Author Topic: Egreat R-Series(1185) Users & Support Thread - R180/R180Pro  (Read 18694 times)

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
Re: Egreat R-Series(1185) Users & Support Thread - R180/R180Pro
« Reply #30 on: Sep 27, 2011 at 05:12 AM »
Just wanted to share this with all Egreat R180 owners. :)

I had the opportunity to connect the R180 to a receiver capable of DTS MA and DD TrueHD. The connection used was HDMI cable only. The files played were mkv files with audio playback capable of DTS MA and DD TrueHD respectively.

Result: The receiver still reflected DTS Core for a DTS MA mkv file and Dolby Digital Core for DD TrueHD mkv files. :(

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #31 on: Sep 27, 2011 at 06:41 AM »
Just wanted to share this with all Egreat R180 owners. :)

I had the opportunity to connect the R180 to a receiver capable of DTS MA and DD TrueHD. The connection used was HDMI cable only. The files played were mkv files with audio playback capable of DTS MA and DD TrueHD respectively.

Result: The receiver still reflected DTS Core for a DTS MA mkv file and Dolby Digital Core for DD TrueHD mkv files. :(

Hi Martin,

Did you pass DTS-MA and TRUEHD to  your receiver via  RAW or LPCM ? what's your receiver model.
BTW, new firmware out for Rii series, see if that helps. 2011.09.20 visit toys4geeks.nexus.ph @ /etc support.

toy

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Sep 27, 2011 at 08:50 PM »
Hi Martin,

Did you pass DTS-MA and TRUEHD to  your receiver via  RAW or LPCM ? what's your receiver model.
BTW, new firmware out for Rii series, see if that helps. 2011.09.20 visit toys4geeks.nexus.ph @ /etc support. 

The receiver used was Onkyo HT RC180 c/o Onkyo606. Audio pass-thru via RAW setting on the R180. :)

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Sep 27, 2011 at 09:46 PM »
FW 2011.09.20 changelog includes fs shutdown for 1185 internal, USB disks.

download from /etc support
toy

Offline JuliusMaximus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #34 on: Sep 28, 2011 at 12:22 AM »
sir ano ung password ng support?

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Sep 28, 2011 at 06:41 AM »
sir ano ung password ng support?

changes daily, see your mail (+1)

tip: do thumbgen for your HD collection (cover.jpg,folder,jpg, poster.jpg improves your movie browsing -- i.e. browse by bigger cover (apart from thumbnail) , browse by poster (i.e. shows about of each file)
toy

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Sep 28, 2011 at 09:13 AM »
Just wanted to share with you my non-professional review of the Egreat R180. This has been long over due. :P

Box Contents

NMT player, Manual, Wireless network antenna - 2 pcs, Power adapter and Remote control!

Front

Fronting this sleek silver/black aluminum casing is an LCD panel which shows you the following information during playback:

Resolution setting: 1080p/720p light's up in RED in the upper left hand corner of the panel
Play symbol: lights up in RED during playback
Image of a Disc: cut like a pizza pie, which rotates clockwise - alternately changing from YELLOW and RED lights
Time: shown in YELLOW, has hours:minutes:seconds (00:00:00) in exactly the same order
Connection: shows how the NMT is connected - HDMIlit in RED
On Indicator: lights up in BLUE when the NMT player is "on" and turns to RED when the player is "off"

The new and improved Egreat Logo, which has a lighter shade of silver for it to be visible from it's aluminum casing

Back

At the back:
*Power on/off switch
*12V DC IN port
*Optical audio output
*Coaxial audio output
*Component output
*Network port
*External bare SATA port
*USB slave port
*USB Host - 2 ports
*E-bus slot
*AV output
*HDMI 1.3 output
*Dual antenna for wifi

Internal Storage

You can manually "slide/load" an internal 3.5" HDD thru the side, upto 2TB capacity. Unlike the R200, this has a drive tray you "slide-in" with locks to secures the HD from slipping out.

External Storage

Same as any other NMT player there is a slave USB port (for attaching the R180 to your PC for management and transfer of files in your internal HDD). Two USB ports and a unique Sata port for your external HDDs.

Remote

The remote is pretty straight forward. Most commonly used buttons are very easy to access. But in my case, I use the back lit remote I purchased separately for this unit. :)

GUI

The Gui has really improved from the R200, better now, Red background with full color images. 8)

Loading time is now even faster than the R200. Depending on the load of files on your internal HD and the number of connected external HD's, loading time will vary.

