Author Topic: Suggestions Needed: Home Theatre + TV for New Room  (Read 1157 times)

Offline rolandumali

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Suggestions Needed: Home Theatre + TV for New Room
« on: Aug 16, 2011 at 01:32 AM »
I'm new to this.

We are currently building a house, and have been asking around what particular brand of speakers + TV should I get for my new room. I know nothing abt quality speakers, but I always wanted to get the Bose System (V35) because it looks good, sounds okay naman for me. I liked it because I love listening to music and watching movies/series as well (includes an iphone dock).

Others are saying its overpriced, so now I am confused. A friend of mine redirected me to this site. Your tips/suggestions are very much appreciated.

Floor area is 22 sq.m (Distance from bed to TV - 4.22m)

1. I prefer the 5-speaker system. I plan that the speakers are mounted on walls, so I just prefer the small ones, just like Bose. Is this too much? Is the V35 Bose System good enough? Good deal?

2. For the TV, I prefer LED. They say I get the Samsung Smart TV, has internet included. They said its the best now, true? Or Should I consider other brands?

3. My room is next to my sisters'. Should I consider insulating/soundproofing the room? The wall that separates us is CHB.

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
Re: Suggestions Needed: Home Theatre + TV for New Room
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2011 at 09:02 AM »
Good Day to you Sir, having a new house would be something very nice. If you are not really concern of the sound quality then the cube speakers from BOSE is actually fine especially if you dont want very space consuming speakers. I'm not saying it doesnt sound well it's just doesnt have the wide dynamics as a baffled speaker does but its actually fine (and it looks very neat & hip too).
As for the Monitors there's plenty to choose from, Samsungs are ok & well price, try to check out Sony also as it also has better pic quality but a bit expensive too. It all depends on your budget Sir, also mostly your choice or preference on looks & functions. I hope this help as here our fellow PDVD members could give you other choices & advices also, Goodluck ;)
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline rolandumali

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2011 at 10:39 PM »
Yes, the Bose really looks good and the small speakers was really my preference. I just thought that there are better ones in terms of sound quality (that are small ones too), coz I dont see much of the Bose product in the threads. But thanks for the tip!

As for the TV, I've always preferred Sony (kahit mahal), but most of my friends say that Samsung now is better (plus the bose showroom use Samsung too). I've seen both displays in the mall. Looks the same for me, or I just don't know to compare them. Both brands are okay for me naman. I just don't want to end up making the wrong decision.

For the soundproofing, do you have any tips? Anyone?

Offline defcon3

• Trade Count: (+79)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2011 at 05:53 AM »
sir, regarding :

soundproofing - rockwool,fiberglass are more effective. check from the HT gallery,theres alot of pdvd members diy'd panels using this materials.

other than your bose speakers, you can check from sights and sounds if they have paradigm cinema 70, 90 or 110.

check this site : http://www.paradigm.com/products/products-by-category/ct-5-1-system/paradigm/cinema/cinema-110-ct

also theres definitive technology procinema 800 and 600 , sad to say, there's no more dealer in philippines. but might be there's some pdvd members who owned this.

http://www.definitivetech.com/Products/products.aspx?path=On-Wall/Shelf/Stand%20Speakers&productid=ProCinema%20800%20System

hope this helps..goodluck ;)

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 17, 2011 at 06:00 AM »
Samsung would be fine Sir, as for the Acoustics by the looks of the system you want I think you wont need it that much except when you have those large systems.
For a different brand of speakers that are small, there are a few to choose from like GALLO ACOUSTICS they have small orb-like speakers & also FOCALS (these are good). here's a link that someone is selling FOCALS here:
http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,143234.0.html

I think Audio Visual Driver in Edsa Shang is selling these Focal Brands, check them out also ;)

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: Aug 17, 2011 at 08:38 AM »
I'm new to this.

