Author Topic: NBA 2012 Season  (Read 497356 times)

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
Re: NBA 2012 Season
« Reply #3840 on: May 27, 2012 at 01:34 PM »
I like to see the Heat go up against a rejuvinated Garnett :D hopefully makabalik na uli si Bosh.

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3841 on: May 27, 2012 at 01:39 PM »
I like to see the Heat go up against a rejuvinated Garnett :D hopefully makabalik na uli si Bosh.

rejuvenated Garnett vs. rejuvenated Duncan in the NBA Finals

Duncan hates KG  :D

yahoo article
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012 at 02:42 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline geckoph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3842 on: May 27, 2012 at 01:39 PM »
NBA Finals Scenario:
...Miami vs. San Antonio -- Let's Go Heat, Beat the Spurs!
...Boston vs. San Antonio -- Let's Go Celtics, Beat the Spurs!
...Miami vs. Oklahoma City -- Let's Go Thunder, Beat the Heat!
...Boston vs. Oklahoma City -- Let's Go Thunder, Beat the C's!

Online bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3843 on: May 27, 2012 at 04:43 PM »
now this gave me a chuckle, specially the second one. do you "Hate the Heat" so much as to not check out some of their games? The pick-and-roll/pick-and-spacing is their bread and butter. how do you think Wade and Lebron got to the rim that much?

check this article: http://www.nba.com/heat/news/pickspacing_the_indiana_pacers_120525.html

and here's an excerpt:
contrary to what a lot of people think, Eric Spoelstra is a good coach and he not just ride on Lebron and Wade. If it weren't for his offensive adjustments the Pacers would be playing in the ECF instead of the Heat and it's all thanks to his starting out as a player scout and video coordinator.

other players don't know how to shoot once they get a chance? why do you think they put a lot of shooters in the floor like Battier, Chalmers, Miller, and Jones with Wade and Lebron? these guys know what to do once their number is called.

don't hate so much on one team, sir. It makes you blind to the reality.

so, what were you saying again?

PS: do check out the video to see what i mean.

Bread and butter? Since when? And in a bit of irony, for a play so seldom seen, it created an open shot because the Thunder did too much to try and stop it.

Wade and James haven’t been super effective in the pick and roll throughout their time together, but that’s still the guys you want with the ball.

Reality. Let's see then.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2012 at 04:48 PM by bumblebee »

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3844 on: May 27, 2012 at 05:14 PM »
Bread and butter? Since when? And in a bit of irony, for a play so seldom seen, it created an open shot because the Thunder did too much to try and stop it.

Wade and James haven’t been super effective in the pick and roll throughout their time together, but that’s still the guys you want with the ball.

Reality. Let's see then.

did you even read the article or even the excerpt? did you even remember what you said earlier? to refresh your mind, you said "They don't come off screens" and "rare pick and rolls". Not using a screen and not being effective with it are two different things.

again i'm gonna post the excerpt here and i'm gonna highlight how effective it has been:

According to Synergy Sports, Miami ran 31.6 pick-and-rolls, either through the ballhandler or the screener, during the regular season. Without Bosh for all of Game 2, the team ran 56 – Miami’s pick-and-roll usage was inevitably going to jump as defenses improved in the playoffs – eventually losing by a small margin. The possessions were effective, but the spacing was cramped. Indiana was staying home on shooters and funneling Wade and James around the edges of the paint while Roy Hibbert waited patiently. Too often, the result was a mid-range jumper off the dribble.

Spacing became the order of the day, and by Game 3, Spoelstra was starting a lineup with James and Shane Battier at forward, at times clearing the strongside corners of shooters to give the talent room to operate. They ran screens high, they kept shooters on the floor at all times, they created space. In five games without Bosh, Miami ran 47.8 pick-and-rolls a game, and Indiana never had a true answer.

Even during Wade’s 2-for-13 Game 3, the pick-and-roll was working. It was just Mario Chalmers, with 25 points, taking advantage.

i have highlighted my point in RED in case you have a hard time finding it. still think it's not effective? watch the videos.

also, the articles you posted are outdated. the first one was last APRIL and the second one was last MARCH. the article i posted superseded yours.

and, oh next time please don't contradict yourself.

