Author Topic: Samsung htd350 or Xenon ax-302  (Read 4047 times)

Offline raixhell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Samsung htd350 or Xenon ax-302
« on: Oct 28, 2011 at 04:40 PM »
Hey I'd just like to get some advice from experts out there:

I'm planing to upgrade the sound system of my Samsung LA32d550, and I'm wondering if some mid-end 2.1 speakers like Xenon ax-302 are better than Samsung's 5.1 HTD350 HTIB... (http://www.samsung.com/ph/consumer/tv-audio-video/home-theater/home-theater-system/HT-D350K/XP/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=feature)

I'm tempted to get the Xenon ax-302 because it's cheaper and the TV doesn't really decode 5.1 channels so even with the optical in of the HTIB, I won't get true surround sound. and I plan to get some 5.1 headphones for gaming anyway.. mainly I just want my TV to sound better. :)

oh- and I'll be connecting the Xenon to the headphone out, if it matters. :)

thanks!

Offline willowziggy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: Samsung htd350 or Xenon ax-302
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2011 at 03:02 PM »
hi there...

nice to stumble upon your post...

I currently have the exact setup... Samsung 32d550 and my beloved xenon 302... It is a very good combination and it makes viewing either with regular cable TV or movie marathon a lot better...  this speaker system is really amazing... you may want to check other sites such as Tipidpc for a review on this one... trust me you won't regret it... :)

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Samsung htd350 or Xenon ax-302
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2011 at 03:22 PM »

I'm tempted to get the Xenon ax-302 because it's cheaper and the TV doesn't really decode 5.1 channels so even with the optical in of the HTIB, I won't get true surround sound.
thanks!

I think it CAN. I would get the Samsung HTIB anytime of the day. (I have X40 HTIB version). I ba pa rin ang may DD and DTS decoding.