Author Topic: WD TV Live Hub, Xtreamer Prodigy Silver, OR PCH A300?  (Read 1506 times)

Offline communista

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
WD TV Live Hub, Xtreamer Prodigy Silver, OR PCH A300?
« on: Apr 10, 2012 at 02:12 PM »
I'm looking at choosing what NMT to purchase based on this three. I've done my homework/research but no decision yet - although I'm leaning towards the PCH A300 because of its strong overall features, but the price is a bit high. The Prodigy Silver, which I think has some bang for the buck based on its features is making it more difficult for me to decide.

My worry is am I comparing apples to oranges here? What would you choose and why?

Hoping someone can steer me to a final decision  ;)

Thanks,

AB

Offline defjam

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re: WD TV Live Hub, Xtreamer Prodigy Silver, OR PCH A300?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2012 at 03:54 PM »
i think you should be comparing nmt's that are in the same price range or at least the same chip. If price is not an issue id go for the PCH a300. I have no experience with the WD live hub or the Prodigy silver but i think the prodigy has a separate thread and some feedbacks are not that good.

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2012 at 04:28 AM »
I'm using a wdtv live hub for more than a year a half now and it works flawlessly. If you have the money to get an a300 with hd, i'll go build an htpc instead.

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2012 at 08:03 AM »
I have the Prodigy Silver...and it's only problem was that out of the box, the firmware that it has was not good. Once you upgrade it to the newest firmware, it is pretty much okay.

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline communista

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 12:37 PM »
Thanks for your inputs! Went ahead for the PCH A300 and very happy with it. Funny thing is i also bought WD TV Live Hub for the bedroom, and very content with this one as well, but is more used for streaming video and audio content from my NAS setup. My only reklamo with the WD is that the fan tends to get a bit audible and some online services are crashing/exiting with casual use.