Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 866162 times)

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #4230 on: Jan 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM »
But isnt it also true that if you are a shooter and your role is to score, coaches will tell you to keep shooting because that is what you are supposed to do.

Probably at least do something else....try to get to the line. It was apparent for 3+ quarters the shot wasn't falling.  I really don't consider Kobe a shooter.  Really more of a scorer.

Online dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
« Reply #4231 on: Jan 21, 2013 at 12:43 PM »
tahimik na nga lang ako...

NYA HA HA HA HA HA!!! (tsk di ko talaga mapigilan...)
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #4232 on: Jan 21, 2013 at 12:55 PM »
Sabi na nga ba makikita kita dito eh ;D

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4233 on: Jan 21, 2013 at 01:51 PM »

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #4234 on: Jan 21, 2013 at 02:05 PM »
meh. nothing's imminent. pure speculation lang yung article. haha nasayang brain cells ko dun ah. haha

So if magkatotoo yan, Seattle Kings or back to Supersonics? Tapos yung Warriors sa San Fran dba. San Francisco Warriors. :D

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #4235 on: Jan 21, 2013 at 03:33 PM »
Ayun oh!  ;)  ;D

Chris 'Birdman' Andersen signs with Heat

MIAMI (AP) -- Chris Andersen wore a stars-and-stripes headband Sunday morning, showed off the colorful array of tattoos that stretch from his neck to his ankles and virtually all spots in between, and spoke about himself in the third person.

He's got 10 days to make an impression on the Miami Heat.

Seems like he's already off to a good start.

The veteran forward-center signed a 10-day deal with the Heat on Sunday and worked out with his new club for the first time. For a team that's looking for rebounding help, Andersen - who hasn't appeared in an NBA game since playing with Denver last March - is hoping that he will be the answer.....

read more: http://www.nba.com/2013/news/01/20/heat-sign-chris-andersen.ap/index.html

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #4236 on: Jan 21, 2013 at 04:19 PM »
Ayun oh!  ;)  ;D

Chris 'Birdman' Andersen signs with Heat

MIAMI (AP) -- Chris Andersen wore a stars-and-stripes headband Sunday morning, showed off the colorful array of tattoos that stretch from his neck to his ankles and virtually all spots in between, and spoke about himself in the third person.

He's got 10 days to make an impression on the Miami Heat.

Seems like he's already off to a good start.

The veteran forward-center signed a 10-day deal with the Heat on Sunday and worked out with his new club for the first time. For a team that's looking for rebounding help, Andersen - who hasn't appeared in an NBA game since playing with Denver last March - is hoping that he will be the answer.....

read more: http://www.nba.com/2013/news/01/20/heat-sign-chris-andersen.ap/index.html

If his addition works out for the heat then it only proves that small ball isnt for the long haul.
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2013 at 04:19 PM by Timithekid »
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4237 on: Jan 21, 2013 at 04:46 PM »
^ Or Bosh is SOFT and have only been tough last season.

Bosh:

Listed height    6 ft 11 in (2.11 m)

Andersen

Listed height    6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)

^ I don't see much difference. Its the EFFORT and style of play. Which will turn a level up again in the post season.

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4238 on: Jan 21, 2013 at 04:53 PM »
^ Or Bosh is SOFT and have only been tough last season.

Bosh:

Listed height    6 ft 11 in (2.11 m)

Andersen

Listed height    6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)

^ I don't see much difference. Its the EFFORT and style of play. Which will turn a level up again in the post season.

Bosh does not play 5 naturally, the birdman has always been a switch 4-5(similar to a duncan as an example).  Plus, bosh plays perimeter most of hos career, birdman has played inside even before was covered with tattoo's.  yes, the style of play makes a difference thats why its not fair to compare bosh and the birdman when it comes to rebounding.

As to your point about a second level give up nako dyan kasi wala yan basis.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4239 on: Jan 21, 2013 at 05:19 PM »
Bosh refuses to play 5, the birdman has always been a switch 4-5(similar to a duncan as an example).  Plus, bosh plays perimeter most of hos career, birdman has played inside even before was covered with tattoo's.  yes, the style of play makes a difference thats why its not fair to compare bosh and the birdman when it comes to rebounding.

As to your point about a second level give up nako dyan kasi wala yan basis.

