Author Topic: NBA 2012 Season  (Read 497549 times)

Offline apollorod

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2012 Season
« Reply #4320 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 11:55 AM »
Final Score

OKC - 107
SAS - 99

OKC Thunder = Western Conference Champions! :)

i would just like to quote myself ONE LAST TIME

;) ;D

moral lesson of this series.. don't make conclusions just because a team is up 2-0

it ain't over till a team wins 4 games

ang galing ng quote, may moral lesson ;D

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2657
« Reply #4321 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 11:56 AM »
ang bulls ata dati 0-2 din pero nanalo pa at nagchampion
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 958
« Reply #4322 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 01:13 PM »
Hats off to the OKC Thunder. They managed to beat the three former champion teams in Dallas, LA and SA. They deserve the right to represent the West. I think their time is now.

Imagine what kind of tooling in the offseason will LA, SA, Dallas and the others in the west will do to be competitive against OKC. They still have many more years left in their prime to repeatedly contend as compared to the aging teams in the West.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Online thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2194
« Reply #4323 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 03:11 PM »
Boston will get the ECF tomorrow (i hope)!
See you soon Perkins!
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4324 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 03:12 PM »
Hats off to the OKC Thunder. They managed to beat the three former champion teams in Dallas, LA and SA. They deserve the right to represent the West. I think their time is now.

Imagine what kind of tooling in the offseason will LA, SA, Dallas and the others in the west will do to be competitive against OKC. They still have many more years left in their prime to repeatedly contend as compared to the aging teams in the West.

Yes the young Thunders beat all the best and elite Champion teams in the WEST one by one in step ladder and there's absolutely no doubt that they are for real this time around as their team matured.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4325 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 03:27 PM »
Had late lunch earlier with a Heat-Fan-Turned-Hater at pinagdasal na nya na matalo Heat bukas.  He said Boston will win tomorrow and challenged me to a bet.  I accepted the challenge -- so LBJ, Wade PLEASE DON'T LET ME DOWN TOMORROW ;D  Do the stuff that legends are made of -- if you want to keep your fans. :D

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #4326 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 03:52 PM »
I was rooting for the Spurs but they came unglued at the end of Game 6. Okc did to the Spurs what they did to the Lakers, take away the easy points.

One thing that I am annoyed about the OKC fans is the bird calls they are using.

It will take a miracle for the Heat or the Celtics to beat the Thunder because of their depth and youth. the Celtics also have a lot of injured players.

« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2012 at 03:54 PM by daigoro »

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #4327 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 03:54 PM »
Had late lunch earlier with a Heat-Fan-Turned-Hater at pinagdasal na nya na matalo Heat bukas.  He said Boston will win tomorrow and challenged me to a bet.  I accepted the challenge -- so LBJ, Wade PLEASE DON'T LET ME DOWN TOMORROW ;D  Do the stuff that legends are made of -- if you want to keep your fans. :D

Miami is actually -2 tomorrow according to vegas odds.. I'm betting din on Heat later, expecting a low scoring game.. 
The Pats way...

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4328 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 03:58 PM »

naku! tyak magdamag kng kakabahan hangang tanghali bukas.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #4329 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 04:21 PM »
the spurs fought hard but in the end youth prevailed. ibang klase lang talaga sa opensa si kevin durant. spurs sana ako pero ok na rin ang thunders, mas bilib ako kay durant kesa kay lebron. the celtics still have their big 3 playing so no excuses kung injured man yung iba plus active rin naman si rondo. remember michael jordan had to do it in spite of having an injured number 2 guy (scottie pippen) and also sometimes pag bangko si rodman dahil puyat sa kakaparty. ganoon talaga pag franchise player ka, you are expected to deliver, kaya nga you're being paid the big bucks

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4330 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 04:27 PM »
Miami is actually -2 tomorrow according to vegas odds.. I'm betting din on Heat later, expecting a low scoring game.. 

Naah, just lunch. I've long stopped betting in that over-under game. 

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 378
« Reply #4331 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 04:52 PM »
Should OKC go on to win the Finals, they'll be making history of sorts ....... cant remember when a team with relatively young stars won the big one.

The closest one to contend was perhaps the mid-90's ORLANDO MAGIC team with Shaq, Penny, Scott, etc. .... hence their Finals slogan then "Why not us? Why not now?"

Just gotta love the NBA playoffs.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4332 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 04:58 PM »
Should it be OKC vs BOS?

Two reasons to cheer for both teams.
1 - OKC youngsters for their 1st ever championship
2 - BOS oldies for their last championship
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Online Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #4333 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 06:29 PM »
Yes the young Thunders beat all the best and elite Champion teams in the WEST one by one in step ladder and there's absolutely no doubt that they are for real this time around as their team matured.

i have been reading a lot about dislikes on Westbrook becaseu of the way he plays, with how the OKC played is Westbrook still a fit?
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Online Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #4334 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 06:41 PM »
Should it be OKC vs BOS?

Two reasons to cheer for both teams.
1 - OKC youngsters for their 1st ever championship
2 - BOS oldies for their last championship
\

this probably is the only scenario where people would feel happy whoever wins, or I maybe wrong about it?
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4335 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 06:42 PM »
i have been reading a lot about dislikes on Westbrook becaseu of the way he plays, with how the OKC played is Westbrook still a fit?

Westbrook is still young and plays with lots of energy just like a young Jordan before and somehow erratic and error prone but the good thing about him is he has the nerve to take the BIG shots hit or miss.
Maturity will eventually come and errors in judgement will eventually be lessened.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4336 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 06:58 PM »
I expect LBJ to score 50 or more points against BOS tomorrow if MIA intends to extend the series to Game 7.

