Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 862853 times)

Online bashi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • Yo!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 349
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #5040 on: Feb 16, 2013 at 02:38 PM »
can you imagine Jordan playing with the current rules of the NBA, Jordan played during the days where kahit may dugo na, minsan hinayaan pa tumuloy ang game

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #5041 on: Feb 16, 2013 at 03:48 PM »
Pinalabas kanina sa BTV some parts of the much talked about comment kuno ni MJ re Kobe vs LBJ. Hindi naman pala directly sinabi na 5 ring is better than 1. Malayo dun sa mga lumabas sa balita 'yung sagot ni MJ. Noong tinanong sya about Kobe and LBJ pabiro pa nga sinabi ni MJ na si Durant daw ang mas magaling. Tapos si LBJ daw ang dominat ngayon, but Kobe has 5 rings. I have to see that interview again, hindi ako masyado naka concentrate eh, busy ako eh. Sa Monday ata ipapalabas 'yung buong interview.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5042 on: Feb 16, 2013 at 07:35 PM »
This looks like a wild rumor - probably to add more hype to the Lakers-Celtics rematch next week:

Lakers & Celtics held "preliminary talks" for a Howard-Rondo trade

TRADE HOWARD!!! PRONTO!!!

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #5043 on: Feb 16, 2013 at 08:46 PM »
Pinalabas kanina sa BTV some parts of the much talked about comment kuno ni MJ re Kobe vs LBJ. Hindi naman pala directly sinabi na 5 rng is better than 1. Malayo dun sa mga lumabas sa balita 'yung sagot ni MJ. Noong tinanong sya about Kobe and LBJ pabiro pa nga sinabi ni MJ na si Durant daw ang mas magaling. Tapos si LBJ daw ang dominat ngayon, but Kobe has 5 rings. I have to see that interview again, hindi ako masyado naka concentrate eh, busy ako eh. Sa Monday ata ipapalabas 'yung buong interview.

Yeah nakita ko rin. Ang understanding ko if you read between the lines, mas magaling si LBJ ke Kobe. Lamang lang si Kobe sa rings. But he believes he can surpass Kobe in terms of number of rings. Iba nga naging context in print.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #5044 on: Feb 16, 2013 at 08:50 PM »
can you imagine Jordan playing with the current rules of the NBA, Jordan played during the days where kahit may dugo na, minsan hinayaan pa tumuloy ang game

No hand-checking rule, touch fouls in place and Jordan often has 50% plus FG% and attempting around 10FTs per game..... he could probably average around 45PPG!   :D

Offline garee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • "your look, sounds familiar"
  • Liked:
« Reply #5045 on: Feb 16, 2013 at 09:42 PM »
This looks like a wild rumor - probably to add more hype to the Lakers-Celtics rematch next week:

Lakers & Celtics held "preliminary talks" for a Howard-Rondo trade

and another LA - Boston trade...
the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers have talked about the idea of moving KG to the Clippers for a pair of developing, yet dynamic young players in Eric Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan.

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 377
« Reply #5046 on: Feb 16, 2013 at 10:39 PM »
^ I like this trade, if ever it materializes ..... works for both teams.

For LAC, should they get Garnett, they'll be one step closer ...... very serious contenders for this season and the next few years - since a Garnett signing will likely convince Paul to resign by next off-season.

For BOS, it's a good time to rebuild ...... they get a promising PG Bledsoe, who will cover for the injured Rondo ....... though obviously overpaid, Deandre Jordan still has some upside - and will be better utilized in the smaller Eastern conference.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5047 on: Feb 17, 2013 at 09:01 AM »
Lebron edged Kobe, 58-57

Well, that's actually Team Lebron vs Team Kobe in the Sprite Uncontainable game of the 2013 All Star Weekend.  It included two Pinoy ballers John Paul Calvo and GenMar Bragais.

http://ph.nba.com/local-events/45/pinoy-ballers-ballers-showcased-in-sprite-uncontainable-game#.USAqYh0iLla

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #5048 on: Feb 17, 2013 at 06:29 PM »
from S.I., this started it all in 1982. HAPPY BDAY, G.O.A.T. 50 cheers!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130215/michael-jordan-north-carolina/

at 50. cover pa ng s.i.

btw imho the best dunk competition was between 'mj and 'nique
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2013 at 06:32 PM by ojofool »

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #5049 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM »
allstar weekend happened to fall on MJ's 50th hehehe

kaya ayan MJ vs. LBJ

http://ph.sports.yahoo.com/news/michael-lebron-one-one-verbally-095641097--spt.html

