Author Topic: PBA Season 37  (Read 141402 times)

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PBA Season 37
« Reply #240 on: Nov 22, 2011 at 04:22 PM »
the injuries to TnT and Petron will probably take it's toll later in the conference.. expect B-Meg and Rain or Shine to make a push sa playoffs.. a better coach would have made Barako a contender but Baculi just doesn't know how to maximize his lineup.. I'm seeing either TnT, B-Meg, RoS and Petron in the finals.. wildcard is Ginebra..

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #241 on: Nov 22, 2011 at 05:33 PM »
the injuries to TnT and Petron will probably take it's toll later in the conference.. expect B-Meg and Rain or Shine to make a push sa playoffs.. a better coach would have made Barako a contender but Baculi just doesn't know how to maximize his lineup.. I'm seeing either TnT, B-Meg, RoS and Petron in the finals.. wildcard is Ginebra..

cant blame Baculi as his players are always on the trading block.
TNT vs PETRON nlng ule para mas mainit ang laban.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #242 on: Nov 22, 2011 at 05:52 PM »
cant blame Baculi as his players are always on the trading block.
TNT vs PETRON nlng ule para mas mainit ang laban.

you can definitely blame Baculi.. he keeps Miller on the bench too long.. he uses Danny Seigle only in the 2nd Quarter.. he prefers Leo Avenido over Dylan Ababou at the SG spot.. he keeps posting up Dorian when Seigle or Allado are better post players..

Baculi has veteran discards on his team.. si Ababou na lang ang may trade value diyan.. so his players are not always on the trading block.. he keeps saying that the veterans he has want to show everyone that they still got it.. unfortunately, Baculi doesn't give them the chance to do that..

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #243 on: Nov 22, 2011 at 06:33 PM »
you can definitely blame Baculi.. he keeps Miller on the bench too long.. he uses Danny Seigle only in the 2nd Quarter.. he prefers Leo Avenido over Dylan Ababou at the SG spot.. he keeps posting up Dorian when Seigle or Allado are better post players..

Baculi has veteran discards on his team.. si Ababou na lang ang may trade value diyan.. so his players are not always on the trading block.. he keeps saying that the veterans he has want to show everyone that they still got it.. unfortunately, Baculi doesn't give them the chance to do that..

he has a pimp boss we dont know what the team is really up to and with what purpose.
as for Dorian Pena, perhaps he's training him and givin Pena the much needed exposure and confidence in posting up and should he improves, a trade may materialize sending him to another team in search for a dominant BIG man.
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2011 at 09:32 AM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #244 on: Nov 23, 2011 at 12:13 PM »
the two new acquisitions of ginebra won't be playing today. reason: still nursing/undergoing therapy for their recently-acquired-and-not-yet-fully-healed ACL injuries....
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #245 on: Nov 23, 2011 at 12:42 PM »
the two new acquisitions of ginebra won't be playing today. reason: still nursing/undergoing therapy for their recently-acquired-and-not-yet-fully-healed ACL injuries....

actually, si Maierhofer lang yung may recently acquired ACL injury.. Maliksi had his nung college pa.. yung injury niya ngayon is a sprained knee..

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #246 on: Nov 23, 2011 at 09:38 PM »
actually, si Maierhofer lang yung may recently acquired ACL injury.. Maliksi had his nung college pa.. yung injury niya ngayon is a sprained knee..

thanks for the clarification. that was the impression i got with the press releases after the trade. heard that mc47 is also injured, sprained ankle. nice win by ginebra, though.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #247 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 09:01 AM »

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2660
« Reply #248 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 09:12 AM »
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Online newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 379
« Reply #249 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 09:39 AM »
Hatfield will go down as one of the hardest-working forwards ever to play in the PBA.

However, his return will create yet another logjam in the GINEBRA rotation .... They've just cleared up their guard logjam - now they're way stacked at the forward spots.

Aside from Hatfield, they got new players Maierhofer & Maliksi in the mix. Existing are Intal, Canaleta, W.Wilson, Cervantes .... even Tubid & J.Wilson plays SF most of the time.

KG Canaleta is in a groove right now. Any tweak in his minutes might make him revert back to the ineffifcient KG.

GINEBRA should trade for a post playin' big (ex. Jondan Salvador should be available, since he's seeing limited minutes at BARAKO .... and it's Bert Lina's team .... a "trade" won't be hard to do).

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #250 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 10:33 AM »
looks like the h bomb is getiing ready to explode again... ;D

http://www.philstar.com/thedeanscorner/articlescontent.aspx?articleid=752795&publicationsubcategoryid=69

was about to post this, too. pero second conference pa pala. still, it's a very welcome news for ginebra fans.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #251 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 07:14 PM »
Hatfield will go down as one of the hardest-working forwards ever to play in the PBA.

