee »

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #848 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 01:41 PM »
Great win by LA over the lowly Jazz. I hope they can continue to tune up their game and adjust to one another so they reach the Conference finals.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #849 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 01:46 PM »
Great win by LA over the lowly Jazz. I hope they can continue to tune up their game and adjust to one another so they reach the Conference finals.

FINALLY!!

Seems MWPeace is the coach's favorite ah! Babad ng husto eh...Where is Matt Barnes?
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #850 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 02:19 PM »
finally a WIN by LAL.

by the way, whats the latest with Andrei Kirilenko? staying in europe ba siya?

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #851 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 04:55 PM »
i wonder if there are any upcoming schedules of games for studio 23, la ksi kming basketball tv eh

This page on NBA.com provides the broadcast schedule for both free TV (Studio 23) and cable channels (BTV, NBA Premium, ESPN) in the Philippines:

http://www.nba.com/schedules/international_nba_tv_schedule.html?RID=26&cName=Philippines.  

Must-see game on Friday: NYK @ LAL.

Speaking of the Lakers, good that they finally got a win.  Would've been awful to start with a 0-3 slate.  I'll reserve judgment on the chances of the Lakers this season until they get Bynum back.  He's obviously crucial to Mike Brown's plans to make the Lakers a better defensive team this year.  

Same for the Celtics - they're still missing Pierce.  But they should be able to take care of the Hornets tomorrow.  

So among the favorites, looks like it's Dallas that's going to start 0-3.  Next up for them: OKC pa.

« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2011 at 04:59 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 955
« Reply #852 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 05:19 PM »
Maganda laro ni Kobe and Gasol kanina plus good bench support. The Troy Murphy and McRoberts signing is turning out to be a good deal. For three games in a row they provided the much needed hustle for the team and they are both willing to do the dirty work.

On hindsight...Odom has virtually contributed nothing to Dallas for the past two games. Acclimation to a different playing system perhaps.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #853 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 05:21 PM »
This page on NBA.com provides the broadcast schedule for both free TV (Studio 23) and cable channels (BTV, NBA Premium, ESPN) in the Philippines:

http://www.nba.com/schedules/international_nba_tv_schedule.html?RID=26&cName=Philippines.  

Must-see game on Friday: NYK @ LAL.

Speaking of the Lakers, good that they finally got a win.  Would've been awful to start with a 0-3 slate.  I'll reserve judgment on the chances of the Lakers this season until they get Bynum back.  He's obviously crucial to Mike Brown's plans to make the Lakers a better defensive team this year.  

Same for the Celtics - they're still missing Pierce.  But they should be able to take care of the Hornets tomorrow.  

So among the favorites, looks like it's Dallas that's going to start 0-3.  Next up for them: OKC pa.

Coach Mike Brown has a better team than what he had when he took the Cavs to the Finals against the Spurs.
Lets see if he can do the same with the Lakers or even win it all.
If that will be the case then i may conclude he just had a QUITTER/CHOKER before in Cleveland.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline iammarcotoo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #854 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 05:26 PM »
FINALLY!!

Seems MWPeace is the coach's favorite ah! Babad ng husto eh...Where is Matt Barnes?

Matt Barnes have a hip injury suffered during preseason. He can play (i think he played in Sacramento) but i think the coach is taking his time. Ebanks is doing a decent job naman e..but i think Matt should still start when he is healthy.

BTW, that 2nd rounder Goudelock has potential. He has great spot-up 3-pt shooting. Like a Shannon Brown without the explosiveness.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #855 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 05:40 PM »
If that will be the case then i may conclude he just had a QUITTER/CHOKER before in Cleveland.

He did ;D So did Spoelstra last season.
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2011 at 05:42 PM by bumblebee »

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #856 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 05:42 PM »
Matt Barnes have a hip injury suffered during preseason. He can play (i think he played in Sacramento) but i think the coach is taking his time. Ebanks is doing a decent job naman e..but i think Matt should still start when he is healthy.

BTW, that 2nd rounder Goudelock has potential. He has great spot-up 3-pt shooting. Like a Shannon Brown without the explosiveness.

oh Shannon Brown, i completely forgot about this kid. Which team did he transfer? He was a very good reliever to Kobe the past seasons.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #857 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 05:47 PM »
He did ;D So did Spoelstra last season.

That will be interesting should both coaches face each other in the Finals.
Vindication for Brown, Spoelstra along with the QUITTER/CHOKER.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline iammarcotoo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #858 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 06:01 PM »
oh Shannon Brown, i completely forgot about this kid. Which team did he transfer? He was a very good reliever to Kobe the past seasons.

he signed a 1-yr deal with the Suns. He had a horrible debut with only one FG i think. I am actually proud of the progress of this kid. He was an unknown with Charlotte. The Lakers, already a championship team with an established roster gave him a chance to come in after Kobe and he flourished.