We are currently building a house, and have been asking around what particular brand of speakers + TV should I get for my new room. I know nothing abt quality speakers, but I always wanted to get the Bose System (V35) because it looks good, sounds okay naman for me. I liked it because I love listening to music and watching movies/series as well (includes an iphone dock).

Others are saying its overpriced, so now I am confused. A friend of mine redirected me to this site. Your tips/suggestions are very much appreciated.

Floor area is 22 sq.m (Distance from bed to TV - 4.22m)

1. I prefer the 5-speaker system. I plan that the speakers are mounted on walls, so I just prefer the small ones, just like Bose. Is this too much? Is the V35 Bose System good enough? Good deal?

2. For the TV, I prefer LED. They say I get the Samsung Smart TV, has internet included. They said its the best now, true? Or Should I consider other brands?

3. My room is next to my sisters'. Should I consider insulating/soundproofing the room? The wall that separates us is CHB.

Hello, a no0b here that do not prefer wall mounted speakers :) Try going to other showrooms like kay sir Marc's sa kalayaan ave (lol do I get a percentage?)

Floor standing or Bookshelves with stands is what I prefer because I think you can direct where the sound will shoot at or focus on what direction. So insulating and soundproofing I guess will be easier.

@defcon3 thanks sa links hehe

just an opinion.

Offline defcon3

• Trade Count: (+79)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #6 on: Aug 17, 2011 at 08:05 PM »
walang anuman po sir. basta lang po may maitulong. ;)

Offline rolandumali

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Aug 21, 2011 at 02:20 AM »
Thanks for all the tips! Appreciate it!

But I have another inquiry. Have you guys heard of the FOCAL brand? I saw it in the mall yesterday. Sounds good, but I'm not an expert when it comes to sound quality. They say its better than Bose? Any tips?

I checked out the DOME 5.1 system at shang. Looks good to me, but I want to know your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #8 on: Aug 21, 2011 at 06:07 AM »

But I have another inquiry. Have you guys heard of the FOCAL brand? I saw it in the mall yesterday. Sounds good, but I'm not an expert when it comes to sound quality. They say its better than Bose? Any tips?

I checked out the DOME 5.1 system at shang. Looks good to me, but I want to know your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

those are one of the well regarded  names A/V world. Paradigm is also worth to consider. The Cinema Package sounds better tha those over priced small cubes and passive bass module.  ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Aug 21, 2011 at 04:02 PM »

Yes these are good speakers (FOCALS), Sir AudioJunkie's suggestions also on the Paradigms are worth the try also as these are having excellent qualities too & a bang for the buck ;)

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 806
« Reply #10 on: Aug 21, 2011 at 04:13 PM »

Lots of speakers are better than Bose. If you want to stay small, the Focal Dome 5.1 will work nicely.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Aug 21, 2011 at 04:16 PM »

The difference between Bose and Focal is like night and day. Bose is 95% marketing and 5% science/art/value. Focal is the exact opposite.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline rolandumali

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Aug 22, 2011 at 10:36 AM »
Thanks for all your suggestions. Now this makes me re-think everything again, considering that everyone said that Focal is a better choice.

So if I end up with Focal, it doesn't have an Amplifier to go with. Any suggestions? I wouldnt know how to set it up, if ever. Secondly, I prefer to have my iphone connected to it too. (Bose has an iphone dock - one of the reasons I liked it). Does focal a dock as well? I wanted a dock so I won't drain my battery.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Yunarce

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Aug 22, 2011 at 11:30 AM »
You should include buying a decent AV receiver to compliment you speakers. There are a lots of brands to choose from but but since you want to use your Iphone, consider getting a receiver with a feature called Airplay which lets you play your music on your iphone to your receiver via Wi-Fi. Denon and Yamaha are some brands that supports Airplay.

As for the TV, LG and Samsung are the ones that would recommend for you to try as they both produce excellent picture quality. I have a Samsung a it never fails to deliver great picture when i'm watching a movie. Hope this helps.

cheers!!  ;D