Online bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3845 on: May 27, 2012 at 08:15 PM »
Just because they had success with the pick and roll against the Pacers doesn't mean it's their bread and butter. In the regular season, they only have 12.1 points from pick and rolls and MIA averages 98.5 points.

also, the articles you posted are outdated. the first one was last APRIL and the second one was last MARCH. the article i posted superseded yours.

The article you posted is about Game 3. I'm talking about MIA and their use of pick and rolls in general. In your article:

Eventually, the team became something more. Something capable of getting all three of the primary scorers a touch in the same possession, capable of variety and complexity. The pick-and-roll was always there as a fallback plan, as a safety valve, something to turn to whenever a play broke or to force the action at a particular mismatch. It was a big part of the foundation, not the foundation. A tool, not the toolbox. While the team endured some growing pains over the course of two seasons, it was better for it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012 at 08:28 PM by bumblebee »

Offline scully

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • geeks for friends
  • Liked:
« Reply #3846 on: May 27, 2012 at 10:08 PM »
So looking forward to the OKC/Spurs match-up! I hate it that all the "sports" pages are blocked at work. It was difficult to look for recaps and whanot at first but I persevered during the second round and I finally found a way to keep abreast of the scores  ;D
Amor Fati

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #3847 on: May 27, 2012 at 10:26 PM »
me i want to see kung panu gagawin ng celtics kay dwade, bradley is injured pa rin and allen is not a defensive player..
The Pats way...

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3848 on: May 27, 2012 at 10:29 PM »
wc finals will be excitng, puro high scoring games to.. :).. Jarden vs. Ginobili.. 
The Pats way...

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3849 on: May 27, 2012 at 10:35 PM »
The article you posted is about Game 3. I'm talking about MIA and their use of pick and rolls in general.

the article was written after their series with Indiana and not about game 3. the story is about the effectivity rate of their pick-and-roll and how they improved upon it that's why the article is titled "Pick-and-Spacing the Indiana Pacers". remember, and i'll quote you again, you said "They don't come off screens" and "rare pick and rolls". is an average of 31.6 pick-and-rolls in the regular season rare?

According to Synergy Sports, Miami ran 31.6 pick-and-rolls, either through the ballhandler or the screener, during the regular season.

still not convinced the Miami Heat uses pick-and-rolls? here's another article: http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/14271/appreciating-chris-bosh

another excerpt:
The pick-and-roll used to be Wade's bread and butter, the vehicle he road to a title in 2006.

and another:
James has enjoyed more success than Wade in the pick-and-roll game without Bosh, but he certainly feels the effects of Bosh's absence.

and another:
Bosh thrives in the most important play in professional basketball, the pick-and-roll.

i'll throw you a bone and give you another article: http://www.nba.com/heat/news/the_night_of_the_pickroll_120420.html

and of course an excerpt again:
Miami’s bread-and-butter, the action that Dwyane Wade and LeBron James could each run while kicking back and counting sheep, is the high pick-and-roll. Both players are highly capable of manufacturing offense out of those actions, but they can also produce stagnant, ball-sticking offense when the shots created aren’t falling.

ayan ha, I even highlighted it again for you and it even contains the phrases "bread-and-butter" and "pick-and-roll" in one sentence.

if you still can't accept that you're wrong about the Heat not using pick-and-rolls then you're simply just a pure hater. come one, no one team in the NBA does not include pick-and-rolls in their playbook. not even the Charlotte Bobcats. it's the first and most effective play in the history of basketball.