Internet

Capable of connecting to the internet via wifi to access several sites such as YouTube, flickr, Yahoo, Picasa and many more...

File Manager

Where you can access and manage your files from all sources - USB, HDD, Network and UPNP.

Movie Menu

List of movies can be accessed here, but they are all listed alphabetically. There are options to view the movie files as thumbnails and preview.

Music Menu

Same as the movie menu, music file can be accessed here.

Photo Menu

Access you photographs here

Set-up Menu

System Settings:
*Menu Language: Choose desired language
*Text Encoding
*R/RW Auto-Play
*Screen Saver
*DLNA DMR
*DLNA Device Name
*MiniKBD Language
*Scan Storage
*Resume Play
*Format
*BD Navigation
*Auto Standby
*Factory Default

Audio Settings:
*Night Mode
*HDMI Output
*SPDIF Output
*Lip Sync
*Key Tone

Video Settings:
*Aspect Ratio
*TV System
*Video Zoom
*1080p 24Hz Setting
*Deep Color

Network Settings:
*Wired Lan Set-up
*Wireless Set-up
*Network Info
*PPPoE Set-up
*Samba Process
*FTP Server
*Transmission PT Process
*BT Process

MISC Settings:
*Version Info
*USB Upgrade

Advanced Settings:
*Subtitle Encoding Detection
*Dolby TrueHD Output Setting
*DTS-HD Output Setting
*Default Audio Language
*Default Subtitle Language
*Start Up Auto Play

Image Quality

IQ is superb. Is better, if not, equal to the R200 as far as I'm concerned. :)

Playability

So far it played every single file I threw at it. It also plays ISO files whether they be Bluray or DVD rip. ;) I still have NOT tried playing files uploaded by "IMMERSE" which had issues on the R200.

During playback, there are several options for scanning a scene. You can scan a scene by jumping from chapter to chapter, scanning to a particular time frame and scanning using the scan bar. When scanning for a particular scene, as soon as you scan and find the scene you are looking for, movie resumes without pause.

Sub-title is easier to manage. You have the option to select the subtitle "on" or "off," Time Sync, change the Color, Outline Color and Font Size.

Zoom option is also available. You can zoom a particular scene during playback, upto 8x it's original size.

Resume playback is also available. When returning to a file which you have accessed at some point in time, the screen will prompt for you to confirm resume playback or cancel. Choosing the latter will restart the film from the beginning.

Just like the R200, it automatically detects the type of audio output of a given file. I have a file with DTS MA and another with DD TrueHD. During playback, the audio output reflected on the receiver is DTS core and Dolby Digital core respectively.

Conclusion

Just like the R200, PQ and SQ of this player is superb and navigation to go from menu to menu, folder to folder is pretty easy. Even if you don't read the manual, you will know your way around the player. I still have yet to play around with the network capabilities of this player when time permits.

I noticed that the R180 boots up faster than the R200 and the distribution of sound per channel is more detailed. Also, there is more emphasis on the sound of "vocals" or "dialogue" coming from the center speakers. It's like the player enhanced the sound by making it stand out - clearer and much more easier to hear.

Overall, I am very happy with this upgrade from the R200. More features this time and superb

;D

Offline JuliusMaximus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Sep 28, 2011 at 07:46 PM »
changes daily, see your mail (+1)

tip: do thumbgen for your HD collection (cover.jpg,folder,jpg, poster.jpg improves your movie browsing -- i.e. browse by bigger cover (apart from thumbnail) , browse by poster (i.e. shows about of each file)

Got it. Thank you po.

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Sep 28, 2011 at 09:50 PM »
Hope you can test it as these units run on 3TB drives

Dont miss the fun with your Rii series and its remote, so to maximize your experience:

a. upgrade to the latest firmware (2011/September)
b. thumbgen your disks or  copy the cover.jpg, folder.jpg,  and  poster.jpg.
b.1. press Yellow button to go to coverart navigation (this is SOOOOOO cool!)
b.2. press Blue button to go to poster navigation (left and right lets you scroll to each of the posters even if they are located on multiple folders
b.3. if you need the poster.jpg thumbnail stamping Egreat on all your posters, I have it, will email :)

note thumbnail is different from the coverart navigation (you deal with 6x2 bigger covers, so better viewing)

#1 Cover Art Mode (cover.jpg / cover wall)  
(last row colored buttons - yellow)

- great if you want to navigate the cover page instead of the boring file list
navigate via CONTROL button left right to browse,
OK button to select, it displays the poster (poster.jpg)
OK button to select, it plays the movie
#2 Poster Mode
(last row colored buttons - blue)

- great if you want to prefer browse the poster containing the about info  instead of the boring file list
navigate via CONTROL button left right to browse,
OK button to select, it displays the poster (poster.jpg)
OK button to select, it plays the movie
Go Cover Mode -> Navigate Covers and Select -> see the Poster, navigate & Play Movie
--

toy

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 377
« Reply #39 on: Oct 02, 2011 at 06:09 PM »
Got my R180 earlier ..... just wanted to add my humble 2-cents worth on the R180.