Washington Post columnist John Feinstein slammed James, saying, "you don't put Horry or Buechler into the conversation, or Steve Kerr - who won five on two different teams."
 "The question is, 'As the best player on a team how many championships did you lead your team to?,'" he told Reuters. "Russell is the best winner of all-time and Jordan and Kobe are way ahead of LeBron - for now

Feinstein said James should have taken the humble route and said of Jordan, "He's right, I have won only one title. When he was 28 he had also won one. I hope I'm fortunate enough to win a few more before I'm done.

http://news.yahoo.com/michael-jordan-50-still-greatest-182854049--abc-news-celebrities.html
But when Russell was winning 11 NBA championships with the Boston Celtics, he had something that Jordan didn't - a team stacked with other great players.

Russell played alongside Bob Cousy, Tommy Heinsohn, K.C. Jones, Sam Jones and John Havlicek, all of whom are in the Hall of Fame.

Aside from Scottie Pippen, Jordan played with a cast of journeymen and role players - yes, solid players like Horace Grant and Bill Cartwright, but who else?
 The other name that of course comes to mind is Dennis Rodman..................

Offline Kd Jb

• Trade Count: (+113)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #5050 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 12:34 PM »
2 times na soplak ni kobe si lbj..

Cp3 is all star mvp.

West wins

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5051 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 12:36 PM »
Olats East... on to the next HEAT Game nalang hehehe

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5052 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM »
2 times na soplak ni kobe si lbj..

Cp3 is all star mvp.

West wins

I think the highlight of the game were the two blocks of Kobe on Lebron.  Masyado naman yata pinersonal ni Mamba.  Hahahah.  Nice blocks by the Mamba.  That will be highlight reel for years to come.  Whew!!

Kobe was saying pa ata something to Lebron after the 1st block and I don't think those were kind words. Hayop talaga sa pag ka alpha male tong si Mamba ::)

« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2013 at 01:00 PM by mattia »

Offline marsie38

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5053 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 12:57 PM »
Great game by cp3. Na out mvp niya si durant which is deserving din. Pero cp3 plays the all around game with a very high accuracy. Kobe got lbj on this one parang pilit na kasi si lbj sa end game e. Trying to go for the win. Ang hirap sa east wala sicp3 sa kanila too bad for them
~*mars*~

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #5054 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM »
Bwahaha panis si lebron. Supalpal si dpogs este si lebron. Hahaha

Offline 2fast2furious

• Trade Count: (+100)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #5055 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 01:18 PM »
Too bad walang PG ang East. Injured si Rondo.

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #5056 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 01:33 PM »
any links dun sa two blocks ni kobe :)

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #5057 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 02:58 PM »
any links dun sa two blocks ni kobe :)

This one's better, the NBA All Star HL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hol2aADrlT0

Kinareer talaga ni Kobe 'yung depensa nya kay LBJ. Ang alam ko sa All Star games wala naman talaga depensa, you let everybody shine. Kaya nga hindi dapat siniseryoso ang All Star game. Hindi ka makakita ng ganoong kadami dunks sa regular games gaya ng laro kanina. Plus kung hinayaan ni Kobe maka shoot si LBJ noong 2nd block nya, it will make the game more interesting kasi lalo didikit 'yung laban, kaso syempre mas gusto ni Kobe ang "spotlight". Hooray for Kobe!

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5058 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 03:11 PM »
First 3 quarters, exhibition. Last quarter is as serious as any other. In Kobe's defense, Wade broke his nose in last year's all star game.

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #5059 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 03:25 PM »
If all the NBA participating superstars in the All Star game will have Kobe's state of mind, I don't think they will enjoy the game. Kobe I think won't enjoy either.

Offline 2fast2furious

• Trade Count: (+100)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #5060 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 03:28 PM »
If all the NBA participating superstars in the All Star game will have Kobe's state of mind, I don't think they will enjoy the game. Kobe I think won't enjoy either.
kaya ganun laro ni kobe kasi baka makalimutan na sya. imagine kung di sila maka pasok ng 8th seed sa west.

Offline Ctlim

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5061 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 04:01 PM »
Excerpts from LBJ's statement :

"I don't think rings always define someone's career. If that was the case then I'd sit up here and take... (Bill) Russell over Jordan. But I wouldn't. I wouldn't take Russell over Jordan. Russell has 11 rings, Jordan has six. I'd take, I don't know, (Robert) Horry over Kobe.

