Author Topic: NBA 2012 Season  (Read 497241 times)

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2012 Season
« Reply #5790 on: Jun 24, 2012 at 09:31 AM »
iverson learned how to move without the ball, going through screens to get a decent shot (parang rip hamilton). so he shot the ball more but it was inside the offesive set. si westbrick naman kasi baba sa opensa tapos tira na agad, wala nang ibang nakahawak ng bola.

and clearly, Iverson was ''the man'' on his team.

as for Westbrick, he has Durant on his side. but he has the mindset that he's ''the man'' when he shouldn't be.  ::) ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2012 at 09:32 AM by 5zig3n »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5791 on: Jun 24, 2012 at 09:40 AM »
Harden might be willing to take less money to stay in OKC...

James Harden Sees “Dynasty” Being Built in OKC

“This is something special here,” Harden said. “A dynasty is being built here. So we’re winning, we’re having fun and we’re brothers. The other stuff, you can’t buy it.”

http://blog.newsok.com/thunderrumblings/2012/06/23/james-harden-sees-dynasty-being-built-in-okc/

and they might get some help in the frontline with the arrival of a 6'9 - 6'10 Russian stretch PF named Andrey Vorontsevich who can score a little inside and out. there's a rumor out of Russia that he already has a verbal commitment to play for OKC next season, i hope it pushes through.

there's also interest from other NBA teams as well.
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2012 at 09:45 AM by 5zig3n »

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #5792 on: Jun 24, 2012 at 09:40 AM »
mahirap hindi mamasa sa kakampi. dun sila nawawalan ng gana maglaro and in the end iiwan ka nila sa ere

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #5793 on: Jun 24, 2012 at 09:49 AM »
i know it's late, BUT...

lol at Wade not being the man in 2006. he was the man even in 2005. ;D

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5794 on: Jun 24, 2012 at 10:20 AM »
A Clevelander Comes To Terms With The Success Of Lebron James

I find the Heat team and organization somewhat unlikable, but definitely not because of Lebron James. I wish he would have reached the pinnacle of his career in a Cavs uniform, but I'm certainly at peace with LBJ and his success.

http://cleveland.sbnation.com/2012/6/22/3110447/2012-nba-finals-lebron-james-cleveland-cavs

« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2012 at 10:20 AM by 5zig3n »

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #5795 on: Jun 24, 2012 at 10:20 AM »
 :)
There is no "I" in team....

...but jumble it up a little and you'll find "ME".

sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5796 on: Jun 24, 2012 at 10:42 AM »

Malas yung balbas.  Shave the beard for next season ;D

Offline warmaster

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5797 on: Jun 24, 2012 at 10:44 AM »
could harden have "choked" on his beard?  ;D

Offline geckoph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5798 on: Jun 24, 2012 at 01:52 PM »
@okcthunder tweets "Russell Westbrook w/media. Losing in Finals to Heat is "gonna push me to come back and be a better passer or team player." http://pic.twitter.com/7eU4MUmX"

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #5799 on: Jun 24, 2012 at 10:14 PM »
i dont htink there should be any debate on the number of championships a player has, lahat naman ng nag champion has a part in it, obviously the lakers has a lot simply becasue they have a very good team composition for quite a long time including coach and the kind of compettetion back then may not be as competitive as now, jordan has a lot of accomplishments yes but those can not be attributed to his shear talent alone, he was surrounded by tremendous supporting cast during his run with the bulls, he was a great player but even made greater by the assist of paxson, kerr, harper and pippen, or even made more confident by great rebounders like rodman, jordan has a lot of rings and trophy yes but all of those when with the bulls, he has none when with the wizards, simply because basketball has always been a team game

theres no point comparing the lone ring LBJ has with the many that jordan and kobe has,jordans ring, I have already posted about my reasonings, Kobes? well i doubt it there will be additional, with LBJ, he is just starting and though I hate him, he has already proven he can be champion, he is young and barring any injury, will continue winning more provided he has a very good supporting cats same as that of jordan and kobe when they both reigh supreme.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #5801 on: Jun 25, 2012 at 07:17 AM »
@okcthunder tweets "Russell Westbrook w/media. Losing in Finals to Heat is "gonna push me to come back and be a better passer or team player." http://pic.twitter.com/7eU4MUmX"

one of the hated, but one of the classiest too..  :)
The Pats way...

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5802 on: Jun 25, 2012 at 10:34 AM »
Nash to Raptors rumors gaining momentum

Offline warmaster

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5803 on: Jun 25, 2012 at 10:58 AM »

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 377
« Reply #5804 on: Jun 25, 2012 at 11:35 AM »
deron williams torn between mavs and nets

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221660/Report_Deron_Williams_To_Choose_Between_Nets_Mavs

The choice for Deron Williams is clear ...... the MAVS for a better shot for a title ..... the NETS for max money & max years.

For the sake of league parity, he should remain with the NETS.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5805 on: Jun 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM »
The choice for Deron Williams is clear ...... the MAVS for a better shot for a title ..... the NETS for max money & max years.

For the sake of league parity, he should remain with the NETS.

read an article, most probably Deron will stay with the Nets. ayaw daw ng wife niya sa Dallas, pag andun daw sila (since Deron is a Dallas native) wala na silang privacy since friends and relatives would often bug them.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM by 5zig3n »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5806 on: Jun 25, 2012 at 11:56 AM »
read an article, most probably Deron will stay with the Nets. ayaw daw ng wife niya sa Dallas, pag andun daw sila (since Deron is a Dallas native) wala na silang privacy since friends and relatives would often bug them.

Good news for the NBA if he does remain with the NETS ..... I just want to see the East stack up some more - somewhat restore some balance to league parity.