======================================================================================
PROS
** The aluminum casing is really sleek & rigid to the feel.   

** As expected loading times are really fast, since it's RTK ..... I've long been a PCH user (1st gen) and anytime I use an RTK-based NMT, I'm just impressed with the speed.

** Great new GUI .... great layout & color combinations used.

** Picture/Image Quality ...... Very nice !! I was quite surprised, since I have used other RTK NMT's before (XTREAMER, MEDE8R, etc) and have always found those to have slightly fuzzy images. The R180 had sharp images & colors were lively.

CONS
** The R180 HDD slide-in rack has a nice concept to it - much similar to the PCH A210 rack.

However, it could've been better designed & constructed ..... it's a tad bit on the flimsy side. I'm hoping that spare racks will be provided or sold in the near future, as a few novice users might accidentally break-off one of the arms.

** Sound quality ...... using only HDTV speakers, sound seems to be a bit weak ..... however, I wasn't able to fully explore the menus or tweak the players/TV settings. 
======================================================================================

Even without exploring the internet features of the R180, the positives far outweigh it's few negatives.

The R180 is a solid addition to the list of NMT's out there ..... with a great price to boot.

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Oct 02, 2011 at 08:32 PM »
Got my R180 earlier ..... just wanted to add my humble 2-cents worth on the R180.

PROS
** The aluminum casing is really sleek & rigid to the feel.    

** As expected loading times are really fast, since it's RTK ..... I've long been a PCH user (1st gen) and anytime I use an RTK-based NMT, I'm just impressed with the speed.

** Great new GUI .... great layout & color combinations used.

** Picture/Image Quality ...... Very nice !! I was quite surprised, since I have used other RTK NMT's before (XTREAMER, MEDE8R, etc) and have always found those to have slightly fuzzy images. The R180 had sharp images & colors were lively.

toys4geeks -- Yep :) when i speak about Egreat PQ, i mean what i say. But  a few critics roll their eyes when i say not all NMTs are created equal, PQ wise over Mede8er/Xtreamer/Measy, i let users like you be the judge of that.

CONS
** The R180 HDD slide-in rack has a nice concept to it - much similar to the PCH A210 rack.

However, it could've been better designed & constructed ..... it's a tad bit on the flimsy side. I'm hoping that spare racks will be provided or sold in the near future, as a few novice users might accidentally break-off one of the arms.

toys4geeks -- The R200ii HDD drive trays are several notches better, taken from its 200 (1073) predecessor. the S900 has an NSS rated HDD drive trays.

** Sound quality ...... using only HDTV speakers, sound seems to be a bit weak ..... however, I wasn't able to fully explore the menus or tweak the players/TV settings.  

toys4geeks -- the default NMT volume may be tad low, nothing the +/i volume gain of the remote controller may help if adjusted

Even without exploring the internet features of the R180, the positives far outweigh it's few negatives.

The R180 is a solid addition to the list of NMT's out there ..... with a great price to boot.

« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2011 at 08:34 PM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Oct 03, 2011 at 08:29 AM »
Interested in buying one of these babies before i leave and would like to know how much they are per model. Can you guys post or PM me the price? Thanks  :)

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2654
« Reply #42 on: Oct 03, 2011 at 08:46 AM »
http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,130303.0.html

i really like the r1-ii, mabilis magload ng hdd compared sa pch A200 ko plus ung di kayang ilabas na subtitles sa A200 kaya ilabas ng r1-ii ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Oct 03, 2011 at 02:58 PM »
Interested in buying one of these babies before i leave and would like to know how much they are per model. Can you guys post or PM me the price? Thanks  :)

Hi Battousai, YGPM
toy

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2654
« Reply #44 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 07:56 AM »
sir ung resume play ba kelangan ion everytime? kasi nakaon na siya last time, pag off then on ng unit naka off ulit siya
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 09:50 AM »
sir ung resume play ba kelangan ion everytime? kasi nakaon na siya last time, pag off then on ng unit naka off ulit siya

will request that feature to egreat, hopefully they include in next FW
toy