Author Topic: Is there an adaptor for rca analog to digital (coax/toslink)?  (Read 784 times)

Offline monreq

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • DVD Guru
  • Only a deaf can't distinguish good from bad audio.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hello, I am planning to buy a portable External NOS DAC that I like and fits my budget.  But its digital input is only coax and toslink.  How can I connect the headphone/analog rca line out of my i pod to digital input of the external DAC?

Thanks in advance for your help guys. :)
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 606
Re: Is there an adaptor for rca analog to digital (coax/toslink)?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2011 at 10:10 PM »
Hello, I am planning to buy a portable External NOS DAC that I like and fits my budget.  But its digital input is only coax and toslink.  How can I connect the headphone/analog rca line out of my i pod to digital input of the external DAC?

There's little use in digitizing the analogue output of an iPod (unless you want to reprocess it). The output from this jack had been deteriorated by the iPod's analogue circuitry.

The best option for that setup is to get a digital media transport dock like the Onkyo ND-S1 or the Wadia 171i. :)

Offline jon2

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2011 at 12:36 AM »

sir s amazon meron, ewan ko lng kung my local supplier ng mga ganito
http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-AA2SPDIF-Digital-Coaxial-Converter/dp/B0024CV3T4/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1312994402&sr=1-8

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2011 at 01:27 AM »
There's little use in digitizing the analogue output of an iPod (unless you want to reprocess it). The output from this jack had been deteriorated by the iPod's analogue circuitry.

The best option for that setup is to get a digital media transport dock like the Onkyo ND-S1 or the Wadia 171i. :)
Yes, it's the Onkyo brand.  I'll ask Amiel of Watt Hi Fi if he has a digital media transport dock.  I'll take note of that model.  Thanks bro. ;)
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 11, 2011 at 01:31 AM »
sir s amazon meron, ewan ko lng kung my local supplier ng mga ganito
http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-AA2SPDIF-Digital-Coaxial-Converter/dp/B0024CV3T4/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1312994402&sr=1-8

Thanks bro.  Sana nga may makita ako.  Mas portable ito.   :)

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 2011 at 06:33 AM »
ipod to ADC to DAC? not a good idea. get a good hp amp na lang. you can't do anything to salvage what is already ruined by the internal analog circuitry as pointed out by stagea.
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard