Author Topic: Alnico Fullrange For Adults Only<<<<  (Read 51720 times)

Offline monreq

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • DVD Guru
  • Only a deaf can't distinguish good from bad audio.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Alnico Fullrange For Adults Only<<<<
« on: Nov 14, 2011 at 06:40 AM »
The most natural sounding fullrange I've ever heard is the Alnico fullrange speakers.  Most people think that fullrange is only for Jazz, Blues and can never go rock and roll or Metal.  It depends on the brand of fullrange speaker and its specs.  Also, it depends on your cabinet design.  Your speaker cabinet builder must also have lots of experience in speaker cabinet tuning.

So I am sharing this video of my Alnico 8" fullrange on Aperiodic Design Cabinet (Omega Alnico 8 XRS inspired with down firing flared port) modified by A Audio - Anthony. I trusted to use Muse DT50A tripath amp, for I find the TK2050 chip very good and compatible with my speaker set up.  

Here are the following videos.  Let's Rock n Roll with LED ZEP BBC Live Session! ::)

Video 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_PubL37SSo

Video 2: http://youtu.be/rVY2MUGAwQs

The HI and MID were very warm and natural.  The BASS REGION was full, detailed natural.  It has no bass extension that a ferrite magnet has.  In reality, bass drum doesn't have too much bass extension.  Everything was manipulated in the recording to add some life in the music by using reverberation and others.

I said, Alnico Fullrange for Adults only.  Because, when I was younger, I love speakers that rattles our windows, shakes the wall and roof.  I realized that when you are getting mature, you want to hear your music deeply.  You are going to love music not for how loud your system can play it but rather, on how the artists play their music well. You will love music for understanding the details, lyrics and its meaning.  :)

Note:  Pls use quality headphone or computer speakers.

Thanks Pinoy DVD for the opportunity.  More so, thanks for watching. :)
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2011 at 07:09 AM by monreq »
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline 22TS

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Zero-SS Ampli
  • Liked:
Re: Alnico Fullrange For Adults Only<<<<
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 09:18 AM »
i am one among the appreciators of FR.  my staple being the Fostex FE207E in double-horns, the johnblue JB3 and Aaudio FR (mine is called "Lunchbox").

i recently had a working gig as TechD for a series of concerts over the span of a week and a half. being at the venues for about 8hours a day hearing the i-dunno-how-many-thousands-of-watts array speakers and thundering bass enclosures, i was curious how i would react to listening to FRs again.

when i fired up my system back home i was relieved.  it is true that bass extensions with FRs do not shake up the room, but true musical bass and realistic bass extensions, along with clear mids and highs are the essential elements in a truthful appreciation of any type of music.
Zero-SS | All-FR

300B SET | 6L6 PP
FE207E | JB3 | HD598

Offline shrek7

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Guru
  • God First! Family Second! Audio Third!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 09:28 AM »
hehehehehee!!!!!! ayan ka na naman brader!!!!! mangkukulam ka na naman!!!! hehehe!
I totally agree to what you've said! ive been to car audio, and spl matters a lot, but since im getting old, my music preference also matures same with the choices for audio gears. Alnico FR kicks a$$ !!! the presentation of music is more natural compared to speakers with crossovers. well, maybe its about preference, but Damn!!!! alnico FR rocks!!!! ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline sound garden

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 12:48 PM »
ALNICO FR is for Adults only and it really ROCKS...I grew up in Olongapo kung saan nakilala ng husto ang galing ng Pinoy Band pagdating sa Rock Music. Palakasan ng sound set-up sa mga bawat bahay na mapuntahan mo before. I remember a Rock n Roll Hall that plays music till morning with big, loud speaker on top of the building. Ang sarap ng Buhay gapo nong araw. I remember music jamming with the Friction Band, Brown Sugar, Sampaguita, Mike Hanapol, Gary Perez, The Jerk, Split Endz, Boy Adan, Arnel Pineda, Freddie Aguilar, Maria Capra, Joey Pepe Smith and a lot more. I become tired of listening to loud music with loud Bass and Highs and found peace with my FR Alnico. I was really skeptical before about the FR Alnico. But I have to admit the FR alnico is for adults only. I found the true meaning and proper way of listening to music sa FR alnico. It will truly envelopes you inside the music. I remember a friend who become DEAF at the age of 18 for listening too much music with too much BASS and Treble. Na damage yong Eardrum nya. So, If you love music and your eardrum go for FR Alnico.
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2011 at 01:46 PM by soundgarden »
Clarity, detail, accuracy, and realism are unmatched....

