Author Topic: avr harman kardon 156 and yamaha rxv 371  (Read 8776 times)

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: avr harman kardon 156 and yamaha rxv 371
« Reply #30 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 07:15 AM »
Sometimes makakakuha talaga tayo ng lemon product, maski ano pang brand yun. Just like this
http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,145763.0.html
May recall ng Honda, but people still buy honda. Even the fugly new civic  ;D

Tama ka pero in AVR IMHO only onkyo recall kasi madami sa model na nirelease nila ang may quality issue not like other brand na paisa isa lang if ever nga na may lemon. Kaya sila nag recall dahil sa Quality checking hindi dahil sa lemon lang siya na paisa isa kung hindi madami ang affected kaya may recall. I check other brand if my recall like yamaha may na google ako pero false information naman pala yung recall tapos iisang model pa.  ;D ;D

A number of products from Onkyo's 2011 line-up have been recalled. It's a potential PR blow for the company, generally renowned for the quality of its Hi-Fi goods, but it's responding to the problem in the right way - with a free repair service.

Onkyo has issued statement saying that some of its "products [produced] between November 2011 and January 2012" have problems, featuring below-par components. These have led to problems and glitches in a number of Onkyo's home theatre boxes. Worried you might have a duff unit? Here are the model numbers reportedly affected -

•    HT-S3405
•    TX-8030
•    TX-8050
•    TX-8225
•    TX-NR1009
•    TX-NR5009
•    TX-NR609
•    TX-NR709
•    TX-NR809
•    TX-SR309

Talking to What-HiFi, Onkyo tried to reassure customers, saying that only a "very small number" of units will be affected, and that this drastic action is about the company "looking after our customers." If you think you might be affected, you can go to the Onkyo website, where a product recall form will tell you whether you have a duffer - after entering its serial number.

Onkyo says that there's no obligation to return your Onkyo goods, and that the guarantee will be honoured regardless, should another problem bob up to the surface in the future. The turnaround time for the free repair service is around two weeks.

via What-HiFi

Kung kotse naman pag babasehan natin kahit ibang brand may recall na din hindi lang honda.Those recalls are due to quality issue of wirings dahil nasusunog ang buong sasakyan pero hindi siya lemon kasi madami ang affected.  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2012 at 07:17 AM by xrampage »
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #31 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 02:59 PM »
Actually regarding quality checking, this is what I am scared of. Yamaha had a safety recall for an amp they manufactured 30 years ago.
http://www.whathifi.com/news/Yamaha-issues-safety-recall-on-amps-30-years-on/

Isn't that too late already? Baka nagkasunog na because of it and they only found that out recently. Well I'm not bashing Yamaha anyway but the fact is, kapag mamalasin talaga, mamalasin ka on the product you'll get.
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2012 at 02:59 PM by sientobente »

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #32 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 05:36 PM »
Actually regarding quality checking, this is what I am scared of. Yamaha had a safety recall for an amp they manufactured 30 years ago.

Isn't that too late already? Baka nagkasunog na because of it and they only found that out recently. Well I'm not bashing Yamaha anyway but the fact is, kapag mamalasin talaga, mamalasin ka on the product you'll get.

Any product can be faulty before or even 30 years.. I have a TV na pumutok at umusok after 5 years.. And it's a branded TV, but who would know that it's a factory default?

But again after searching Receiver issues.. Yamaha pinaka konti kong nakitang results na may problema...
Walang Setup

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #33 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 05:37 PM »
pioneer din... ;D  ;D  ;D
Love me or hate me.....

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 07:06 PM »

Siguro naman in 30 years from now upgrade na din ang receiver ko di like ng ibang brand kabago bago pero narecall na kasi alam ng low quality checking. Malamang kaya di napansin yang yamaha kasi maganda ang quality check nila kaya di napasin. I'm not bashing in any brand pero kitang kita naman kahit google ang per brand makikita kung sino pinaka madaming model ang nirecall.  :P :P

Atleast even matagal na ung mga yamaha receivers na released yamaha still check any issue on their uynits that has been release. Sa ibang brand kaya after nila marelease may checking pa din kaya?

