Home Theater > Amplifier

Newbie & Not-so Noob Thread: Questions (FAQ) on Receivers/Amplifiers

(1/211) > >>

egzbuen:
im quite new here so here goes....

im using a pioneer component with built in dvd player but no dolby digital nor dts capability. More specifically, its the vs 300 model i think...

anyway, im just pissed cuz i cant enjoy my dvds even more due to lack of the above mentioned capabilites..

well, i tried checking out the manuals and it stated that it has a digital output...whatever that means ;D well, i guees i cn attach a decoder ,am i right?

1. well, my question is that where can i buy one of these decoders? I hope i dont have to buy a receiver cuz they really are exepensive but i do wna enjoy Dolby digital or dts output sana ;D
2. is there such a thing? just a decoder and not a receiver?
3. how much would it cost?

thnx ya all and hope you can help me out! 8)

MOD NOTE:

old and new newbie inquiries merged, making this into a sticky, so all newbie and not so noob questions should be posted here! post away.  :)

bently:
i don't get it ???

are you saying that you have a pioneer receiver that has a built in dvd player, but it is not capable of decoding dolby digital or dts audio signals? :o

so what you have right now is a receiver with a built in dvd player that can only play in stereo or dolby prologic?

this just makes no sense?  ???

since pioneer would not be that stupid to package a receiver with a built in dvd player and leave out the dolby digital feature behind....  >:(

i'm very curious to know more about this model.

can you be more specific with the model # and discription?

heres a link to pioneers products
pioneer electronics

bently

gaol:

--- Quote ---
im quite new here so here goes....

im using a pioneer component with built in dvd player but no dolby digital nor dts capability. More specifically, its the vs 300 model i think...

anyway, im just pissed cuz i cant enjoy my dvds even more due to lack of the above mentioned capabilites..

well, i tried checking out the manuals and it stated that it has a digital output...whatever that means ;D well, i guees i cn attach a decoder ,am i right?

1. well, my question is that where can i buy one of these decoders? I hope i dont have to buy a receiver cuz they really are exepensive but i do wna enjoy Dolby digital or dts output sana ;D
2. is there such a thing? just a decoder and not a receiver?
3. how much would it cost?

thnx ya all and hope you can help me out! 8)

--- End quote ---

Egzbuen,

Welcome to PinoyDVD, fellow PPC (pinoypc) member! (tama ba?  ;))

Bently's right. If you're equipment is a mini-compo or home theater in a box with built-in dvd player, most likely it should come with at least Dolby Digital. If you can give us the model number and specs, it would be easier for us to help you.

Again, welcome!

GAOL

DTS:
Gaol/Bently,

I'm afraid egzbuen is correct. Pioneer DID come out with DVD mini-components without DD or DTS decoders.

In November 2000, I helped a friend canvas for a mini-compo with DVD player.  That's how I became aware of this.

Sayang, I no longer have the Pioneer brochure with me but if I'm not mistaken, the Pioneer DVD mini-compos only had decoders starting with the VS500DVD.  Since egzbuen says he has the 300 model, I'm afraid that does not have any decoders.

EGZBUEN,

Yes, your component may have a digital output, but I believe it doesn't have a 6-channel input.  So even if you get a separate decoder, you'll only be able to connect the component to the decoder. but from there, wala na   :(

gaol:

--- Quote ---
Gaol/Bently,

I'm afraid egzbuen is correct. Pioneer DID come out with DVD mini-components without DD or DTS decoders.

In November 2000, I helped a friend canvas for a mini-compo with DVD player.  That's how I became aware of this.

Sayang, I no longer have the Pioneer brochure with me but if I'm not mistaken, the Pioneer DVD mini-compos only had decoders starting with the VS500DVD.  Since egzbuen says he has the 300 model, I'm afraid that does not have any decoders.

EGZBUEN,

Yes, your component may have a digital output, but I believe it doesn't have a 6-channel input.  So even if you get a separate decoder, you'll only be able to connect the component to the decoder. but from there, wala na   :(

--- End quote ---

Yo DTS!

Thanks for clarifyung the matter! Oo nga, I think I've seen these Pioneer mini-compos in the appliance stores.

Thing is, even if there is a digital output, it appears the signal is not a Dolby Digital nor DTS stream (or is it? malamang hindi, unless inadvertise na nila na DD/DTS ready eto or something.). So even if you connect this to a DD/DTS decoder via the digital out, the decoder
will not be able to do anything because there is no DD or DTS signal to decode.

Parang sa DVD player, even if you have a digital out, it doesn't necessarily imply that it can send out a DTS stream digitally to the receiver, unless stated specifically and may logo na DTS Surround Out.

GAOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version