What do you think guys? Kya ba nya?
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 378
« Reply #4337 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 07:38 PM »

It is what it is ..... Westbrook is a natural scoring PG - with alpha scoring tendencies to boot. He is a fit since the team's core is young ..... plus being fast/dynamic and somewhat unpredictable is a huge part of OKC's team character.

Greg Popovich said as much, that he considered OKC as the hardest team to prepare for (as quoted earlier by the broadcast team).

Now, in the unlikely event that OKC fail in the Finals ..... Westbrook will probably be the easiest to "blame" by the press due to various reasons.

Some veteran-laden elite team or those on the cusp of joining the elite (say, top 4 in your conference), might closely consider trading a young gun like Westbrook for a "more" stable PG.

Kinda like the SAC KINGS a few years before they had their glorious run among the West's elite (e.g. Webber, Divac, Peja, Baobby J., Cristie, etc) ..... they had a hotshot PG in Jason "White Chocolate" Williams who had the passing flair and can score in spots.

But SAC GM Petrie saw the need for a more stable PG ..... thus he traded Williams for a rising Mike Bibby, who helped them contend for many years.

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4338 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 07:43 PM »
But SAC GM Petrie saw the need for a more stable PG ..... thus he traded Williams for a rising Mike Bibby, who helped them contend for many years.

back in those days, Derek Fisher made Mike Bibby look like a superstar. :D ;D

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #4339 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 08:32 PM »
Kinda like the SAC KINGS a few years before they had their glorious run among the West's elite (e.g. Webber, Divac, Peja, Baobby J., Cristie, etc) ..... they had a hotshot PG in Jason "White Chocolate" Williams who had the passing flair and can score in spots.

i liked that team and chris webber. sadly they needed a real superstar who can score in clutch situations. webber is like le bron during end games, pass first, shoot second mentality.

basta sa finals OKC ako. i really hate the trend of acquiring as many superstars to build a championship team. nawawala tuloy yung balance ng league. having three superstars (boston and miami) doesn't equate to an automatic title. i remember the lakers when they acquired payton and malone and they just self-destructed. in the end it was just too many egos for the coach to juggle.

so kudos to the thunders for having a young franchise player like kevin durrant, a good (though erratic) second option in westbrook, veteran leadership in fisher and a good cast of supporting and role players. these young uns are hungry and the're showing that they want it more than dallas, lakers and the spurs.

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 958
« Reply #4340 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 09:23 PM »
Hard to break up the core that brought the franchise to the final dance technically on its third year. Fit or no fit they should hold on to him for the meantime.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #4341 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 09:33 PM »
I expect LBJ to score 50 or more points against BOS tomorrow if MIA intends to extend the series to Game 7.

What do you think guys? Kya ba nya?
he can, but not now since bosh is already playing.. Wade needs to contribute early, para maka position na agad sila for the 2nd half..
The Pats way...

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #4342 on: Jun 08, 2012 at 05:25 AM »
Spotlight is on Lebron in today's game. Practically all the sports experts are calling him out: this is the game where he either redeems himself and saves the Big 3 experiment, or he reinforces the "choker" rep and sends the Heat into rebuilding mode.  Not Wade or Bosh - it's on the 3-time MVP. He'll surely try since he really heard it the last two times his team faced elimination and lost (vs. Dallas last year and vs. Boston in 2010). But I get the sense that the outcome will be the same. Let's see...
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2012 at 05:27 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #4343 on: Jun 08, 2012 at 06:17 AM »
My money is on BOSTON,..!
Kaya lang parang hindi match sa OKC,..
Running game ang OKC, maiiwan ang mga matatanda ng BOSTON,...

Offline gunslinger

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4344 on: Jun 08, 2012 at 06:27 AM »
Would have wanted to see Spurs in the finals but hats off to OKC for being very resilient and really deserving of the win. I watched yesterday's game twice and as many mentioned here, youth prevailed.

Let's see if Miami can capitalize on this as well. :)
I can stop speaking but I cannot so easily silence my thoughts...

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #4345 on: Jun 08, 2012 at 07:43 AM »
My money is on BOSTON,..!
Kaya lang parang hindi match sa OKC,..
Running game ang OKC, maiiwan ang mga matatanda ng BOSTON,...

Madaming fastbreak ang OKC wherein the ball doesnt even hit the ground ;D Di na kaya habulin nila lolo garnett, allen and pierce yung ganun. :D

This is why i think miami will be a better match for OKC in the finals.
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #4346 on: Jun 08, 2012 at 07:48 AM »
Madaming fastbreak ang OKC wherein the ball doesnt even hit the ground ;D Di na kaya habulin nila lolo garnett, allen and pierce yung ganun. :D

This is why i think miami will be a better match for OKC in the finals.

My sentiments exactly,
was hoping that 2 aging teams like BOSTON and SAN ANTONIO would face off,..

A Miami and OKLAHOMA finals is a great match up as well,... But I hate to see Lebron in the finals,..

Sorry, I just hate him,... HAHAHA

Offline TOY 01

• Trade Count: (+323)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #4347 on: Jun 08, 2012 at 08:10 AM »
Seryoso si Lebron..... ;D

Mia 40 - BOS 29

Lebron 25 - BOS 29
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2012 at 08:13 AM by TOY 01 »
Allan 0917-8975003 (Please indicate username)

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4348 on: Jun 08, 2012 at 08:14 AM »
LBJ already 14 points in the 1st quarter so he needs 36 points more to finish with atleast 50.
Commanding lead by MIA.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline LoneWolf

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4349 on: Jun 08, 2012 at 08:17 AM »

« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2012 at 08:19 AM by LoneWolf »
Don't fight it