Here is the actual post for the Yamaha recall.
Yamaha issues safety recall on amps, 30 years on
6 Jun 2010

Yamaha A-960II: possible safety issues
Yamaha has issued a safety notice on seven of its amplifiers – up to 30 years after they were manufactured.

It's been discovered that there's a small chance that 220/240V versions of some amps made between 1980 and 1982 can develop faults in their power supplies, potentially leading to smoke or even fire.

The full text of the notice is below:

Yamaha still taking special care after 3 decades:

Important safety advice regarding Yamaha amplifiers which were manufactured 1980 - 1982.

Models A-760, A-760II, A-960, A-960II, A-1060, M-50, M-70 and B-6

We would like to express our thanks to Yamaha customers for their appreciation of Yamaha's outstanding quality and durability. It is our pleasure to see many customers enjoying our hi-fi products for decades.

During on-going quality assurance tests that we regularly undertake for our entire portfolio of products, a potential security risk has been identified which necessitates taking the above-mentioned devices (220/240V power supply) out of operation.

After years of use and in rare cases, the power supply can become faulty. In the most extreme cases, heavy smoke or even fire may develop inside the device.

To eliminate all risks, we have decided to take voluntary safety measures. Customers are advised to remove the plug from the mains socket and contact us before using the device again.

Should you know of others in possession of an affected device, please inform them.

Contact us on + 44 ( 1908 369213 (9:00am – 5:00pm), or alternatively send an email to [email protected] or visit it our support page via the following link: http://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/

Feedback from the post of Yamaha recall.  :P :P
chebby Mon, Jun 7 2010, 11:35AM
More likely a fault that did not develop until 30 years on due to component ageing.

Do you know of many other companies that are still checking safety on ALL of their products including those made 30 years ago or more?

I actually have more respect for Yamaha now - due to this announcement - and it has made me more likely to buy their product.

Tabby Sun, Jun 6 2010, 3:21PM
Well done Yamaha.

Superb customer service for a discontinued product.
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2012 at 07:11 PM by xrampage »
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Apr 30, 2012 at 02:09 AM »
Siguro naman in 30 years from now upgrade na din ang receiver ko di like ng ibang brand kabago bago pero narecall na kasi alam ng low quality checking. Malamang kaya di napansin yang yamaha kasi maganda ang quality check nila kaya di napasin. I'm not bashing in any brand pero kitang kita naman kahit google ang per brand makikita kung sino pinaka madaming model ang nirecall.  :P :P

Atleast even matagal na ung mga yamaha receivers na released yamaha still check any issue on their uynits that has been release. Sa ibang brand kaya after nila marelease may checking pa din kaya?

Here is the actual post for the Yamaha recall.
Feedback from the post of Yamaha recall.  :P :P

Isipin mo kung after 30 years naka Yamaha A-2000 pa rin ako.. ha ha ha.. nakakatawa siguro yun... By that time di mo na kelangan nang Shelves for gears kasi lahat lumulutang na.. ha ha ha
Walang Setup

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Apr 30, 2012 at 09:26 AM »
Isipin mo kung after 30 years naka Yamaha A-2000 pa rin ako.. ha ha ha.. nakakatawa siguro yun... By that time di mo na kelangan nang Shelves for gears kasi lahat lumulutang na.. ha ha ha

Yun nga at isa pa after 30 years nag recall pa ang yamaha sa tingin mo brader sa ibang brand may recall din kaya after 30 years na malaman nila mag ka issue ang electronics nila.   :P :P
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Apr 30, 2012 at 07:25 PM »
Yun nga at isa pa after 30 years nag recall pa ang yamaha sa tingin mo brader sa ibang brand may recall din kaya after 30 years na malaman nila mag ka issue ang electronics nila.   :P :P

Sa ibang brand, asa ka pang aminin nila na Fault nila yung problem he he he
Walang Setup

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Apr 30, 2012 at 08:30 PM »
Sa ibang brand, asa ka pang aminin nila na Fault nila yung problem he he he

:P :P
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.