Author Topic: PC Audio Setup  (Read 13370 times)

Offline haboky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PC Audio Setup
« Reply #60 on: Nov 24, 2012 at 03:11 PM »
try hrt ms 2.. :)
LG 42LB5510
Marantz PM6005
Dali Zensor 3
ITX Desktop PC w/ Digital Optical Out
Spotify Premium

Offline panzimus

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Nov 24, 2012 at 09:51 PM »
thanks! naisip ko din yang HRT MS2. will try that.

as of now, nagagamit ko na yung isang DAC ko na optical lang ang input. pinapadaan ko sa enma muna. for me, mas malinis kasi tumunog yung AT-HA25D.

Offline Arulco

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 693
« Reply #62 on: Nov 25, 2012 at 12:15 AM »
+1 ako sa HRT.

Papalit-palit ako ng soundcards and DACs until I stopped with the Musicstreamer. For the price, ok talaga yung MSII. Gusto ko yung sound signature niya. Hindi ko binitawan in spite of the initial clicking issues na na-address naman with regular firmware updates from HRT and switching to 24-bit kernel streaming mode sa Jriver or Event-Mode WASAPI 3.0 sa foobar2000.
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2012 at 12:22 AM by °BSΩLE†e »

Offline butchoy17

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Nov 27, 2012 at 07:23 PM »
I'm thinking of upgrading my PC setup with a USB DAC..possibly HRT MSII, superpro or musiland....what's the difference po sa tatlo?..in terms of sound quality, meron ba pagkaiba?..is there such thing as a warm sounding DAC or bright sounding DAC?..big difference po ba ang 96/24 compared to 44/16?

My current PC setup: Macbook ==>optical ==> Denon DA 500 ==> Integrated Amp ==> FS speakers..

The DA 500 can only convert 16 bit but can upsample up to 20 bit and only up to 48khz...

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #64 on: Nov 27, 2012 at 10:22 PM »
I'm thinking of upgrading my PC setup with a USB DAC..possibly HRT MSII, superpro or musiland....what's the difference po sa tatlo?..in terms of sound quality, meron ba pagkaiba?..is there such thing as a warm sounding DAC or bright sounding DAC?..big difference po ba ang 96/24 compared to 44/16?

My current PC setup: Macbook ==>optical ==> Denon DA 500 ==> Integrated Amp ==> FS speakers..

The DA 500 can only convert 16 bit but can upsample up to 20 bit and only up to 48khz...

Yes sir. There are sonic differences between the 3 DACs. Pero i leave that for others to comment. Just trust your ears.

And yes sir, may difference ang 16 bit vs 24 bit, to some malaki, to others, minor. Foobar can upsample your music file pero hindi ko nagustuhan kaya hindi na ako nag-upsample.

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #65 on: Nov 29, 2012 at 10:51 PM »
Yes sir. There are sonic differences between the 3 DACs. Pero i leave that for others to comment. Just trust your ears.

And yes sir, may difference ang 16 bit vs 24 bit, to some malaki, to others, minor. Foobar can upsample your music file pero hindi ko nagustuhan kaya hindi na ako nag-upsample.

ako na magcocomment. i find the musiland 01 warm sounding while 03 is refined. i actually compared this to superpro 707 before. in my own opinion, i wasn't impressed by how the 707 sounded, i felt that the sound became somewhat laid back. i think it's better if you audition both, watt hifi has both dacs plus more. for it's price, the 01 is the best bang for the buck. yun lang if you are using a macbook, be sure to use bootcamp para you can use the full functionality of the musiland dac drivers and software.

Offline butchoy17

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 03:54 AM »
Thank you sir siento bente for the detailed description and comparison between musiland and superpro..do you have an idea on how musiland fares with Htr ms 2?  My choice will now be between the 2...