Fixed. ;D That is why I brought up the height difference, if we research more we may be shocked to find out that Bosh is also heavier. :)

Saan ba nanggaling Small Ball/Positionless Basketball = Less Rebounds nga pala? :)

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4240 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 09:42 AM »
Pau has a new place!

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
Pau Gasol is out as Lakers' starter, Mike D'Antoni said. Permanently.

haha MDA has some big cojones!

Offline marsie38

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4241 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 10:07 AM »
If that's the case... Expect more losing streak from the LAL... Gasol will be playing... but not 100% bwahahahaha... isip isip....
~*mars*~

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4242 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM »
haha. di naman siguro. he'll probably help the bench. Sana maging star bench player siya. wahaha.

sabi nya "I've been a star starter my entire career"...well, D'Antoni says "Not anymore, Paulina."

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #4243 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 10:30 AM »
mas maganda pa nilalaro ni clark kaysa kay pau recently. kaya for me ok lang muna na off the bench si pau. i like clark's energy. his defense and rebounding is pretty good too. si pau kasi sometimes he looks like he doesn't care anymore. he's back to his "gasoft" ways lalo na sa defense.

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #4244 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 10:37 AM »
haha. di naman siguro. he'll probably help the bench. Sana maging star bench player siya. wahaha.

sabi nya "I've been a star starter my entire career"...well, D'Antoni says "Not anymore, Paulina."

bakit hindi nalang kaya si kobe ang gawing 6th man, para manu ginobili type of energy and spark ang dalhin niya sa lakers. para kapag pagod na ang mga opposing starters, dun babanat si kobe ng kanyang scoring at the same time he has enough rest for his old legs.  ;D

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #4245 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 10:43 AM »
Pau has a new place!

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
Pau Gasol is out as Lakers' starter, Mike D'Antoni said. Permanently.

haha MDA has some big cojones!
seriously Clark over Gasol! i hate to see the Lakers lose but MDA is not helping at all. iba talaga kapag hindi championship caliber ang coach. he just don't know what to do anymore. this made me want Brown back :(

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #4246 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 10:52 AM »
I can understand MDA doing this. It's his neck on the line.  On the other hand, you lose a player's morale. And this scheme could bite MDA in the butt.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4247 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 10:55 AM »
seriously Clark over Gasol! i hate to see the Lakers lose but MDA is not helping at all. iba talaga kapag hindi championship caliber ang coach. he just don't know what to do anymore. this made me want Brown back :(

wow. princeton suckfense? no thanks. I'll take this D'antoni garbage team rather than another full season of Brown's dumb facial reactions.haha

in some way kasalanan pa din ni brown 'to e. He focused all his energy on learning the princeton offense that he forgot to inculcate defense sa Lakers. siyempre tapos palitan mo ng coach na offensive minded lang, eh di lalong naging basura defense. hahaha

dapat nga siguro si Jeff Van Gundy na lang pinili eh if di talaga available si Phil.

anyway, desperate times call for desperate measures. these are desperate times for the Lakers. D'Antonni is doing anything and everything he can to keep the his mustache from falling apart. Besides, Clark fits better with the starting line up. Makes them a little bit faster. Tapos Pau can now play slow ball in the post as the head honcho of the bench. haha

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #4248 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 10:57 AM »
His name should be Wight Howard. No 'D.'

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #4249 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 11:21 AM »
wow. princeton suckfense? no thanks. I'll take this D'antoni garbage team rather than another full season of Brown's dumb facial reactions.haha

in some way kasalanan pa din ni brown 'to e. He focused all his energy on learning the princeton offense that he forgot to inculcate defense sa Lakers. siyempre tapos palitan mo ng coach na offensive minded lang, eh di lalong naging basura defense. hahaha

dapat nga siguro si Jeff Van Gundy na lang pinili eh if di talaga available si Phil.

anyway, desperate times call for desperate measures. these are desperate times for the Lakers. D'Antonni is doing anything and everything he can to keep the his mustache from falling apart. Besides, Clark fits better with the starting line up. Makes them a little bit faster. Tapos Pau can now play slow ball in the post as the head honcho of the bench. haha

If I recall, the defense under Brown was outstanding. I think they gave up less than 100pts a game. It was the offense that was the problem.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4250 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 11:26 AM »
If I recall, the defense under Brown was outstanding. I think they gave up less than 100pts a game. It was the offense that was the problem.

At the start of the season? It was both actually. The offense was stagnant and the D was non-existent. Horrible both ways.