A core of Williams, Lopez (assuming he stays healthy), Humphries, Wallace & a developing Brooks should probably get them a playoff spot.   

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #5807 on: Jun 25, 2012 at 04:18 PM »
Nash to Raptors rumors gaining momentum

why the Raptors?

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5808 on: Jun 25, 2012 at 04:33 PM »
why the Raptors?

because he's a Canadian?  ;D

here's the link to the Nash/Raptors speculation

« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2012 at 04:42 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline warmaster

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5809 on: Jun 25, 2012 at 04:36 PM »
because he's a Canadian?  ;D

there's logic behind that. perhaps he wants to be closer to home at the twilight of his career  :D

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5810 on: Jun 25, 2012 at 04:39 PM »
there's logic behind that. perhaps he wants to be closer to home at the twilight of his career  :D

matagal na gusto ni Steve Nash to someday play for Toronto in front of his countrymen.

from a basketball point of view, it doesn't make sense given the Raptors' current state.

and btw, he's the GM of the Canadian senior men's basketball team.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2012 at 04:54 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5811 on: Jun 25, 2012 at 05:07 PM »
Jeremy Lin granted Early Bird rights, along with..

Steve Novak (New York Knicks)
Chauncey Billups (LA Clippers)
JJ Hickson (Portland Trail Blazers)

but the NBA announced that will appeal the decision, so this dispute betweeen the league and the player's union might spill over well into July.

more details..

If Lin and Novak have their early-Bird rights, the Knicks could re-sign both players and save their midlevel exception (worth about $5 million) for another free agent. But if the Bird rights are lost, the Knicks would have to use the midlevel exception to keep Lin. They would very likely lose Novak, as well as any chance to lure a top-flight free agent, like Ray Allen or Steve Nash.

Bird rights, which are earned by spending two or more years with the same team, and allow a player to re-sign without respect to the salary cap. Those rights transfer with a player when he is traded. But in the league’s view, those rights are lost when a player is waived.

In the ruling issued Friday, the arbitrator Kenneth Dam, a professor of law at the University of Chicago, agreed with the union’s position: that players claimed on waivers should be treated the same as traded players and keep their Bird rights.

''Bird and early Bird rights are the linchpin of our soft-cap system, and we're pleased that Professor Dam recognized that a player does not forfeit these important rights unless he makes an affirmative decision to sign with a new team as a free agent,'' Billy Hunter, the union's executive director, said in a statement.

Offline beknat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #5812 on: Jun 26, 2012 at 03:01 PM »
sana mapunta si Steve Nash sa isang championship contender para makakuha na din sya ng singsing.

*Lakers (di ba nagtest ng free agency si Session)
*Heat (kung may salary cap pa sila)
*Bulls (tutal injured naman si D.Rose)
*Knicks (injured din naman sila J.Lin at I.Shumpert para mabalik na din ang Nash/Amare Combination)
*Pacers (they need a veteran in their team)
*Hawks (they need a play maker)

san pa sa tingin niyo?

Online frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #5813 on: Jun 26, 2012 at 03:50 PM »
sa tingin ko pwede siya sa LA :-) si sessions kasi magaling sa regular season pagdating sa playoffs biglang kinabahan.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5814 on: Jun 26, 2012 at 04:40 PM »
Steve Nash coming home to Canada would be a nice way to cap a magnificent career.

Though even with Nash, the RAPTORS will be hard-pressed to reach a playoff slot ..... at best (with a completely healthy Bargnani) they'll probably good for any of the last 2 playoff slots in the East.

Nash should sign with the KNICKS instead ..... he'll further improve a showcase franchise of the league. More importantly, the East storylines & match-ups will get a whole lot more interesting.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #5815 on: Jun 26, 2012 at 05:59 PM »
Steve Nash coming home to Canada would be a nice way to cap a magnificent career.

Though even with Nash, the RAPTORS will be hard-pressed to reach a playoff slot ..... at best (with a completely healthy Bargnani) they'll probably good for any of the last 2 playoff slots in the East.

Nash should sign with the KNICKS instead ..... he'll further improve a showcase franchise of the league. More importantly, the East storylines & match-ups will get a whole lot more interesting.

mas gusto ko yata sa OKC sir para makabawi agad sila, mukhang malaking bagay sa stability ang magagawa ni Nash sa OKC.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5816 on: Jun 26, 2012 at 06:51 PM »
mas gusto ko yata sa OKC sir para makabawi agad sila, mukhang malaking bagay sa stability ang magagawa ni Nash sa OKC.

OKC does need some stability on PG ..... Nash will likely assure them of another Finals stint (at the very least a Western Finals slot).

However, OKC is unlikely to make any big transactions soon, since they're trying to free-up serious cash to retain both (soon expiring contracts) Harden & Ibaka within the upcoming season ..... not to mention retain coach Brooks as well. 

But hey, GM Presti is one bright guy ..... he'll make sure OKC stays in the NBA elite class. 

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5817 on: Jun 26, 2012 at 07:02 PM »
Larry Bird has decided to call it quits as president of the Indiana Pacers

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #5818 on: Jun 26, 2012 at 08:03 PM »
OKC does need some stability on PG ..... Nash will likely assure them of another Finals stint (at the very least a Western Finals slot).

However, OKC is unlikely to make any big transactions soon, since they're trying to free-up serious cash to retain both (soon expiring contracts) Harden & Ibaka within the upcoming season ..... not to mention retain coach Brooks as well. 

But hey, GM Presti is one bright guy ..... he'll make sure OKC stays in the NBA elite class. 

OKC does have the annual MLE to entice Nash though.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5819 on: Jun 26, 2012 at 08:12 PM »