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 02:12 PM »
i am one among the appreciators of FR.  my staple being the Fostex FE207E in double-horns, the johnblue JB3 and Aaudio FR (mine is called "Lunchbox").

i recently had a working gig as TechD for a series of concerts over the span of a week and a half. being at the venues for about 8hours a day hearing the i-dunno-how-many-thousands-of-watts array speakers and thundering bass enclosures, i was curious how i would react to listening to FRs again.

when i fired up my system back home i was relieved.  it is true that bass extensions with FRs do not shake up the room, but true musical bass and realistic bass extensions, along with clear mids and highs are the essential elements in a truthful appreciation of any type of music.
Wow!  You really are an experienced man when it comes to audio.  Glad to hear from you again bro. :)
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 02:16 PM »
hehehehehee!!!!!! ayan ka na naman brader!!!!! mangkukulam ka na naman!!!! hehehe!
I totally agree to what you've said! ive been to car audio, and spl matters a lot, but since im getting old, my music preference also matures same with the choices for audio gears. Alnico FR kicks a$$ !!! the presentation of music is more natural compared to speakers with crossovers. well, maybe its about preference, but Damn!!!! alnico FR rocks!!!! ::) ::) ::) ::)
Hay naku brother.  Tama ka diyan.  Maturity can also be seen on how we listen to music.  I can live and die with my Alnico Fullrange, if I can't anymore buy Feastrex ;D.  Collect na lang ako ng software...more musical recordings. :)

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 02:22 PM »
ALNICO FR is for Adults only and it really ROCKS...I grew up in Olongapo kung saan nakilala ng husto ang galing ng Pinoy Band pagdating sa Rock Music. Palakasan ng sound set-up sa mga bawat bahay na mapuntahan mo before. I remember a Rock n Roll Hall that plays music till morning with big, loud speaker on top of the building. Ang sarap ng Buhay gapo nong araw. I remember music jamming with the Friction Band, Brown Sugar, Sampaguita, Mike Hanapol, Gary Perez, The Jerk, Split Endz, Boy Adan, Arnel Pineda, Freddie Aguilar, Maria Capra, Joey Pepe Smith and a lot more. I become tired of listening to loud music with loud Bass and Highs and found peace with my FR Alnico. I was really skeptical before about the FR Alnico. But I have to admit the FR alnico is for adults only. I found the true meaning and proper way of listening to music sa FR alnico. It will truly envelopes you inside the music. I remember a friend who become DEAF at the age of 18 for listening too much music with too much BASS and Treble. Na damage yong Eardrum nya. So, If you love music and your eardrum go for FR Alnico.
Yan na! Lumabas na ang sentimiyento ni Jorge.  Yes, Olongapo was the place of all the nice sound audio gears during those times 70's -80's, i think.  Sabi nga nila, yung Bose na pang disco na ang lupit ng gapang sa Olongapo lang meron nun.  Malulupit ang audio gears ng mga Bars doon.  Puro High End na pang out door talaga.

Thanks Jorge for the effort of getting me a cheap alnico FR. Sulit talaga esp. ngayon na na enjoy natin at na experience ang experience ni Sidny with his quite expensive Audio Nirvana Alnico 8.  Buti nabigyan tayo ng pagkakataon magkaroon ng parang Alnico 8 ni Sidny. :D

Offline xtian_lugz

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • OB-one!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 02:25 PM »
Mga braders i have my merrills bakit ganon all of you are enjoying your FR's ako hindi! :-[ ano ba kulang sa set up ko ??? :'(
In God we trust!

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 03:26 PM »
Mga braders i have my merrills bakit ganon all of you are enjoying your FR's ako hindi! :-[ ano ba kulang sa set up ko ??? :'(

bro, if I were you, visit monreq again and have a listen, from there you will know what we are talking about. just try, it wont hurt to listen to monreqs set up bro  ;D  tapos hanap tayo ng alnico na FR. hehehehe!  ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2011 at 03:49 PM by shrek7 »

Offline 22TS

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Zero-SS Ampli
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 03:38 PM »

sir, kelangan nyo mag-session ni ella fitzgerald. hehe. (peace) after that you won't sell your zogmahornets to me anymore.
Zero-SS | All-FR

300B SET | 6L6 PP
FE207E | JB3 | HD598

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 03:50 PM »
The right amp for your Merrils.  Mang hiram ka ng Muse DT50a...Merrils have low sensitivity though they have low wattage.  You must use a good amp that will give 50watts 8ohms power, at least.  Then you decide after hearing those.  You can visit me anytime bro with your Zigma Merills.   :)

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 03:52 PM »
bro, if I were you, visit monreq again and have a listen, from there you will know what we are talking about. just try, it wont hurt to listen to monreqs set up bro  ;D  tapos hanap tayo ng alnico na FR. hehehehe!  ;D
Oo..yung kasing mura ng Audio Nirvana  Alnico 8 mo.   ;D  Mahirap kitain ang 30K sa tulad kong nanny.  Kailangan ko mag paganda ng katawan ulit at mag ipon ng lakas para sariwa pa din ng kumita ng ganyan kalaki. :D

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 03:57 PM »
Oo..yung kasing mura ng Audio Nirvana  Alnico 8 mo.   ;D  Mahirap kitain ang 30K sa tulad kong nanny.  Kailangan ko mag paganda ng katawan ulit at mag ipon ng lakas para sariwa pa din ng kumita ng ganyan kalaki. :D

hehehehe!! di naman bro!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline endy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 04:06 PM »
good day mga guru. 
meron po ba tayong local source ng alnico fr speaker?