For humor purposes, at least ok yung offense ng Lakers now. Let's just not iscuss the "d". whoops.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4251 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 01:07 PM »
I'm at that point when it doesn't even disappoint me when Lakers lose. It's become the norm instead of the exception. I just give a nod of indifference and acceptance every time they let it slip away again.

Another pathetic loss, as expected.

Offline frequenzy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
« Reply #4252 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 01:08 PM »
with the way MDA is the running the Lakers, he is throwing the players under the bus. anyway i already expected this from MDA, his way of coaching doesn't really fit the Lakers, everybody knows it except him.

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4253 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 01:11 PM »
I wonder why mda was kobe's choice outside of phil jax and i think they are already throwing the season away by choice.  Not sure what advantage that will get them for next seasons draft or fa market.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2013 at 01:13 PM by Timithekid »
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline frequenzy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
« Reply #4254 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 01:20 PM »
a banged up hinrich vs the lakers and hinrich still won :)

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4255 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 01:32 PM »
a banged up hinrich vs the lakers and hinrich still won :)

Nash got owned with his matador defense. Sa 4th quarter, they made it rain 3s. Si Dwight naman mukhang walang gana maglaro tapos palaging nastrip off from his hadns yung ball.

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4256 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 01:40 PM »
I'm at that point when it doesn't even disappoint me when Lakers lose. It's become the norm instead of the exception. I just give a nod of indifference and acceptance every time they let it slip away again.

Another pathetic loss, as expected.

+1

This "acceptance" started way back in pre-season for me. Hehe.

Still a Lakers fan though... and still hoping against hope.

nbc

Go Lakers!!! :)

***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 974
« Reply #4257 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 02:00 PM »
14 L's to go and they will go down in Basketball history as the greatest Team assembled that never made it to the playoffs. Everybody associated with this team during this season will be tainted forever.

I wonder if the Buss family still thinks that MDA is the right guy for this task. JVG would have been a very good choice but they already rolled the dice on this one and another coaching change will mean that they admit to the whole world that they made a costly blunder.

Just how costly? Lets see:
- they wasted 1 year out of the last two years of Kobe ( assuming he retires after 2013-2014 season)
- they probably blown out any chance that Howard re-signs in the off season
- they wasted 1 year out of the last few remaining productive years of Nash
- they misused Gasol to the extent that the guy seems not interested anymore in playing.
- Phil Jax won't even touch the topic of coaching again for the Purple and Gold

After they got two of the best players in Nash and Howard to complement Kobe and Gasol they then get a guy who has nothing but reasons to explain the losses. A month ago he said Nash will be the key...now he can't even begin to explain why the effort isn't consistent. Isn't it obvious that the players aren't responding anymore to him?

They should have stuck with Coach BB the rest of the year in hindsight.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2013 at 02:01 PM by synchro_01 »
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4258 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 02:03 PM »
14 L's to go and they will go down in Basketball history as the greatest Team assembled that never made it to the playoffs. Everybody associated with this team during this season will be tainted forever.

I wonder if the Buss family still thinks that MDA is the right guy for this task. JVG would have been a very good choice but they already rolled the dice on this one and another coaching change will mean that they admit to the whole world that they made a costly blunder.

Just how costly? Lets see:
- they wasted 1 year out of the last two years of Kobe ( assuming he retires after 2013-2014 season)
- they probably blown out any chance that Howard re-signs in the off season
- they wasted 1 year out of the last few remaining productive years of Nash
- they misused Gasol to the extent that the guy seems not interested anymore in playing.
- Phil Jax won't even touch the topic of coaching again for the Purple and Gold

After they got two of the best players in Nash and Howard to complement Kobe and Gasol they then get a guy who has nothing but reasons to explain the losses. A month ago he said Nash will be the key...now he can't even begin to explain why the effort isn't consistent. Isn't it obvious that the players aren't responding anymore to him?

They should have stuck with Coach BB the rest of the year in hindsight.

Agree with staying with coach BB he had a decent rotation.  Parang brooklyn lang yan, coach PJ is workin wonders.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline jericm

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4259 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 02:15 PM »
Dr. Jerry Buss should fire his son Jim for this MDA blunder.
Toshiba 47XL700
Pioneer 420DV
SVS SB12NSD
Onkyo TX-SR600
Bose Accoustimass 7
Egreat S7A Pro