However, his return will create yet another logjam in the GINEBRA rotation .... They've just cleared up their guard logjam - now they're way stacked at the forward spots.

Aside from Hatfield, they got new players Maierhofer & Maliksi in the mix. Existing are Intal, Canaleta, W.Wilson, Cervantes .... even Tubid & J.Wilson plays SF most of the time.

KG Canaleta is in a groove right now. Any tweak in his minutes might make him revert back to the ineffifcient KG.

GINEBRA should trade for a post playin' big (ex. Jondan Salvador should be available, since he's seeing limited minutes at BARAKO .... and it's Bert Lina's team .... a "trade" won't be hard to do).

i was supposed to ask what is happenning to jondan salvador, he was very strong and promising but got injured, since then di ko na sya naririnig.

at the age of 34, will hatfield be a good trade bait still?
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Online newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #252 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 07:29 PM »
^ Jondan has been fit for sometime now. He's just playing behind Pena & Pennisi - both doing good so far.

Should Hatfield return, GINEBRA should trade away one of their forwards to clear some space (prolly keep Cervantes in reserve) ..... Hatfield will surely be inserted in the lineup as he has strong ties with Uichico & management.

Offline Hitman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #253 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 07:35 PM »
Ano ba talagang gustong gawin ni hatfield? Make up your mind dude! >:(

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #254 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 07:40 PM »
^ Jondan has been fit for sometime now. He's just playing behind Pena & Pennisi - both doing good so far.

Should Hatfield return, GINEBRA should trade away one of their forwards to clear some space (prolly keep Cervantes in reserve) ..... Hatfield will surely be inserted in the lineup as he has strong ties with Uichico & management.

so they also have cervantes? this guy is good but i dont think i see him playing, such a wasted talent if this continues.

Online newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #255 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 07:47 PM »
All of the SMC teams have long been notorious for "keeping" players ..... despite, offers from other teams. Just goes to show what kind of benefits SMC offer their players.

Not so long ago, Pena (then with SMB) & Homer Se (then with GINEBRA) were placed in the reserved list, yet did not entertain offers from other teams ..... tells you something right.

=============================================================================

Hatfield is likely feeling the economic pinch in the US .... hence, the return back to the PBA.

Doesnt seem right, that Hatfield will come and go as he pleases .... but he's still good for the PBA. His effort is second to none (probably second to Pingris).

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #256 on: Nov 28, 2011 at 11:44 PM »
so they also have cervantes? this guy is good but i dont think i see him playing, such a wasted talent if this continues.

i already mentioned in previous posts that many players do get much exposure thus their game just diminished as they continue to ride on the bench of their respective teams.

Cervantes plays like Dondon Ampalayo so dapat bumuo pa ng isang pang team ang SMC if they will continue to hord on to these talented players and give them the proper exposures so they can further improve and develop their game..
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #257 on: Nov 29, 2011 at 10:57 AM »
Ano ba talagang gustong gawin ni hatfield? Make up your mind dude! >:(

oo nga...but i think he's made up already. he said he'll return until ginebra kicks him out.

i agree. in fact, in their pre-season games, cervantes even top scored for the team. unfortunately, he is not being used. no matter how good he is, mawawala kumpyansa nyan pag laging nakaupo. not to mention losing his rhythm.

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #258 on: Dec 01, 2011 at 11:22 AM »
dapat gamitin si cervantes para confidence builder rin sa kanya yun.

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #259 on: Dec 04, 2011 at 08:08 PM »
800th franchise win for ginebra...

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #260 on: Dec 05, 2011 at 08:28 PM »
was able to watch shortly a game where adducul was best palyer of the game, i hope this would fire him up and make him regain his old form.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #261 on: Dec 05, 2011 at 08:50 PM »
was able to watch shortly a game where adducul was best palyer of the game, i hope this would fire him up and make him regain his old form.

was that a recent game? if it was, that was probably the Powerade-TNT game.. Adducul really wasn't the best player there.. naawa lang si Quinito dun.. that was a blowout kasi wala yung mga regular players ng TNT..

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #262 on: Dec 05, 2011 at 09:23 PM »

Oo nga brader Tirso, namimiss ko na yung dating Adducul, yung mga baseline cut then undergoal shots, tapos sya lang ang kayang decent post defender vs. Taulava during his stint w/ the Ginkings...grabe di makatira ng derecho sa kanya si Asi & even si Ali Peek, di kasi sya basta-basta umaatras sa banggaan sa post, bato-bato ikanga  ;)

Kamusta na kaya si Ali Peek, sayang kung di na sya makakabalik  :'(
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #263 on: Dec 06, 2011 at 07:37 PM »
is it just me or parang ang bilis na ma-injure ng mga players ngayon? biruin mo in this Petron-TnT game right now, pwede ka na bumuo ng champion team sa mga injured lang.. Hontiveros, Washington, Al-Hussaini, Lutz, Ryan Reyes, Ranidel De Ocampo, Dillinger at Peek..