Offline 2fast2furious

• Trade Count: (+100)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #3850 on: May 27, 2012 at 10:52 PM »
the article was written after their series with Indiana and not about game 3. the story is about the effectivity rate of their pick-and-roll and how they improved upon it that's why the article is titled "Pick-and-Spacing the Indiana Pacers". remember, and i'll quote you again, you said "They don't come off screens" and "rare pick and rolls". is an average of 31.6 pick-and-rolls in the regular season rare?

still not convinced the Miami Heat uses pick-and-rolls? here's another article: http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/14271/appreciating-chris-bosh

another excerpt:
and another:
and another:
i'll throw you a bone and give you another article: http://www.nba.com/heat/news/the_night_of_the_pickroll_120420.html

ayan ha, I even highlighted it again for you and it even contains the phrases "bread-and-butter" and "pick-and-roll" in one sentence.

if you still can't accept that you're wrong about the Heat not using pick-and-rolls then you're simply just a pure hater. come one, no one team in the NBA does not include pick-and-rolls in their playbook. not even the Charlotte Bobcats. it's the first and most effective play in the history of basketball.
tama na...alam nyo namang heat hater...no amount of words to explain that will change his mind ;D...Peace.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3851 on: May 27, 2012 at 10:54 PM »
tama na...alam nyo namang heat hater...no amount of words to explain that will change his mind ;D...Peace.

Heat hater here but it's not nice when ignorance dominates the environment.

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3852 on: May 27, 2012 at 10:58 PM »
Tamanayan mga tols. Idaan nyo na lang sa pustahan.  :D

OKC vs SA na bukas!  ;D

Tsaka draft lottery na later this week.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2012 at 11:00 PM by rusty »

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #3853 on: May 27, 2012 at 11:01 PM »
yahoo nanalo boston ko pala hehehe
ngayon lang nakasilip at lasing

heat vs boston yahoo
old school and new school
Love me or hate me.....

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3854 on: May 27, 2012 at 11:11 PM »
idon't think sir bumblebee is a heat hater, he is just afan of another team.      Go spurs.. Don't sweep the okc.. Hehe
The Pats way...

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3855 on: May 27, 2012 at 11:17 PM »
yahoo nanalo boston ko pala hehehe
ngayon lang nakasilip at lasing

heat vs boston yahoo
old school and new school
congrats..pero napagod si pp kay iguodala, next naman is battier or lbj, both plays great d..
The Pats way...

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #3856 on: May 27, 2012 at 11:17 PM »
congrats..pero napagod si pp kay iguodala, next naman is battier or lbj, both plays great d..
ehehe
sana ganun lage laro ni rondo and allen

i would want the michael p. to play defense to lbj or wade
Love me or hate me.....

Online bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3857 on: May 28, 2012 at 04:57 AM »

another excerpt:
and another:
and another:

Yeah. When a team gets 12.1 points out of 98.5 from pick and rolls, i guess it's bread and butter. Let's see then.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012 at 05:01 AM by bumblebee »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
The Pats way...

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3860 on: May 28, 2012 at 08:23 AM »
OKC leads 47-46 at halftime

Offline mikz023

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3861 on: May 28, 2012 at 08:31 AM »
Daming turnovers ng spurs.  >:(

C parker d makaporma kay westbrook.  >:(

Offline 2fast2furious

• DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3862 on: May 28, 2012 at 08:44 AM »
OKC leading and SPURS missing 3 point shots....bad for the SPURS. ;D

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3863 on: May 28, 2012 at 08:58 AM »
Parker being very inefficient in offense shooting only 33% with 4 TOs. on the other hand, Westbrook shooting just as bad.

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2656
« Reply #3864 on: May 28, 2012 at 09:20 AM »
73 all na! ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline 2fast2furious

• DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3865 on: May 28, 2012 at 09:32 AM »
spurs leading 82-78 4:41 to play

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #3866 on: May 28, 2012 at 09:48 AM »
Nice balance attack by the Spurs...

96-89 for the Spurs with 1:21 left in the forth Q...

Offline mikz023

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3867 on: May 28, 2012 at 09:50 AM »
Nice game spurs!!  :) 1-0. 19-0 winning streak.

Offline timtim15

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3868 on: May 28, 2012 at 09:50 AM »
Go Spurs!

Offline 2fast2furious

• DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3869 on: May 28, 2012 at 09:52 AM »
bawi na lang okc sa game 2. it was a nice game indeed.