Author Topic: NBA 2012 Season  (Read 496602 times)

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 952
Re: NBA 2012 Season
« Reply #870 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 03:24 PM »
If the Spurs don't get hit by injuries, I'd say they will be the dark horse in the West.. they're practically the same team that topped the West last season.. and this shortened season is good for Duncan and Manu.. maybe another post-lockout crown for the Spurs?

The shortened season might take it's toll on those old tired legs....last year Pop was even resting Timmy on the 2nd night of back to back games to conserve his body.  This year they will have games like what the Lakers just had...three games in three days. To compound things...the manner in which Memphis manhandled them last season will surely give them something to think about should those two teams meet again. Marc Gasol literally owned Tim Duncan in the paint during that series. Rudy Gay wasn't even in that series because he had an injury. He was their 2nd leading scorer during the reglar season. They didn't have an answer to Z-Bo as well as he run amuck for almost 28ppg.

The Spurs are not like what they used to...they simply granted too many long term contracts to players that are on the decline. Imagine paying for almost 50 million for RJefferson...there goes your financial flexibility down the drain for the next three years.
« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2011 at 03:44 PM by synchro_01 »
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline iammarcotoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #871 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 03:25 PM »
If the Spurs don't get hit by injuries, I'd say they will be the dark horse in the West.. they're practically the same team that topped the West last season.. and this shortened season is good for Duncan and Manu.. maybe another post-lockout crown for the Spurs?

i disagree with your point that a shortened season is good for Duncan and Manu. hehe! Remember that even though the team will  play less games (66 than the normal 82), all teams will play a lot of back to backs and all teams will have at least one back-to-back. That is bad news with veterans who are on the early - mid - late side of 30 like Kobe, Duncan, Manu, Nash, who not only has been playing for more than 12 years, have been to the playoffs most of their careers. I would want to see veteran teams like Lakers and Spurs challenge OKC this yr but im not keeping my hopes up. But i will still be cheering for the Lakers this season...and booing Miami.. :)

Offline iammarcotoo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #872 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 03:28 PM »
As I watch Lebron every game, it is very clear that he is not the go-to-guy at winning time.  Wade is the ultimate closer ala Jordan or Nowitzki or even Larry Bird.  Lebron, however, is a super duper athletic player.  Maybe the most athletic in the NBA today.  But come winning time, Wade is it.  Again, i keep telling my friends, Lebron is like the Nelson Asaytono of old.  Power, scorer, except a go-to-guy at winning time.  It's Alvin Patrimonio who does the winning.  Just like Wade ;D

i agree...LeBron is the best player in the NBA.....

for the first 3 quarters...hehehe!

Offline iammarcotoo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #873 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 03:30 PM »
The shortened season might take it's toll on those old tired legs....last year Pop was even resting Timmy on the 2nd night of back to back games to conserve his body.  This year they will have games like what the Lakers just had...three games in three days. To compound things...the manner in which Memphis manhandled them last season will surely give them something to think about should those two teams meet again. Marc Gasol literally owned Tim Duncan in the paint during that series. Rudy Gay wasn't even in that series because he had an injury. He was their 2nd leading scorer during the reglar season. They didn't have an answer to Z-Bo as well as he run amuck for almost 28ppg.

They Spurs are not like what they used to...they simply granted too many long term contracts to players that are on the decline. Imagine paying for almost 50 million for RJefferson...there goes your financial flexibility down the drain for the next three years.

I still don't understand why they didn't amnesty RJ. Almost every NBA analyst were expecting him to be in the waiver wires last preseason....

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #874 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 03:46 PM »
He was on the way out since the playoffs last year.  Shannon was caught banging Pau Gasol's girlfriend... kaya wala sa sarili si Pau nung playoffs...

talaga palang explosive tong so brown hahahahaha
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #875 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 03:55 PM »
I still don't understand why they didn't amnesty RJ. Almost every NBA analyst were expecting him to be in the waiver wires last preseason....

