Author Topic: Yamaha Receiver Remote Control replacement  (Read 3985 times)

Offline butchoy17

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Yamaha Receiver Remote Control replacement
« on: Sep 29, 2011 at 07:31 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm having issues with the remote control of my Yamaha receiver model: RX-V430. I can use some of the buttons like increasing the volume but my concern is that I cannot change the effect settings and individual speaker volume level because that button is not working. I've attempted to search the receiver for manual control but it seems it can only be tweak using a remote.  Need your expert opinion or suggestion for a fix or a possible replacement of my remote controller.

I've recently added a Jamo Subwoofer on my setup, unfortunately the LFE/Bass output setting can only be controlled with a remote. So standby lang yung sub ko...please help!!.

thanks,

Nj
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2011 at 07:34 AM by butchoy17 »

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
Re: Yamaha Receiver Remote Control replacement
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2011 at 07:54 AM »
Just get a HARMONY ONE or lower models from Logitech Sir, it does everything   ;D
Or you could have your remote fix by a technician, maybe maliit lang ang problema diyan :)

Oreoshake & Anya are selling LOGITECH Remotes it in the Marketplace, I hope this helps ;)
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline butchoy17

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2011 at 08:13 AM »
Just get a HARMONY ONE or lower models from Logitech Sir, it does everything   ;D
Or you could have your remote fix by a technician, maybe maliit lang ang problema diyan :)

Oreoshake & Anya are selling LOGITECH Remotes it in the Marketplace, I hope this helps ;)

@ at_sunset_blvd
Thanks for quick reply..I appreciate the help...I'll try to check it out later..Bdw, do you have an idea of it's price?

Offline JAQY888

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's a bright new world ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2011 at 08:32 AM »
If only a specific button of your remote is not functioning, then the problem might be the contact switch attached to the remote control's PCB. You can have a technician open up the remote to check the specific button and its contact point. These parts can be purchased from DEECO, a local supplier of electronic spare parts. This is usually the problem of remote controls, usual wear and tear over time.

For the RX-V430, the remote control is an RAV-242. A b/new unit is hard to come by these days, though, IIRC.

Should everything else fail, then your next option would be to purchase a universal remote, such as those from Logitech, as what was earlier suggested. Remote controls from logitech are "learning" remotes.

Good luck, bro.  :D    
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2011 at 08:35 AM by JAQY888 »
50pv70;AX200E
NR-808;TX-8555;EX442;SuV85a
Dali-Ikon7;Paradigm-11;SVS-PB12+;B&W
RegaP3;OPPO;CDT15

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2011 at 09:21 PM »
@ at_sunset_blvd
Thanks for quick reply..I appreciate the help...I'll try to check it out later..Bdw, do you have an idea of it's price?

as Sir Jay said maybe your remote is just a quick-fix away if not, then to option 2 to get a Universal Remote. Good luck Sir ;)

Here are the links:

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,129652.0.html

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,78853.390.html
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...