It's your own personal opinion. Rings don't define someone's career. A guy like Judd Buechler who has multiple rings, Charles Barkley doesn't have any. He's not better than Charles Barkley. Patrick Ewing is one of the greatest of all time. Reggie Miller is one of the greatest of all time.

Sometimes it's the situation that you're in, it's the team you're in, and it's about timing as well.

I don't play the game and try and define myself about what guys say or how they feel about me. It doesn't matter to me. I play for my family, my teammates, my coaching staff, my fans, and that's it."

[/quote]

Fact: Lebron is the best player in the NBA right now.
Fact: JORDAN said Lebron is a better player who dominates now. But Kobe 5 rings (MJ was probably referring to experience) he did go on to say Lebron might get there or even finish with more rings.

To me, either Lebron's statement was a knee jerk reaction that he said those things without even watching what MJ said. If he watched it, then he is as dumb as I think he is. The question posed referred to FRANCHISE PLAYERS leading teams to win rings, he's not a role player so putting Robert Horry in the equation is just outright "a juvenile reaction."

And I love how at the back of MJ's head he was saying.... Kevin Durant. <--- I totally agree.

No need to put up MJ vs anyone. There will never be another Michael Jordan, all those who have witnessed know that. Even Kobe, Even Lebron.

I bet you they all still wish they could be.... "LIKE MIKE."
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2013 at 04:03 PM by Ctlim »

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5062 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 04:05 PM »

"I don't think rings always define someone's career. If that was the case then I'd sit up here and take... (Bill) Russell over Jordan. But I wouldn't. I wouldn't take Russell over Jordan. Russell has 11 rings, Jordan has six. I'd take, I don't know, (Robert) Horry over Kobe.

It's your own personal opinion. Rings don't define someone's career. A guy like Judd Buechler who has multiple rings, Charles Barkley doesn't have any. He's not better than Charles Barkley. Patrick Ewing is one of the greatest of all time. Reggie Miller is one of the greatest of all time.

Sometimes it's the situation that you're in, it's the team you're in, and it's about timing as well.

I don't play the game and try and define myself about what guys say or how they feel about me. It doesn't matter to me. I play for my family, my teammates, my coaching staff, my fans, and that's it."

Fact: JORDAN said Lebron is a better player who dominates now. But Kobe 5 rings (MJ was probably referring to experience) he did go on to say Lebron might get there or even finish with more rings.

To me, either Lebron's statement was a knee jerk reaction that he said those things without even watching what MJ said. If he watched it, then he is as dumb as I think he is. The question posed referred to FRANCHISE PLAYERS leading teams to win rings, he's not a role player so putting Robert Horry in the equation is just outright "a juvenile reaction."

And I love how at the back of MJ's head he was saying.... Kevin Durant. <--- I totally agree.

No need to put up MJ vs anyone. There will never be another Michael Jordan, all those who have witnessed know that. Even Kobe, Even Lebron.

naghahanap ako ng LIKE button, pdvd nga pala to.:)
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5063 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 04:06 PM »
Go Kobe!!!  ;D

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline nbc

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5064 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 04:06 PM »
Sayang... di ko napanuod. Sometimes I have to work, you know. Hehehe.

What time is the replay?

nbc

Offline Ctlim

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5065 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 04:07 PM »
naghahanap ako ng LIKE button, pdvd nga pala to.:)

heheheh baka sabihin ni Larry Johnson "Hell even my grandma wants to be LIKE MIKE!" :D

Offline nbc

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5066 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 04:14 PM »
Bwahaha panis si lebron. Supalpal si dpogs este si lebron. Hahaha

Kabooooommm!!!  Hehe.   >:D

nbc

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5067 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 04:16 PM »

Kung di nila seseryosohin, lalabas pampa-cute lang pala yung all star MVP award.
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2013 at 04:23 PM by bumblebee »

Offline Ctlim

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5068 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 04:21 PM »
kobe blocks james 2x!!! classic. I never was a kobe fan. I AM NOW. after all that has been said and commented on, kobe chases down LBJ in the all star game?! now that is what I call A WINNER.

Lebron = NO HEART.

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #5069 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 04:32 PM »

Ganun din karamihan dito, dami agad nag react kahit 'di naman napanood 'yung actual interview. I can't blame them, kasi iba din 'yung lumabas sa internet malayo dun sa actual interview.
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2013 at 04:32 PM by VenoM_Unleashed »