Maybe they are still counting on that breakout season that RJEFFERSON was supposed to deliver when they signed him. RJ was great when he had JKidd as his set up guy. He got the ball at the right time to be able to contribute. Even Kmart was able to snag a ludicrous contract with Denver and after a year Denver saw how one sided his game was without JKidd. RJ on the other hand is now with Parker who is primarily a scoring PG so RJ doesn't get the ball where he can be effective.

If I remember it correctly he had a game in that Memphis series wherein he was 0 out of 7 for no points at all. That is what 50million can buy.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Kd Jb

• Trade Count: (+113)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #876 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 03:59 PM »
Akala ko nirelease na ng spurs si rj nasa spurs pa pala uli

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #877 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 04:03 PM »

True...and unless he exorcises his demons in the 4th quarter he will always be the guy who hitched a ride with D-Wade in order to get where he wants to be.

Where is the player who torched the Detroit Bad Boys ver.02 for 25 straight points in the last quarter to will his Cleveland team to victory? Nowadays he will just simply....pass the ball to his friend.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #878 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 04:11 PM »

;D I remember the Big J making the same comment while being interviewed (by Chino or Ronnie yata ) and asked about Ginebra's slimming chances...

Sportscaster : Coach, what can you say about your chances tonight? 0-2 na kayo.
Jawo :  Alam mo, Chino. If you analyze the past two games, e lamang kami lagi ng third quarter....
(e coach, hanggang 4 quarters ang basketball e..hehehe)

Dapat yata si Jawo ang coach ni Lebron :D 

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #879 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 05:37 PM »
The shortened season might take it's toll on those old tired legs....last year Pop was even resting Timmy on the 2nd night of back to back games to conserve his body.  This year they will have games like what the Lakers just had...three games in three days. To compound things...the manner in which Memphis manhandled them last season will surely give them something to think about should those two teams meet again. Marc Gasol literally owned Tim Duncan in the paint during that series. Rudy Gay wasn't even in that series because he had an injury. He was their 2nd leading scorer during the reglar season. They didn't have an answer to Z-Bo as well as he run amuck for almost 28ppg.

The Spurs are not like what they used to...they simply granted too many long term contracts to players that are on the decline. Imagine paying for almost 50 million for RJefferson...there goes your financial flexibility down the drain for the next three years.

Maybe, they're waiting for the right off-season to use it. Teams can use it once during the 10-year agreement, before any season, on a player whose contract already is done and who is on the team.
« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2011 at 05:41 PM by geckoph »

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #880 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 06:03 PM »
Maybe, they're waiting for the right off-season to use it. Teams can use it once during the 10-year agreement, before any season, on a player whose contract already is done and who is on the team.

Probably. If they don't get deep enough in the playoffs they should blow this team up already. Tim is already a keeper up to his retirement while the others can be traded while they still have value most notably Parker whose young legs have the mileage of a 13 year veteran and Manu who still can hold his own. They need to surround Tim with the right amount of talent while he still can anchor the middle. More playing time for Blair, Hill and the other young guns that they have. They need to have a torchbearer for the franchise when Tim retires in two years or so. I don't see that happening in Parker nor Manu.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #881 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 07:58 PM »
Probably. If they don't get deep enough in the playoffs they should blow this team up already. Tim is already a keeper up to his retirement while the others can be traded while they still have value most notably Parker whose young legs have the mileage of a 13 year veteran and Manu who still can hold his own. They need to surround Tim with the right amount of talent while he still can anchor the middle. More playing time for Blair, Hill and the other young guns that they have. They need to have a torchbearer for the franchise when Tim retires in two years or so. I don't see that happening in Parker nor Manu.

Hill is now playing for the Pacers.
« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2011 at 07:58 PM by geckoph »

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #882 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 08:22 PM »
Hill is now playing for the Pacers.

Wow...that explains why I wasn't able to see him during their last game. Akala ko injured lang. Sayang may potential pa naman yung Hill. Was it through a trade or through FA?
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #883 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 10:13 PM »
He was on the way out since the playoffs last year.  Shannon was caught banging Pau Gasol's girlfriend... kaya wala sa sarili si Pau nung playoffs...

same with lebron
Lebron's GF to r  lewis - kya CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE sya sa FINALS hahaha

Love me or hate me.....