His agent says they only signed a 1 yr contract to increase his stock come 2012 free agency, but i believe signing with the Suns is a wrong move because:
1. He still comes off the bench like with the Lakers (and i don't think he will get starter minutes..he got some starter minutes with the Lakers if he is playing very well..Kobe (SG) and him (PG) playing together.
2. He would have had a better chance with the Lakers than the Suns to increase his stock because he could have competed for the starting SF role. in his case..Kobe can move to the starting SF and Brown to SG. With Metta, Barnes, Blake, McRoberts and Murphy coming of the bench. Ebanks is still raw.
3. He could have had a better chance with other teams where he could have started. He can start on a bad team for sure. i just don't know which "bad teams" were interested in his services.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #859 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 06:08 PM »
he signed a 1-yr deal with the Suns. He had a horrible debut with only one FG i think. I am actually proud of the progress of this kid. He was an unknown with Charlotte. The Lakers, already a championship team with an established roster gave him a chance to come in after Kobe and he flourished.

His agent says they only signed a 1 yr contract to increase his stock come 2012 free agency, but i believe signing with the Suns is a wrong move because:
1. He still comes off the bench like with the Lakers (and i don't think he will get starter minutes..he got some starter minutes with the Lakers if he is playing very well..Kobe (SG) and him (PG) playing together.
2. He would have had a better chance with the Lakers than the Suns to increase his stock because he could have competed for the starting SF role. in his case..Kobe can move to the starting SF and Brown to SG. With Metta, Barnes, Blake, McRoberts and Murphy coming of the bench. Ebanks is still raw.
3. He could have had a better chance with other teams where he could have started. He can start on a bad team for sure. i just don't know which "bad teams" were interested in his services.

He has the explosiveness teams look for at the SG position.
I would love to see him play under the High Octane RUN and GUN D Antoni system.
i still recall when Kobe was injured, he filled the starting role very decently for the Lakers.
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2011 at 06:14 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline iammarcotoo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #860 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 09:30 AM »
He has the explosiveness teams look for at the SG position.
I would love to see him play under the High Octane RUN and GUN D Antoni system.
i still recall when Kobe was injured, he filled the starting role very decently for the Lakers.

+1 to that....yun din ok sa Lakers management..if they see potential, they give you a chance....nangyri na kay Ariza then kay Brown...hopefully mangyari kay Ebanks at Goudelock

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #861 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 10:19 AM »
If the Spurs don't get hit by injuries, I'd say they will be the dark horse in the West.. they're practically the same team that topped the West last season.. and this shortened season is good for Duncan and Manu.. maybe another post-lockout crown for the Spurs?

Offline Kd Jb

• Trade Count: (+113)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #862 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 10:27 AM »
Wow 3-0 na heat. Ibang klase tlaga si wade kahit na medyo minamalas but when the game is on d line u can really expect him to deliver.

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #863 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 10:52 AM »

He was on the way out since the playoffs last year.  Shannon was caught banging Pau Gasol's girlfriend... kaya wala sa sarili si Pau nung playoffs...

***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #864 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 01:07 PM »
Wow 3-0 na heat. Ibang klase tlaga si wade kahit na medyo minamalas but when the game is on d line u can really expect him to deliver.

Buti na lang hindi si LeBron ang tumira ng game winning shot  ;D
Let's Go Heat!

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
« Reply #865 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 01:29 PM »
go HEAT... and Bulls...
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #866 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 01:45 PM »
From TMac: DHoward, D-Will in Dallas in 2012.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #867 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 01:53 PM »
New York, New York, New York!
Typical D Antoni team. Pag swerte they'll shoot the lights out and out score every opponents but kung MALAS, their offense suffocates and w/o any defense, blown out by their opponents.
« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2011 at 06:52 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #868 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 03:01 PM »
He was on the way out since the playoffs last year.  Shannon was caught banging Pau Gasol's girlfriend... kaya wala sa sarili si Pau nung playoffs...

Tagang slam dunk artist pala itong si Shannon Brown!

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #869 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 03:06 PM »
Buti na lang hindi si LeBron ang tumira ng game winning shot  ;D
Let's Go Heat!

As I watch Lebron every game, it is very clear that he is not the go-to-guy at winning time.  Wade is the ultimate closer ala Jordan or Nowitzki or even Larry Bird.  Lebron, however, is a super duper athletic player.  Maybe the most athletic in the NBA today.  But come winning time, Wade is it.  Again, i keep telling my friends, Lebron is like the Nelson Asaytono of old.  Power, scorer, except a go-to-guy at winning time.  It's Alvin Patrimonio who does the winning.  Just like Wade ;D