Author Topic: NMJ v2 on PCH-A300  (Read 1038 times)

Offline [joms]

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
NMJ v2 on PCH-A300
« on: Jan 08, 2012 at 09:32 PM »
Can someone point me to a program that can re-name documentary films to the proper format?

I used "therenamer" in renaming my movies and tvshows and it was very convenient. The problem, though, is that it cannot handle documentary films like BBC / National Geographic / Discovery / etc.

Also, how can i make the NMJ check certain folders only? Since I can't find a way to rename the documenyary titles (which are a LOT), then the NMJ scans it and doesnt download any art. Thus, when i look at the NMJ via "movie" selection, there are a lot of blank pictures which makes it look ugly.

Can I just choose certain folders for NMJ to create the database with and I will probably just access the Documentary folder using the file method
Great minds discuss ideas. Small minds discuss people.

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
Re: NMJ v2 on PCH-A300
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2012 at 07:31 AM »
Can someone point me to a program that can re-name documentary films to the proper format?

I used "therenamer" in renaming my movies and tvshows and it was very convenient. The problem, though, is that it cannot handle documentary films like BBC / National Geographic / Discovery / etc.

Also, how can i make the NMJ check certain folders only? Since I can't find a way to rename the documenyary titles (which are a LOT), then the NMJ scans it and doesnt download any art. Thus, when i look at the NMJ via "movie" selection, there are a lot of blank pictures which makes it look ugly.

Can I just choose certain folders for NMJ to create the database with and I will probably just access the Documentary folder using the file method

for the renaming folder/files part:

if you need massive rename, and there's a pattern that you can see (ie. replace , to space;replace . to space, select *720p*, deselect *199* , then exporerXP is such a great tool for the job.

recently i used them to deduplicate my library, plus of course some string manipulation skills in excel for some hard to rename folders.

I opted to use FOLDERNAME to show:
NAME OF CONTENT (FACES IN THE CROWD)
YEAR (2011)
RESOLUTION (1080p, 720p, 480p)
AUDIO TRACKS (AC3, DTS, TRUEHD,DTS MA)

rest of the string i deleted, and if i find duplicates i merge them first and delete the non worthy (usually the smaller file of the two)

HTH
toy