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #884 on: Dec 30, 2011 at 10:40 AM »

Kumusta naman yung mga kaibigan nating Celtics fans. Hello...hello...hello
Anyone out there...out there...out there...
Any wins yet...wins yet...wins yet...
 :)

Pierce is out and they are thin at Center spot.....I guess that magnifies the effect of that Perkins-Green trade.

Offline Kd Jb

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #885 on: Dec 30, 2011 at 11:25 AM »
Tsk tsk 0-3 na dallas. Naolats na naman sa thunders buzzer beater ni durant

Phoenix suns signed michael redd. Great addition sa suns to

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #886 on: Dec 30, 2011 at 12:29 PM »
Ty Lawson for Most Improved Player. 8 steals so far.

Offline skylynx888

• DVD Addict
  • breastmilk is also good for adults
  • Liked:
« Reply #887 on: Dec 30, 2011 at 12:37 PM »
may all star game pa rin ba kahit shortened ang season?

KDs buzzer beater
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Jf1jIhNLI

Offline Kd Jb

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #888 on: Dec 30, 2011 at 01:03 PM »
may all star game pa rin ba kahit shortened ang season?

KDs buzzer beater
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Jf1jIhNLI

Meron sa orlando ata ang all star game sa february

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #889 on: Dec 30, 2011 at 03:23 PM »
Pierce is out and they are thin at Center spot.....I guess that magnifies the effect of that Perkins-Green trade.

yup the worst trade ...ampf
Love me or hate me.....

Offline Kd Jb

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #890 on: Dec 31, 2011 at 10:29 AM »
At nanalo din ang celtics.

Offline Kd Jb

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #891 on: Dec 31, 2011 at 11:11 AM »
Pati ang dallas nanalo bago matapos ang taon. Monster game by mahinmi, 18pts

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #892 on: Dec 31, 2011 at 01:03 PM »
Pati ang dallas nanalo bago matapos ang taon. Monster game by mahinmi, 18pts

but ODOM hasnt been fitted well into the Dallas system.
Such a waste of talent should he not be able to perform like what he did with the Lakers.

So far there are/were only 3 wingmen who i admire in the NBA.
Scottie Pippen
Shawn Marion
Lamar Odom
« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2011 at 07:32 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Kd Jb

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #893 on: Dec 31, 2011 at 01:52 PM »
but ODOM hasnt been fitted well into the Dallas system.
Such a waste of talent should he not be able to perform like what he did with the Lakers.

Oo nga e di pa rin nakaka adjust si odom sa dallas. Baka nahimasmasan na nabigla lang ata nung umalis ng lakers e hehe

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #894 on: Dec 31, 2011 at 02:33 PM »
Monster game by D Rose 29 pts and 16 assists getting all teamates involved in offense that resulted to double figures by the Bulls' first five.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #895 on: Dec 31, 2011 at 07:23 PM »
At nanalo din ang celtics.
sa wakas hehehe

galing ni ROSE
Love me or hate me.....

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #896 on: Jan 01, 2012 at 09:36 AM »
Impressive debut by Bynum 29 pts and 13 rebs. If he continues to be healthy and plays like that, then LA is a shoo in to the Conference finals.
Gasol and Bynum give the Lakers size and power.
The only missing piece now is the wing position vacated by ODOM so they must develop players to fill into that position.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Kd Jb

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #897 on: Jan 01, 2012 at 10:06 AM »
Impressive debut by Bynum 29 pts and 13 rebs. If he continues to be healthy and plays like that, then LA is a shoo in to the Conference finals.
Gasol and Bynum give the Lakers size and power.
The only missing piece now is the wing position vacated by ODOM so they must develop players to fill into that position.

Gigil na gigil maglaro si bynum. Kung palaging ganito laro ni bynum who cares for howard daw hehe

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #898 on: Jan 01, 2012 at 10:22 AM »
Gigil na gigil maglaro si bynum. Kung palaging ganito laro ni bynum who cares for howard daw hehe

True Gasol and Bynum combo is what other team will have to envy.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Kd Jb

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #899 on: Jan 01, 2012 at 10:28 AM »
Yi jianlian is set to sign with dallas. Another firepower. Yeah