Offline sound garden

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 04:23 PM »
The merrill zigmahornet is best match with a separate bass augmenter. ;D

Offline sound garden

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 04:27 PM »
good day mga guru. 
meron po ba tayong local source ng alnico fr speaker?
You can only get some alnico FR sa may DAU pampanga. But you have to test the speaker first. They are all 2nd hand but some are in good shape.

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 04:54 PM »
You can only get some alnico FR sa may DAU pampanga. But you have to test the speaker first. They are all 2nd hand but some are in good shape.

kung andyan lang ako eh baka, sinuyod ko na ang dau!

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 06:18 PM »
Talagan susuyurin mo yan panigurado....kahit di audio related. ::) ;D ;D ;D

Offline sound garden

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 07:30 PM »
Brader Shrek7, baka hindi speaker ang masuyod mo sa DAU Pampanga. Baka mapunta ka sa BL_ _ job alley. ;D Magiging pamagat na ng thread na ito ay, Alnico Full range Speaker stricktly for Adults only PARENTAL GUIDANCE IS REQUIRED.. ;D :)
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2011 at 07:36 PM by soundgarden »

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 08:27 PM »
naku brader, nasuyod ko na yun! kaso, ang daming exotic speakers! di ko type, may dalawang tindahan lang dun ang gusto ko, per kilo!!! ;D

joke!!! gud boy tayo brader!!!

Offline sound garden

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 08:44 PM »
naku brader, nasuyod ko na yun! kaso, ang daming exotic speakers! di ko type, may dalawang tindahan lang dun ang gusto ko, per kilo!!! ;D

joke!!! gud boy tayo brader!!!
Parehas pala tayong USC member. ;D ;D

Offline shrek7

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 08:57 AM »
korek USC talaga!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

you tube video, kaso laptop cam lang ang gamit ko, di nga nakita yung alnico FR ko.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ2DTlo4OLI

Offline jlester87

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 02:58 PM »
korek USC talaga!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

you tube video, kaso laptop cam lang ang gamit ko, di nga nakita yung alnico FR ko.

Sir ano pong mic gamit mo? Iba talagang tunog ng fullrange mo ang ganda.. :o Is it the mic? speaker? or room acoustics?  :)
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2011 at 03:04 PM by jlester87 »

Offline sound garden

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 04:34 PM »
Sir ano pong mic gamit mo? Iba talagang tunog ng fullrange mo ang ganda.. :o Is it the mic? speaker? or room acoustics?  :)
That's the power of Audio Nirvana super 8 Alnico. ;D

Offline Pajd

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 04:59 PM »
That's the power of Audio Nirvana super 8 Alnico. ;D
+1 parang mic ba? hehe galing!! ;)

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 05:13 PM »
korek USC talaga!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nice bro.  Keep it up.  Lupit talaga ng alnico fullrange mo. ;)  Dedicate mo ba yan sa bago mo friend? Yari ka kay kumander! ;D

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #26 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 06:01 PM »
Oo..yung kasing mura ng Audio Nirvana  Alnico 8 mo.   ;D  Mahirap kitain ang 30K sa tulad kong nanny.  Kailangan ko mag paganda ng katawan ulit at mag ipon ng lakas para sariwa pa din ng kumita ng ganyan kalaki. :D

Lagi ka naman na e exercise sa bahay Sir Monreq kaya sa tingin ko ok lang iyung katawan mo  ;D

Macho ka nga e ... hehehe
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2011 at 06:01 PM by rascal101 »

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #27 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 06:23 PM »
Maganda nga siguro magka Alnico FR. Kapag nakabalik na ako diyan titignan ko kung papayagan ako ng boss.
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2011 at 06:28 PM by rascal101 »

Offline sound garden

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 06:54 PM »
Sound Tripping and remembering the Folk era with my FR alnico. Sweet sound of the guitar from Cat stevens, Simon and Art Garfunkel, James Taylor, Bread, Peter Paul and Mary, Don Mclean, Jim Croce, America, Seals & Crofts, Neil Young, Dan Fogelberg and some pinoy folk band. ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2011 at 06:57 PM by soundgarden »

Offline monreq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 07:20 PM »
Maganda nga siguro magka Alnico FR. Kapag nakabalik na ako diyan titignan ko kung papayagan ako ng boss.
No need to do that bro.  Basta, pag ipunan mo lang kahit paunti unti. :)