Online newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #264 on: Dec 06, 2011 at 08:09 PM »
^ Good observation ..... TnT and PETRON does have more than their fair share of injuries.

They're still among the league leaders though - a testament to their ultra-loaded lineups.

Hontiveros, Al-Hussaini & De Ocampo's injuries were just freak ones ..... Hontiveros & Al-Hussaini's ACL's coming from regular PBA bumps .... Al-Hussaini was never one to have the best conditioning though.

De Ocampo's recent bad nose injury came from a wayward Lao elbow during practice last season.

Meanwhile, Washington, Lutz & Ryan Reyes (also Castro, Alapag & Carrey) were just injuries waiting to happen, due to the massive minutes they were playing.

PETRON will never suffer from manpower woes though as Bert Lina's pimp teams will always be a steady source of players .... e.g. just recently, SHOPINAS "released" Lordy Tugade back to PETRON.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #265 on: Dec 06, 2011 at 08:18 PM »
^are this injuries easily happening now compared to before?

i recalled the only injury prone guy before was samboy lim and its easily understood because of the way he plays, alvin patrimonio played probaly the longest consecutive games and so is dante gonzalgo, not many superstar then get injured that often( not sure though if my perception is correct)

makes me wonder why players right now gets injured easily and at the early stage of their career at that considering players of old are more enthusiastic with ther game and plays their heart out more, ngayon paragn petiks petiks na lagn players eh.

is it becasue of the lifestyles of players now or perhaps their attitude and dedication and conditioning?

about tugade joining petron again, wow you have an army of number 3s or 2s at that already with Petron

Online newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #266 on: Dec 06, 2011 at 09:19 PM »
^ I'd say ever since the PBA allowed zone defenses (disallowed illegal defense), the game just got a tad faster ..... the arrival of the fast & agressive Filams also got the action-meter running higher.

Another one .... the massive dip in PBA ratings the past few years have forced the Commisioners Office to adapt a near "no-harm-no-foul" policy among the referees .... this ensured lots of spills, but more than a few injuries as well.

Alvin Patrimonio really was an iron-man ..... had a strong will & his ground-based game (which he's one of the best ever) ensured his longevity.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #267 on: Dec 06, 2011 at 09:39 PM »
^ I'd say ever since the PBA allowed zone defenses (disallowed illegal defense), the game just got a tad faster ..... the arrival of the fast & agressive Filams also got the action-meter running higher.

Another one .... the massive dip in PBA ratings the past few years have forced the Commisioners Office to adapt a near "no-harm-no-foul" policy among the referees .... this ensured lots of spills, but more than a few injuries as well.

Alvin Patrimonio really was an iron-man ..... had a strong will & his ground-based game (which he's one of the best ever) ensured his longevity.

i recalled during the death of his father, nag laro pa din sya.

perhaps less flashyness and simple approach to the game would make your stay longer and avoid injuries

i also recalled my favorite player jojo lastimosa used to be very falshy, dunking here and there, difficult layups but eventually settled down and make the game simple, this is when he earned the tag 4th quarter man.

Online vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 999
« Reply #268 on: Dec 06, 2011 at 11:49 PM »
i recalled during the death of his father, nag laro pa din sya.

perhaps less flashyness and simple approach to the game would make your stay longer and avoid injuries

i also recalled my favorite player jojo lastimosa used to be very falshy, dunking here and there, difficult layups but eventually settled down and make the game simple, this is when he earned the tag 4th quarter man.

mejo natatabunan na fundamentals ng flashyness at showmanship.  nakaka miss tuloy mga player na simple lang pero napaka effective...like freddy abuda!

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #269 on: Dec 07, 2011 at 07:49 AM »
alvin patrimonio played probaly the longest consecutive games and so is dante gonzalgo

alvin patrimonio now owns the "iron man" distinction, i.e., the player who has consecutively started a game the most number of times. at the time he "stole" the distinction from dante gonzalgo, he was actually suffering from an injury and was supposedly not allowed to play. he was then tied with gonzalgo with the most number of consecutive starts. purefoods made him start the game and the team committed a foul immediately after the first ball possession. thereafter, patrimonio was then immediately taken out of the game and spent the whole night on the bench.